PDA

View Full Version : Freddie Barnes

Fin_Frenzy_84
04-04-2010, 05:40 AM
I got a few questions about him?
Has miami brought him in for a visit at all?
What round do you think he will go?
Would you want him?
Are you worried about his speed?

DKphin
04-04-2010, 06:43 AM
He is projected to go in the 4th-5th rd. Playing WR is not all about speed. Barnes is a good route runner and knows how to get open. I do not know if he has visited the Dolphins, but I would not be surprised if they brought him in for a look. He has played QB before, so he is a good candidate if we continue to use the WC. I think he is a good receiver, but he is not what we need. We already have possession WRs, we need some one that is going to stretch the field and open up the running game.
26. WR Freddie Barnes 6𖌰12 lbs.

Barnes did not put up very impressive numbers his first three seasons but had a healthy, productive senior campaign, catching a whopping 155 balls for 1770 yards and 19 touchdowns. Needless to say, he led the nation in receiving. As a result, he may have jumped up from being a potentially undrafted free agent all the way to looking like a possible day one selection.http://www.nfl-draft-site.com/

01/18/2010 - East-West Shrine Monday Practice: Bowling Green State wide receiver Freddie Barnes was one of the stars of the day. He snatched several balls out of the air, adjusting to passes thrown high, low and wide. Toledo strong safety Barry Church found out what it would be like to cover an NFL receiver when Barnes gave him a nice head fake while running down the seam, stopping Church in his tracks and blowing by him. Though Barnes did drop one or two when allowing the ball to get too far into his chest and could be faster out of his breaks, overall he was clearly the best receiver on either squad.http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/archive/1114091

Fin_Frenzy_84
04-04-2010, 07:20 AM
He is projected to go in the 4th-5th rd. Playing WR is not all about speed. Barnes is a good route runner and knows how to get open. I do not know if he has visited the Dolphins, but I would not be surprised if they brought him in for a look. He has played QB before, so he is a good candidate if we continue to use the WC. I think he is a good receiver, but he is not what we need. We already have possession WRs, we need some one that is going to stretch the field and open up the running game.
26. WR Freddie Barnes 6𖌰12 lbs.
http://www.nfl-draft-site.com/
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/archive/1114091

I looked on CBS and they have him going 7th...

Mr. Magoo
04-04-2010, 07:27 AM
I like Barnes a lot. During the East-West Shrine game one of the commentators (I think it was Charles Davis) kept comparing him to the great Rod Smith (who went undrafted).

That's a lot to ask of Barnes but I definitely see something there. Good quickness. Good routes. Good, strong hands. Underrated speed, I think, but definitely mediocre speed. Nobody's definition of a deep threat. Just a very productive player who played against some meh competition but always seems to get open and make the play.

I could very well see him being one of our multitude of 6th or 7th round picks and competing with Camarillo for a job in camp, so much so that when it comes time for the thread on the 20 prospects that might become Dolphins he'll be on it.

justdev7
04-04-2010, 02:07 PM
The man can catch the ball he runs good routes and he has good size. His lack of speed will cause him to be a 6th rounder probably

CsonkaTime
04-04-2010, 05:39 PM
The ability to get open and then catching the ball overrides speed, IMO. Barnes isn't exactly slow, he just doesn't have that blazing 4.4 speed that gets everyone's attention. There was a guy named Jerry Rice who didn't have that blazing speed but turned out to be a pretty decent WR in the NFL. : )

His stats from his senior year in college alone are incredible. Barnes will get picked anywhere from the mid 4th round on. And yes, the Dolphins can use a player like him.

BARF
04-04-2010, 07:51 PM
jerry rice was neither fast and look how good he turned out

hooshoops
04-05-2010, 03:34 AM
possession wr in the pros...can get open underneath but i don't think he's a guy who's gonna do damage with the ball in his hands after the catch...not gonna outrun anyone either

#3 likely #4 wr imo...

Fin_Frenzy_84
04-05-2010, 05:12 AM
I hope we get him and if we trade Cam he can take over then Draft Dez for a number 1 then future are recievers are set with Hatline,Barnes,Bryant,Bess,Maybe Turner(BYE BYE GINN)