PDA

View Full Version : Holmes Trade Hinders Marshall Trade

Roman529
04-12-2010, 11:13 PM
This is from Mike Klis, the Denver Post's Broncos beat writer. Would you guys be ok with offering Denver a 2nd rounder for Marshall? :confused:

Posted April 12, 2010 (http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/04/12), 11:28 am MT
Holmes deal hinders Marshall trade

By Mike Klis (http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/author/mike-klis/)

This can’t be good. Or maybe it is, if you’re among the group who believes the Broncos would be better off keeping receiver Brandon Marshall.
The Steelers get nothing more than a fifth-round draft pick from the New York Jets in exchange for talented-but-troubled receiver Santonio Holmes? Ugh. Ugh, ugh, ugh for the Broncos who want a first-round pick for talented-but-troubled Marshall.

There are differences, sure. It can be argued Marshall is better than Holmes, even if Holmes has averaged a whopping 4.0 more yards per catch (16.3 to 12.3) during their respective four-year careers.
And it can be argued that Marshall’s off-field problems are behind him while Holmes’ difficulties are ahead (four-game suspension to start the 2010 season).

But make no mistake, there are enough similarities between Holmes and Marshall to hurt the Broncos’ chances of getting fair trade value in return for their star receiver......

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/04/12/holmes-deal-hinders-marshall-trade/

bigchub22
04-12-2010, 11:15 PM
Interesting

Roman529
04-12-2010, 11:17 PM
Mods...please merge...I posted this thread twice due to a slow computer. LOL

j-off-her-doll
04-12-2010, 11:34 PM
Heard a rumor - and as far as I'm aware, it's just a rumor - that Marshall has had potential contract talks with Miami. I don't know. If we think he can be an OK citizen, he's obviously worth a lot more than a 2nd. It just depends.

aj13
04-12-2010, 11:37 PM
aren't holmes and marshall both free agents after this season??? also, is it true marshall wants to be extended before the season starts and has a huge figure in mind???

i think the broncos are nuts for asking for a 1st round pick...and boarderline dellusional for asking for a 2nd...a conditional 3rd sounds about right but Im sure the Broncos would want the draft pick in this year...

aj13
04-12-2010, 11:39 PM
he's obviously worth a lot more than a 2nd. It just depends.

But if you have to extend him to a huge contract for a player with a suspect attitude, he seems worth much less than a 1st rounder and possibly a 2nd rounder...

hooshoops
04-13-2010, 12:02 AM
what??? i just got here...did santonio holmes get traded to the jets for a 5th rounder???

you can't be serious...

thejetssuck
04-13-2010, 12:07 AM
what??? i just got here...did santonio holmes get traded to the jets for a 5th rounder???

you can't be serious...

It's true :(

hooshoops
04-13-2010, 12:08 AM
unreal...while we roll with ted ginn

makes me sick

mmikel30
04-13-2010, 12:21 AM
Didn't Sparano say point blank were not trading for Marshall or signing Owens.

oasis
04-13-2010, 12:27 AM
Heard a rumor - and as far as I'm aware, it's just a rumor - that Marshall has had potential contract talks with Miami. I don't know. If we think he can be an OK citizen, he's obviously worth a lot more than a 2nd. It just depends.

Saw that on Phinsider. I think it was just some guy yanking everyone's chain...who knows.