PDA

View Full Version : dez makes favorable character impression on regime

hooshoops
04-05-2010, 08:53 PM
http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_football_dolphins/2010/04/miami-dolphins-draft-nuggets-no-3.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+sports%2FMiamiDolphinsweblog+%28Miami+Dolphins+%7C+Sun-Sentinel+Blogs%29

supposedly it will come down to the on field tape and whether or not dez can make site adjustments on routes...

i swear if we pass on bryant cause dan henning doesn't think he can make route adjustments from the get go i'm gonna lose it...

cause the tape is plenty good enough to justify the pick

DefensiveEnd76
04-05-2010, 09:07 PM
Our team is NOT going anywhere until we can find some playmakers on offense who can stretch the damn field and threaten defenses. We have absolutely nobody on offense who scares anyone ....NOBODY!!!! Therefore someone like Dez Bryant (a big playmaker) is a no brainer

Elliott 1
04-05-2010, 09:08 PM
Omar is on hallucigens. He is seeing flying pigs.

ckparrothead
04-05-2010, 10:35 PM
If Omar was reliably told (and that's an extremely big "if") that it will come down to the tape and seeing how much intelligence Dez plays with on the tape...then he's a Miami Dolphin if he makes it to #12 (which is a big "if" in its own right).

MadDog 88
04-05-2010, 10:37 PM
If true, that is certainly good news but does not solidify Dez as the 12 pick. It does indicate the Dolphins view him favorably and certainly will consider drafting him, which would be excellent OR they are looking to trade down by generating a buzz.

#1dolphinsfan
04-05-2010, 10:39 PM
Good im glad i hope that they love the film on him and he ends up in miami

hooshoops
04-05-2010, 10:40 PM
i agree that if that's what it does in fact come down to dez bryant will be a miami dolphin if he makes it to #12...

i'm fine with graham now also as the fallback...saw what i needed to see pretty much on his workout drills to say he has the feet etc to play standup 3-4 olb...

the top 10 teams recognize dez premium talent...their all outside the top 5 it seems jumping in line to visit with him...

jlfin
04-05-2010, 10:45 PM
Our team is NOT going anywhere until we can find some playmakers on offense who can stretch the damn field and threaten defenses. We have absolutely nobody on offense who scares anyone ....NOBODY!!!! Therefore someone like Dez Bryant (a big playmaker) is a no brainer

Wrong. Our team is NOT going anywhere until they can stop giving up big plays to the opponent's offense.
With a decent defense, this team beats the Saints and Colts last season and most likely the Texans and Titans too.

NYinBostonFin
04-05-2010, 10:54 PM
Wrong. Our team is NOT going anywhere until they can stop giving up big plays to the opponent's offense.
With a decent defense, this team beats the Saints and Colts last season and most likely the Texans and Titans too.

With a WR that could catch, we win those Saints and Colts games too....maybe Texans and Titans and others.

We also give our young QB a hopeful legit #1 WR.

I know our Defense needs help, but if Dez is there, and Berry is off the board, I want Dez. Address Defense with rest of draft.

#1dolphinsfan
04-05-2010, 11:24 PM
With a WR that could catch, we win those Saints and Colts games too....maybe Texans and Titans and others.

I know our Defense needs help, but if Dez is there, and Berry is off the board, I want Dez. Address Defense with rest of draft.
I competely agree this draft is loaded one defense and we could get good players after round one but this draft isnt that deep at WR

Chubby
04-05-2010, 11:25 PM
I competely agree this draft is loaded one defense and we could get good players after round one but this draft isnt that deep at WR I think this conversation is moot because he wont make it to 12 imo.

The bigger question comes down to Graham, Thomas, Williams or one of the other SOLB prospects at 12 barring no trade.
Chubbs

#1dolphinsfan
04-05-2010, 11:27 PM
I think this conversation is moot because he wont make it to 12 imo.

The bigger question comes down to Graham, Thomas, Williams or one of the other SOLB prospects at 12 barring no trade.
Chubbs
He might not but he also might and if he does then i hope we dont pass on him for Graham, Thomas, or Williams

NYinBostonFin
04-05-2010, 11:29 PM

Chubbs

Dez is one guy I see all over the place on mock drafts....some have him less than 10, others in the 20's. Honestly, Denver is the only real threat of taking him before us IMO.

NYinBostonFin
04-05-2010, 11:30 PM
I competely agree this draft is loaded one defense and we could get good players after round one but this draft isnt that deep at WR

Exactly, this draft is loaded with talent for some of our Defensive holes. Meanwhile, if we don't draft Dez, we will be praying for Benn to be there in round #2.

Chubby
04-05-2010, 11:33 PM
Dez is one guy I see all over the place on mock drafts....some have him less than 10, others in the 20's. Honestly, Denver is the only real threat of taking him before us IMO.
Agreed, IMo though he doesnt make it to us :)

j-off-her-doll
04-05-2010, 11:46 PM
Hope this is true. As much as I love E. T., I'm starting to really fall in love with the idea of drafting Dez. Nolan's presence alone has instantly upgraded our D, and we'll have the rest of the draft to solidify FS and OLB.

I think we'll have a shot at Dez or Berry, and they're the two players that would top my Miami draft board.

Phinatic8u
04-05-2010, 11:48 PM
Besides Berry he is the only one i TRULY want. If Berry is there you have to take Berry, but no Berry may = Bryant or vice versa.

j-off-her-doll
04-05-2010, 11:53 PM
I can see the justification for taking Bryant over Berry. I wouldn't do it, but I don't think it's a no-brainer.

jlfin
04-05-2010, 11:59 PM

We scored over 27 points in those 2 games. Are you being serious? I agree that WR is a need, but I disagree with your premise that this team can't advance without an elite WR.
What kept the team out of the playoffs last season was the defense. There is no disputing that. The team needs playmakers on the defensive side of the ball. I would take Berry or Thomas over Bryant at this point.
I think WR can be addressed in the 2nd or 3 rd rds.

#1dolphinsfan
04-06-2010, 12:02 AM
I can see the justification for taking Bryant over Berry. I wouldn't do it, but I don't think it's a no-brainer.
I would take Bryant over Berry i think if we got bryant that would pretty much fix our offense all we would need is a pass catching TE and depth at the oline

#1dolphinsfan
04-06-2010, 12:03 AM
We scored over 27 points in those 2 games. Are you being serious? I agree that WR is a need, but I disagree with your premise that this team can't advance without an elite WR.
What kept the team out of the playoffs last season was the defense. There is no disputing that. The team needs playmakers on the defensive side of the ball. I would take Berry or Thomas over Bryant at this point.
if you remember Ted Ginn droped the Game winning TD against the colts

Mr. Magoo
04-06-2010, 12:06 AM

We need playmakers all over, though I agree with your overall point about needing defense over offense.

Problem is that this is a strong defensive draft and a weak offensive one (aside from tight end).

The drop off from Bryant to the other WRs is much larger than the drop from top to bottom at multiple other defensive positions (aside from FS, where it's Berry and Thomas and then, uh... cross your fingers).

footsteps falco
04-06-2010, 12:11 AM
i understand the fact that we need defense, and that offense wasn't the problem last year. but when u have a young offensive line, a group of young #2's slot receivers. veteran runningbacks. and finally get the upcoming franchise QB's whos specialty is the a DEEEEEEEP ball. and rocket throws, how can you not want to finish the offense? we finally got it together and were gonna leave it floating in the realm of mediocrity? were 1 piece away from being a great offense, and this is a draft deep in defense.

i agree with everyone that we need defense like a mofo. but with the left tackle and QB set for years. how do u not get the #1 WR??. you have to. id rather have an amazing offense with strong protection for my QB, as well as the ability to set up the big runs, via great run blockers and a sick FB> 2 solid veteran split backs, whos specialties are utilized via interesting play calling and wildcat schemes, solid #2 and #3 WR's with depth. and finally a WR whos tall catches over the middle and commands double coverage.

the defense will come. finish the offense

footsteps falco
04-06-2010, 12:13 AM
We need playmakers all over, though I agree with your overall point about needing defense over offense.

Problem is that this is a strong defensive draft and a weak offensive one (aside from tight end).

The drop off from Bryant to the other WRs is much larger than the drop from top to bottom at multiple other defensive positions (aside from FS, where it's Berry and Thomas and then, uh... cross your fingers).

nate allen.

hooshoops
04-06-2010, 12:13 AM
for me it comes down to dez bryant and eric berry are both top 5 prospects on my board...but berry unlike bryant doesn't seem to have any potential character or off field concerns to even worry about...

thus i'd go with berry over bryant...same elite talent...less risk

j-off-her-doll
04-06-2010, 12:32 AM
for me it comes down to dez bryant and eric berry are both top 5 prospects on my board...but berry unlike bryant doesn't seem to have any potential character or off field concerns to even worry about...

thus i'd go with berry over bryant...same elite talent...less risk

Also, I'd make the case that FS is quickly being recognized as one of the most important positions - offense or defense.

Mr. Magoo
04-06-2010, 12:36 AM
nate allen.

Not at all sold on Allen. He was a very inconsistent player until last year.

j-off-her-doll
04-06-2010, 12:48 AM
I like M. Burnett after Berry and Thomas. And, I'm warming up to the idea of Dez in the 1st and Burnett in the 2nd.

Aqua and Orange
04-06-2010, 03:37 AM

Chubbs

I agree. Dez goes before 12 and we won't even get a shot. -Much like all the debate over Percy Harvin last year.

Playmaker76
04-06-2010, 03:47 AM
The more I see the fins show interest in Dez the more I think they won't draft him. Then again, to be a good poker player you can't follow the same routine. Hmmmmm...

finfan54
04-06-2010, 05:25 AM
and another five articles will come out til draft day and everyone will still not have a clue who we are picking.

Its allright to dream.