PDA

View Full Version : Florida Sports Buzz: Jason Worilds visits

jim1
04-04-2010, 12:43 PM
The Dolphins met with former linebacker Zach Thomas, who's retiring, and he's among candidates for radio work with the team, including pregame and postgame shows.

Oklahoma State receiver Dez Bryant wasn't the only visitor at Dolphins headquarters Friday. The team also had private visits with two outside linebacker prospects: Virginia Tech's Jason Worilds (a defensive end in college) and Ohio State's Austin Spitler, who also can play inside. Among players with no local ties, as many as 30 can visit Miami, per NFL rules.

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/04/04/1562344_p2/scouts-mlb-network-analyst-break.html#ixzz0k7Pk7wNi (http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/04/04/1562344_p2/scouts-mlb-network-analyst-break.html#ixzz0k7Pk7wNi)

justdev7
04-04-2010, 01:57 PM
I'm really excited to hear that we're looking at Worilds. I think he's one of the best if not the best pure pass rusher in the draft. And he's gonna go later than he should. Great value pick

jlfin
04-04-2010, 03:21 PM
I'm really excited to hear that we're looking at Worilds. I think he's one of the best if not the best pure pass rusher in the draft. And he's gonna go later than he should. Great value pick

I like him a lot also. Exactly how bad is his shoulder problem?

BassFin
04-04-2010, 03:49 PM
I like him a lot also. Exactly how bad is his shoulder problem?

I read that it pops in and out of the socket. But he's played through it. Tough as nails, just like the Big 3 like it.

jlfin
04-04-2010, 08:04 PM
I read that it pops in and out of the socket. But he's played through it. Tough as nails, just like the Big 3 like it.

In high school we had a guy on our wrestling team who could do that.
He was impossible to pin. Everytime he was put on his back he would intentionally pop his shoulder out, so one of his shoulder blades would never touch the mat.
It didn't seem to limit him as an athlete

hooshoops
04-05-2010, 03:21 AM
3 shoulder surgeries and reports that the shoulder still pops in and out on a regular basis...

medical risk...if the shoulders not an issue he's pick #43 material for me all day long