PDA

View Full Version : Hmm, I wonder if we tried to get Santonio Holmes

JCfinfan
04-12-2010, 04:53 PM
If not, does that mean Dez is on his way at 12?

Orlando Fan
04-12-2010, 04:55 PM
I don't believe the Fins were a player for Holmes. Also keep in mind that Holmes will miss the first 4 games this season, so the Jets will be without him for the beginning of the year.

JCfinfan
04-12-2010, 04:58 PM
I don't believe the Fins were a player for Holmes. Also keep in mind that Holmes will miss the first 4 games this season, so the Jets will be without him for the beginning of the year.

True, but for a 5th? Wow, the guy is a good receiver. He just needs to grow up.

Orlando Fan
04-12-2010, 05:10 PM
I agree they got him at a rock bottom price to be sure. Only time will tell if it was a steal or not.

insomnia411
04-12-2010, 05:49 PM
Stop it. It's a steal. If our front office could have had Holmes for a low round pick and they passed, with the need that we have at WR, they should all be ****ing fired.

Holmes had 1200 yards last year. Anyone remember the last time we had a 1200 yard receiver? I sure as **** don't - because it was a long ****ing time ago. Holmes for a 5th is a spectacular deal, even if he misses half the season.

Chubby
04-12-2010, 05:53 PM
Stop it. It's a steal. If our front office could have had Holmes for a low round pick and they passed, with the need that we have at WR, they should all be ****ing fired.

Holmes had 1200 yards last year. Anyone remember the last time we had a 1200 yard receiver? I sure as **** don't - because it was a long ****ing time ago. Holmes for a 5th is a spectacular deal, even if he misses half the season.
Please!! Not a steal, its a good deal for both the steelers and the Jets. But not a steal. He is only playing for 12 games and is an unrestricted FA next year. Dont make it seem like they gave up a 7th rounder for Andre Johnson.
Chubbs

JCfinfan
04-12-2010, 06:00 PM

Agree. He is in the last year of his contract. He is going to play his a$$ off this year. A 5th? It is a steal.

foozool13
04-12-2010, 07:00 PM
"Holmes' pending 4-game suspension, as PFT reported and now confirmed, didn't appeal to lot of teams, including 'Fins." - Chris Mortenson on Twitter

Phin-Phan 66
04-12-2010, 07:28 PM
Being we don't have a 5th, maybe the fact that he is out 4 games and in the final year of his deal - we didn't think it was worth a 4th to us to add a guy that is not the answer to our problems. The front office has a plan - let's see what happens in 2 weeks.

SpurzN703
04-12-2010, 07:32 PM
"Holmes' pending 4-game suspension, as PFT reported and now confirmed, didn't appeal to lot of teams, including 'Fins." - Chris Mortenson on Twitter

I'm all for having guys on the team who aren't douchebags but sometimes you need to care more about production on the field vs. **** that goes on off it.

It's about winning the Super Bowl, not the Community Service Award of Honest Nice Guys...