PDA

View Full Version : Drafted Player Most Likely To Start

dougfinsfan72
04-05-2010, 11:18 AM
Looking at our needs, our depth chart, and the players available in the draft which player or players do you think have the best chance to start for the Dolphins.

THATS THE PLAYER OR PLAYERS I THINK WE SHOULD DRAFT!!

I'm tired of seeing our draftees sitting on the bench struggling just to get playing time. We need players who can come in and start right away.

With that said, what player or players do you think can come in and start for the Dolphins at a position of need in the first 3 rounds or even start ahead of someone on the team at a position that is not of great need but would improve the position?

1ST ROUND
WR Dez Bryant, Golden Tate, Demaryus Thomas
S Eric Berry, Earl Thomas
3-4 OLB Sergio Kindle, Brandon Graham, Everson Griffin,
TE Jermaine Gresham, Anthony McCoy
NT Dan Williams, Terrance Cody
RB Jahvid Best
ILB Sean Wetherspoon, Rolando McClain
CB Joe Haden, Kyle Wilson (starting CB or starting nickel back)
DE Jason Pierre-Paul, Derrick Morgan, Everson Griffen, Brandon Graham

If you want you can expand to the 2nd and 3rd round

MadDog 88
04-05-2010, 12:57 PM
I'm tired of seeing our draftees sitting on the bench struggling just to get playing time. We need players who can come in and start right away.
:confused:

outlawd2u
04-05-2010, 06:01 PM
Any of the WR's would have a chance to start but if I'm being realistic I think only Dez really would start week 1. Almost any S or OLB they pick in the first 3 rounds will probably start considering what we currently have at the position right now. I think there are a few TE's who could start over Fasano.... Gresham, Dickson, Pitta, probably a couple others. NT Williams, Cody or Cam Thomas could all start over Solai but as crazy as it may sound I actually think Dan Williams would be the one to struggle the most at first and keep Solai as a starter for a while. Sorry but no rookie RB is coming in and starting right away over Ronnie and/or Ricky if they are still on the team and healthy and yes that even includes CJ Spiller. McClain and maybe Weatherspoon would start over Crowder, I don't think any rookie CB would be starting over Smith and Allen or Davis and a rookie would even have a very hard time earning the nickle role. None of the guys you listed are 3-4 DE's in the NFL.

So anyway is summary the guys I think that could be drafted and would start right away for Miami are.....

WR: Dez Bryant
TE: Gresham, Pitta, Dickson
OLB's: Graham, Weatherspoon, Griffen, Kindle, Morgan, maybe even Worilds
MLB's: Mcclain, Weatherspoon
S's: Berry, Thomas, Nate Allen, Mays
NT: Mt. Cody, Cam Thomas

I know there are a lot of other guys that could come in and do it but those are just the ones that pop into my head at the moment.

ckparrothead
04-05-2010, 06:28 PM
1st Round
Brandon Graham - SOLB
Derrick Morgan - SOLB
Dez Bryant - WR
C.J. Spiller - RB (because Ronnie would be traded)
Mike Iupati - LG
Rolando McClain - SILB
Dan Williams - NT (in order to justify the pick, they'd bench Soliai)
Earl Thomas - FS
Ryan Matthews - RB (because Ronnie would be traded)

2nd Round
Rodger Saffold - LG
Morgan Burnett - FS
Thaddeus Gibson - SOLB
Koa Misi - SOLB
Jason Worilds - SOLB
Vladimir Ducasse - LG

3rd Round
Major Wright - FS
John Jerry - LG
Brandon Spikes - LB (non-specific, he'd get as many snaps as many 'starters')

NRA
04-05-2010, 06:30 PM
why would dan williams, a guy who has NEVER played nose tackle
and isnt real strong be a shoe in to come right in and start?

how did a LIFE LONG dt in a 4-3 all of a suddden become the BEST
nt in the draft?

and a SURE STARTER at the position?

most dt's in the nfl say they would NEVER want to be a nt. they are
a special breed with a unique talent. most experiments with dt's
to nt's never pan out. its rare when it does happen.

there are two special, must have skills to be a REAL nt and that is
BRUTE STRENGTH and EXELLENT LEVERAGE.

those just happen to be dan williams weeknesses.

its just funny every year how certain players get hyped up to something
they are CLEARLY not.

another case in point. look at paul solei. he was a DT and pretty damned good one!

he IS brute strong and has decent leverage. they put him there over the other dt's we
have because he is so strong.

anyone want him replaced? sure seems like they do.

if your a team that plays the 3-4, someone has to play the nt position. but
even so, there are FEW dominant players at the position.

MOST 3-4 teams are looking for that dominant nt, even though they have
a guy [who may or may not have been a former dt] playing the position.

dan williams, drafted by us early in the 1st or second round AS A NOSE TACKLE
is the worst mistake this team can make and will be the trifectas death rattle
if they do it.

ckparrothead
04-05-2010, 07:12 PM
why would dan williams, a guy who has NEVER played nose tackle
and isnt real strong be a shoe in to come right in and start?

Because otherwise he wouldn't play at all, and a #12 overall who doesn't play at all as a rookie is basically deemed a bust.

Dan Williams can play it, I have no issue with him playing it, the problem is right now especially Paul Soliai is better.

hooshoops
04-05-2010, 08:07 PM
thad gibson a solb??? hmmm he's 240 lbs...i was thinking wolb

i think misi may have kick inside potential

ckparrothead
04-05-2010, 10:32 PM
I would definitely think about kicking Misi inside but he's not going to start that way.

Yeah I do think Gibson could potentially start. Not about the size, about the violence and strength, ability to cover. Gibson's probably going to be the best cover guy of the conversion types, and I think he can stop the run because he is pretty violent. These guys do get an off season to gain some weight.

SR 7
04-05-2010, 11:12 PM
Major W. a FS?I see more of a SS in him.

PhinsTD
04-06-2010, 08:02 AM
Major W. a FS?I see more of a SS in him.

Alot of the position titles with our safeties is semantics. This regime likes a S who can come up and fill a running lane. Major Wright can do that. He also has the speed to cover the deep third of the field, but coverage is certainly not his strength.

Both Wilson and Bell took turns playing "in the box" and off the LOS in coverage last year, and I think Wright could give us better play than Wilson did, even as a rookie.

#1dolphinsfan
04-06-2010, 08:40 AM
If we cant get Dez Bryant at 12 i would love to see Sean Weatherspoon as our pick i think he is going to be a hell of a good player

#1dolphinsfan
04-06-2010, 08:42 AM
Alot of the position titles with our safeties is semantics. This regime likes a S who can come up and fill a running lane. Major Wright can do that. He also has the speed to cover the deep third of the field, but coverage is certainly not his strength.

Both Wilson and Bell took turns playing "in the box" and off the LOS in coverage last year, and I think Wright could give us better play than Wilson did, even as a rookie.
I think Reshad Jones would be perfect fit for us

ckparrothead
04-06-2010, 05:35 PM
I watch Major White and I see a free safety. And so does NFL Draft Scout.

This is another one of those things where because a guy tackles well they assume he's not good at coverage. I like how he comes up in coverage support. He does what he's supposed to, tracks the ball in the air and if he can't get to it lays his shoulder into the receiver to make sure he can't come down with the ball. He bailed Joe Haden out on a fair amount of throws.

Major White can run. I don't see issues with him in coverage. He's the most complete safety not named Eric Berry.