PDA

View Full Version : Can Berry possibly drop to 12?

FinAtic8480
04-05-2010, 09:38 PM
Hearing from sources in Cleveland that Browns thinking Jared Odrick at 7..ideal five...Just as good as Tyson JAckson who went 3 last yr IMO

https://twitter.com/WesBunting

ROADRUNNER
04-05-2010, 09:54 PM
all well and good if he falls down to #12, i will be there to kick him all the way to #32................Earl Thomas all the way

Mr_Freezetag
04-05-2010, 10:00 PM
all well and good if he falls down to #12, i will be there to kick him all the way to #32................Earl Thomas all the way

wow

Chubby
04-05-2010, 10:00 PM
There are more then enough interesting mocks that have him falling to around 12, i think its possible but unlikely. The guy really is one of the top guys in this draft with no baggage its a no brainer for one of the top 10 guys with a need at FS.
Chubbs

gdiaz0358
04-05-2010, 10:12 PM
Id be the HAPPIEST PHIN FAN IN THE WORLD!!! that kid will be all pro.

Markcalius
04-06-2010, 12:32 AM
Anybody else worried about the prospect of the Jets trading ahead of us to get Berry? Seems like they have that kind of connection with the Browns, and the Jaguars also seem to be looking for trade partners.

Not sure if they would do it again, but it seemed last year like the Jets were willing to make sacrifices to get the guys they want at positions of need, and they definitely need a FS.

j-off-her-doll
04-06-2010, 12:34 AM
Like Odrick a lot more than I do/did Jackson.

Would love me some Berry.

Tunaphish429
04-06-2010, 12:43 AM
Clausen could go to the Browns as well..

I think Berry could be there...

Browns could maybe take Dan Williams as well with everything that is going on with Rogers

SRM
04-06-2010, 12:45 AM
Anybody else worried about the prospect of the Jets trading ahead of us to get Berry? Seems like they have that kind of connection with the Browns, and the Jaguars also seem to be looking for trade partners.

Not sure if they would do it again, but it seemed last year like the Jets were willing to make sacrifices to get the guys they want at positions of need, and they definitely need a FS.

I would seriously cry if that happened.

But then again, their D was elite last year, even with Kerry Rhodes sucking it up. Hopefully, they'll aim for offense. Their D is great enough to not need someone in the top 10.

Quick, someone talk up JPP to Fat Rexy.

Locke
04-06-2010, 01:11 AM
I just don't see it happening. If he makes it to 9-10, someone will trade up for him. I'd bet money on that. Its well-known one of our biggest holes is safety, there's no mystery there. I just don't see it happening sadly...

Mr. Magoo
04-06-2010, 01:11 AM
If Kansas City passes, you can bet Seattle will be fielding some major league calls @ 6 because the most likely scenario right now has Berry going to the Browns @ 7 (thank you, Joe Haden and your slow 40 time).

With all the talk about Smiley going to Seattle it's got to make you wonder if he and our first would be enough to make the move. And if not, what else would it take? I think there's a good chance Carroll is targeting those two big prospects in the first that got away from him at USC -- Spiller and Clausen -- and is willing to move down to get them.

Never underestimate Pete Carroll's capacity to be a *******, after all. I personally think Seattle needs offensive line help more than skill position help but Carroll never placed a huge emphasis on recruiting the top OL people at USC, preferring to go with splashy, big name skill position players, so it stands to reason he might do the same thing in the draft.

#1dolphinsfan
04-06-2010, 01:43 AM
I dont like Odrick at 7 that is a huge reach IMO

FinsGuy939
04-06-2010, 01:44 AM
true, but so was jackson at 3

Markcalius
04-06-2010, 02:05 AM
I would seriously cry if that happened.

Me too.

I grew worried about this possibility right after the Jets traded Rhodes. Seems strange that they would be so confident about leaving a hole at FS, knowing that they draft too late in the first to get either Berry or Thomas. Possible that they are comfortable with one of the other guys (Nate Allen, Morgan Burnett, etc.), but would they reach for one of those guys late in the first? Would they wait until late in the second for their starter to drop? Do they like their in-house FS backup enough to start him next season? Strange situation for a team in win-now mode. Smells funny to me.

Would be funny if they already have a secret agreement with the Browns to swap for the 7th overall, only to find out that we have an agreement with the Seahawks for the 6th.

miami71
04-06-2010, 02:27 AM
Yeah! I can see Berry falling to eleven and the jets trading up with Denver to get him. While our FO just sits twiddling their thumbs and lose out. Go get the guy if you want him!

dr.jake
04-06-2010, 02:46 AM
very possible he drops to 11 and is selected by DENVER. the draft gods have an unusually cruel sense of humor with us fin fans.

Kdawg954
04-06-2010, 02:47 AM
I am positive he won't make it to 12 . . . now maybe if trades did not exist it could happen . . . but if he slid down past Cleveland, I could easily see somebody trading up to get him. I say just give Seattle Smiley and ensure you get him at 6.

Anyway you slice it . . . hearing the words "Eric Berry is a Miami Dolphin" will be the best first round result of THIS draft. I guess I could live with a Dallas/Miami trade that nets Miami a first rounder this year and next year . . . but no guarantees we get a player like Berry in either draft, and both picks would be late 20's more than likely.

Phin-Phan 66
04-06-2010, 02:58 AM
It's doubtful he'll be there at 12, but stranger things have happened.

Mr_Freezetag
04-06-2010, 03:03 AM
I think as of right now Berry would be my #1 option out of any player in the draft. Then snag a stud LB in round 2 and I would be satisfied.

Aqua and Orange
04-06-2010, 03:16 AM
Odrick that high? Wow. I have a feeling that as usual the mocks will all be wrong after the first 3 picks.

Kdawg954
04-06-2010, 03:17 AM
Best Fins draft?

1. Berry - FS
2. Benn - WR
3. Worilds - SOLB
4. Graham - TE (now I'm just dreaming)

SRM
04-06-2010, 03:17 AM
What do you guys think it would take to move up to 6 and snag Berry?

tcolli17
04-06-2010, 03:31 AM
Smiley and our first. And maybe one of our 6th.

miami71
04-06-2010, 03:33 AM
It doesn't matter if you think he is a HOF player.(most people do) I would take one HOF'er over 3or 4 good players any day. I know the team has a lot of holes, but there is no way you will fill all those holes with quality players. Not in one draft! Take the sure thing and move on!

Mr_Freezetag
04-06-2010, 03:37 AM

I think if that is the case (I know it is not) this FO would have to take a serious look at that.

SRM
04-06-2010, 03:38 AM

Hmm, that seems a little too easy though. But hey, if something like that worked out, I wouldn't be complaining :up:

Playmaker76
04-06-2010, 03:43 AM
If this guy makes it to twelve it will be one of the happiest draft days ever.

miami71
04-06-2010, 03:48 AM
If this guy makes it to twelve it will be one of the happiest draft days ever.
Until our FO passes on him!

Clipse
04-06-2010, 04:38 AM
No, Berry can't possibly fall to #12, and he won't.

Clipse
04-06-2010, 04:40 AM
Get real please. More like our 1st and 2nd, or 1st, 3rd, 4th.

Markcalius
04-06-2010, 04:54 AM
very possible he drops to 11 and is selected by DENVER. the draft gods have an unusually cruel sense of humor with us fin fans.

Possibly, though Denver took Darcel McBath in the 2nd round last year.

FINS4LIFE16
04-06-2010, 04:56 AM
Me too.

I grew worried about this possibility right after the Jets traded Rhodes. Seems strange that they would be so confident about leaving a hole at FS, knowing that they draft too late in the first to get either Berry or Thomas. Possible that they are comfortable with one of the other guys (Nate Allen, Morgan Burnett, etc.), but would they reach for one of those guys late in the first? Would they wait until late in the second for their starter to drop? Do they like their in-house FS backup enough to start him next season? Strange situation for a team in win-now mode. Smells funny to me.

Would be funny if they already have a secret agreement with the Browns to swap for the 7th overall, only to find out that we have an agreement with the Seahawks for the 6th.

The jets signed Brodney Poole after they cut Rhodes. He is a good FS but he has some serious concussion problems.

hooshoops
04-06-2010, 04:57 AM
if berry falls to 6 or 7 seattle and cleveland both are gonna have their phones burning up with teams looking to come up and get him...

i think cleveland would jump on him regardless of what people offered...seattle it's gonna take more than justin smiley and #12 to get them to swap picks if that kids on the board...someone will trump that offer in a second imo...

3rdandinches
04-06-2010, 04:59 AM
He'd never get by Jacksonville at 10! We'd have to trade up to Oaklands or if there's any chance Buffalo with C.Gailey would be interested in T.Thigpen we could work a deal there.

Markcalius
04-06-2010, 05:19 AM
The jets signed Brodney Poole after they cut Rhodes. He is a good FS but he has some serious concussion problems.

Thanks. Knew that, but forgot as I was writing. ...I don't think Poole is who the Jets envision as their FS of the future. More like a fallback, in case they don't get who they want, or if a starter if their pick isn't ready by Week 1. Same thing I think the Dolphins were hoping to do with Clark.

Could be wrong though.

FinAtic8480
04-06-2010, 06:17 AM
SI.com's Peter King predicts that the Chiefs and Seahawks will pass on Tennessee S Eric Berry with the Nos. 5 and 6 overall picks.
While Berry would fill a sizable need in either locale, both teams have so many needs that using a top-six selection on a safety might be too much of a luxury. Like us, King, seems to believe that Berry is headed to Cleveland.

www.rotoworld.com

Now if only Cleveland can pass on him.

FinSolari
04-06-2010, 07:25 AM
To get Berry, we have to make a deal with Seattle if KC passes. I would give Seattle our 12th, smiley, and 3rd in a heartbeat.

XxfeensterxX
04-06-2010, 08:54 AM
Our 1st, Smiley and a 3rd to move up into Seattles spot if Berry is on the board still. Seattle is rebuilding still, they could use a guard like Smiley and would love a 3rd round pick in this draft.

Mr_Freezetag
04-06-2010, 08:57 AM
Our 1st, Smiley and a 3rd to move up into Seattles spot if Berry is on the board still. Seattle is rebuilding still, they could use a guard like Smiley and would love a 3rd round pick in this draft.

That would make the draft for me! But knowing how the FO values picks I have a hard time seeing them pull the trigger.

I'm gonna be crossing my fingers on this one!

JCane
04-06-2010, 08:58 AM

I now know why this image appears in your sig.

:wacky:

Possum
04-06-2010, 08:59 AM
:sidelol:

TheBow305
04-06-2010, 09:03 AM
Wow, if we somehow got Eric Berry at 12, it may be one of the happiest football moments in my life.

tay0365
04-06-2010, 09:51 AM

I am also a big Earl Thomas supporter, but if Berry is there, Thomas will be going somewhere else then Miami.

Berry may not be as big a playmaker as Thomas in coverage, but he is a more complete safety, and the trifecta like thier FS to be able to hit and tackle as well as be good in coverage.

JCane
04-06-2010, 10:11 AM
I am also a big Earl Thomas supporter, but if Berry is there, Thomas will be going somewhere else then Miami.

Berry may not be as big a playmaker as Thomas in coverage, but he is a more complete safety, and the trifecta like thier FS to be able to hit and tackle as well as be good in coverage.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/09/ComingToAmericaLaugh-1.gif

Possum
04-06-2010, 10:20 AM
dont know whether to laugh or cry at the way this is going.

JCane
04-06-2010, 10:21 AM
dont know whether to laugh or cry at the way this is going.

This.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/09/ComingToAmericaLaugh-1.gif

MP-Omnis
04-06-2010, 10:22 AM
If we're not going to get Berry, I just hope Earl Thomas (yeah right) or Nate Allen is on the board when we pick at #2.

MP-Omnis
04-06-2010, 10:25 AM

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/11/brown_block_LOLGIF-1.gif

JCane
04-06-2010, 10:27 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Possum
04-06-2010, 10:29 AM
second that.

ROADRUNNER
04-06-2010, 04:00 PM
I now know why this image appears in your sig.

:wacky:

thats me if we dont pick him..............

ROADRUNNER
04-06-2010, 04:02 PM
:sidelol:
thats me when we do pick him............

Marley7
04-06-2010, 05:12 PM
So we all agree that we need Berry and for that to happen we have to trade up. We could trade our 1st rounder, 3rd rounder, and Smiley to the Seahawks! Realistically how could we get this message to Parcells??? Has Parcells ever traded up like this before?