PDA

View Full Version : Clueless Journalism

AdamC13
04-07-2010, 01:39 AM
I just came across a piece in the Sporting New Draft 2010 magazine on page 18 in an article written about Dan Lefevour of Central Michigan titled "Poor man's Tebo could see NFL riches." The article is written by Rebecca Rudolph and it begins...

"It may have all started with Pat White, a 2009 draft pick for the Dolphins who played quarterback for West Virginia. White wasn't the typical strong-armed, hail-mary-type athlete you would find at quarterback. He could run, pass and catch the ball as well as anyone on the field. So when the Dolphins drafted him with the 44th overall pick, they made clear their intentions to use White not only at quarterback, but also as a receiver in the Wildcat formation.

With White's success in the NFL, teams are more open to drafting pure athletes they can develop for almost any offensive position , despite their experience at quarterback in college."

Are you friggen kidding me Rebecca? :lol:

This would be like me trying to write a piece on baking or fashion...two things I know NOTHING about.

Apparently Rebecca was absent the day in journalism school when they taught how to do a little research before putting it in print. And how does this get by an editor at the Sporting News? Unbelievable...can't believe I paid over $8 for this magazine...my bad!

Anyways, thought I would see if any of you have an example of "clueless journalism" regarding our players or the Dolphins organization like Rebecca's piece.

dolpns13
04-07-2010, 05:25 AM
i hope you sent little "rebecca" a post on how to be a woman journalist and STAY away from football

SebasMiamiFan
04-07-2010, 05:28 AM
:tumbleweed:

sharp
04-07-2010, 05:41 AM
is that rebecca or ted ginn? LOL they are females so they are interchangeable right?

Troysif
04-07-2010, 05:44 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

AdamC13
04-07-2010, 06:07 AM
If I had Rebecca's email address I would be sending her this link...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IAEgyrs1FI

marinotoclayton
04-07-2010, 06:46 AM
"It may have all started with Pat White, a 2009 draft pick for the Dolphins who played quarterback for West Virginia. White wasn't the typical strong-armed, hail-mary-type athlete you would find at quarterback. He could run, pass and catch the ball as well as anyone on the field. So when the Dolphins drafted him with the 44th overall pick, they made clear their intentions to use White not only at quarterback, but also as a receiver in the Wildcat formation.

With White's success in the NFL, teams are more open to drafting pure athletes they can develop for almost any offensive position , despite their experience at quarterback in college."

Apparently she had not watched many games in which White played in. I just want to know when the success part comes in with him in the game !!!

datruth55
04-07-2010, 05:31 PM

Here's the part that gets me. I'm pretty sure they asked Sparano at the news conference after the White pick if he would play WR and he said no, he's a quaterback.