PDA

View Full Version : Pat Kirwin reports Tebow could be a Fin

FinAtic8480
04-04-2010, 02:15 AM
Miami
Bill Parcells loves football players, and Tebow fits the bill. The Dolphins are not swayed by things like how the public feels about Pat White (http://www.nfl.com/players/patwhite/profile?id=WHI372113). If Parcells is intrigued enough, then they will consider him.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d81741713&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

I have not put Tebow on my draft guide for stubborn reasons, but after this report he will be placed. The Fins coached Tebow at the Senior Bowl where they most likely interviewed him and got to know him. He is a leader and a bigger, stronger version of Pat White. Quarterbacks add value to your team and the Fins have been showing interest in a number of QBs this year. Im not saying Tebow will be a Fin, but it would not surprise me to see the Fins draft him.

jim1
04-04-2010, 02:18 AM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d81741713&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

It's known that Parcells loves Tebow- not many on this site want to hear it, but it could happen. If Pat White is a bust, so be it.

COphinphan89
04-04-2010, 02:19 AM
Not happening.

FinAtic8480
04-04-2010, 02:25 AM
I dont think White is a bust, I think he needs time to become an NFL QB and needs to be used at other positions. He also needs to add weight and muscle.

SRM
04-04-2010, 02:27 AM
Wtf is with Kirwan? He's making the most ridiculous statements this offseason.

And I'd really be happy if we stopped trying so hard to upgrade our 3rd QB spot.

X-Pacolypse
04-04-2010, 02:33 AM
I would be shocked if Miami drafted Tebow. Very shocked.

Elliott 1
04-04-2010, 02:44 AM
Tebow will go to Jacksonville.

JT-forpresident
04-04-2010, 02:44 AM
unless he starts falling real far down the draft, i don't see the fins picking him ... i'm talking 5th 6th round... therefore i don't think there's a chance the fins pick him, if you know what i'm getting at !

JT-forpresident
04-04-2010, 02:46 AM
Tebow will go to Jacksonville.

i'm not so sure about this...

the bills seem like a very good landing spot for him, in the second round...

chan gailey worked with a pistol quarterback before (tyler thigpen) and working with tebow would not be so unfamiliar for him, in that sense...

foozool13
04-04-2010, 02:46 AM
If he falls to our 3rd...I def think we take him...not in the 2nd tho.

BARF
04-04-2010, 02:48 AM
Please Nooooooooooooooooooooooo

SRM
04-04-2010, 02:56 AM
If he falls to our 3rd...I def think we take him...not in the 2nd tho.

Even then, it's a waste of an important pick. There's still players for much needed safety and LB there.

COphinphan89
04-04-2010, 03:01 AM
i'm not so sure about this...

the bills seem like a very good landing spot for him, in the second round...

chan gailey worked with a pistol quarterback before (tyler thigpen) and working with tebow would not be so unfamiliar for him, in that sense...
Well said. In 2008, we saw first-hand Gailey's "Arrowspread" offense featuring Thigpen. It was actually their best offensive performance of that season if I'm not mistaken. He still needs work and nothing is guaranteed, but Barfalo does seem like a decent fit for him, even though I would have to root against him every weekend.

flynryan15
04-04-2010, 03:20 AM
They better stay clear of TeBLOW! QB is one position that shouldn't even be on our board! Or a gadget project player! We need impact players in the early rounds!

Namor
04-04-2010, 03:26 AM
Pat Kirwin is drunk!!!

bobw999
04-04-2010, 03:30 AM
I hope he goes to Buffalo.

Make their games interesting.

ckparrothead
04-04-2010, 03:34 AM
I'd bet money on it not happening.

jim1
04-04-2010, 04:03 AM

How much and what odds?

Roman529
04-04-2010, 04:06 AM
The Pats have a bunch of picks...I think they could take Tebow in the 2nd round. I seriously doubt Miami would do this with all the QBs we have.

ckparrothead
04-04-2010, 04:18 AM
How much and what odds?

I'm not creative enough to come up with the odds.

jim1
04-04-2010, 04:30 AM
I'm not creative enough to come up with the odds.

Then you really shouldn't make statements like

"I'd bet money on it not happening."

4THand10
04-04-2010, 04:30 AM
This article is pure BS.The Dolphins already have 4 QB's on the roster and why would they wan't to add another when there is so many holes that need filling?

BillParFan
04-04-2010, 04:33 AM

I have not put Tebow on my draft guide for stubborn reasons, but after this report he will be placed. The Fins coached Tebow at the Senior Bowl where they most likely interviewed him and got to know him. He is a leader and a bigger, stronger version of Pat White. Quarterbacks add value to your team and the Fins have been showing interest in a number of QBs this year. Im not saying Tebow will be a Fin, but it would not surprise me to see the Fins draft him.
I like it :up:

The rumor that is. Let the head games continue!

Phin-Phan 66
04-04-2010, 05:54 AM
there are just too many other areas of need than to pick another qb UNLESS we move down in the first and add additional picks. He'll be gone in the second so it is highly unlikely.

emeraldfin
04-04-2010, 05:59 AM
Dont see it happening and hopefully it wont.

redclamcrowder
04-04-2010, 06:49 AM

Nothing against Tebow, but I hope against hope he doesn't end up a Dolphin. The kid plays with a lot of fire and passion (which is admirable when so few gifted athletes show it these days) BUT we have a lot of areas of need and to waste even ONE pick on Tebow would be a mistake. I'm not saying he will or will not be a good player in this league, I just don't think he makes sense for the Dolphins THIS YEAR, especially when it looks like Miami will truly attempt to bring home a SuperBowl trophy.

TheBow305
04-04-2010, 06:56 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Seriously Kirwin, I REALLY hate you now!

TheBow305
04-04-2010, 06:57 AM

Same here. No chance.

Buff
04-04-2010, 07:22 AM
I dont think White is a bust, I think he needs time to become an NFL QB and needs to be used at other positions. He also needs to add weight and muscle.

I am not a Pat White fan. I wasn't happy that we drafted a 'spot' player when we should have drafted a player that will contribute more than just on the wildcat plays.

To say he needs time to become an NFL QB & then say that he needs to be used in other positions contradicts your statement. He needs to concentrate on being a QB, whish is what he wants, & we need to forget about him being a stop gap wr.

Personally, I think he will do nothing here at Miami, and after this year, he will be trade bait for next year. He may have something to offer in the NFL, but it wont be at Miami.

And regarding Tebow, with the emergence of Henne, and Chad P resigning & Thigpen on the roster, no way do I want Tebow here. Defence is the only option for at least the 1st 2 rounds. Tebow would be a luxury pick, ala White, and we can't afford that.

zodiak
04-05-2010, 05:25 AM
Its no surprise Parcells likes Tebow, if you do a google search you will find this list of Parcells requirements when drafting QB's

He must be a senior, because you need time and maturity to develop into a good professional quarterback.
He must be a graduate, because you want someone who takes his responsibilities seriously.
He must be a three-year starter, because you need to make sure his success wasn’t ephemeral and that he has lived as “the guy” for some period of time.
He must have at least 23 wins, because the big passing numbers must come in the context of winning games.
Now apply those questions to Tim Tebow and you will discover that you can place a check next to each question & Tebow.

Does this mean Tebow will be a success in the NFL? NO
Has Parcells had the same success drafting great NFL QB's as say Bill Walsh or Ron Wolf? NO

so I dont see that big of a deal in Parcells liking Tebow.

utahphinsfan
04-06-2010, 07:33 AM
If the phins want a running back as the eventual Wildcat triggerman then I'd suggest Gerhart of Stanford.

If Miami selcts Timmy... my favorite phrase will be "Go Colts. Dolphins suck."

Possum
04-06-2010, 07:35 AM
i believe tim teblow will be the reason the world ends in 2012.

utahphinsfan
04-06-2010, 07:39 AM
i believe tim teblow will be the reason the world ends in 2012.

If the world ends in 2012, its because the GOP ticket of Romney/Palin won in a landslide.

If not, St Timmy will be a life coach/minister and political commentator on Fox News in time for the 2014 mid term elections.

#1dolphinsfan
04-06-2010, 07:40 AM
I hope he doesn't end up in Miami

Possum
04-06-2010, 07:49 AM
if i see sun life in orange and blue during dolphins games, ill nuke it.

HurriPhin
04-06-2010, 06:34 PM
I think Buffalo is the most likely landing spot for Tebow. Not only did Gailey have Thigpen in KC but he was also a part of the Steelers when they drafted Kordell "Slash" Stewart in 95'. I don't think Edwards is Gailey's type of QB or leader and I could definitely see the Jill's drafting Tebow at #9.

p.s. I think Kirwin was drinking.

Chubby
04-06-2010, 06:39 PM
I am a huge Huge Huge Tebow fan, I love his character and Leadership and think he is going to have a very nice NFL career. But considering where he would be drafted and how many qb's we have on board i would be pretty upset if we drafted him.
Chubbs

ghostface95
04-06-2010, 08:32 PM
I swear on all of my deceased loved ones if the Dolphins pick Tebow (don't care if it's a day 1 or day 2 pick) I WILL HITCHHIKE MY WAY DOWN TO FLA AND GO POSTAL ON THE TRIFECTA and then "Florida's Finest" will be hauling me off to jail

clashcityrocker
04-06-2010, 08:43 PM
Then you really shouldn't make statements like

"I'd bet money on it not happening."

I'd bet a million billion dollars that it won't happen. 1:1 odds.

footsteps falco
04-06-2010, 08:51 PM
i can see it happening with the 3rd pick. i think theres too many BPA's in the 2nd to pick tebow. including the syracuse WR, or safety nate allen,

Phin-Phan 66
04-06-2010, 10:09 PM
i can see it happening with the 3rd pick. i think theres too many BPA's in the 2nd to pick tebow. including the syracuse WR, or safety nate allen,

no way he last until the third, and no way we draft him.
I love Tebow - I'm a Gator, but we just don't have the need for another QB this year.

RyanWallace321
04-06-2010, 10:32 PM
if we draft tebow in any round i will kill myself why waste a pick on garbage

Myles Fynch
04-07-2010, 12:08 AM
Tebow won't fall far enough for Miami to even semi-seriously consider it.

Jim Jensen was a QB originally, and became a clutch TE and ST ace for us. That is Tebow's ceiling, IMO.

phinfreak
04-07-2010, 12:38 AM
If the world ends in 2012, its because the GOP ticket of Romney/Palin won in a landslide.

If not, St Timmy will be a life coach/minister and political commentator on Fox News in time for the 2014 mid term elections.

Now that Huessin Obama is Prez...the world is ending....