PDA

View Full Version : The Mockiest Mock

3rdandinches
04-07-2010, 09:54 AM
Trade J.Smiley OG to Seattle for a 4th round pick.

Trade R.Brown RB to SD for S.Merriman OLB - SD gets a talented veteran
RB and dumps Merriman who they've replaced with L.English. Merriman fills a hole at SOLB and now is over a year and a half over his injury. This is a win win for both franchises even if their short term answers.

Draft Day trade, 1(12) and T.Thigpen to Buffalo 1(9)

1. E.Berry FS - 6'0 211 4.40/40 When Berry falls we trade up to make sure no one else jumps ahead of us securing one of the best football players in the draft. A marriage made in heaven....BPA and biggest need for us.

2. T.Cody NT - 6'4 350 The purest 3/4 NT in the draft, shores up a need postion for us. Great value in the 2nd, Cody will give us a nice rotation for the playoff push when Fergy comes back.

3. J.Worilds OLB - 6'1 254 4.47/40 at pro day. Gives us depth at OLB, someone who can rotate in while developing behind S.Merriman. High motor, solid tackler, excellent off the edge, gets off blocks well and can cover aswell.

4. D.Pita TE - 6'4 245 Possibly the best pure receiving TE in the draft, hard worker and gets YAC. We really missed D.Martin last year and Pita fills another big hole in a rotation on offense. 3 year starter, team captain and already married (prove of maturity) alot of things this FO likes in a prospect (marriage optional I'm sure).

4. D.Karim RB - 5'9 210 4.37/40 Explosive back to split carries with R.Williams. Karim is also an excellent return man, he's someone that can take any carry/return to the house.

6. M.Johnson ILB - 6'2 256 A thumper in the middle, someone to really push Crowder to be better or replaced.

6. C.Butler CB - 6'0 191 4.41/40 A real nice combination of size and speed at CB.

6. B.Carter OG - 6'6 320 Depth, depth, depth

7. D.Bettis WR - 6'3 215 4.39/40 at proday, a guy who can light a fire under P.Turners butt to gove us a solid redzone threat.

7. K.Jolly OT - 6'6 312 Depth, depth, depth

7. A.Mullins NT - 6'1 321 Depth, depth, depth

I dreamed up that the draft looked some what like this... 1.Bradford, 2.Suh, 3.McCoy, 4.Okung, 5.Buluga, 6.Morgan, 7.Claussen, 8.McClain allowing Berry to fall. With Buffalo missing out on Claussen we trade Thigpen to them to reunite him with C.Gailey. Merriman for Brown helps both teams out trading injured players that fill needs for both teams.

This draft fills two huge needs at FS and NT while the Merriman trade gives us a proven stud at SOLB. Pita fills another big need in a pass catching TE to threaten the seems. Karim gives us a big play back to rotate with Williams/Hillard and Cobbs.

WR wasn't really addressed but I forsee Hartline continuing to improve and becoming our goto guy and I also see Turner getting his shot on Sundays. This may not be ideal for some fans but maybe the most realistic way we go into next offseason at the position.

tcolli17
04-07-2010, 10:20 AM
Awesome Mock. Only way it could get better is if we were to pick Mike Williams in the 4th instead of the RB you have us picking.

Nawledge
04-07-2010, 10:31 AM
i dont really see how trading Ronnie for Merriman works in our favor? Merriman sucks since he got caught doing roids.

NoblePhin
04-07-2010, 10:59 AM
I like your mock, but we would lose our primary go to guy on offense and haven't really added anyone to replace that. I hope Hartline continues his progression and Turner gets his shot, but if you are going to trade our only commodity on offense, we should draft a playmaker within the first three rounds. I also don't know if thiggy is enough to move up 3 spots. If we didn't trade ronnie and just resigned JT I would be all for this mock.

3rdandinches
04-07-2010, 01:19 PM
i dont really see how trading Ronnie for Merriman works in our favor? Merriman sucks since he got caught doing roids.

Merriman started to play well in the second half of the season which just happened to be a year after surgery. We need SOLB help and most likely no OLB in the draft will help us much this year as history has shown with rookies at OLB.

3rdandinches
04-07-2010, 01:26 PM
I like your mock, but we would lose our primary go to guy on offense and haven't really added anyone to replace that. I hope Hartline continues his progression and Turner gets his shot, but if you are going to trade our only commodity on offense, we should draft a playmaker within the first three rounds. I also don't know if thiggy is enough to move up 3 spots. If we didn't trade ronnie and just resigned JT I would be all for this mock.

We lose "our primary go to guy" every year, we actually played well offensively after Brown went out. It was the defense that let us down over and over again. Merriman helps that vastly, Williams/Hillard and Cobbs can handle the load missing by trading Ronnie.

History shows rookie OLB's don't produce much in thier first year and Merriman can turn a weakness into a strength.

Too many people are hung up on Brown, the guy is a good back that we can't count on for an entire season. If we we're lucky enough to get an opportunity to get real value for him we need to jump all over it. If not then next year we will not only miss Brown when he's injured again but having no true SOLB will cause the defense to struggle again.

Having Merriman and Wake on the outside with Dansby and Crowder inside gives M.Nolan plenty of different looks to rush the passer.

ry-dbar
04-07-2010, 01:39 PM
didn't Merriman and Taylor have beef? Wonder how that would go over if he were to join the team. Good Mock on a side note.

3rdandinches
04-07-2010, 02:45 PM
didn't Merriman and Taylor have beef? Wonder how that would go over if he were to join the team. Good Mock on a side note.

I'm certain if JT is retained he will be happy as can be no matter who's on the team.

MP-Omnis
04-07-2010, 04:15 PM
I would eat my shoe if this happened. Great draft.

Orlando Fan
04-07-2010, 04:27 PM
Not bad at all, I would be happy if it happens, there has been some talk about a possible trade for Brown with SD, Could be Merriman maybe Jackson?????

j-off-her-doll
04-07-2010, 05:45 PM
I'd trade Brown for Merriman in 2 seconds.