PDA

View Full Version : McNabb trade increases the chances Berry drops to #12

normaniii
04-05-2010, 05:40 PM
I still think Browns take Berry at #7 and Bills now take Clausen at #9, but if Holmgren has been playing his poker face and actually drafts Clausen, Oakland will take one of Campbell/JPP, Bills will most likely take tackle, there is a real chance Jags take Spiller.

I still think Jags will and should take Berry but IMO this definately increases our chances:up:

1 - Berry
2 - D.Thomas/A.Benn
3 - J.Worilds/A.Lane
4 - A.Hernandez/E.Dickson/Moeaki
4 - A.Jones/J.Owens (Smiley trade)
:up::rimshot:

NYinBostonFin
04-05-2010, 06:16 PM
I like the thought, but I don't think there is any way Berry slides to #12.

JFoxx
04-05-2010, 06:23 PM
:hi5:
Like the optimism! Instead of slim and none, we're at least at slim now.

hooshoops
04-05-2010, 06:41 PM
i don't see how the mcnabb trade helps us at all with berry...i don't think he gets by cleveland anyways...

normaniii
04-05-2010, 06:48 PM
:hi5:
Like the optimism! Instead of slim and none, we're at least at slim now.

i agree:up:

normaniii
04-05-2010, 06:51 PM
i don't see how the mcnabb trade helps us at all with berry...i don't think he gets by cleveland anyways...

I said increases our chances, not saying its a good chance.

Holmgren IMO has overstated the fact he is not looking for QB in 1st round. Many mocks have him taking Clausen. With the Redskins now not taking him, if in fact the Browns do, only other viable option IMO is the Jags. I think they will take Spiller, so IMO, if the Browns take Clausen then I feel it is a good chance not..................... as I agree slim:lol:

MadDog 88
04-05-2010, 07:07 PM
Berry may not make it to Cleveland. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Lions take him at 2. Most experts project Suh or McCoy there but the Lions secondary is an absolute mess. Berry lining up next to Delmas would be a pretty dam formidable tandem for the future.

If not Detroit, don't count out KC taking him.

ckparrothead
04-05-2010, 07:09 PM
I don't even see how it increases our chances.

normaniii
04-05-2010, 07:27 PM
I think there is more chance he drops to us than Detriot or Lions taking him.

The reason IMO it increases our chances:-

before McNabb trade, Many had Redskins taking Clausen with the Browns taking Berry.

With McNabb now in Washington, Clausen drops with the real chance the Browns take him at #7. Im not saying its a good chance, but any guy who has done mathematics will tell you the probability has increased.

MadDog 88
04-05-2010, 08:11 PM
I think there is more chance he drops to us than Detriot or Lions taking him.

The reason IMO it increases our chances:-

before McNabb trade, Many had Redskins taking Clausen with the Browns taking Berry.

With McNabb now in Washington, Clausen drops with the real chance the Browns take him at #7. Im not saying its a good chance, but any guy who has done mathematics will tell you the probability has increased.
Picking up Delhomme gives the Browns a much better option at QB then they have had in many years. Plus the addition of Wallace whom Holmgren selected has got to leave him more comfortable at QB then on the defensive side of the ball. I would be quite surprised if the Browns didn't draft either Haden or Berry,

normaniii
04-05-2010, 08:56 PM
Picking up Delhomme gives the Browns a much better option at QB then they have had in many years. Plus the addition of Wallace whom Holmgren selected has got to leave him more comfortable at QB then on the defensive side of the ball. I would be quite surprised if the Browns didn't draft either Haden or Berry,

Holmgren has states he wants a young QB to groom. IMO.....as I have already said I still believe the Browns will take Berry, but, the McNabb trade opens the door just a little, due to the fact there is a chance the Browns pull the plug on J.Clausen.

Lets be honest. If Holmgren feels Clausen is the future (Wallace/Delhomme are not), no matter what other needs the Browns have, you draft the QB.

normaniii
04-05-2010, 08:58 PM
I also got to say, having Delhomme over B.Quinn. IMO, is not a 'much better option'.

NYinBostonFin
04-05-2010, 09:01 PM

Delhomme is not a much better option than ANY other QB. Also Anderson made the pro-bowl with the browns...how many years are you counting?