PDA

View Full Version : why we dont need a saftey @ 12

papahotel
04-06-2010, 10:40 PM
and this is of course my opinion but 12 is a prime pick in this years draft and yes Earl Thomas is no doubt an awsome one but the bottom line is late in the year we couldnt score points like we did early in the season and in 08 with penny and yes i do understand our Defense couldnt keep opponents out of the endzone late last year either but WR is the pick, Wich is why my pick is Dez Bryant @ 12 if he falls. We need to throw and here is why, We had arguably the best backfield in the NFL before Ronnie went down with no True No. 1 like Dez and still chewed up defenses on the ground if we can get Dez our gound game improves more our underneath routes (Bess, Cam) get more Chunk Yardage and Fasano becomes more involved in passing situations Bottom line is we need more points because look at this picture and you be the judge our offense stays the same and we get earl thomas at saftey who has to learn an NFL style Defense and quick and be a playmaker to be worth that 12 pick so c'mon we're setting him up for failure! hes gotta be a top NFL Saftey from game 1 and i dont see it happening thats just to much on him with a Defense still building if we had a minnisota or dallas Dline and backers i would say sure but we dont so i say NO!. orrrrrrrr you draft Bryant solidify that long need at true #1 WR and draft a Nate Allen or Maybe Mays slips out of the 1st round all im sayin is Dez came come in and be an impact right away easier than Thomas can! okay Bring it on fellas!!

MiZFiT
04-06-2010, 10:44 PM
and this is of course my opinion but 12 is a prime pick in this years draft and yes Earl Thomas is no doubt an awsome one but the bottom line is late in the year we couldnt score points like we did early in the season and in 08 with penny and yes i do understand our Defense couldnt keep opponents out of the endzone late last year either but WR is the pick, Wich is why my pick is Dez Bryant @ 12 if he falls. We need to throw and here is why, We had arguably the best backfield in the NFL before Ronnie went down with no True No. 1 like Dez and still chewed up defenses on the ground if we can get Dez our gound game improves more our underneath routes (Bess, Cam) get more Chunk Yardage and Fasano becomes more involved in passing situations Bottom line is we need more points because look at this picture and you be the judge our offense stays the same and we get earl thomas at saftey who has to learn an NFL style Defense and quick and be a playmaker to be worth that 12 pick so c'mon we're setting him up for failure! hes gotta be a top NFL Saftey from game 1 and i dont see it happening thats just to much on him with a Defense still building if we had a minnisota or dallas Dline and backers i would say sure but we dont so i say NO!. orrrrrrrr you draft Bryant solidify that long need at true #1 WR and draft a Nate Allen or Maybe Mays slips out of the 1st round all im sayin is Dez came come in and be an impact right away easier than Thomas can! okay Bring it on fellas!!

We averaged 22.5 points scored per game last season. We averaged 24.4 points given up per game last season.

If the other team scores more than you, you are going to lose.

Romy148
04-06-2010, 10:58 PM
Bottom line even in the Superbowl, The Saint won cuz their Defense stepped up. Im not saying we R set at receiver, but what is our biggest hole???? Safety, NT, OLB

FINS4LIFE16
04-06-2010, 11:12 PM
There are many other good WR prospects after Bryant. We might have a chance at Demaryius Thomas or Arrelious Benn in the 2nd or Mike Williams in the 3rd/4th.

At safety, after Eric Berry and Earl Thomas, there is a huge drop off. Because of the lack of depth at the safety position and our hole at FS, drafting ET or Berry if he somehow falls would be a great pick.

Slim
04-06-2010, 11:47 PM
We averaged 22.5 points scored per game last season. We averaged 24.4 points given up per game last season.

If the other team scores more than you, you are going to lose.

Yeah but if we scored 30 points per game then you argument still stands.

Fact of the matter is, we need players on both sides of the ball....

phinfreak
04-07-2010, 12:01 AM
which is why we need to score more points!

Everyone in the NFL knows the Fins cant pass the ball, period.

They all play 8-9 man box against our "high powered" "high scoring" offense. Tss...

phinfreak
04-07-2010, 12:04 AM
There are many other good WR prospects after Bryant. We might have a chance at Demaryius Thomas or Arrelious Benn in the 2nd or Mike Williams in the 3rd/4th.

At safety, after Eric Berry and Earl Thomas, there is a huge drop off. Because of the lack of depth at the safety position and our hole at FS, drafting ET or Berry if he somehow falls would be a great pick.

I can see Tom Brady, or Peyton Manning, looking off any rookie S.

A rookie S is not going to start for this D. This D needs an experienced FS that can call D plays, and understands the complexity of the passing attacks in the NFL.

College safeties play lots of zone, and defend against the run primarily.

Few cover TE's man to man, or line up man against NFL caliber slot WR's.

So a rookie S will not impact the team next year.

Mr_Freezetag
04-07-2010, 12:25 AM
Week 1: 7 - Pennington
Week 2: 23 - Pennington
Week 3: 13 - Pennington/Henne
Week 4: 38 - Henne (against Buffalo***)
Week 5: 31 - Henne
Week 6: BYE
Week 7: 34 - Henne
Week 8: 30 - Henne
Week 9: 17 - Henne
Week 10: 25 - Henne
Week 11: 24 - NO RONNIE
Week 12: 14 - NO RONNIE
Week 13: 22 - NO RONNIE
Week 14: 14 - NO RONNIE
Week 15: 24 - NO RONNIE
Week 16: 20 - NO RONNIE
Week 17: 24 - HENNE'S EYE GOT POKED AND PAT WHITE TOOK A NAP

With the injuries our team had we put up good fights but our defense let us down. Down the stretch we still put up numbers after the fact that we lost Ronnie Brown, arguably our most valuable offensive weapon.

Draft Defense

Mr_Freezetag
04-07-2010, 12:29 AM
I can see Tom Brady, or Peyton Manning, looking off any rookie S.

A rookie S is not going to start for this D. This D needs an experienced FS that can call D plays, and understands the complexity of the passing attacks in the NFL.

College safeties play lots of zone, and defend against the run primarily.

Few cover TE's man to man, or line up man against NFL caliber slot WR's.

So a rookie S will not impact the team next year.

So with your logic E. Berry and E. Thomas would not be starters and sit on the bench?

I am glad you are not the coach.

phinfreak
04-07-2010, 12:34 AM
So with your logic E. Berry and E. Thomas would not be starters and sit on the bench?

I am glad you are not the coach.

Nope, they wouldnt start, and....too bad I'm not the coach!

Uh...didnt the Fins draft a S last year with 4.3 speed?

How often did he play? Hmmm?

So lets draft a rookie S at #12 to really shut down the Patriots, Jets, and every other playoff teams passing offense...right?

Good thing YOU'RE not the coach :crazy:

sn9ke.eyes
04-07-2010, 12:42 AM
I'm not sold on your logic that it's easier for a WR to contribute in year 1 than it is for a safety.

Mr_Freezetag
04-07-2010, 12:43 AM
Nope, they wouldnt start, and....too bad I'm not the coach!

Uh...didnt the Fins draft a S last year with 4.3 speed?

How often did he play? Hmmm?

So lets draft a rookie S at #12 to really shut down the Patriots, Jets, and every other playoff teams passing offense...right?

Good thing YOU'RE not the coach :crazy:

Like I said before I asked you Berry and Thomas would not start, and you say yes...

and now you compare THE 2 TOP SAFETY PROSPECTS IN THE 2010 NFL DRAFT TO CHRIS CLEMONS A 5TH ROUNDER?!

WE played Gibril Wilson because he was our big FA signing. Clemons saw the field but how in the world do you say just because Chris Clemons doesn't start, neither will Berry OR Thomas if drafted by the phins?

and what does his 40 time have to do with any of this?

You do know we are talking about the NFL and reality not Madden correct?

MARSHALLAW305
04-07-2010, 01:40 AM

agreed all for mike williams he is bryant in disguise

Quadfather
04-07-2010, 01:43 AM
the pick needs to be an OLB, sergio kindle or brandon graham

papahotel
04-07-2010, 02:24 AM
Im just saying our Defense isnt ready yet for a rookie saftey to come in and succeed like i said earlier, is that what you want? i mean if you seriously are a die hard fan you wouldnt want that just look at a good example in michael huff he was labled as a cant miss prospect! and went to a bad defense, Im not saying ours is bad as the raiders but before i focused on saftey the OLB position would be my first defensive selection if i wanted defense @ 12...but i dont and while WR Thomas and Benn are good and i think Williams is the sleeper of the draft BUT if we are lucky enough to have bryant fall to us its the pick we need to open eyes up he doesnt have to come in with alot of pressure on him because our running game is solid and we have a great possesion passing/recieving game the coaching staff will give him the playbook and the opportunity to be great and trust me he will! mark my words it will be another draft nightmare if we pass him up!

rent this space
04-07-2010, 02:54 AM
I think the Dez Bryant guys are going to be disappointed on draft day

Aqua and Orange
04-07-2010, 03:00 AM
Bottom line even in the Superbowl, The Saint won cuz their Defense stepped up. Im not saying we R set at receiver, but what is our biggest hole???? Safety, NT, OLB

EXACTLY. Dolphins fans were praying that CB Malcolm Jenkins would fall in their laps last year, and instead we got the second best in Vontae Davis.

Who drafted Jenkins? Your Super Bowl champion New Orleans Saints.

skipp2myloo13
04-07-2010, 03:37 AM
Anyone who wouldnt be happy with Earl Thomas on this team,... doesnt know our team or Earl Thomas. lol

Mr_Freezetag
04-07-2010, 03:41 AM
Im just saying our Defense isnt ready yet for a rookie saftey to come in and succeed like i said earlier, is that what you want? i mean if you seriously are a die hard fan you wouldnt want that just look at a good example in michael huff he was labled as a cant miss prospect! and went to a bad defense, Im not saying ours is bad as the raiders but before i focused on saftey the OLB position would be my first defensive selection if i wanted defense @ 12...but i dont and while WR Thomas and Benn are good and i think Williams is the sleeper of the draft BUT if we are lucky enough to have bryant fall to us its the pick we need to open eyes up he doesnt have to come in with alot of pressure on him because our running game is solid and we have a great possesion passing/recieving game the coaching staff will give him the playbook and the opportunity to be great and trust me he will! mark my words it will be another draft nightmare if we pass him up!

WHY NOT?!

Mr_Freezetag
04-07-2010, 03:44 AM
mark my words it will be another draft nightmare if we pass him up!

I get the fact that your on the Dez Bryant bandwagon (everyone has a player in mind that they really want) but your basically saying if we DO NOT draft Dez the draft is a bust.

come on man

finfan54
04-08-2010, 06:20 AM

With the injuries our team had we put up good fights but our defense let us down. Down the stretch we still put up numbers after the fact that we lost Ronnie Brown, arguably our most valuable offensive weapon.

Draft Defense

this right here has more facts that show true light. Someone said we cant pass ball. They obviously were not watching games. Henne is key to everything in our success. Not a legit #1 WR. We build on what we started, get the TE going and really, we need a TE for the future. Everyone completely drops this notion and any great QB will tell ya a TE is everything in tight spots.

Say it again, WR is not our problem. Defense is. JT is too light for BP's taste. JP is goner. Wake is a pass rusher. We need a 260-270 lb. guy to seal edge, safety to cover centerfield with no probs, and DT to hold up entire D. No doubt. Defense was our problem. We need to get away from WC some and start opening up our passing game more. We will IMO. But it wont be with Dez Bryant.

finfan54
04-08-2010, 06:23 AM
Anyone who wouldnt be happy with Earl Thomas on this team,... doesnt know our team or Earl Thomas. lol

And I would never call myself an expert or claim to know alot but Earl Thomas is a player.

Its common sense.

SRM
04-08-2010, 06:36 AM
Do you not remember the last 3 games where the other team jumped out to a 20+ lead early in the game? Yeah, our defense sucked. Our offense on the other hand, fought back with huge momentum shifting drives, and nearly winning us all of those games. Our O isn't as bad as everyone says it is, our drives are just slow because we pretty much move from one 10 yard mark to the next.

HawkDolphan
04-08-2010, 10:23 PM
The main reason I think we'll pass on Dez Bryant is the perception of him being a diva. Look, Parcells was building a heckuva team in Dallas. Then Jerry Jones goes out and forces Terrell Owens on BP. He puts up with him for a year, which I think was fairly successful, but retires immediately at the end of the season. I can't say for sure if T.O. was what pushed him out the door, but a lot of experts seem to think he had a lot to do with the decision.

Now, whether Dez is a diva or not, I don't know, but I'm sure the Trifecta will do their own background checks and interview him at length in order to find that out. If he comes in and works hard and behaves himself, then I think he'd be a terrific first pick.

I'm just thinking if BP may have a "reasonable doubt" on Dez and go elsewhere. Just my 2 cents. I've been wrong before.

Yessir
04-08-2010, 10:47 PM
Safety is probably our most pressing issue right now. Over both OLB, and WR.

So many plays were made right over the top the Dolphinsdefense. Even when pressure was applied.

Just depends on how high the Trifecta graded out Earl Thomas as opposed to secound round tagets such as Nate Allen or Morgan Burnett.

MP-Omnis
04-08-2010, 10:53 PM

Draft Defense

Post of the day right there. :lol2: