PDA

View Full Version : Dexter McClauster WR or RB ?

FinAtic8480
04-06-2010, 04:12 AM
Ok, Im real torn on this one. What is this kids position? Every highlight I remember was him as a running back or Wildcat trigger-man. Now I am doing research on him and a lot of people have him as a wide receiver.

At the Senior Bowl he really shined in WR drills, reminded me of Steve Smith. The fins need a WR and could use a RB. All the talk around the Senior Bowl time was how McCluster was loved by the coaches. CK I need your opinion on this one, I cannot figure out what this jack of all trades is.

PhinPhan910
04-06-2010, 04:16 AM
Both.
See Reggie Bush.

And I love this guy too, I'd be happy to take him in 4th maybe 3rd.

Ozfin77
04-06-2010, 04:17 AM
Maybe he's just that....a "jack of all trades"...bit of this, bit of that.

For me, he's too small and his durabilty is a huge issue at the next level.

I'd pass and look elsewhere.

MiamiDolfan85
04-06-2010, 04:26 AM
hes a package player....

you set up special packages,and get him into about 4-6 plays a game....very underrated asset,I'll say that much...could score anytime he touches the ball,could be the difference between a win and a loss,advancing in the playoffs,or going home,winning the SB,and thinking "what if...."

FinAtic8480
04-06-2010, 04:28 AM
He is 5'9 same size as Steve Smith, fact is he reminds me a lot of Smith. I remember during the WR at the senior bowl he made me kept saying, wow.

He had this one catch where it just looked like he slid right under the Cornerback. I love the little guy and hope we draft him. My favorite stat on him at the combine was 37.5 vertical jump better than Arrelious Benn, Taylor Price & David Reed.

hooshoops
04-06-2010, 04:50 AM
he's a poor mans cj spiller...can do just about all the same things...maybe not as explosive though...good luck catching him in the open field...

late 2 early 3 imo...

SR 7
04-06-2010, 05:35 AM
love the kid but I don't see it happening.

FinAtic8480
04-06-2010, 06:21 AM
love the kid but I don't see it happening.

I can see us drafting him to be Ginn's replacement. He can KR/PR play WR and RB.

FinAtic8480
04-06-2010, 06:27 AM
Im on the Dexter McCluster bandwagon with our 3rd if he is there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hb-chWh64Dc

SR 7
04-06-2010, 06:29 AM
I can see us drafting him to be Ginn's replacement. He can KR/PR play WR and RB.

problem is, he will go round 2 late 2 MAYBE early 3rd.
You can get someone in round 6 to do with Ginn does, which is return kicks.

FinAtic8480
04-06-2010, 06:35 AM
problem is, he will go round 2 late 2 MAYBE early 3rd.
You can get someone in round 6 to do with Ginn does, which is return kicks.

I want Dexter cause of the weapon the little guy is, replacing Ginn just adds to it. Fact is all last year every time I would see a highlight of the kid on ESPN I wanted him on the Dolphins. To hear the organization is high on him is awesome, so I hope I really hope we some how get him.

The Fins are not done acquiring draft picks, you guys will know what I mean in my next column. Everyone on the roster is up for sale, so I would not be one bit surprise if the Fins hammer a couple trades before the draft or during the draft.

SR 7
04-06-2010, 06:52 AM
I want Dexter cause of the weapon the little guy is, replacing Ginn just adds to it. Fact is all last year every time I would see a highlight of the kid on ESPN I wanted him on the Dolphins. To hear the organization is high on him is awesome, so I hope I really hope we some how get him.

The Fins are not done acquiring draft picks, you guys will know what I mean in my next column. Everyone on the roster is up for sale, so I would not be one bit surprise if the Fins hammer a couple trades before the draft or during the draft.

Smiley, Ginn, Brown and ThigPIG are being shopped and I think Smiley and PIggy are definitely goners but I think the interesting part is BOTH Penny and Thig will be gone (since the Trading clause issue with Penny gave it away).

FinAtic8480
04-06-2010, 06:58 AM
Smiley, Ginn, Brown and ThigPIG are being shopped and I think Smiley and PIggy are definitely goners but I think the interesting part is BOTH Penny and Thig will be gone (since the Trading clause issue with Penny gave it away).

very well said

footsteps falco
04-06-2010, 07:36 AM
i think the no trade clause was for the possibility that thigpen cant be traded, and pat white does improve somewhat. in that case, some team that failed to get their QB in the offseason and still needs one might be in a position where they have no choice but to trade for pennington, and we can take advantage of that and maybe get a little mroe then what u'd think.

in reference to the thread. i would rather take ben tate with a 3rd round pick.

FinAtic8480
04-06-2010, 07:50 AM
i think the no trade clause was for the possibility that thigpen cant be traded, and pat white does improve somewhat. in that case, some team that failed to get their QB in the offseason and still needs one might be in a position where they have no choice but to trade for pennington, and we can take advantage of that and maybe get a little mroe then what u'd think.

in reference to the thread. i would rather take ben tate with a 3rd round pick.

I believe the clause would pay Penny like 5 mill if he gets traded, I dont think the team might want to that. The whole Thigpen is the backup was set up to build him up and trade him. Chad is the Tuna's guy he is a personal coach to Henne, he is mentor to Henne and an asset to this team. Why would they trade him?