PDA

View Full Version : Jacoby Ford, Major Wright won’t run 40 for Dolphins

DKphin
04-06-2010, 05:48 PM
Ford, a product of Cardinal Newman High School in West Palm Beach, was the fastest wide receiver at the Combine in Indianapolis, running a 4.28. Wright, who played at St. Thomas Aquinas in Fort Lauderdale, turned in a solid 4.48 at the same venue. By way of comparison, the top-rated safety in the draft, Eric Berry of Tennessee, ran a 4.47.
Ford, who is projected to be picked in the second round, said he “definitely” could become the deep threat the Dolphins are looking at despite his smallish size at 5-foot-9 and 186 pounds. Ted Ginn Jr., who has had that role, is not a lot bigger at 5-11, 180. Wright is largely projected as a strong safety, but insisted he could fill the Dolphins’ need at free safety if they try him there. He’s expected to go in the third or fourth rounds.
“Put me on the field and I’ll play it,” he said.
http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedailydolphin/2010/04/06/jacoby-ford-major-wright-wont-run-40-for-dolphins/

ckparrothead
04-06-2010, 05:50 PM
I don't see Wright being "largely projected" as a strong safety. He's listed as a free safety with NFL Draft Scout. And for good reason.

DKphin
04-06-2010, 09:12 PM
I don't see Wright being "largely projected" as a strong safety. He's listed as a free safety with NFL Draft Scout. And for good reason.
I agree. I am dumbfounded because everywhere I read anything on him it is reference to the SS position. He played FS at Florida. I have read where there are concerns about his backpedal and change of direction. Maybe that is the reason for the projection, but I see him more as a FS.

nick1
04-07-2010, 12:48 AM
anybody like Ford here? seems alot like Ginn to me, purely a track star with questionable hands

uga3406
04-07-2010, 04:20 AM
anybody like Ford here? seems alot like Ginn to me, purely a track star with questionable hands

another guy being mentioned is golden tate...why all the interest in ford and tate..i wonder if miami has any guts to trade ginn...and then drafting tate or ford would make more sense

MiamiDolfan85
04-07-2010, 04:44 AM
Ford hands are better than Ginns....thats all Im gonna say...

PogiRo
04-07-2010, 05:08 AM
I've always seen Major as a SS in the pros. I never liked his coverage skills for a FS. Maybe I'd be more open to the idea of trying him out there if the Phins didn't already try and fail to put a SS at FS. But now, I want a natural ball-hawking FS. That's not Major.

He will, however, knock plenty of snot out of plenty opposing players at SS.