PDA

View Full Version : The Broncos like Bryant

COphinphan89
04-08-2010, 09:49 PM
The Denver Post confirms that the Broncos consider Oklahoma State WR Dez Bryant a top 10 talent in the draft.
Most teams do. Conventional wisdom has the Broncos hesitant do draft Bryant after dealing with Brandon Marshall's shenanigans. Bryant's character concerns have been overblown, however, and he's nowhere near the quadruple threat (arrests, suspension risk, loafing, and me-first attitude) of Marshall. Bryant also won't require the $10M per year that Marshall is seeking.
Source: Denver Post (http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/04/08/character-issue-chris-baker-dez-bryant/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+dp-blogs-broncos+%28Denver+Post%3A+Sports%3A+Broncos%3)
Related: Broncos (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/clubhouse_relatednews.aspx?sport=NFL&majteam=DEN)

Looks like he may not fall to us after all. :hi5:

Thumper1016
04-08-2010, 09:58 PM
Well I hope does but I am torn between several players so it wont matter much to me if he is gone when we pick.

MiamiDolfan85
04-08-2010, 10:00 PM
good....we need to fix the NFL's worst 4th quarter defense from last season anyways....

SR 7
04-08-2010, 10:02 PM
what about one of the NFLs worst WR core ?
at least the defense crumbled in the 4th..something that can be fixed, unlike a WR core that sucked for the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th quarters.

Aqua and Orange
04-08-2010, 10:09 PM
I would be a little upset if he got taken before us, but it's not like we only have one hole on our team so as a fan you just shrug your shoulders and carry on.

I WOULD be annoyed if we passed on him when he was available. I'm going to be hoping against footage of Dez answering his phone on TV until we pick this year.

ckparrothead
04-08-2010, 10:25 PM
If he gets taken before our pick...there's not much we can do about that. We could trade up but the price would have to make sense.

foozool13
04-08-2010, 10:25 PM
I kind of wouldnt mind Dez getting taken before us...it would really take a lot of pressure off our front office when we pick.

Roman529
04-08-2010, 10:42 PM
Looks like he may not fall to us after all. :hi5:

WASSUP C Springs!!! :up: I think the Broncos will keep Brandon Marshall so going after Dez Bryant wouldn't make any sense. I think the Broncos first pick will be on defense.

Yessir
04-08-2010, 10:44 PM
Dez Bryant was never going to fall to 12. Anyone believing all this talk of charcter issues and such. All smokescreens. Don't be suprised to see Bryant off board in the top 5. Guy is Calvin Johnson 2.0.

datruth55
04-08-2010, 10:48 PM
at least the defense crumbled in the 4th..something that can be fixed, unlike a WR core that sucked for the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th quarters.
I wouldn't say we had the worst WR corp in the NFL. We did rank 20th in passing and that's with a 1st year starter at QB who they didn't even let pass the ball much for his first 3 games.

Oakland, Tampa Bay, Kansas City, St. Louis and Cleveland have much worse WR corp than we do regardless of the stats.

I would just say that our WR corp is not complete. We need a physical #1 WR to complete the corp. I would say we have plenty of #2s and #3s on the roster...and one dead beat named Patrick Turner.

hooshoops
04-08-2010, 10:55 PM
what's with the :hi5: on us possibly missing out on a top talent??? that makes zero sense...

anyways...this wr core doesn't scare anyone in its present state...i mean would you be afraid of our current wr core if you were a dc???

heck no...

COphinphan89
04-08-2010, 10:56 PM
WASSUP C Springs!!! :up: I think the Broncos will keep Brandon Marshall so going after Dez Bryant wouldn't make any sense. I think the Broncos first pick will be on defense.
Haha. Springs FTW! Yeah unfortunately they can't find any takers so they're "stuck" with him. Bummer. I kinda wanted him in Miami.

MiamiDolfan85
04-08-2010, 11:00 PM
trust me...we aint got nothing on St. Louis....

datruth55
04-08-2010, 11:09 PM
what's with the :hi5: on us possibly missing out on a top talent??? that makes zero sense...

anyways...this wr core doesn't scare anyone in its present state...i mean would you be afraid of our current wr core if you were a dc???

heck no...
It doesn't scare anyone because there isn't anyone on it who has proven to be consistant at this point. That's part of having a very young group of receivers. Most teams played a safety deep to guard against long passes to Ginn and had the linebackers play the short stuff to Bess. You don't really need a lot of game planning for that.

The problem last year was Ginn regressed. He didn't take the leap most WRs take in their 3rd year and at this point he is what he is. Camarillo was coming off of injury but still displayed some of the surest hands on the team he just didn't have the quickness he had before the injury. Bess is Bess, he catches most everything but doesn't get any YAC. Hartline I think is a guy that could make a significant jump in consistancy and play. He has the quickness, toughness and hands to be a threat in the passing game. Turner is useless and I wouldn't be surprised to see him traded or cut if/when we draft another receiver.

Dolfan1000
04-08-2010, 11:15 PM
Worst WRs in the league? Maybe. But last I checked there was a point where we scored more than 30 points in four straight games, with a rookie quarterback no less. If our defense played last year like it did in '08, we probably get to 9 or 10 wins again. WR is a need, but OLB, NT and FS are as well. Really can't go wrong with any of them.

PhinsTD
04-08-2010, 11:15 PM
I read that and all I read it say was they considered him a top-10 talent. I imagine all teams consider him that type of talent.

I didn't read anywhere it saying they like him enough to take him, and if they do, we'll be fine with Graham or Thomas, one of whom will be there.

TrinidadDolfan
04-08-2010, 11:25 PM
If he gets taken before our pick...there's not much we can do about that. We could trade up but the price would have to make sense.

According to the Draft Chart, it would take us a high 4th to jump from #12 to #10.

That's not a high price to grab Dez. What do you think?

TrinidadDolfan
04-08-2010, 11:32 PM
I kind of wouldnt mind Dez getting taken before us...it would really take a lot of pressure off our front office when we pick.

I hear ya....

But, as far as I'm concerned Ireland/Sparano & Co. are paid very well. They can handle some pressure.

JT-forpresident
04-08-2010, 11:36 PM
I don't see many players that would get the nod in denver aside from Bryant...

With McDaniels as their head man, it's all about offence over there... the only other player they would look at IMO is C.J. Spiller

my two cents

Scout72
04-08-2010, 11:38 PM
Let them like Bryant, i could care less. I like Golden Tate or Deymarious Thomas.:up:

Aqua and Orange
04-08-2010, 11:52 PM
According to the Draft Chart, it would take us a high 4th to jump from #12 to #10.

That's not a high price to grab Dez. What do you think?

Our #4 pick is the 12th in that round, which is still high enough to grab a quality player that slips from the 3rd. I personally would rather hang onto it and get Thomas or Graham at 12 if Dez is gone.

victacious
04-09-2010, 12:45 AM
If you are not in the top 10 ...you suck!!! Go get dez!

jlfin
04-09-2010, 01:07 AM
I wouldn't say we had the worst WR corp in the NFL. We did rank 20th in passing and that's with a 1st year starter at QB who they didn't even let pass the ball much for his first 3 games.

Oakland, Tampa Bay, Kansas City, St. Louis and Cleveland have much worse WR corp than we do regardless of the stats.

I would just say that our WR corp is not complete. We need a physical #1 WR to complete the corp. I would say we have plenty of #2s and #3s on the roster...and one dead beat named Patrick Turner.

Voice of reason for a change. We have a solid group of WR's. They are smart, run good routes and have good hands (except for Ginn).
Some of the people posting here act as if this is a ONE legit WR draft.
The FO can address WR in the 2nd or 3rd rd. One above average WR would make the rest of the guys MUCH better.

miami71
04-09-2010, 01:30 AM
Why would Denver want Dez? They have his twin now! Brandon Marshall

VT Dolphan
04-09-2010, 01:35 AM
Why would Denver want Dez? They have his twin now! Brandon Marshall

Yeah, except Bryant isn't a wife-beating P.O.S. excuse for a human.

miami71
04-09-2010, 01:38 AM
Yeah, except Bryant isn't a wife-beating P.O.S. excuse for a human.
Not yet anyway!

SRM
04-09-2010, 01:47 AM
I do like Bryant but I would rather go with Earl Thomas and take a risk on a later round receiver than go Bryant and take a risk on a later round safety.

JFoxx
04-09-2010, 01:49 AM
Broncos are just trying to smoke-screen like everyone else. Do you really think (regardless if they keep or ship out Marshall) they are going to draft another potential Marshall in Dez ??? I don't think anyone is going to buy that one. They just want other teams who might want him to try and deal to move up to their spot. Kind of like we've been doing by bringing in certain guys a LOT or talking them up pretty high. Keeps everyone guessing and the interested teams talking.

COphinphan89
04-09-2010, 01:57 AM
Of course if Denver does end up dealing Marshall, they'll wait til close to draft night if not on draft night itself in order to not tip their hand too early.

Zandimd
04-09-2010, 02:07 AM
Let them take Dez, thats one less team that will take Thomas or graham :)