PDA

View Full Version : Holmes Trade Hinders Marshall Trade

Roman529
04-12-2010, 11:07 PM
Mike Klis is a good writer for the Denver Post here in Colorado. He basically feels that the Holmes' trade is going to make it harder for the Broncos to get a first rounder for Marshall. Would you guys be ok with offering the Broncos our 2nd rounder for Marshall? :confused:

Holmes deal hinders Marshall trade
By Mike Klis (http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/author/mike-klis/)

This can’t be good. Or maybe it is, if you’re among the group who believes the Broncos would be better off keeping receiver Brandon Marshall.
The Steelers get nothing more than a fifth-round draft pick from the New York Jets in exchange for talented-but-troubled receiver Santonio Holmes? Ugh. Ugh, ugh, ugh for the Broncos who want a first-round pick for talented-but-troubled Marshall.

There are differences, sure. It can be argued Marshall is better than Holmes, even if Holmes has averaged a whopping 4.0 more yards per catch (16.3 to 12.3) during their respective four-year careers.
And it can be argued that Marshall’s off-field problems are behind him while Holmes’ difficulties are ahead (four-game suspension to start the 2010 season).

But make no mistake, there are enough similarities between Holmes and Marshall to hurt the Broncos’ chances of getting fair trade value in return for their star receiver........

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/04/12/holmes-deal-hinders-marshall-trade/

HurriPhin
04-12-2010, 11:15 PM
Good call. I think we have more serious issues that need to addressed on defense with our #12 pick but I would definitely offer up a 2nd rd pick for Marshall.

finfan54
04-13-2010, 03:24 AM
why not wait and see who falls to 43?

I mean, maybe we get our own Marshall but with better TUDE!

Miamifin23
04-13-2010, 04:19 AM
Sorry to break it to you but your not gonna find a receiver in this draft as good as Brandon Marshall. Physically he's what we need, the only guy that has the potential to be as good is obviously bryant, but potentially is the key word. If we're taking bryant at 12, just give the pick to denver and know what your getting. Marshall would flourish in this offense, the running attack that we present would open he and every other receiver on this team up.

3rdandinches
04-13-2010, 04:22 AM
I almost think if they feel the need to get rid of him that a 3rd and 6th could potentially do it.

The value for receivers seems to be lower then expected, seeing what Boldin, BE and now SH got it will be difficult for Denver to get too much.

SQuinn17
04-13-2010, 04:22 AM

no. you give them 43, draft a stud defensive player and we contend next year. simple as that.

XxfeensterxX
04-13-2010, 04:48 AM
no. you give them 43, draft a stud defensive player and we contend next year. simple as that.

Brandon Graham would be nice. Then grab a FS with our 3rd.

allsilverdreams
04-13-2010, 04:58 AM
yep i would give up this years second and a sixth to grab marshall.final answer

insomnia411
04-13-2010, 05:50 AM
I swear to Christ, if some other team picks up Brandon Marshall at his age for a 2nd round pick, and we pass on the deal, you're all going to be reading about a mass murder in the newspaper.

elite14eva
04-13-2010, 05:56 AM
I swear to Christ, if some other team picks up Brandon Marshall at his age for a 2nd round pick, and we pass on the deal, you're all going to be reading about a mass murder in the newspaper.
lol i know how u feel.

hemidemon
04-13-2010, 06:29 AM
Why??? We have more info on Brandon Marshall than any other team in the NFL other than Denver. I'm sure Nolan has given the FO the complete run down. This guy has all the talent in the world yet Denver still sat this guy for the last game of the year. Chemistry is very important. If he's a cancer in the locker room...He's not woth it reguardless of his talent level.

HurriPhin
04-13-2010, 06:32 AM
Why??? We have more info on Brandon Marshall than any other team in the NFL other than Denver. I'm sure Nolan has given the FO the complete run down. This guy has all the talent in the world yet Denver still sat this guy for the last game of the year. Chemistry is very important. If he's a cancer in the locker room...He's not woth it reguardless of his talent level.

Good point.

PhinzN703
04-13-2010, 06:40 AM

Who knows when this potential Marshall-like player would show the NFL what he can do. Rather go with the actual Marshall. If Holmes nets a 5th, Marshall should be able to be had for a 3rd.

PJack
04-13-2010, 07:00 AM
A 2nd for Marshall is a steal. He's a guarantee for top 5 receiver production with 3 straight years with 100 catches and over 1200 yard average. We took friggen Pat White with a 2nd last year for Christ's sake. If we think twice at that offer, I will personally thank Insomnia411 for every post all season long after ripping the FO myself.

jetsknicks1
04-13-2010, 07:01 AM
Sorry to break it to you but your not gonna find a receiver in this draft as good as Brandon Marshall. Physically he's what we need, the only guy that has the potential to be as good is obviously bryant, but potentially is the key word. If we're taking bryant at 12, just give the pick to denver and know what your getting. Marshall would flourish in this offense, the running attack that we present would open he and every other receiver on this team up.

On one hand I think it would be cool to see Revis go against Marshall in a Phin uni, but then common sense takes over and I realize that dude's a beast & I dont want to see him in a Phin uni twice a season.

There is still some talk on our end about packaging Braylon Edwards & a pick for Marshall. I doubt that happens but it's fun to think about.

Fin_Frenzy_84
04-13-2010, 08:21 AM
Imo yes and try are best to trade down to rack up picks!!! Example
Trade second get Marshall
Trade down to Philly
Try to pick up 2nd and 5th

Draft
1. Brandon Graham OLB
2. Morgan Burnett FS
3. Jason Worilds OLB
4. TE
5. Jeff Owens NT

Dont forget we may get more picks also by trading Smiley, Thigpen, Cam, Ginn, Maybe even Brown.