PDA

View Full Version : Purdue QB Joey Elliott spending tonight and tomorrow with Dolphins

Nublar7
04-12-2010, 02:28 AM
http://tristatehomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=147165

Fox Seven Sports has learned that former Harrison Warrior and Purdue Quarterback Joey Elliott will visit the Miami Dolphins tonight and tomorrow. Elliott confirmed that he was in Miami to Fox 7's Doug Kufner Sunday afternoon. This is his second meeting with the NFL franchise.With the Dolphins showing interest in Skelton and now Elliott, it seems like they are doing their homework to add a QB late in the draft in the event that Thigpen and/or Pennington is traded.

ckparrothead
04-12-2010, 02:30 AM
Was Dez Bryant's training partner for months.

X-Pacolypse
04-12-2010, 02:37 AM
Was Dez Bryant's training partner for months.

and the plot thickens....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8Kyi0WNg40

FinAtic8480
04-12-2010, 03:07 AM
This is the kids second meeting with Miami

Phin-Phan 66
04-12-2010, 08:40 AM
sure looks like a late round QB is in the cards- so Thiggy must be on his way out...

TedSlimmJr
04-12-2010, 03:15 PM
They have to be looking at him as a priority free agent..or best case scenario for him, a 7th rounder....I don't even have Elliot as a draftable QB prospect..

He only has basically 1 year of starting experience in Gary Nord's offense...which isn't exactly an endorsement itself when projecting QB's to the NFL... He's also coming off a shoulder injury I believe..

However, it looks like they may want an athletic kid that can move around and throw in the mold of a Thigpen....which Elliot is....but there's certainly guys that are bigger, stronger, with stronger arms, more experience, more production, with less question marks, that can also move around and throw that are actually draftable prospects in my opinion....with one or two of them that even profile as potential starting caliber QB's in the NFL down the road..

utahphinsfan
04-12-2010, 09:49 PM
With the Dolphins showing interest in Skelton and now Elliott, it seems like they are doing their homework to add a QB late in the draft in the event that Thigpen and/or Pennington is traded.

An interest in Skelton? He really intrigued me @ the combine.

Either he or Zac Robinson (Ok St) in the 6th would be alright with me.

Markcalius
04-12-2010, 10:20 PM
They have to be looking at him as a priority free agent..or best case scenario for him, a 7th rounder....I don't even have Elliot as a draftable QB prospect..

I was wondering about that. I keep wondering what kind of picks the FO is considering using on these QBs they keep looking at, if any.

The list of QBs the Dolphins have talked to keeps growing longer and longer. Seems to me they are either:

- Expecting to move two QBs this offseason, or

- Expecting to move one, and they are expecting to give Pat White some serious competition, i.e. they are open to cutting Pat White.

Seems like the latter, considering these QBs they keep looking at seem to be of the athletic variety.