PDA

View Full Version : ESPN-Dolphins on the clock.

az fin fan
04-07-2010, 01:21 AM
I would be happy with Dez Bryant or E Thomas...

Enoy...

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/12257/video-on-the-clock-dolphins

A&O
04-07-2010, 01:27 AM
Cool stuff...thanks!

Quadfather
04-07-2010, 01:31 AM
I think it comes down to four players sirgio kindle, dan williams, earl thomas, and dez bryant in no particular order. those are the best players at our biggest needs and all of them except maybe dan williams should be there when the dolphins pick. so two questions: what is the biggest need, WR, OlB,NT, or FS and who can we get in the later rounds that can make an impact. I would be happy with any of those players and i think there is a wild card in brandon graham.

az fin fan
04-07-2010, 01:35 AM
I think it comes down to four players sirgio kindle, dan williams, earl thomas, and dez bryant in no particular order. those are the best players at our biggest needs and all of them except maybe dan williams should be there when the dolphins pick. so two questions: what is the biggest need, WR, OlB,NT, or FS and who can we get in the later rounds that can make an impact. I would be happy with any of those players and i think there is a wild card in brandon graham.

This is why even though I want Bryant, i dont think we will draft him. I can see Bill go with Thomas or D Williams and a reciever in the 2nd round...there is supposed to be a lot of good WR options there this year.

Mcganiel
04-07-2010, 01:36 AM
I think it comes down to four players sirgio kindle, dan williams, earl thomas, and dez bryant in no particular order. those are the best players at our biggest needs and all of them except maybe dan williams should be there when the dolphins pick. so two questions: what is the biggest need, WR, OlB,NT, or FS and who can we get in the later rounds that can make an impact. I would be happy with any of those players and i think there is a wild card in brandon graham. SPOT ON :up:

MiamiSportsGen
04-07-2010, 01:37 AM
Ehh, drafting Sergio Kindle or Dan Williams won't really be that exciting for DolFans and they don't seem to be that "splash" that Trent Dilfer was referring to. I think Earl Thomas could be a marquee player in this league, and let's not count out Derrick Morgan and a few other top prospects that may fall into Miami's lap.

On a side note, It's funny how Mel Kiper still believes that Dez Bryant is this enormous head case that will be too much of a "diva" for Bill Parcells to handle. I see Kiper eating his words once Bryant enters this league (wherever he goes).

Aqua and Orange
04-07-2010, 01:40 AM
Great post and thanks for the video!

I never EVER thought I would say this...but I agree with what Dilfer, Mort, and Kiper said. It's obvious to the team, the fans, and these analysts where our holes are and it sounds like they are mentioning all of the names we are:

D.Bryant
S. Kindle
D. Williams
E. Thomas

Kiper says Bryant will be there when we pick. I just hope our team is smart enough to pull the trigger.

Note: I do NOT want Kindle at 12, but as the analysts said, if all we're going on is Parcells' draft history that could very well be the pick.

Nublar7
04-07-2010, 01:54 AM
I can't stand Kiper anymore. I am glad I made the switch to NFL Network for draft day.

Anyways, I find it interesting that Mort is "hearing from within the Dolphins" that they need to add an Alpha wide receiver like a Dez Bryant. We all know how close Parcells is to Mort, so could that "within the Dolphins" be Parcells himself? Interesting.

clbrazee
04-07-2010, 01:55 AM
I think we trade down if the following aren't available at #12

Berry
Thomas
Bryant

I realize Berry should not drop that far. Thomas could also be avialable at a lower pick.

DolfanDuBbZ~
04-07-2010, 01:57 AM
To the Ginn people, this video is spot on....MIA has no outside SPLASH players! Ginn isn't the player you or I wish he was. I hope MIA gets D. Bryant. If you want to develop a young qb, you get him weapons.

SQuinn17
04-07-2010, 02:00 AM
Bryant or Thomas. If we could get Jerry Hughes in the 2nd, I would be ecstatic.

Nick13
04-07-2010, 02:15 AM
Bryant or Thomas. If we could get Jerry Hughes in the 2nd, I would be ecstatic.

If we could grab Thomas and Hughes as our first two picks i'd be jumping for joy and hugging strangers in the street.

DolfanDuBbZ~
04-07-2010, 02:18 AM
If we could grab Thomas and Hughes as our first two picks i'd be jumping for joy and hugging strangers in the street.

Were you jumping for joy and hugging strangers with the Pat White pick?:crazy:

Phinatic8u
04-07-2010, 02:38 AM
Grab Bryant & Trade back into the first to get Thomas???

az fin fan
04-07-2010, 02:40 AM
Grab Bryant & Trade back into the first to get Thomas???

Whoa.. your dreaming grand there.

We will be lucky if they draft Bryant, let alone trade back into the 1st round. Just dont see it...

gnome011
04-07-2010, 02:52 AM
Give Me Dez!!!!!!!

jvw
04-07-2010, 03:54 AM
I dont think this FO will use a top 12 pick on a kid who has red flags (Dez). Later in the 1st round yes, but that high of pick, character is huge, considering you are going to give him a pocket full of money. I think if the player that Jerry Jones likes is still on the board at 12 he will give away the farm to get him, I heard rumors of Cryton,swap 1st, a 2nd this yr and 1st next yr. The Tuna will jump all over that. I think this FO wants a OLB and the drop off isnt that great fron the top 3 guys to the rest of the pack.

MiamiSportsGen
04-07-2010, 03:58 AM
I dont think this FO will use a top 12 pick on a kid who has red flags (Dez). Later in the 1st round yes, but that high of pick, character is huge, considering you are going to give him a pocket full of money. I think if the player that Jerry Jones likes is still on the board at 12 he will give away the farm to get him, I heard rumors of Cryton,swap 1st, a 2nd this yr and 1st next yr. The Tuna will jump all over that. I think this FO wants a OLB and the drop off isnt that great fron the top 3 guys to the rest of the pack.

Everyone says this kid has "red flags," is a "diva," or is just "trouble," yet there is very little evidence to make that case. Could someone please list those "red flags" so that we can THEN decide whether he really is as much "trouble" as the media is painting him out to be?

Danny
04-07-2010, 04:01 AM
I only want Bryant or Thomas at 12.....I don't want us to draft a NT at 12 when he won't even play 50% of the downs.....we need a playmaker at 12 and Bryant it's it on offence and Thomas on defence.

Ozzy rules!!

callaway1234
04-07-2010, 04:07 AM
I can't stand Kiper anymore. I am glad I made the switch to NFL Network for draft day.

Anyways, I find it interesting that Mort is "hearing from within the Dolphins" that they need to add an Alpha wide receiver like a Dez Bryant. We all know how close Parcells is to Mort, so could that "within the Dolphins" be Parcells himself? Interesting.
I agree with you that Kiper is annoying, but he was spot on about P. Turner and White on draft day. You could point out all the things he's been wrong about, but these rights stick out to me right now.

jvw
04-07-2010, 04:12 AM
Everyone says this kid has "red flags," is a "diva," or is just "trouble," yet there is very little evidence to make that case. Could someone please list those "red flags" so that we can THEN decide whether he really is as much "trouble" as the media is painting him out to be?
He was suspended for the 2009 season, not a game but the season. thats enough for me, but I will say i would sit down with kid and check him out, I'm sure this FO has looked deep in this kids background because If he is as talented as people say he is you better make sure he's trouble before letting him get away.

Fin Fan 4 Life
04-07-2010, 04:15 AM
Did you notice the comments at the end that White should have been returning kicks last year?

callaway1234
04-07-2010, 04:57 AM
Did you notice the comments at the end that White should have been returning kicks last year?
Also that he should be a WR is just as ludicrous (sp?). He has extremely small hands and is only quick, not fast. Not to mention taking hits... I'd feel a lot more confident about his future here if I read an article about him hitting the weight room extremely hard, but alas, I have no idea...

allsilverdreams
04-07-2010, 04:59 AM
i would jump on thomas but after that i would trade down if we get a partner .we need playmakers and plenty of them.we wont get them in the 6th or 7th round where we have all those picks .

SebasMiamiFan
04-07-2010, 05:00 AM
It seemed like ESPN found us to be a bad team. I do agree that we have no impact players and I do believe the FO needs to stop ignoring this issue. I don't see us getting Williams. It's either going to be Bryant or Thomas. The Fins really like Thomas it seems.

luduporcu
04-07-2010, 05:58 AM
PARCELLS NEVER DRAFTS WRs OR HBs EARLY. Bye-bye DEZ and CJ.

PARCELLS DOES love defense, and WILL pick a DB in the 1st Round. Mr. THOMAS, you're still a possible pick by MIAMI at #12. But,...

PARCELLS absolutely worships LBs and NTs. Hello, all LBs/NTs who have been discussed, except KINDLE (he has "stiff hips", reminiscent of V GHOULSON)

IF DALLAS wants THOMAS after cutting HAMLIN, the value chart says that DALLAS gets our #12 Pick in return for their #27, 2nd, 3rd, and a little more: maybe their 5th and we throw in our 6th. But for MIAMI to trade w/DALLAS involving a player in any way, that player's 1st name better be MILES, and he better come w/DALLAS's 2nd or 3rd Round pick. PARCELLS wants PICKS, not players, and for him to accept a deal involving picks AND players, it had better be that proverbial "offer you can't refuse". And MIAMI should look to sign HAMLIN, too, if he doesn't cost too much.

jimi64
04-07-2010, 07:15 AM
I want "DEZ"

AlphaPHIN
04-07-2010, 07:47 AM
Id love to have Dez as I think this team desperately needs a receiver....but I would truly like for that to come via an already proven guy. I think if they stay at 12 the good and safe pick would be one of these pass rushing olb to get to the qb and almost guarantee an early impact as with a receiver you really dont know when the kid will pan out. Then go receiver in the 2nd round and maybe later on in the draft as you can still get a playmaker in the 2nd. Dont draft a freakin safety at 12 please unless its Ed Reed or Sean Taylor.

circumstances
04-07-2010, 07:56 AM
i personally prefer eric berry to earl thomas (from what little i've seen), but i don't think he ever makes it to our pick.

it would be gratifying if we took earl thomas at 12, and he turned out to be the superior pro player. i went through the steve atwater-louis oliver draft, where oliver was supposed to go higher and denver picked atwater first. not that oliver was a bad player, but he was not steve atwater.

let's hope if we draft thomas this one will work in our favor. :)

d-day
04-07-2010, 08:00 AM
i personally prefer eric berry to earl thomas (from what little i've seen), but i don't think he ever makes it to our pick.

it would be gratifying if we took earl thomas at 12, and he turned out to be the superior pro player. i went through the steve atwater-louis oliver draft, where oliver was supposed to go higher and denver picked atwater first. not that oliver was a bad player, but he was not steve atwater.

let's hope if we draft thomas this one will work in our favor. :)

:err:

TheBow305
04-07-2010, 08:51 AM

You could be on to something here. I believe it was Mort who first reported that Jake Long was going to be our pick two years ago.

MadDog 88
04-07-2010, 09:14 AM
PARCELLS NEVER DRAFTS WRs OR HBs EARLY. Bye-bye DEZ and CJ.

Terry Glenn.

Additionally, this is Ireland's draft not Parcells. Ireland may pull the trigger on Dez if he is there at 12. Problem is I don't think we find out because I believe the Jags take him.

circumstances
04-07-2010, 06:08 PM
parcells didn't draft terry glenn. he was forced to take him by the owner. parcells wanted a defensive player, IIRC.

Chubby
04-07-2010, 06:39 PM
Terry Glenn.

Additionally, this is Ireland's draft not Parcells. Ireland may pull the trigger on Dez if he is there at 12. Problem is I don't think we find out because I believe the Jags take him.

Been saying this for some time, This is Irelands Draft imo. Yes he is a Parcells Clone but younger and understands the current state of the NFL. The whole small LB or no WR in the 1st parcells stuff goes out the window.
Chubbs

finfan54
04-08-2010, 06:30 AM
We are using Dez for trade down bait. thats why Mort is on the report. He is a useful idiot.