PDA

View Full Version : Son Files Harassment Charges Against Mother for Facebook Posts

BAMAPHIN 22
04-08-2010, 06:13 PM
An Arkadelphia mother is charged with harassment for making entries on her son's Facebook page.

Denise New's 16 year old son filed charges against her last month and requested a no contact order after he claims she posted slanderous entries about him on the social networking site. New says she was just trying to monitor what he was posting.

http://www.katv.com/news/stories/0410/723100.html

Myles Fynch
04-08-2010, 06:29 PM
New's son lives with his grandmother who has custodial rights, but New maintains she'd had a great relationship with him despite their living arrangements.I'm not a lawyer so I don't know for sure, but if the grandmother has custody does the non-custodial mother still have the right to access things like a Facebook account for her 16 year old son? Especially since he didn't give her his password, she got it through other means.

(Denise New, Arkadelphia) "You're within your legal rights to monitor your child and to have a conversation with your child on Facebook whether it's his account, or your account or whoever's account. It's crazy to me that we're even having this interview."The article doesn't say what she wrote, but if she changed his password, deleted entries, and "posted slanderous entries about him on the social networking site" I have a problem with that. It's not happening in her house, it's the grandmother's. The reasons why the grandmother has custody instead of the mother are not mentioned.

It will be interesting to see if other articles on this story in the coming days sheds more light on some of these issues.

PhinzN703
04-08-2010, 09:25 PM
So she logged in as him and talked **** or she talked **** as 'his friend'?

Clipse
04-09-2010, 02:03 AM
Pretty sad this is what our society has become.

X-Pacolypse
04-12-2010, 01:47 AM
Pretty sad this is what our society has become.

Ain't that the truth?