PDA

View Full Version : RZA Mock Draft 2010

RZA
04-08-2010, 03:17 AM
Here it is, this draft has some hotheads but they are in my opinion low-risk high rewards prospects...

1 Brandon Graham, OLB, Michigan

No brainer, we have a huge gaping Brandon Graham sized hole at SOLB, he will make us forget that other fella who used to wear #55. Graham will start and make an instant impact. Dez Bryant is here but we do not take the risk, Simon Clancy's analysis on Graham has sold him to me 100%.

2 Nate Allen, FS, South Florida

We need a centrefielder and Allen has all of the tools. I still expect us to pick up Ken Hamlin until Nate is ready but he will see the field. He is a leader and a playmaker and exactly what we need.

3 Jimmy Graham, TE, Miami

A reach at 3? maybe but we are lucky he is still here, if Jimmy is the next Antonio Gates then I want him. Will require to learn the nuances of the position but again I expect him to see the field. He has a home-run threat lacking at TE.

4 Mike Williams, WR, Syracuse

The first of the headcases in this mock. I beleive either Bryant is there at #12 but we don't pick him. Mike Williams has a very similar skill set (as well as even more red flags) but if his head can be screwed on he has all the tools to be elite.

5 Jeff Owens, NT, Georgia (pick from J. Smiley trade)

A nose to groom for the future. Bench pressed the world at the combine and whilst I also like Troup I think he's gone at this point.

6 LeGarrette Blount, HB, Oregon

Headcase number two. Teams will shy away from him because of what he did but he can move the pile. Not the fastest but we need to prepare for the future without the R&R Express.

6 Micah Johnson, ILB, Kentucky

Two-down thumper with limited speed. Is almost too jacked and if he lost some bulk he might gain some more quickness. Does not miss tackles and can be groomed to start in the future.

6 Austin Spitler, ILB, Ohio State

Tuna loves him, he will be a special teams freak initially and could offer more in time. Take this to the bank, Spitler WILL be a Dolphin.

7 Nolan Carroll, CB, Maryland

Big, rangy corner who can contribute in special teams. One to be groomed for the future and stashed in the Practise Squad.

7 Preston Parker, WR/KR/PR, FSU

The final loose cannon. Again real potential to be a solid pro if he can grasp the concept of being a professional. If we move Ginn could make the team as a returner initially. A low risk pick if he flips out on South beach.

7 Shelley Smith, OG, Colorado State

Solid mauler who needs refined but could be stashed on the Practice Squad to learn.

Summary

Dez Bryant is there but we don't take him. He is too high a risk at #12 and if we are risking a pick on a reciever with flags my view is let it be a fourth rounder on Mike Williams whom apparently we love.

Also, a home-run threat at WR is not vital in this offence. Sure the dink and dunk is frustrating but with Henne still developing I think Hartline and Ginn (yes, I still believe!) can be deep threats and I am not giving up of Patrick Turner just yet. Jimmy Graham gives Henne a TE who can take it to the house which should open things up.

The main fix here is Defence. Linebacker is set assuming Cameron Wake can become a starter. Spitler and Johnson are backups but I see Johnson taking Crowders position in time.

Wake Dansby Crowder Graham --- looks real good to me!

The secondary gets its leader in waiting in Nate Allen. Fergie has another protege to mould in Owens.

The other picks augment the roster and most will make the PS. Blount and Carroll have potential to make the 53 man roster depending on Cobbs status and how many corners we carry.

So, let the analysis begin....

Ozfin77
04-08-2010, 03:23 AM
I've never seen you on here before, but I'm lovin' the way you think!!!....lol!!

One of the best mocks I've seen on this board all year. The only thing that would make it better IMO would be to see Iowa's A.J. Edds in there somewhere, but regardless, nice work.

VT Dolphan
04-08-2010, 03:27 AM
You lost me when you said you still believe in Ginn.

Seriously though, pretty good mock that I could definitely live with. Don't get me wrong though, if Bryant is there and we pass on him for Graham I will be pretty livid. Is Bryant a risk? Of course, but I think he is head and shoulders above any WR in this draft and could definitely be a perennial pro-bowler. I would also rather have Spiller or Earl Thomas at 12, but Graham definitely fills a need and has a pretty high floor.

#1dolphinsfan
04-08-2010, 03:30 AM
I would rather have kindle over Graham but I don't mind the rest

DcRy82
04-08-2010, 03:30 AM
If every one of these draft picks lived up to their potential... This mock would make me poop rainbows...

FinSolari
04-08-2010, 03:32 AM
Great mock but if Bryant is still there then you have to go with Bryant because of BPA.

Playmaker76
04-08-2010, 03:36 AM
Nice mock. Keep in mind Mike Williams is moving up draft boards and he will not get out of round three. So if you want him you gotta take him with our 3rd rounder.

No1Phinatic
04-08-2010, 03:41 AM
Nice mock. What about Bryant at 12 and use that 4th on Edds? Although you made the most valid argument against him at 12 I think I've seen to date.

RZA
04-08-2010, 03:47 AM
My view is we need another WR and Mike Williams fits the bill. watching film of him I see a little TO mixed with some Anquan Boldin. If necessary we pick him at #3, bottom line I want him here.

Given Fasano is back TE is not pressing but we could use someone like Jimmy Graham. Most mock have Jimmy Graham going in round 3 or 4 so you can flip flop the 3rd and 4th picks and keep your fingers crossed!

The draft is all about potential and of course there are no guarantees but I've deliberatly picked some guys who's stock has fallen for a various reasons and who might just want to put the record straight.

And for the record, I wanted Dez Bryant up until a week ago but my feeling is the risk is too great at #12. Even if he becomes a pro-bowler he is likely going to need some time to get up to speed and there are some exceptional recievers coming out next year if its still a need.

This mock fixes the Defence, bottom line. It also gives us real potential in Jimmy Graham and Mike Williams reducing the needs next season which in all probability will be the season we are ready to contend.

Ozfin77
04-08-2010, 04:41 AM
My view is we need another WR and Mike Williams fits the bill. watching film of him I see a little TO mixed with some Anquan Boldin. If necessary we pick him at #3, bottom line I want him here.

Given Fasano is back TE is not pressing but we could use someone like Jimmy Graham. Most mock have Jimmy Graham going in round 3 or 4 so you can flip flop the 3rd and 4th picks and keep your fingers crossed!

The draft is all about potential and of course there are no guarantees but I've deliberatly picked some guys who's stock has fallen for a various reasons and who might just want to put the record straight.

And for the record, I wanted Dez Bryant up until a week ago but my feeling is the risk is too great at #12. Even if he becomes a pro-bowler he is likely going to need some time to get up to speed and there are some exceptional recievers coming out next year if its still a need.

This mock fixes the Defence, bottom line. It also gives us real potential in Jimmy Graham and Mike Williams reducing the needs next season which in all probability will be the season we are ready to contend.

Bingo!!....Exactly what I've been saying for months!

Brandon Graham HAS to be the man in Round 1.

MiamiDolfan85
04-08-2010, 04:58 AM
Graham would be an excellent pick in the 3rd round,but Omar heard confirmations that Baltimore and Minnesota will "without a doubt" take Graham in the late 2nd round,sould he fall to either one.Theres a very possible chance that if Miami really covets Jimmy Graham like I think they do,they have to use the 43rd overall on him.

Which is definately a possiblity,cause cbssports.com is a very accurate rating website for NFL praft prospects,and have Jimmy listed as a 2nd round,whose stock is on the rise,and could possibly sneak itno the latter part of round 1.

Danny
04-08-2010, 05:38 AM
Here it is, this draft has some hotheads but they are in my opinion low-risk high rewards prospects...

1 Brandon Graham, OLB, Michigan

No brainer, we have a huge gaping Brandon Graham sized hole at SOLB, he will make us forget that other fella who used to wear #55. Graham will start and make an instant impact. Dez Bryant is here but we do not take the risk, Simon Clancy's analysis on Graham has sold him to me 100%.

2 Nate Allen, FS, South Florida

We need a centrefielder and Allen has all of the tools. I still expect us to pick up Ken Hamlin until Nate is ready but he will see the field. He is a leader and a playmaker and exactly what we need.

3 Jimmy Graham, TE, Miami

A reach at 3? maybe but we are lucky he is still here, if Jimmy is the next Antonio Gates then I want him. Will require to learn the nuances of the position but again I expect him to see the field. He has a home-run threat lacking at TE.

4 Mike Williams, WR, Syracuse

The first of the headcases in this mock. I beleive either Bryant is there at #12 but we don't pick him. Mike Williams has a very similar skill set (as well as even more red flags) but if his head can be screwed on he has all the tools to be elite.

5 Jeff Owens, NT, Georgia (pick from J. Smiley trade)

A nose to groom for the future. Bench pressed the world at the combine and whilst I also like Troup I think he's gone at this point.

6 LeGarrette Blount, HB, Oregon

Headcase number two. Teams will shy away from him because of what he did but he can move the pile. Not the fastest but we need to prepare for the future without the R&R Express.

6 Micah Johnson, ILB, Kentucky

Two-down thumper with limited speed. Is almost too jacked and if he lost some bulk he might gain some more quickness. Does not miss tackles and can be groomed to start in the future.

6 Austin Spitler, ILB, Ohio State

Tuna loves him, he will be a special teams freak initially and could offer more in time. Take this to the bank, Spitler WILL be a Dolphin.

7 Nolan Carroll, CB, Maryland

Big, rangy corner who can contribute in special teams. One to be groomed for the future and stashed in the Practise Squad.

7 Preston Parker, WR/KR/PR, FSU

The final loose cannon. Again real potential to be a solid pro if he can grasp the concept of being a professional. If we move Ginn could make the team as a returner initially. A low risk pick if he flips out on South beach.

7 Shelley Smith, OG, Colorado State

Solid mauler who needs refined but could be stashed on the Practice Squad to learn.

Summary

Dez Bryant is there but we don't take him. He is too high a risk at #12 and if we are risking a pick on a reciever with flags my view is let it be a fourth rounder on Mike Williams whom apparently we love.

Also, a home-run threat at WR is not vital in this offence. Sure the dink and dunk is frustrating but with Henne still developing I think Hartline and Ginn (yes, I still believe!) can be deep threats and I am not giving up of Patrick Turner just yet. Jimmy Graham gives Henne a TE who can take it to the house which should open things up.

The main fix here is Defence. Linebacker is set assuming Cameron Wake can become a starter. Spitler and Johnson are backups but I see Johnson taking Crowders position in time.

Wake Dansby Crowder Graham --- looks real good to me!

The secondary gets its leader in waiting in Nate Allen. Fergie has another protege to mould in Owens.

The other picks augment the roster and most will make the PS. Blount and Carroll have potential to make the 53 man roster depending on Cobbs status and how many corners we carry.

So, let the analysis begin....

I wouldn't cry with that draft tho I also do want us to take Bryant if he's there at 12 and get the OLB next but overall pretty realistic where you have the players going tho the TE and Williams might be gone before we pick......they could both go in round 3 before we pick.

Ozzy rules!!

#1dolphinsfan
04-08-2010, 06:11 AM
Graham would be an excellent pick in the 3rd round,but Omar heard confirmations that Baltimore and Minnesota will "without a doubt" take Graham in the late 2nd round,sould he fall to either one.Theres a very possible chance that if Miami really covets Jimmy Graham like I think they do,they have to use the 43rd overall on him.

Which is definately a possiblity,cause cbssports.com is a very accurate rating website for NFL praft prospects,and have Jimmy listed as a 2nd round,whose stock is on the rise,and could possibly sneak itno the latter part of round 1.
That is way to high for him IMO i dont want us to touch him before the fourth round if he was on any other team and only had 17 catchs in his career he would be going undrafted i dont see any reason why he should be picked above the fourth round besides the fact of what he has done in SHORTS which means nothing to me.

mmikel30
04-08-2010, 06:18 AM

Which is definately a possiblity,cause cbssports.com is a very accurate rating website for NFL praft prospects,and have Jimmy listed as a 2nd round,whose stock is on the risjimmt e,and could possibly sneak itno the latter part of round 1.
Jimmy Grahm will not sneak into round one bet on that!

Aqua and Orange
04-08-2010, 06:59 AM
Good mock. Seems to address our needs and we get our WR in Mike Williams later.

I'm still holding out hope we draft Dez, but there is a shot he is gone by the time we pick anyways.

3rdandinches
04-08-2010, 07:07 AM

Graham in the 2nd to me is a joke, the 1st should get people fired because that's a disgusting reach. I've had him in the 3rd and I still think that's a reach. Way to many people assume he is Gates part 2 just because of some measueables and the basketball background.

He's full of potential, I don't deny that but that doesn't mean he'll ever amount to anything in the NFL. There's no way we take him in the 2nd, there's no resume from Graham to speak of, something the FO really likes to have for their picks not 1 year players.

My useless opinion of course but I would be disappointed if we picked him in the 2nd.

krosston
04-09-2010, 01:32 AM
I like the picks, but the Dolphins organization better beef up the mental health services through their EAP program.

krosston
04-09-2010, 01:33 AM
And their anger management classes.

Fin_Frenzy_84
04-09-2010, 08:26 AM
I like it!!! It fills all of are needs and is very realistic but if freddie barnes is there in 7th or 6th take him he will be good...

TheBow305
04-09-2010, 09:23 AM
Unrealistic first rounder, but the rest looks great!