PDA

View Full Version : Dez and Marshall situation

Fin_Frenzy_84
04-14-2010, 03:07 AM
Ok I dont know about yall but I want Dez or Marshall but if we get one of them it will have to be Marshall inless we trade up. Reason why.

Lets say Denver trades Marshall to someone else then they WILL take Dez Bryant so no chance on us getting him inless we trade up so if we do plan to trade up we may as well just trade a second for Marshall...

Thoughts???

HurriPhin
04-14-2010, 03:11 AM
Thoughts???

Does this subject really need another thread. :ponder:

Fin_Frenzy_84
04-14-2010, 03:13 AM
Does this subject really need another thread. :ponder:

Yeah it does

Thumper1016
04-14-2010, 03:14 AM
Ok I dont know about yall but I want Dez or Marshall but if we get one of them it will have to be Marshall inless we trade up. Reason why.

Lets say Denver trades Marshall to someone else then they WILL take Dez Bryant so no chance on us getting him inless we trade up so if we do plan to trade up we may as well just trade a second for Marshall...

Thoughts???
I agree with you . I think we should at least inquire about Marshall. If he could be had for our second round pick then we can go defense at 12 but we will have to make a move one way or the otherwise I think we will miss out on both imo.

RunRonnieRun
04-14-2010, 03:20 AM
I disagree. I dont think that anyone knows...really, much of anything....about what is going to happen in this hugely unpredictable draft outside of the top 3.

I honestly think the Browns are going to take a long, hard look at Dez, despite what they have been saying -- they were set on Crabtree last season before his visit.

If the Broncos ship away Marshall, I dont see them trading him away for beans just because he is a troublemaker......and then drafting Dez with his apparent issues.

So, if they trade away Marshall, I still dont think they are a lock to take Dez.

Various twitters I have got from good sources indicate that Marshall will be moved for sure, even if Den has to back away from its first round demand. If Miami can get him for a 2, or even one of our four suitable #2 receivers and a 2 ... I think thats a great trade for the team.

Then we draft McClain or Williams or Kindle, and are vastly improved at 2 major needs areas

Thumper1016
04-14-2010, 03:24 AM
I disagree. I dont think that anyone knows...really, much of anything....about what is going to happen in this hugely unpredictable draft outside of the top 3.

I honestly think the Browns are going to take a long, hard look at Dez, despite what they have been saying -- they were set on Crabtree last season before his visit.

If the Broncos ship away Marshall, I dont see them trading him away for beans just because he is a troublemaker......and then drafting Dez with his apparent issues.

So, if they trade away Marshall, I still dont think they are a lock to take Dez.

Various twitters I have got from good sources indicate that Marshall will be moved for sure, even if Den has to back away from its first round demand. If Miami can get him for a 2, or even one of our four suitable #2 receivers and a 2 ... I think thats a great trade for the team.

Then we draft McClain or Williams or Kindle, and are vastly improved at 2 major needs areas
Well I hope he is moved to Miami.

jvw
04-14-2010, 03:41 AM

Thoughts???
I say forget about Dez, use the first pick on Jason Peirre-Paul, this kid is going to be a stud, and then trade the 2nd pick for Marshall or trade down with Dallas and pick up an additional 2nd and give that to Denver. If the Jets were going to sign a problem child at WR, they should have given up a 2nd for Marshall.....Marshall is twice the receiver Holmes will ever be and his wrap sheet is smaller. I am now on the official get Marshall band wagon, it took 4 mos but I'm on it.......

dr.jake
04-16-2010, 01:51 AM
ok coming into the week i was TOTALLY AGAINST drafting dez bryant #12. but after the marshall trade i'd rather had have dez at #12 and both our picks back.fwiw marshall was a 4th round pick.

BigNastyDB13
04-16-2010, 02:51 AM
ok coming into the week i was TOTALLY AGAINST drafting dez bryant #12. but after the marshall trade i'd rather had have dez at #12 and both our picks back.fwiw marshall was a 4th round pick.

:bobdole: We weren't going to get a WR in the 1st round better than Marshall, let alone the 2nd round. We just "drafted" a stud top 5 wr with our 2nd rounder and with the way we use our 2nd rounders in the draft pick there was a better than good chance our 2nd rounder next year would've been a bust.

Fin_Frenzy_84
04-16-2010, 02:59 AM
You regret the Marshall trade??? Thats a first