PDA

View Full Version : Why Are The Dolphins...

A&O
04-03-2010, 10:15 AM
...according to most on-line draft mocks, so high on Jason Pierre-Paul?

Does Jason Pierre-Paul have the goods?

#1dolphinsfan
04-03-2010, 10:20 AM
JPP is very talented yet very raw it is a very big risk at 12 IMO

oasis
04-03-2010, 11:48 AM
Because we won't rest until we have our very own Vernon Gholston.

Romy148
04-03-2010, 12:50 PM
Yea Im not big on bringin in a DE that weights like 260 pounds and 6'6 and turning him into an outside linebacker. He is not JT come on we need to get our own brian cushing type of OLB.

foozool13
04-03-2010, 02:00 PM
Ireland and Parcells (obviously) have a very good history with OLB position...who ever they pick for OLB I will feel is a good choice...even if it is JPP. We don't even know 1/100 of the information they have from all the scouting.

miabrown23
04-03-2010, 03:50 PM
parcells while in Dallas drafted julis jones over Steven Jackson. So I agree they know more than everyone on this board they are not perfect. IMO 12 is a high pick to risk on a guy who only started 7 games in college

Miamifin23
04-03-2010, 10:06 PM
I don't see a OLB in this draft worthy of #12... If any it would be Sergio Kindle. I think we need to resign Jason Taylor, and roll with Taylor, Wake, and Anderson and focus on getting ourselves a #1 receiver (Bryant) or a stud safety (Berry or Thomas). If we go with Pierre-Paul I'll be pissed, considering the talent that would be available at 12.

X-Pacolypse
04-03-2010, 10:08 PM
JPP is just too raw, while a lot of mock drafts that have him mocked to the Dolphins are entitled to their opinion, they're still idiots for thinking Miami would even touch JPP.

insomnia411
04-03-2010, 10:13 PM
Brandon Graham is better than JPP at absolutely everything that a defensive end/OLB can possibly do.

OHH BUT BRANDON GRAHAM IS TOO SHORT AND PIERRE PAUL IS BIG AND FAST AND DOES BACKFLIPS YEAY LETS GET HIM!!!
Scouts make me sick.

COphinphan89
04-03-2010, 10:26 PM
Absolutely not at #12. Now if he's there at #43, let's talk.

t-dubya
04-03-2010, 10:48 PM
Him and Mays are really the only guys I'd be upset with at 12...
This FO places high value on production in college so I don't think they will draft either of the physical freaks that had limited productivity in college

Pinkboy
04-03-2010, 11:12 PM
I don't see a OLB in this draft worthy of #12... If any it would be Sergio Kindle. I think we need to resign Jason Taylor, and roll with Taylor, Wake, and Anderson and focus on getting ourselves a #1 receiver (Bryant) or a stud safety (Berry or Thomas). If we go with Pierre-Paul I'll be pissed, considering the talent that would be available at 12.

I find it kinda funny how in one sentence you say there isn't an OLB in this draft worthy of the 12th pick... and then in the very next sentence you choose a player who is by far the worst pass rusher of any of the top 7 guys.

and a player who has numerous faults and flaws to his game as a pass rusher... and in other areas... Kindle would be an absolute awful choice at #12.. I wouldn't touch that flake in the 2nd round. He is one of the most overrated players in this draft.

Former Ravens scout Daniel Jeremiah hit the nail on the head the other day when he said that Kindle just simply isn't a pass rusher.

j-off-her-doll
04-03-2010, 11:19 PM
I find it kinda funny how in one sentence you say there isn't an OLB in this draft worthy of the 12th pick... and then in the very next sentence you choose a player who is by far the worst pass rusher of any of the top 7 guys.

and a player who has numerous faults and flaws to his game as a pass rusher... and in other areas... Kindle would be an absolute awful choice at #12.. I wouldn't touch that flake in the 2nd round. He is one of the most overatted players in this draft.

Former Ravens scout Daniel Jeremiah hit the nail on the head the other day when he said that Kindle just simply isn't a pass rusher.

Been saying it all off season. For some reason, people see a big, lean guy who's supposed to be athletic (he's athletic in certain ways), and they just assume he's a great pass rusher. He has a terrible first step, and he has no pass rush moves.

TheBow305
04-03-2010, 11:25 PM
JPP is just too raw, while a lot of mock drafts that have him mocked to the Dolphins are entitled to their opinion, they're still idiots for thinking Miami would even touch JPP.

He's a much more likely pick for the Dolphins than Brandon Graham, whether you like it or not. It's the truth. I could see us drafting JPP, Kindle or Morgan if we go OLB. Maybe even Everson Griffen.

cobbs321
04-04-2010, 01:22 AM
there are two things on JPP
as of now, i have not heard that we are interested
its just that so called "experts" think we are interested

Clipse
04-04-2010, 03:01 AM
Most of these mock drafts are pure speculation. Any mock draft with JPP going to us at #12 hasn't done their homework. Parcells is not the type to take one year wonders and I'd be extremely shocked if JPP was the pick.

SRM
04-04-2010, 03:08 AM
If anything I'm seeing Dan Williams in all the mock drafts. Which tells me they aren't putting any research into the Fins, and are only slotting him there because he happens to be a DT projected to go in the 1st.

Clipse
04-04-2010, 03:12 AM
If anything I'm seeing Dan Williams in all the mock drafts. Which tells me they aren't putting any research into the Fins, and are only slotting him there because he happens to be a DT projected to go in the 1st.
JPP and Dan Williams are in the same boat. Anyone who has them slotted to us at #12 in a mock hasn't done much research. Dez Bryant is in that boat as well.

Roman529
04-04-2010, 04:12 AM
The Dolphins can't risk a 12th overall pick on a project like JPP. We need guys who are beyond the raw stage who can step in and start right away. Let other teams go aftr JPP.