PDA

View Full Version : Trade down with PHI

305finforlife
04-06-2010, 05:30 AM
This may be possible ... M. Lombardi NFL Network explain that is possible that PHI with all of its picks can trade up with the idea that they may have 11/12 players at the top of their list and if they are available a trade may benefit them.

So where that leads me ... well lets say Miami has 3 top top players they like ... Berry, Bryant, and Morgan and say they are no longer there (Im not a fan of Williams at least at 12 or Mcclain or Kindle). That leaves Earl Thomas - someone PHI would love and wont be available at 24.

I dont like falling behind Patriots but at 24 we can still possible get Kindle or Pierre-Paul or Witherspoon. The trade would also bring in PHI 2nd Pick (WAS) & 3rd pick ... Through in Smiley (they need oline help) for a 4th/5th ... we can come up

Here is how it looks...

Miami gets ...
1st (24th) --- OLB = Kindle/Pierre-Paul/Witherspoon
2nd (37th) --- WR = D.Thomas or A. Benn
(Our original 2nd - FS Nate Allen)
(Our original 3rd - DE J. Worilds/DT Cam Thomas/CB(S) Akwasi Owusu-Ansah
3rd (87th) --- OLB B. Lang/DT G. Atkins/TE Jimmy Graham
Conditional 3/4th Rd next year (for Smiley)

PHI gets ...
1st (12th) (Earl Thomas)
Smiley
*Maybe a 6th/7th to make it work if need be

What do yall think ... Who else might factor in ??? Is this trade even possible ???

Playmaker76
04-06-2010, 05:43 AM
I would do it only if Dez is gone. Then I would target one of the LB's you mentioned except I would add Everson Griffen to that list. We would then have a great shot at Arrelious Benn, Cody, or Jermaine Gresham with that acquired 2nd rd pick. It definately gives us more flexibility and it allows us to fill an extra need.

utahphinsfan
04-06-2010, 07:21 AM
How about Philly gets White, Smiley, & the #12 overall for for 24th, 37th, & 87th this yr plus a 2011 4th rounder?

gdiaz0358
04-06-2010, 09:58 PM
I dont want to be "rude" or put you down bro but this is stupid...NO TEAM IS TRADING UP for Earl Thomas and giving up a 1st, 2nd and 3rd....The eagles traded Mcnabb to GET MORE picks, not to trade them all away for 1 player...maybe if you were talking about Berry then that might be possible but still no 1 player is worth a 1st, 2nd and 3rd pick...NONE! I like to imagine all these possibilites but this WONT happen....

305finforlife
04-06-2010, 10:56 PM
I dont want to be "rude" or put you down bro but this is stupid...NO TEAM IS TRADING UP for Earl Thomas and giving up a 1st, 2nd and 3rd....The eagles traded Mcnabb to GET MORE picks, not to trade them all away for 1 player...maybe if you were talking about Berry then that might be possible but still no 1 player is worth a 1st, 2nd and 3rd pick...NONE! I like to imagine all these possibilites but this WONT happen....

All this is based on the assumption suggested by M. Lombardi. Also, teams have trade multiple picks to move up in the draft ... So its not possible ... plus Earl Thomas is a CB/S prospect, PHI might see that as a value knowing how bad their secondary was in addition to trading away Sheldon Brown.

Now would this happen the way I list it, probably not, but you can say it cant happen, just in another way. Like 12th pk & 4th Rd for the 24th and two 3's.

I guarantee there is going to be some type of trade like this ... if not ... you are more than welcome to say I told you so, lol

305finforlife
04-06-2010, 10:57 PM
gdiaz0358 ...

What do you propose happen, if Miami does make a trade ... If you think they will.

foozool13
04-07-2010, 01:17 AM
Could you at least check the points system http://www.sportznutz.com/nfl/draft/draft_point_value_chart.htm and make a legitimate trade proposal...Our 1st is = to 1200 points...the Eagles 24th pick is 740 and the 37th is 530 totaling 1270...how the heck would we pull a third rounder from them in addition to the 1st and 2nd rounder. At least have a realistic trade proposal.

j-off-her-doll
04-07-2010, 01:50 AM
Not charging enough. As just posted: it would require their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd just to move up to 12.