PDA

View Full Version : Drafting Bryant Won't Solve Our Issues On Defense

timwendt58
04-13-2010, 07:55 PM
I know the guy is talented but how is he gonna solve our problems on D? Many of you are blind. We nearly averaged thirty ppg with a 2nd year QB and a bunch of "scrubs". Don't forget Fasano who had a terrible year but will bounce back this time around. I wouldn't mind if the FO went all out D in the draft.

Tunaphish429
04-13-2010, 07:59 PM
The only reason I could see us taking Dez is this..

This draft is not very loaded with great Wr prospects...

and it is loaded with very good Defensive players that are going to fall...

We could take Dez than go Defense pretty much the rest of the way and still get some very good prospects

Nublar7
04-13-2010, 08:02 PM
I know the guy is talented but how is he gonna solve our problems on D? Many of you are blind. We nearly averaged thirty ppg with a 2nd year QB and a bunch of "scrubs". Don't forget Fasano who had a terrible year but will bounce back this time around. I wouldn't mind if the FO went all out D in the draft.You are correct, and it is a strong reason why the Front Office will LIKELY target defense in the first round. Though, I still wouldn't bet against them drafting Bryant, only because he is a special talent that doesn't come around often.

DiepatriotsDie
04-13-2010, 08:05 PM
I would love to see the majority of our draft dedicated to the defensive side of the ball, but I would hate to pass up on Bryant.

NYinBostonFin
04-13-2010, 08:13 PM
If Dez is there, we would be stupid not to grab him. Easily the top WR in the draft, and we hopefully have a great target for Henne in the future.

Like others have said, the draft is deep in our defensive areas of need. We can wait on Defense if Dez is there.

ManBearPig
04-13-2010, 08:13 PM
I agree with tunaphish. There isnt another dez in this draft. Take him first round. Then we can get a NT or S in the second round, terrance cody or nate allen. This draft is really really deep and we can get good defensive players later in the draft, but you arent going to find good recievers that late.

DanTheMan1980
04-13-2010, 08:14 PM
Yes we did ok on offence last year but not get. Getting Dez would change a lot of that. I think it would open up the offence a lot more then we have ever seen. I think we would see a lot more production out of all of are Wr's. On the defence side of the ball we are real young. A lot of points against us was because of are DB's. They all have another year under there belts and i bet will be a lot better. Remember we had to rookies at corner for most of the year, and faces some on the best Wr's in the game. I maybe wrong but i would like us to take Dez if he is there at 12 and then look at def. But it had been a long time since we had a true #1 WR.

Pitbull13
04-13-2010, 08:15 PM
I know the guy is talented but how is he gonna solve our problems on D? Many of you are blind. We nearly averaged thirty ppg with a 2nd year QB and a bunch of "scrubs". Don't forget Fasano who had a terrible year but will bounce back this time around. I wouldn't mind if the FO went all out D in the draft.

While I agree with you about drafting Defense, I would not be upset with drafting Bryant. Also, you can bet we will draft at least one OL at some point and I also think we will draft a RB at some point...like it or not.

Myles Fynch
04-13-2010, 08:15 PM
For all the points we scored when things were going well for us, extending an extra drive or two per game, or taking an average play to the house once in a while would have changed our season last year. Your comments about the defense are dead-on, but we're probably just one special player away on offense from being able to put our defense in a much stronger position next season. I want one jaw dropping offensive player out of this draft and I'd be fine with the rest going towards defense.

TXFinFan
04-13-2010, 08:17 PM
The IMPACT players in this draft are as follows:

Eric Berry
Dez Bryant
CJ Spiller
Earl Thomas

If we get one of these guys, whether it is offense or defense, we will have done well.

If we draft anyone else in the 1st round just to shore up a need in our defense, we will have drafted poorly.

zackmandude63
04-13-2010, 08:26 PM
two words: MIKE NOLAN:up:

SpurzN703
04-13-2010, 08:31 PM

Draft Bryant with the 12th pick then go defense the rest of the way. Is that a bad idea?

Tunaphish429
04-13-2010, 08:41 PM
The problem with our D last year was pass rush and deep coverage...

If we get a pass rusher hopefully that will help our deep coverage..That and kicking Wilson to the curb finally

Tunaphish429
04-13-2010, 08:46 PM
Something I wanted to add about the #12 pick...

Wake is most likely going to be the weak side starter..If JT comes back I could see them splitting some time on that side..and maybe JT come in on 3rd down and plays strong side or puts his hand in the dirt...

Alot of mocks have us going OLB in the draft..

Assuming Wake is the starter do you really draft a strong side OLB at the #12 spot?
I really dont think so..

I think we pick either Dan Williams or Dez Bryant..just a hunch

ckparrothead
04-13-2010, 09:09 PM
Listen, when we entered this offseason the Miami Dolphins had problems on defense and problems on offense. Both. Not just one. They made a huge acquisition for the defense in Karlos Dansby and now it only makes sense to take care of the other side of the ball by helping the offense with Dez Bryant. It's not rocket science.

And not to mention they added a coach that should help the defense some, we hope.

dolphinsbshaw72
04-13-2010, 09:25 PM

I agree with you about our D. But Bryant will help us win games by openning up our offense on all fronts. Yes the defense needs work. But unless the defense is taking int's back to the house all the time i dont see how that helps us run with the elite offenses that can score points on any defense. Thats why i say take Byant with the 12th and go defense the rest of the draft.:up:

VT Dolphan
04-13-2010, 11:29 PM
People seem to forget the basic concept of football, or most sports for that matter. Score more points than your opponent.

It doesn't matter if we give up 50 points in a game so long as we score more. Improving our offense, which is already fairly potent, by adding the best WR in the draft will do just as much to help us win than drafting a defensive prospect.

Spending early picks on defense will help to make us a more balanced team. But adding a playmaker such as Bryant will greatly improve our offense. If he's on the board when we pick, he would clearly be the BPA in my mind.

JahnDho
04-13-2010, 11:41 PM
I know the guy is talented but how is he gonna solve our problems on D? Many of you are blind. We nearly averaged thirty ppg with a 2nd year QB and a bunch of "scrubs". I wouldn't mind if the FO went all out D in the draft.

You're completely incorrect. You're blind to the fact that we had the toughest schedule and played some of the top passing offenses in the league. (Indy, NE, NO, SD, ATL, Houston, and the Jets were above avg) With experience; and a schedule that isn't the toughest in the league, you'll see a difference without drafting anyone else. We got Dansby and got rid of some scrubs. We need a FS, but why go with the top FS this year when you can get a guy like Darren Sharper and draft FS in the 2nd or 3rd or 1st in 2011. You could argue we could get Marshall, but Nolan dealt with him at Denver so something tells me he's probably not vouching for the guy. Our offense moved the ball well last year. But we didn't do well in the redzone, we dropped too many balls, we didn't make the big plays, and we didn't rack up YACs.

hooshoops
04-14-2010, 12:05 AM
how bout we just let the talent decide the pick...