PDA

View Full Version : Drew's Views

FinAtic8480
04-05-2010, 07:49 AM
Drew is not buying the Dolphins love Tebow talk, Thank God! Says the Fins are loaded at QB and feels like Thigpen is the odd man out.

Rosenhause says Dolphin players are saying the offseason workouts are intense this year, basically they are not messing around.

Drew says Dez iz a real consideration for the Fins, but believes Dez wont be a Fin. Drew is sticking to his pick in Dan Williams and said Dez is probably 4th in the Fins list.

#1dolphinsfan
04-05-2010, 08:25 AM
If we pick dan williams over Dez Bryant that would be a horrble mistake IMO

gnome011
04-05-2010, 08:27 AM
Give me DEZ!

SizzlingFins04
04-05-2010, 08:29 AM
If we pick dan williams over Dez Bryant that would be a horrble mistake IMO

Ill ******* shoot myself if that happens on draft day! :hsmash:

FinAtic8480
04-05-2010, 08:54 AM
Dan Williams would fill a need. I liked what CK wrote in his top 25 comparing him to B.J. Raji. Not the sexy pick at all, but a good pick. Nobody wants to see it happen, but he is the one the makes the most sense for the organization.

#1dolphinsfan
04-05-2010, 08:58 AM
Dan Williams would fill a need. I liked what CK route in his top 25 comparing him to B.J. Raji. Not the sexy pick at all, but a good pick. Nobody wants to see it happen, but he is the one the makes the most sense for the organization.
and dez bryant wouldnt?

clownfish
04-05-2010, 09:43 AM
Dan Williams would fill a need. I liked what CK route in his top 25 comparing him to B.J. Raji. Not the sexy pick at all, but a good pick. Nobody wants to see it happen, but he is the one the makes the most sense for the organization.

I'm not one to correct people's grammar much, but this one is funny. Especially for someone who is writing a weekly column on this site. It's 'wrote' dude. Lol. Anyway, gimme Dez or Earl Thomas at #12 please.

MadDog 88
04-05-2010, 10:38 AM
McNabb going to Washington may see Clausen fall to Buffalo. If so, many experts had Williams going to the Bills but now he would come in to play at 12. As stated above, Dez is the sexy pick but Williams would be a solid pick as well.

SR 7
04-05-2010, 11:02 AM
if we pick dan over dez i quit as a fan.

JCfinfan
04-05-2010, 05:40 PM
I hope Drew is right regarding the Tebow talk.

Chubby
04-05-2010, 05:52 PM
Still think it will not be Dan Williams, no interest from the fins, not a great last season, doesnt jump out at you as omg this is the next comming.

I still think its going to be B. Graham or E. Thomas, I do not beleive Dez makes it to us.
Chubbs

insomnia411
04-05-2010, 05:59 PM
Graham, Thomas or Dez at 12. No one else will be accpeptable to me.

hemidemon
04-05-2010, 06:26 PM
and dez bryant wouldnt?
No he wouldn't. We would be much better off with Willaims in the first and Benn in the 2nd.

JFoxx
04-05-2010, 06:28 PM
ZZZZZZZZ. . . . . .
Just another guess by another suposed expert. We should all know by now that the FO does not tell ANYONE who they are picking in the draft other than a very small tight circle. And doubt anyone of them are dumb enough to let it slip out to the press. So all the experts and local press can just keep on guessing.

NRA
04-05-2010, 06:32 PM
if dan williams is the pic, good by trifecta.

it will be the beginning of the end for them.

hemidemon
04-05-2010, 06:43 PM
if we pick dan over dez i quit as a fan.
Enjoy rooting for Buffalo.

NRA
04-05-2010, 06:46 PM
Dez is the sexy pick but Williams would be a solid pick as well

TED: not flaming or calling you out at all, but tell me how in the
hell taking a guy who has NEVER played the position before, a
position MOST guys fail at even WITH some experiance is ANY
kind of a "solid" pic at #12 over all?

how?

this team and this regime can not afford to take a "hope he can" player
with there #1 pic.

you select a guy who has many years experiance at his position and excelled
at it that hi in the draft.

we need much, much more than just a nose tackle in the draft. safety, wr,
olb, and there will be several picks from those positions at #12 who are much
more worthy.

hell, williams isnt even considered the best DT in the draft and he is going
to be the instant, dominant guy to come in and man the nt spot? a position
most nfl linemen cant do? [and dont want to]

he isnt the best dt in the draft. never played nose. isnt strong [for his position]
and his game is based on quick first step, not leverage.

how again is he ANY kind of consideration for the #12 over all?

PLEASE, explain. and again, not calling you out or trying to flame. i just dont
get all this dan williams talk at #12 overall when is is a HUGE risk to play the
position and there are so many other players who ARE good at theres and dominated
that will be available?

its just plain and simply bad drafting. this is something wanny would do.

ROADRUNNER
04-05-2010, 06:51 PM
Im not an ofence type of guy so i dont see us geting a #1 WR this year,
mybe in 2011 when there is about 5-8 #1 in the draft that can be a #1 for any team.
so im looking for FS/OLB/NT
and if you must have ofence i would take a TE in the 4th.

1st FS
2nd OLB
3rd NT
4th TE [if you must]

DefensiveEnd76
04-05-2010, 06:53 PM
Watch Dan Williams against top competition and it speaks volumes. He gets shoved around all over and constantly knocked off the ball. He looked terrible in the Alabama game especially. No way in hell I want him as the #12 pick!!!!

MadDog 88
04-05-2010, 07:02 PM
TED: not flaming or calling you out at all, but tell me how in the
hell taking a guy who has NEVER played the position before, a
position MOST guys fail at even WITH some experiance is ANY
kind of a "solid" pic at #12 over all?

how?

this team and this regime can not afford to take a "hope he can" player
with there #1 pic.

you select a guy who has many years experiance at his position and excelled
at it that hi in the draft.

we need much, much more than just a nose tackle in the draft. safety, wr,
olb, and there will be several picks from those positions at #12 who are much
more worthy.

hell, williams isnt even considered the best DT in the draft and he is going
to be the instant, dominant guy to come in and man the nt spot? a position
most nfl linemen cant do? [and dont want to]

he isnt the best dt in the draft. never played nose. isnt strong [for his position]
and his game is based on quick first step, not leverage.

how again is he ANY kind of consideration for the #12 over all?

PLEASE, explain. and again, not calling you out or trying to flame. i just dont
get all this dan williams talk at #12 overall when is is a HUGE risk to play the
position and there are so many other players who ARE good at theres and dominated
that will be available?

its just plain and simply bad drafting. this is something wanny would do.
No worries my friend. This is a forum for debate.

No Williams is not the best DT in the draft, that is between Suh and McCoy. Williams is 6-2 325, has good bulk in occupying space. He can take on multiple blockers, is very strong and is excellent against the run. He has decent range and an ability to pursuit. He also has excellent work ethic. Aside from his physical and playing attributes, though not the most critical need it is a need in the near future. I wouldn't be disappointed if the FO took him and most of this off season I have been leaning towards an OLB or FS. Lately I have opened up to the possibility of drafting Dez and would be very happy if we got him. I just don't think we will.

ckparrothead
04-05-2010, 07:08 PM
Given the presence of Paul Soliai, Dan Williams is only just above Sergio Kindle on the list of commonly mocked picks that would not make sense to me.

I'm with SizzlingFins04. Taking Dan Williams over Dez Bryant would be borderline criminal.