PDA

View Full Version : Tim Tebow and Bill Parcells?

BGtoKNfor6
04-13-2010, 04:44 AM
Now I don't put a whole ton of stock into this BUT I was listening to XM/Sirius radio about 4 pm central time and they were wrapping up the "Moving the chains" show and a caller was talking about how he would trade Big Ben for a first round pick. The hosts asked who he was thinking to draft with that extra first rounder and the guy said Tebow.

They kind of laughed that off saying that they believe Tim Tebow will make the transition and maybe Pitt would be a good fit because if he needed anything it was a situation like New England where he could ride the pine for 3 years or so but ultimately they said Ben is going nowhere.

However one of the hosts (don't remember who right now) said that he has a credible source that has always come through that Bill Parcells is very high on that kid and don't be surprised if we had something cooking with our second round pick.

I know it is all speculation and doesn't make much sense from the Henne perspective but we all know Pat White is all but useless and Thigpen appears to be on the way out.

I don't think we get Tebow and I don't want a Florida qb on this team because history has shown they have done pretty much nothing in the league for as far back as I could find.

Phin-Phan 66
04-13-2010, 06:59 AM
while I believe Parcells respects what Tebow has done in college, we just do not need a QB in the second round (again). We have many more pressing needs.

SebasMiamiFan
04-13-2010, 07:01 AM
If we got Tebow, the FO will lose all credibility.

PhinzN703
04-13-2010, 07:02 AM
Roethlisberger for only a 1st rd pick? Hell I'd take that deal

BGtoKNfor6
04-13-2010, 07:03 AM
while I believe Parcells respects what Tebow has done in college, we just do not need a QB in the second round (again). We have many more pressing needs.

I don't disagree. I am reporting what I heard on the radio. Those guys who host the show are pretty credible and the host was pretty emphatic about his "source" and what he said.

I was just pretty surprised by it. If we trade thigpen, We are definitely going to need something because White could NEVER take the field as a starter and we don't yet know the status of Pennington's arm long term. I guess if Thigpen is traded, it could present some potential problem if Henne was to go down and Pennington's arm acted up. I have faith in their evaluation of Pennington though..err...well then again we did evaluate Drew Brees too although I don't know if the same team doctors are still with us.

BGtoKNfor6
04-13-2010, 07:04 AM
Roethlisberger for only a 1st rd pick? Hell I'd take that deal

You have to understand that was the "callers" fantasy, not the opinion of the Sirius NFL staff.

Phin-Phan 66
04-13-2010, 07:06 AM
I think we add a developmental QB this year, but it won't be an early round pick - which means it won't be Tebow.

COphinphan89
04-13-2010, 07:11 AM
:bobdole: