PDA

View Full Version : Updated Matt McGuire mock

emeraldfin
04-07-2010, 08:04 PM
Would be pretty happy with this.....

12. Miami Dolphins: Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma State
Everything that Tony Sparano and Jeff Ireland has done in Miami (because I think they don't get enough credit for running the show - all given to Bill Parcells) has centered around Chad Henne. They really believe in him and they want their offense to succeed. They picked Jake Long No. 1 overall, solidified the running game, drafted receivers and really made an effort to building around him. Henne is now the guy and he needs a No. 1 target. Maybe Miami passes up on Bryant if they feel like he is a character concern, but he has a lot of talent and receiver is one of the top two needs on the board. With Dan Williams and Pierre-Paul off the board, this pick makes the most sense from a need and talent perspective. I don't think they will draft Earl Thomas here because they spent two top picks on defensive backs last year. I see Miami diversifying their investments and re-emphasizing the offensive side of the football in this scenario. Pierre-Paul and Dan Williams are in the pick range if they are on the board.

Pick Change; previously Jason Pierre-Paul, DE/OLB

43. Miami Dolphins: Sergio Kindle, DE/OLB, Texas
The Dolphins are desperate for a pass rusher off the edge.

Pick Change; previously Demaryius Thomas, WR

73. Miami Dolphins: Cam Thomas, NT, North Carolina
Miami fills a huge need at nose tackle. Thomas has enjoyed a very good offseason at the Senior Bowl and Combine.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2010matt.php

SR 7
04-07-2010, 09:59 PM
LOVE it.

outlawd2u
04-07-2010, 10:04 PM
I really couldn't be any happier if this was how our first three rounds shaped up.

SR 7
04-07-2010, 10:06 PM
I wouldn't take Thomas though, I'd take a TE or a SOLB.

bryan
04-07-2010, 10:17 PM
Add a Safety in the 4th and compared to last year.......I will drink with joy instead of shock.

#1dolphinsfan
04-07-2010, 10:38 PM
I would love that to happen i dont see Kindle or Thomas falling that far but if they do i will be very happy

Playmaker76
04-07-2010, 11:13 PM
This is best case scenario. I don't see Kindle and Thomas slipping that far. If this is how it turns out a "Trifecta" statue should be erected outside the stadium.

Playmaker76
04-07-2010, 11:14 PM
A more realistic mock would be
1.Dez
2.Worilds
3.Torrell Troup

I would be happy with that.

GoonBoss
04-07-2010, 11:15 PM
I'd love that.

Troysif
04-07-2010, 11:15 PM
That is an awesome draft. I think there is very little chance of it turning out that way though.

TXFinFan
04-08-2010, 01:00 AM
Wow! Love it!

PhinsTD
04-08-2010, 01:12 AM
I dislike any mock that has us using a top-3 round pick on a NT. A position they would play less than 50% of the downs, and occupy a third roster spot for a player playing less than 50% of downs. A position we have at least three options before Fergy even gets back from suspension.

Replace Cam Thomas with a LG, then take Chancellor in the 4th, and we all rejoice. Even if we have to give KC a couple of 6ths to move from 43 to 36 and get Kindle or Hughes since I don't think either falls to 43, and KC doesn't pick after round 5, it's probably more realistic that way.

Aqua and Orange
04-08-2010, 01:53 AM
This would be a great draft.

Perhaps it's just the way things have gone in recent memory...Ginn...Pat White...even Hartline...but I can't help but feel there will be at least one pick in the top 4 rounds that has everyone in our fanbase going, "Wait, they drafted WHO?!"