PDA

View Full Version : will Earl Thomas be there at #12

allsilverdreams
04-07-2010, 04:44 AM
im starting to get the feeling that the fins want him at #12 .i think he could be the missing link in that secondary .he has all the tools but im not to sure he is still on the table when we pick at #12
what do you guys think?

MiZFiT
04-07-2010, 04:45 AM
What team has showed interest in him before the 12th pick?

allsilverdreams
04-07-2010, 04:48 AM
i think he will rise up the charts now that washington has their qb .i think it changes a few teams draft day picks one would be the browns ad perhaps the seahawks both need a ss or fs

MiZFiT
04-07-2010, 04:54 AM
i think he will rise up the charts now that washington has their qb .i think it changes a few teams draft day picks one would be the browns ad perhaps the seahawks both need a ss or fs

Redskins, Browns, and Seahawks all have huge problems with their O-line.

VA_Finfan
04-07-2010, 04:55 AM
I'm almost certain that he will be there at No. 12 but I'm just wondering that if we were to draft him, would he be a reach?

napsndreds
04-07-2010, 04:56 AM
not if dez is there.. we want dez

Ricky_Fan34
04-07-2010, 04:56 AM
If Earl Thomas isn't there, Eric berry will be. Highly doubt Earl Thomas will be off the board at 12.

allsilverdreams
04-07-2010, 05:01 AM
no way berry makes it past the 5th pick .i cant see him slipping that far no way

MiZFiT
04-07-2010, 05:03 AM
no way berry makes it past the 5th pick .i cant see him slipping that far no way

I think he was saying one will be there at 12. If Thomas is not, then Berry will be and the other way around.

SebasMiamiFan
04-07-2010, 05:04 AM
What makes you so sure? Do you work with the FO? It really seems like they are going to draft Earl Thomas. He's going to visit Miami for a 3rd time. The question I'm wondering is Thomas a reach at the 12th pick and should we trade down?

allsilverdreams
04-07-2010, 05:09 AM
i dont think i would say he is a reach ,i would have to say he would be the starter from day one plus an improvement on what we have right now .

napsndreds
04-07-2010, 05:19 AM
What makes so sure? Do you work with the FO? It really seems like they are going to draft Earl Thomas. He's going to visit Miami for a 3rd time. The question I'm wondering is Thomas a reach at the 12th pick and should we trade down?

Because Dez bryant is a better player. I dont think we necessarily need a HUGE upgrade at free safety. WR we need a huge upgrade at receiver.. If dez is there its a no brainer... ross will be happy, more tickets sold. Get a guy who is eager to prove and change his future i hope..I would only pick berry over bryant....Taylor Mays may be in the second round, nate allen, , major wright who we brought in.

ecudol-fan
04-07-2010, 05:20 AM
What makes you so sure? Do you work with the FO? It really seems like they are going to draft Earl Thomas. He's going to visit Miami for a 3rd time. The question I'm wondering is Thomas a reach at the 12th pick and should we trade down?

I don't think if we want to draft Thomas we trade down I think the teams that want to trade up to our pick are to low and Thomas would be gone in my opinion.

SebasMiamiFan
04-07-2010, 05:23 AM
Because Dez bryant is a better player. I dont think we necessarily need a HUGE upgrade at free safety. WR we need a huge upgrade at receiver.. If dez is there its a no brainer... ross will be happy, more tickets sold. Get a guy who is eager to prove and change his future i hope..I would only pick berry over bryant....Taylor Mays may be in the second round, nate allen, , major wright who we brought in.
I really like some of the 2nd round WR's like Tate and Benn. I don't want Bryant because of his attitude and I don't trust him. I think he's a big risk. I rather get a ball hawk FS that this team so desperately needs.

MiZFiT
04-07-2010, 05:23 AM

We gave up more points then we scored last season, on average. Draft defense and Thomas will fill the biggest hole in the defense right now.

SebasMiamiFan
04-07-2010, 05:25 AM
We gave up more points then we scored last season, on average. Draft defense and Thomas will fill the biggest hole in the defense right now.
Exactly.

Mage_Phin
04-07-2010, 05:26 AM

I hope you're not serious. First of all, we don't even have a free safety. So yeah, I would think we need a pretty big upgrade in that position. Also our secondary is MUCH, MUCH, MUCH worse than our offense. Not to mention free safety is a more important position than WR. Also Golden Tate, Demaryius Thomas, Arrelious Benn, Mardy Gilyard, Brandon Lafell, Eric Decker, Damian Thomas and a lot of other good WR prospects could be there in the second round.

napsndreds
04-07-2010, 05:27 AM

but is that the biggest need right there? I mean we got dansby, theres alot of guys Im sure we arent talking about that the FO is taking looks at. Its just my opinion bro. Dez is a playmaker. So is Thomas..I just think the whole offense changes with dez. The defense changed with dansby I dont think it is going to change because of thomas.

MiZFiT
04-07-2010, 05:31 AM
but is that the biggest need right there? I mean we got dansby, theres alot of guys Im sure we arent talking about that the FO is taking looks at. Its just my opinion bro. Dez is a playmaker. So is Thomas..I just think the whole offense changes with dez. The defense changed with dansby I dont think it is going to change because of thomas.

What? Thomas wouldnt change this defense? You are crazy. Sure Dez will change the offense but it is still a run first offense. This defense goes from having below average secondary to atleast average, maybe above with the addition of Thomas.

SebasMiamiFan
04-07-2010, 05:34 AM
What? Thomas wouldnt change this defense? You are crazy. Sure Dez will change the offense but it is still a run first offense. This defense goes from having below average secondary to atleast average, maybe above with the addition of Thomas.
It can actually be a good secondary if Thomas pans out because Bell, Davis, Smith, Allen, and Culver are all solid players. I think Bell and Davis are pro bowlers and I think Smith will be a beast next year, so he may be a pro bowler too. I have huge expectations for the secondary because I think Nolan will put a huge amount of pressure on the QB.

BradG
04-07-2010, 05:35 AM
there is too many teams before the 12th pick that have offensive issues qb,o-line and then u got the 2 big dt's i dont see him AND berry gone before the 12th

PogiRo
04-07-2010, 05:36 AM
I'm usually a ''defense... defense... defense'' kind of guy. I would be ecstatic with Thomas. But now that our QB of the future is our starting QB today, lets give him a proper WR core so he can develop right! Dez Bryant (if he's there)!

SebasMiamiFan
04-07-2010, 05:39 AM
I'm usually a ''defense... defense... defense'' kind of guy. I would be ecstatic with Thomas. But now that our QB of the future is our starting QB today, lets give him a proper WR core so he can develop right! Dez Bryant (if he's there)!
Parcells doesn't draft WR's in the 1st round. WR is a need, but it's not a desperate need. Our offense moved the ball very well last year, but our defense was atrocious. When we had long possessions and we scored, the defense would give up a score in less than 10 seconds.

mmikel30
04-07-2010, 05:44 AM
I'm almost certain that he will be there at No. 12 but I'm just wondering that if we were to draft him, would he be a reach?I don't understand why a team would meet an interview a player 3 times and not draft him....it would seem like a waste of time.

72champagne
04-07-2010, 05:47 AM
nothing that will be there at #12 is worth the pick, imo. hope we trade out of it.

Mr772
04-07-2010, 05:49 AM

I don't think Dez will fall to us. Even if he did I don't know we would take him. I think it will be Earl Thomas, Dan Williams, or Brandon Graham. I would prefer Dan out of those three. We have huge holes at all three posisitions so we can't go wrong with any of them. I think there will be some highly skilled WR's left in the second round that we may scoop up. But honestly we may get an athletic TE that could do just as much for this team as a big fast WR.

VA_Finfan
04-07-2010, 05:53 AM
I don't understand why a team would meet an interview a player 3 times and not draft him....it would seem like a waste of time.
i agree entirely. i want him, but i just think that he may be considered a reach if we were to take him....i don't know though

MiZFiT
04-07-2010, 05:54 AM
I don't think Dez will fall to us. Even if he did I don't know we would take him. I think it will be Earl Thomas, Dan Williams, or Brandon Graham. I would prefer Dan out of those three. We have huge holes at all three posisitions so we can't go wrong with any of them. I think there will be some highly skilled WR's left in the second round that we may scoop up. But honestly we may get an athletic TE that could do just as much for this team as a big fast WR.

I like Dan Williams but we have no FS, we have proven DT's in Ferguson and Soliai (and i know he isnt great) but he can do for now. FS is the biggest need right now.

MiZFiT
04-07-2010, 05:54 AM
i agree entirely. i want him, but i just think that he may be considered a reach if we were to take him....i don't know though

How is he a reach?

Bta72dolphins
04-07-2010, 06:05 AM
If Earl Thomas isn't there, Eric berry will be. Highly doubt Earl Thomas will be off the board at 12.

If Berry is available (which there is NO WAY) we better get him.

I have hang out with Berry sense i am a UT student and he talk about the interest in the Dolphins, he likes Florida always enjoyed games there. But he also said would not mine NE because of former teammates. Either way i cant wait to see him in a NFL uni i just hope NE does not some how cheats and snatch him up or any one else in our division that boy is going to be sick.

BradG
04-07-2010, 06:10 AM
my whole opinion on whether we should draft a NT,OLB, or FS is the fact that NT is not a glamorous position. a good NT takes on double and triple teams all day on the feild. i think that the draft has alot of depth a huge guys that can do this. thats why i think we should draft a FS or OLB first and second round and then look at WR and then look at NT.
perfect first four rounds for me are...1st-FS E.Thomas, 2nd-OLB J. Hughes, 3rd-WR M. Williams, 4th-i like J.Owens,C.Thomas,or Boo Robinson at NT

PogiRo
04-07-2010, 06:15 AM
To Cbast09 (on phone, can't quote)

No denying the weaknesses on D. In my opinion though, I think the Dolphins will better served in the long run by finally getting that #1 WR. WR's take time to develop, especially with a young QB. The Dolphins probably won't be serious contenders yet this year. But in 3 or 4 years they should. Right when Dez should take a big jump in production. Let's get our WR already!

And look at how many FS targets were and still are available this year. Rolle, Clark, Hamlin, Sharper... Seems to me that FS may be a little bit easier to fill thru FA. Sharper with the Saints and Dawkins with the Broncos show that u can plug in a vet FS and be fine. I can't think of any top teams picking up a WR in FA and it being all that successful.

Zounds
04-07-2010, 07:02 AM
There is a chance Thomas could be gone at #12. KC, Seattle, Cleveland, and Jax all need a safety. At least one of those teams will get Berry, and I could see Thomas going to Jax.

VA_Finfan
04-07-2010, 07:15 AM
How is he a reach?
i'm not saying he IS a reach but i'm just asking if #12 is reasonable for him? don't get me wrong, i want him as much as the next guy. just forget i ever said that haha

VA_Finfan
04-07-2010, 07:16 AM
There is a chance Thomas could be gone at #12. KC, Seattle, Cleveland, and Jax all need a safety. At least one of those teams will get Berry, and I could see Thomas going to Jax.
I was watching NFL Live today and Kiper said that he could see Jax picking up CJ Spiller. I don't know his reasoning behind that, but he said it. :chuckle:

Zounds
04-07-2010, 08:01 PM
I was watching NFL Live today and Kiper said that he could see Jax picking up CJ Spiller. I don't know his reasoning behind that, but he said it. :chuckle:

I think Jax will get Dez Bryant or Earl Thomas. I think they already have a pretty good RB.

Elliott 1
04-07-2010, 10:15 PM
Earl Thomas is the perfect fit for the Dolphins.

thejetssuck
04-07-2010, 10:33 PM
Parcells doesn't draft WR's in the 1st round. WR is a need, but it's not a desperate need. Our offense moved the ball very well last year, but our defense was atrocious. When we had long possessions and we scored, the defense would give up a score in less than 10 seconds.

News flash!!! Jeff Ireland is our GM and has final say over who we draft, NOT Parcells. Parcells would have "never draft a LT number 1", Parcells would have "never draft drafted a CB in the 1st round". Yet both happened. Why? Because it is Ireland who gets final say, Parcells just gives his opinion. I don't think BP would have hired Sparano or Ireland if he thought they were just gonna be a couple of spineless Yes Men. So please stop with all this what would/ what has Parcells done nonsense it is just getting REALLY irritating at this point.:crazy:

dr.jake
04-08-2010, 01:02 AM
im starting to get the feeling that the fins want him at #12 .i think he could be the missing link in that secondary .he has all the tools but im not to sure he is still on the table when we pick at #12
what do you guys think?

mos def. he's the #2 safety off the board in this draft. a position historically not highly selected. it'd be an interesting call if joe haden the consensus #1 cover corner in the draft and earl thomas the consensus second best safety are still on the board at #12. could come down to which dude is $cheaper$.