PDA

View Full Version : Looking more and more like Bryant will be there at 12

FinAtic8480
04-13-2010, 05:09 PM
Multiple sources tell the Florida Times Union that Dez Bryant has been removed from the Jaguars' draft board due to character concerns.
A Browns source also revealed to SI's Peter King that Bryant is no longer on Cleveland's draft board. The Jaguars have a history of drafting bad seeds at wide receiver (Matt Jones, Reggie Williams), and don't want to make the same mistake again, even if Bryant is a far superior talent to both. The Jags are supposed to have more interest in high character guys like Riley Cooper (Florida), Taylor Price (Ohio), and Eric Decker (Minnesota) in the middle rounds.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

One team that worries me is the Broncos to be quite frank. First, because they could trade with New England who has been rumored to like Bryant. Second, because of the league wide speculation that Seattle remains interested in Marshall. If Marshall is traded to Seattle you can bet McDaniel will replace him with Bryant.

JosinaAnderson
First Alert: Sources tell Fox31's Josina Anderson that Brandon Marshall is expected to huddle with the Denver Broncos today about future.

www.twitter.com/JosinaAnderson

I really hope they sign him longterm.

outlawd2u
04-13-2010, 05:15 PM
I'm just praying that either Dez falls to Miami at #12 and they take him or Denver takes Dez and trades Marshall to Miami. I guess my dream scenerio would be to get Marshall for a 2nd and a later pick then grab Earl Thomas or Brandon Graham in the 1st.

datruth55
04-13-2010, 05:29 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

One team that worries me is the Broncos to be quite frank. First, because they could trade with New England who has been rumored to like Bryant. Second, because of the league wide speculation that Seattle remains interested in Marshall. If Marshall is traded to Seattle you can bet McDaniel will replace him with Bryant.

www.twitter.com/JosinaAnderson (http://www.twitter.com/JosinaAnderson)

I really hope they sign him longterm.
Why wouldn't New England just trade for Marshall instead?

If Seattle trades for Marshall it will be after they have selected the 6th pick in the draft. Right now if they made the trade, because of the tender on Marshall, Seattle will have to part with pick #6 (I heard this on NFL Radio but haven't verified). I do think Denver has the right to negotiate another pick but from what I heard they seemed to be firm on wanting that #6 pick, that may change during the draft when Seattle is about to make that #14 pick and Denver has a guy they really want sitting right there. Granted at that point it may be too late for Denver to pick Dez unless they pick him with the #11 pick with the intent to trade Marshall to Seattle for the #14 pick before hand. Sort of the way San Diego took Eli Manning with the intent to trade him to the Giants after the Giants took Phillip Rivers.

There are probably a lot of "conditional trades" teams have entering the draft like the San Diego/Giants trade that we never hear about.

BLITZKRIEG
04-13-2010, 06:00 PM
I want Bryant in Miami as much as anyone, but my guess is that Denver drafts him one spot ahead of us at #11. It's going to suck, but it's almost inevitable in my opinion....

~BK~

RealDriscoll
04-13-2010, 06:02 PM
Dez Bryant would make our offense so much better immediatly

ckparrothead
04-13-2010, 06:42 PM
I think Denver is going to shock some people and draft Markice Pouncey.

TXFinFan
04-13-2010, 06:46 PM
I think Denver is going to shock some people and draft Markice Pouncey.

I think that would be a good pick for them too. I think the only way we don't get Bryant is if somebody trades up for him, which is not very likely.

FinAtic8480
04-13-2010, 06:56 PM
Still, as King points out, Bryant has a number of teams working him out, with visits scheduled with San Francisco, St. Louis and Denver.
Denver has been the popular choice for draft speculators as the team is expected to trade wide receiver Brandon Marshall (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/2944/Brandon_Marshall) sometime in the next week.
But if one thing is certain with Bryant, it's the uncertain.

http://www.mockingthedraft.com/2010/4/13/1418880/dez-bryant-causing-a-stir

BAMAPHIN 22
04-13-2010, 06:57 PM
Is Keyshawn convincing Parcells on Dez Bryant?

Keyshawn Johnson is one of Bill Parcells' confidants. He followed Parcells from the Jets to the Cowboys. They worked ESPN together. He gets access into Parcells' inner sanctum at the Dolphins' headquarters.
So when he says he's talking to Parcells about taking Dez Bryant, it's worth hearing concluding (a) this might be serious, or (b) it's the perfect kind of smokescreen - the kind where even the confidant believes.

"It pisses me off to listen to some of these [draft analysts] talk about Dez,'' Keyshawn Johnson told Sports Illustrated's Don Banks in a story about the drafting of Bryant. "I heard someone on the network I work at say his stock is going to be questioned because his mother was a former drug user or seller.

http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports/columnists/hyde/blog/2010/04/is_keyshawn_convincing_parcells_on_dez_bryant.html

TheBow305
04-13-2010, 07:07 PM
Yeah I think Denver will either go with Pouncey or McClain. Dez could definitely be there at 12.

Mr. Magoo
04-13-2010, 07:21 PM
Denver would probably love to have Pouncey, but that just makes them a prime trade down target for any team sold on Bryant who wants to move up.

New England, in particular, scares me. I just hope they realize they "need" Jerry Hughes instead.

hooshoops
04-13-2010, 07:29 PM
if denver wants pouncey i'd feel pretty confident if i was them that if i moved back into the 18-22 range i could get him...

denver is a prime trade back candidate...but i think jax is also

ckparrothead
04-13-2010, 07:52 PM
I think a lot of teams would like to move back, it's probably going to depend a little on Jimmy Clausen's fall (teams will want to trade ahead of San Francisco IMO), and depend a little on how far down Eric Berry gets.

ckparrothead
04-13-2010, 07:54 PM
I'm pretty solid on Jimmy Clausen not making it beyond San Francisco based on some things I've heard, which make sense when I think about them getting rid of Scott McCloughan. McCloughan was the guy that picked Alex Smith and he remains to this day a huge Alex Smith backer. He will not take Jimmy Clausen. They don't trust him to make that decision. So, they've canned him.

Phin-Phan 66
04-13-2010, 07:59 PM
Looks like we have elevated our interest in Earl Thomas - he's here on his 3rd visit to break down film, per Sun-Sentinel.
CK, do you think we trade down and try to get him, or is he a target at 12?

showstopper
04-13-2010, 08:00 PM
In my eyes(heart) Dez is already a Dolphin and the draft mystery starts Friday night at #43! I agree with CK Pouncey goes higher than most people think.

ckparrothead
04-13-2010, 08:01 PM
Looks like we have elevated our interest in Earl Thomas - he's here on his 3rd visit to break down film, per Sun-Sentinel.
CK, do you think we trade down and try to get him, or is he a target at 12?

I can't help but think it's a ruse.

If the Dolphins trade down I would think they'd be potentially targeting him, but also Golden Tate.

Phin-Phan 66
04-13-2010, 08:10 PM

If the Dolphins trade down I would think they'd be potentially targeting him, but also Golden Tate.

I would be happy with a trade down if it netted us Earl Thomas or Brandon Graham.
Golden Tate doesn't excite me in Round 1 at all.

Zounds
04-13-2010, 08:48 PM
I still see JAX taking Dez Bryant, I dont care what that silly newspaper Florida Times Union reports

TXFinFan
04-13-2010, 09:02 PM
I still see JAX taking Dez Bryant, I dont care what that silly newspaper Florida Times Union reports

Jax needs a leader on defense, and has a history of missing on wide receivers. Add that to the fact that Del Rio is more or less a lame duck coach that needs to win now, and it adds up to them drafting McClain.

ckparrothead
04-13-2010, 09:07 PM
I would be happy with a trade down if it netted us Earl Thomas or Brandon Graham.
Golden Tate doesn't excite me in Round 1 at all.

I think Jax will take Brandon Graham at #10, personally. He's a versatile player and they run a versatile scheme. Their DL coach was present at his pro day.

I have my druthers about Golden Tate but he's a fierce guy, a warrior, and his leg drive with the ball in his hands is something special. He naturally possess four things that many guys don't naturally possess. They are the balance and leg drive to get yards after contact, body control, speed and eyes for the ball in the air. I don't like that he's not absorbed many of the fine points of being a receiver, but he can learn those. The biggest leap of faith is believing that he'll become a natural hands catcher...but his workouts leading up to the draft have been encouraging on that front (whereas for example, Derek Hagan's showed a lot of bad things all the way through).

j-off-her-doll
04-13-2010, 09:07 PM

I agree about the ruse, and I'm a big E. Thomas fan - unless, they're trying to be so obvious that no one will believe we're actually interested.

SQuinn17
04-13-2010, 09:08 PM
Denver would be dumb not to go with McClain.

datruth55
04-13-2010, 09:10 PM
Jacksonville was dead last in the league with 14 total sacks. If they don't get a pass rusher with their first round pick then there's no hope for that franchise. They might as well move to San Antonio.

Zounds
04-14-2010, 02:49 AM
Jacksonville was dead last in the league with 14 total sacks. If they don't get a pass rusher with their first round pick then there's no hope for that franchise. They might as well move to San Antonio.

In this draft you can get a decent pass rusher after the 1st round, but you probably wont get a decent WR when JAX picks in the 2nd.