PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins looking to trade up in the Draft

FinAtic8480
04-14-2010, 01:36 AM
Still, Ginn could be a part of a package on the first night of the draft next Thursday, as the Dolphins might trade up from the 12th spot. Clemson running back C.J. Spiller is among the players for whom they could make a move.

The Dolphins are looking for playmakers on the outside and still could make a trade for Denver Broncos wide receiver Brandon Marshall, a restricted free agent who received a first-round tender.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8177fe7e&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Spiller my butt, if they trade up it is for Bryant.

#1dolphinsfan
04-14-2010, 01:38 AM
If we trade up i hope it is for Bryant or Berry

zach8111
04-14-2010, 01:47 AM
berry if we trade up should be the only pick but parcells doesnt prefer to trade up

hooshoops
04-14-2010, 01:50 AM
don't take this the wrong way but that article says nothing about the dolphins "looking to trade up"

it's just la canfora saying that we may trade up...and that could be said about every team not drafting #1 overall...

JT-forpresident
04-14-2010, 01:54 AM
Here's a funny scenario for you ...

1- the dolphins want to get rid of ginn
2- the dolphins MIGHT want to draft Dez Bryant (or CJ spiller, according to some)
3- The cleveland browns virtually have no one at WR
4- The cleveland browns are big fans of trading down in the draft, and are succesful at it (watch last year)
5- the cleveland browns are showing more and more interest in jared odrick

you can also add those points but i think i'm starting to steer away from things that are actually possible :
6- the fins have been trying to trade ronnie brown
7- the browns have no one at RB
8- the browns have no QB
9- the fins are shopping tyler Thigpen

now put this all together and... maybe ?

X-Pacolypse
04-14-2010, 01:57 AM
I thought Miami was trying to trade down?

All of these rumors... all of this speculation... IT'S CRAZY I TELLS YA!!!

KRAZYEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

hooshoops
04-14-2010, 01:57 AM
Here's a funny scenario for you ...

1- the dolphins want to get rid of ginn
2- the dolphins MIGHT want to draft Dez Bryant (or CJ spiller, according to some)
3- The cleveland browns virtually have no one at WR
4- The cleveland browns are big fans of trading down in the draft, and are succesful at it (watch last year)
5- the cleveland browns are showing more and more interest in jared odrick

you can also add those points but i think i'm starting to steer away from things that are actually possible :
6- the fins have been trying to trade ronnie brown
7- the browns have no one at RB
8- the browns have no QB
9- the fins are shopping tyler Thigpen

now put this all together and... maybe ?

maybe les canadians drink from the cup... :lol:

JT-forpresident
04-14-2010, 02:08 AM
maybe les canadians drink from the cup... :lol:

It'll take a lot more than a trade up for them to beat the capitals, i'll tell you that much... GO HABS GO !!!

(you a hockey fan, hoosh ? if so, hit the nhl thread, or the nhl playoff thread sometime :) )

hooshoops
04-14-2010, 02:10 AM
It'll take a lot more than a trade up for them to beat the capitals, i'll tell you that much... GO HABS GO !!!

(you a hockey fan, hoosh ? )

yeah i know it will...you're 1 and done...i was just bustin balls...

i'm a bruins fan...we're done also unless rask stands on his head and outperforms all world ryan miller

i loathe the canadians...that siren or whatever it is you guys play on goals drives me bonkers...

not as big a hockey fan as a pro football and miami dolphins fan though...not close really

MP-Omnis
04-14-2010, 02:15 AM
If you trade up it's for Berry and Berry only. Bryant would be a great pick at #12, but if we miss him at #11, it's probably not worth it to trade up only one spot. Who knows what the Broncos will take though. And that's even assuming Bryant lasts that long.

JT-forpresident
04-14-2010, 02:20 AM
yeah i know it will...you're 1 and done...i was just bustin balls...

i'm a bruins fan...we're done also unless rask stands on his head and outperforms all world ryan miller

i loathe the canadians...that siren or whatever it is you guys play on goals drives me bonkers...

not as big a hockey fan as a pro football and miami dolphins fan though...not close really

bruins fan eh ? we could use one in the nhl section ... :)

enjoy the playoffs, mate :up:

Zounds
04-14-2010, 02:25 AM
We arent trading up. With such a deep draft, I seriously doubt we will be giving up picks to move up in the first round. Ted Ginn isnt enough to move up 1 spot in the 1st round. I'm calling BS on this rumor.

justdev7
04-14-2010, 02:52 AM
we better not trade up. We need to trade down. We need more picks. It's as simple as that

finfan54
04-14-2010, 03:02 AM
If we trade up i hope it is for Bryant or Berry

yeah, i think we pretty much got that down.....

#1 really really really really really wants Dez Bryant.

BARF
04-14-2010, 03:07 AM
thats not happening

MiamiDolfan85
04-14-2010, 03:18 AM
this is bull,just a few days ago we were supposedly trying to "trade down in the draft".....:earlyriser:

newlownorder
04-14-2010, 03:19 AM
So far we know from different media outlets that:

1) The Dolphins want to move up
2) The Dolphins want to move down
3) The Dolphins want to stay put

hooshoops
04-14-2010, 03:24 AM
that's just la canfora stating the obvious...no duh jason...we MAY trade up...just like 31 other teams

nothing about us actually looking to trade up...lame