PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Point Value Chart - Please Check This Before Coming Up with Crazy Trades

foozool13
04-07-2010, 01:21 AM
http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php (http://www.sportznutz.com/nfl/draft/draft_point_value_chart.htm)

I see people constantly coming up with belligerent trade proposals to get out fo the 12th pick like its worth a King's ransom.

So to all you guys who think our 12th pick is worth some CRAZY value please check the chart first and try to at least come up with a REALISTIC scenario. It will save a lot of worthless ideas and server space. Thanks.

j-off-her-doll
04-07-2010, 01:37 AM
So, if we were to trade down with Dallas and use only draft picks from this season, we'd get their:

1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th - more or less.

j-off-her-doll
04-07-2010, 01:40 AM
Or, the Eagles:

1st, 2nd, and 3rd.

Quadfather
04-07-2010, 01:42 AM
yeah in the draft game the lions traded berry, who they took at #2, for phillip merling, ted ginn, and joey porter, PLUS they moved back in the second round. people wouldnt be fired for that kind of deal...they would be shot!

Phin-Phan 66
04-07-2010, 03:35 AM
That chart has been outdated for years. It can be used as a reference or a "jumping off point" but the real value of a pick is whatever you can get for it.

jim1
04-07-2010, 04:00 AM
http://www.sportznutz.com/nfl/draft/draft_point_value_chart.htm

I see people constantly coming up with belligerent trade proposals to get out fo the 12th pick like its worth a King's ransom.

So to all you guys who think our 12th pick is worth some CRAZY value please check the chart first and try to at least come up with a REALISTIC scenario. It will save a lot of worthless ideas and server space. Thanks.

That chart doesn't mean jack ***. For example, if a stud QB is there at the #1 pick, then the pick has tremendous trade value. In a year without clear cut studs- not so much. It's all relative and dependent of the player in question, not necessarily the draft pick in question. It's a guide- other than that you can throw it out the window.

j-off-her-doll
04-07-2010, 04:19 AM
A lot more accurate that most of the bs trade proposals that have us getting virtually nothing for moving down 15 spots.

Kdawg954
04-07-2010, 04:56 AM
A lot more accurate that most of the bs trade proposals that have us getting virtually nothing for moving down 15 spots.

More than likely a trade with Dallas would include their first for 2011, which is worth between 500-600 points (they tend to base a first rounder for the following year on the level with a 2nd rounder for this year).

My thing is, if your Miami . . . is having the 27th pick this year and let's say the 27th pick in 2011 better than having the 12th pick this year. At first glance you would be like hell yea . . . but u know you are not gonna get that elite player you have a chance at 12. Dez Bryant, Eric Berry, Earl Thomas . . . these guys won't be there.

I'm kind of content with 12 . . . we still can move up easy if a guy like Berry or Dez slips a bit . . . and worse comes to worse we probably are secured of atleast Earl Thomas.

At 27, I think we would take Benn or an OLB. However FS would be slim pickings by then, sure we can draft a guy, but nobody that can step in like possibly Berry or Thomas could.

Give me Earl Thomas, and then trade up if Benn is slipping and grab him.

209Mason
04-07-2010, 06:32 AM
Sticky!

j-off-her-doll
04-07-2010, 07:01 AM
More than likely a trade with Dallas would include their first for 2011, which is worth between 500-600 points (they tend to base a first rounder for the following year on the level with a 2nd rounder for this year).

My thing is, if your Miami . . . is having the 27th pick this year and let's say the 27th pick in 2011 better than having the 12th pick this year. At first glance you would be like hell yea . . . but u know you are not gonna get that elite player you have a chance at 12. Dez Bryant, Eric Berry, Earl Thomas . . . these guys won't be there.

I'm kind of content with 12 . . . we still can move up easy if a guy like Berry or Dez slips a bit . . . and worse comes to worse we probably are secured of atleast Earl Thomas.

At 27, I think we would take Benn or an OLB. However FS would be slim pickings by then, sure we can draft a guy, but nobody that can step in like possibly Berry or Thomas could.

Give me Earl Thomas, and then trade up if Benn is slipping and grab him.

I think we'd be looking at J. Hughes if we moved down to #27, but I agree with you. And, I don't think we'd make the trade until we're actually on the clock.

foozool13
04-07-2010, 06:58 PM
I would take any teams 1st, 2nd, and 4th to move down in the 1st this year.

j-off-her-doll
04-07-2010, 07:05 PM
I would take any teams 1st, 2nd, and 4th to move down in the 1st this year.

So, you'd move down to pick 32 in exchange for late 2nd and 4th RD picks?

BillParFan
04-16-2010, 12:38 PM

Any likely trade w/jerry would as you point out, be for 2011 or for a player.

Dallas has only 6 picks this year.

foozool13
04-16-2010, 07:50 PM
So, you'd move down to pick 32 in exchange for late 2nd and 4th RD picks?

After losing a 2nd in the Marshall trade I would do that right now. Better to have 2 picks in the top 64 then 1 in the top 12. But its a tough call and it would also depend on who is there at 12 too.