PDA

View Full Version : Dez Bryant fans may get their wish

normaniii
04-08-2010, 07:10 PM
Let me say first off, I work nights and have a lot of free time :ponder:

I was doing my latest mock and decided to search in depth the players and positions teams have met and scheduled meets with. It went something like this:-

1 - Rams - Sam Bradford Sam Bradford
2 - Lions - Numerous meets with both Suh & McCoy and scheduled with Okung & T.Williams. I think the meets with Tackles are just to confirm they go with either Suh or McCoy.
3 - Bucs - This is a surprise. Only scheduled meet with McCoy, but have already met both JPP & D.Morgan who they seem to be very interested in. What surprises me more is that they have not met with any 2nd round DE prospects. More intriguing they have scheduled a meet with late 1st, high 2nd round prospect Brian Price.
4 - Skins - Met with DT above but also Top 3 tackles.
5 - Cheifs - Another surprise. They have met mainly with all the 1st and 2nd round Safety & ILB prospects. Only scheduled meets with OT. Also, Crennel has put Berry and McClain through workouts.
6 - Seahawks - Met Derrick Morgan, Iupati and C.Brown.Scheduled meet with Tebow. Reportadly very interested in Morgan & C.Brown.
7 - Browns - Met with most 1st & 2nd round Corner & Safety prospects & Odrick. Since signing S.Brown rumour is they are high on Odrick and Safety.
8 - Oakland - Read article where Raiders have met numerous times with 10 of the last 11 1st round drafts. Rumour is they want to trade down and have not had any meets with 1st round prospects.
9 - Bills - Met with Clausen/Tebow & CJ Spiller. CJ Spiller seems to be main interest and rumour's persist about trading Lynch.
10 - Jags - Meets with most of 1st & 2nd round ILB & CB.
11 - Broncos - Met with Odrick, Alualu and scheduled meet with Brian Price and Dez Bryant.

I know people are going to say, this is all bluff and poker play, but this does not happen with your 1st round pick, especially top 10 picks.

If the draft did pan out in line with meets, it would look something like this:-

1 - Rams - Bradford
2 - Lions - Suh/McCoy .....IMO Suh.
3 - Bucs - G.McCoy/Suh. They seem really high on D.Morgan whom they have met and have even met JPP and scheduled meet with Brian Price for 2nd round pick. I expect attempt to trade down but they do have scheduled meet with McCoy whom surely they have to draft.
4 - Skins - Okung with McNabb trade this is a given.
5 - Cheifs - Berry - Its either Berry or McClain and IMO Berry is better value here.
6 - Hawks - D.Morgan
7 - Browns - Earl Thomas. As stated above they have met most 1st and 2nd round CB and safety's. With S.Brown now on board they go after whom many believe to be the best safety on the board.
8 - Al Davis - Trade Trade Trade but if not I expect Campbell. Gill Brandt has him rated in the Top 10 players available?????????
9 - Bills - CJ Spiller.
10 - Jags - Haden. IMO its Haden or McClain. I know Cox played well but they are in same division as Colts and need 3 good Corners.
11 - Broncos - Odrick
12 - Dez Bryant. I think the Dolphins board goes, Earl Thomas - D.Morgan - Dez Bryant. I would be delighted.

I would be very shocked to see it pan out this way but the idea of finally having a big physical receiver with a chip on his shoulder wanting to prove everyone wrong.....sounds good in my books.

TrinidadDolfan
04-08-2010, 07:14 PM
looks like our biggest worry would be the Broncos.

THAT hinges on Marshall.

If he is traded, then Dez could very well be their pick. If Marshall is there they will not go WR.

Fingers crossed...........

finfan54
04-09-2010, 05:09 AM
your biggest worry is parcells

#1dolphinsfan
04-09-2010, 05:27 AM
I think the lions should and will go OL Okung but i hope you are right that Bryant falls to us

#1dolphinsfan
04-09-2010, 05:28 AM
looks like our biggest worry would be the Broncos.

THAT hinges on Marshall.

If he is traded, then Dez could very well be their pick. If Marshall is there they will not go WR.

Fingers crossed...........
I wouldnt be sure they would go WR even if they trade marshall i think they will be going defense

Aqua and Orange
04-09-2010, 06:58 AM
your biggest worry is parcells

Agreed. I think most of us agree the chances of Dez dropping to 12 are about 50/50...but whether we take him is another thing.
:ohno::ohno::ohno::ohno::ohno:

3rdandinches
04-09-2010, 07:03 AM
Bills go OT or QB not Spiller.