PDA

View Full Version : Omar Kelly's draft nuggets.

FinAtic8480
04-06-2010, 06:41 AM
My heart say the Dolphins will select Oklahoma State receiver Dez Bryant, who believe me, wasnít brought to Davie last week as a smokescreen.

This Dolphins regime realizes they have two more seasons to turn this franchise into a perennial contender. Thatís the only way for coach Tony Sparano and G.M. Jeff Ireland to be standing on solid ground when Bill Parcells eventually walks away at the conclusion of his contract (and former Chiefs G.M. Carl Petterson, a friend and business partner with owner Steve Ross, eases his way in).

Despite what they say publicly, the Trifecta know they need a clear-cut No. 1 receiver, someone who can stretch the field and opponents must game plan for. And how many times does a franchise have an opportunity to add THE draftís top receivers? Rarely.

Iím told Bryant, who has visits with the Chiefs, Buccaneers, Seahawks and Denver set up, made a favorable impression on the Trifecta from the character standpoint. However, Iím also told itíll comes down to his intellect, and how he came across when the film got broken down. Offensive coordinator Dan Henning prefers receivers who are intelligent enough to quickly pick up route adjustments, which is something college receivers donít do enough of. Thatís why Brian Hartline got on the field so quickly (leapfrogging Patrick Turner) last season, and made an immediate impact. Iím told Bryantís football IQ isnít fully developed yetÖ.

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=106855299350021

rev kev
04-06-2010, 06:49 AM
I’m told Bryant’s football IQ isn’t fully developed yet…. O Kelly

???????????????????

FinAtic8480
04-06-2010, 07:01 AM
Iím told Bryantís football IQ isnít fully developed yetÖ. O Kelly

???????????????????

CK explained in well in another thread that Bryant is awesome academically

NRA
04-06-2010, 07:07 AM
if they realise that we dont have a real wr on ther team, as they should,
then why isnt brandon marshall in a finz uni already?

he is a proven #1 wr who can get int the endzone. he can be had. if
the finz were serious at all about getting a real wr in here, this would be
done as he is 3 years in the league and a proven, pro bowl commodity.

dez has mass baggage and NO assurance he can play in the nfl.

so he is the way to go rather than a young player whos is proven?

this is why i dont buy into the dez bryant thing at all. i think they had an
interest in hearing him out, but thats it. keep everyone guessing.

i firmly believe that unless some other team is as dumb and has a major
dan wiiliams worship happening, he will be the trifectas pic.

not what i want but this regime seems to be stuck in a 70's-80's mentality
and a severe case of wr hatred.

untill i see it, i wont believe it.

studsatele
04-06-2010, 07:09 AM
i dont get it. weve gotten more talent in the last 2 years, then all the years put together, since jj left. imo. sparano has done a good job, once again imo. sure hes made mistakes. but hes shown enough to give us hope that we gotta good coach in the making. imo. so why are people saying things like they got 2 years left to be a contender? i really hope sparano shuts up every naysayer he has this season.

TKAllDay
04-06-2010, 07:25 AM
2 Years left because the old Tuna is getting up there and is ready to move on. Also, it will be year 5! Seriously though, I would be shocked if we grabbed Dez. With that said, I would LOVE it. It would bolster our offense from day one. Imagine Dez, Hartline, Bess, Cam, and Ginn (situationally) along with RB WB LH and Polite, Henne throwing and a monster O line? That, my friends, is an offense.... IT would allow Henne to immediatly develop! We can draft FS and OLB with our next two picks and find a NT in the later rounds to compete with Solia. PS, can't Starks play a little NT as well? Merling/Starks/Langford mixed with Starks/Soliai/Langford would fix our NT problem cheap . We need Dez at the top of the draft and spend the rest on fixing our defense

NRA
04-06-2010, 07:28 AM
CK explained in well in another thread that Bryant is awesome academically

REALLY? no shot at CK at all here but did he conduct any tests or interviews
with bryant? was he in meetings with any REAL nfl people questioning him?

did bryants college coaches or nfl people let him see the tests and his scores?

these are board members with opinions folks, not nfl professionals, coaches
or scouts.

i really hope you dont think i am poking at CK, i'm not. if someone
were to write "yeah, but harvey winklstien said...." i would have made this same
post.

THERE ISNT ONE GUY ON THIS OR ANY OTHER DOLPHINS BOARD that knows
FOR SURE where bryants football iq is at.

NO ONE!!

and if they did, they wouldnt be talking about it.

i LOVE opinions. i have my own. and thats the real fun of message boards
to me. but when people start writing stuff like "so and so says its this way"
then something should be said.

armondo doesnt "know" either. its an opinion. and thats fun to, but he is NOT
an nfl professional in ANY capacity and hasnt tested bryant in ANY capacity or
been in rooms with the trifecta testing him.

its specualtion. and most of the time... hear-say.

ck has his reasons for HIS opinion. and so does armondo. and i am sure they both
feel they have based there OPINIONS on solid research and rumblings.

fine! we all do.

but still, NO ONE KNOWS what the real story is. we shall find out soon enough.

dont write ANYONES opinion off over anothers at this point.

FinAtic8480
04-06-2010, 07:56 AM
REALLY? no shot at CK at all here but did he conduct any tests or interviews
with bryant? was he in meetings with any REAL nfl people questioning him?

did bryants college coaches or nfl people let him see the tests and his scores?

these are board members with opinions folks, not nfl professionals, coaches
or scouts.

i really hope you dont think i am poking at CK, i'm not. if someone
were to write "yeah, but harvey winklstien said...." i would have made this same
post.

THERE ISNT ONE GUY ON THIS OR ANY OTHER DOLPHINS BOARD that knows
FOR SURE where bryants football iq is at.

NO ONE!!

and if they did, they wouldnt be talking about it.

i LOVE opinions. i have my own. and thats the real fun of message boards
to me. but when people start writing stuff like "so and so says its this way"
then something should be said.

armondo doesnt "know" either. its an opinion. and thats fun to, but he is NOT
an nfl professional in ANY capacity and hasnt tested bryant in ANY capacity or
been in rooms with the trifecta testing him.

its specualtion. and most of the time... hear-say.

ck has his reasons for HIS opinion. and so does armondo. and i am sure they both
feel they have based there OPINIONS on solid research and rumblings.

fine! we all do.

but still, NO ONE KNOWS what the real story is. we shall find out soon enough.

dont write ANYONES opinion off over anothers at this point.

Bryant has All-Academic Honors.

Phin-Phan 66
04-06-2010, 08:51 AM
Bryant has All-Academic Honors.

that doesn't mean he can read a defense and make the proper adjustments at game speed.

#1dolphinsfan
04-06-2010, 08:58 AM
i hope they do draft Dez it would be a mistake to pass on him IMO

FinAtic8480
04-06-2010, 09:00 AM
that doesn't mean he can read a defense and make the proper adjustments at game speed.

But he has the brains to do it. The guy has Academic honors he is smart.

ChambersWI
04-06-2010, 05:08 PM
IQ and football IQ are two different things. You can be one of the smartest guys out there, but it doesn't mean your a smart football player.

I don't know how much of an issue it is with Bryant, but IMO he has the drive to get by that.

Chubby
04-06-2010, 05:33 PM
Football IQ comes with years of dedication to your sport and lots and lots of film study, The question has Dez or will Dez ever be able to dedicate himself enough to his sport?
Chubbs

NYinBostonFin
04-06-2010, 05:36 PM
If we don't make a move for Berry......I want Dez.

Time to get a real weapon for Henne, might as well take a chance with the best this draft has to offer.

newlownorder
04-06-2010, 05:47 PM
Ohhh Omar, when will you stop with your speculation and actually write some real news?

Aqua and Orange
04-06-2010, 06:42 PM
Ohhh Omar, when will you stop with your speculation and actually write some real news?

Seriously. It's been too long without any legit news and it's starting to get ridiculous. Gotta be tough to be a writer, getting paid to deliver news, when there is no news out there.

ckparrothead
04-06-2010, 07:11 PM
I don't know what he's like with the playbook and with sight adjustments and things like that.

Here's what I know from watching the games:

1. He adjusts his route based on zone or man coverage.
2. Of all WRs I watched this year none had better chemistry with a QB in terms of adjusting back to him when he got into trouble, than Dez Bryant.

I don't know if Omar's source is right or wrong, it's certainly an open question. But IF the Dolphins are internally shifting the debate about Dez Bryant from a character debate, to a debate over the tape...then to me, there is no more debate.

hooshoops
04-06-2010, 08:23 PM
I don't know what he's like with the playbook and with sight adjustments and things like that.

Here's what I know from watching the games:

1. He adjusts his route based on zone or man coverage.
2. Of all WRs I watched this year none had better chemistry with a QB in terms of adjusting back to him when he got into trouble, than Dez Bryant.

I don't know if Omar's source is right or wrong, it's certainly an open question. But IF the Dolphins are internally shifting the debate about Dez Bryant from a character debate, to a debate over the tape...then to me, there is no more debate.

exactly