PDA

View Full Version : Moves before the draft begins..based off rumors

malzacher
04-05-2010, 11:36 PM
Let me know what you all thing about my idea. Based on all the little tidbits that Finatic reports, I came up with this. If Dallas and San Diego would do this.
Trade Brown to San Diego for Merriman,
Trade out of 12 with Dallas for Barber and their pick.
Draft D. Bay Bay Thomas with our pick from Dallas
2nd round Take a NT or LB
3rd round we take Jimmy Graham
This gets us a much needed proven Linebacker, A bruising Rb in Barber(Sign Hilliard back) and we hit BIG on Thomas.

JCfinfan
04-05-2010, 11:46 PM
There are alot of rumors and will be many more in the couple weeks leading up to the draft. I will say if we even think about trading for the 27th pick and Barber in exchange for our 12th overall, I will drive to Miami and kick the **** out of the trifecta. That is just foolish thinking.

akfinfan
04-05-2010, 11:49 PM
Barber sucks and since Merriman was caught doing steroids he has sucked too. Keep Brown while we have him and get a damn receiver that can CONSISTENTLY make plays....in whatever round that is.....

#1dolphinsfan
04-06-2010, 12:08 AM
i dont like that dallas trade at all

matt11390
04-06-2010, 12:14 AM
Those two trade ideas stink. Brown for Merriman would be stupid. The idea of that trade with Dallas makes no sense. Barber is not as good as Brown IMO. We would have to get more than just Barber and their pick for our #12!

Vaark
04-06-2010, 12:14 AM
I said before, IMO, at 12 we have a remote chance at Berry, a good chance at Earl Thomas and a reasonable chance at Dez Bryant - 3 game-influencing, if not game-breaking franchise players - all of whom will be long-gone by the 27th pick! So if Dallas's trade with us does not include Myles Austin, we've lost out on a "best of breed" type franchise game-breaker FS or WR and are left with the best-of-the-rest - if even that, by the time we get to pick.

So AFAIC, if the trade doesn't include Austin, we should just keep the 12th and go about our business!

Dolphins101
04-06-2010, 12:31 AM
Guess you play madden too much.

Playmaker76
04-06-2010, 03:49 AM
Brown for Merriman in a heartbeat. Then Spiller in Rd 1

utahphinsfan
04-06-2010, 07:28 AM
Barber sucks and since Merriman was caught doing steroids he has sucked too. Keep Brown while we have him and get a damn receiver that can CONSISTENTLY make plays....in whatever round that is.....

Merriman has issues, but, enough about his shacking up w/ T. Tequila. :chuckle:

gdiaz0358
04-06-2010, 07:58 PM
Let me know what you all thing about my idea. Based on all the little tidbits that Finatic reports, I came up with this. If Dallas and San Diego would do this.
Trade Brown to San Diego for Merriman,
Trade out of 12 with Dallas for Barber and their pick.
Draft D. Bay Bay Thomas with our pick from Dallas
2nd round Take a NT or LB
3rd round we take Jimmy Graham
This gets us a much needed proven Linebacker, A bruising Rb in Barber(Sign Hilliard back) and we hit BIG on Thomas.

I dont agree with this at all...id rather trade Brown for V.Jackson, and if we are going to trade with dallas and move down 15 spots all your asking for is Barber? TERRRRRRRRRRIBLE! Id say the only way we move down 15 spots and only get a player is for D.Ware or M.Austin.

In the draft (if we trade with Dallas) we take BPA at either NT or OLB, or even if we take D.Thomas we have to go OLB in rd 2. Rd 3 CANT be a TE unless its someone like A.Hernandez, or J.Gresham with are both 1st or 2nd rd talent. Graham is raw and has only played 1 season as a TE and has only 17 receptions. He has a lot of potential but i think its risky to take him that high with so many other needs. We must address FS in top 3rds because Clemmons is not proven and unless we sign a FA to play FS we are going to be worst off then when we had Wilson back there. As for replacing Brown this FO knows how to find great RBs in later rds as for NTs as well. Those positions dont concern me as much but the skill positions worry me....just my opinion tho....

ckparrothead
04-06-2010, 08:07 PM
You lost me at trading for Marion Barber. He has no explosion left.

foozool13
04-06-2010, 08:13 PM
Both trades are garbage (exactly what we need...two more injury prone players)...our first round pick on Bey Bey is a bad idea in my opinion (we don't need another WR that cant run routes)...