PDA

View Full Version : With the 12th Pick the Miami Dolphins....

RealDriscoll
04-16-2010, 12:37 AM
select.... It seems everyone is doing Top 10 lists which David Letterman made famous so I figured I'd do one for who I think the Dolphins should draft at #12; #1 being the player we should draft most!

10- Jermaine Gresham-TE-Oklahoma

Clearly the best Tight End in this draft. Gresham is an above average blocker and a serious vertical threat in the passing game. He does have injury concerns as he blown out his knee a couple of time. I see pick #12 as too high to select Gresham but should the Dolphins trade down Gresham bares watching.

9-Jason Paul Pierre-DE/OLB-South Florida

This guy might be the best athlete in the entire draft. He has rare pass rushing ability, great size, and should garner a lot of attention. There are many questions surrounding JPP; he was a JUCO transfer to South Florida and game tape is limited on him but there is no question that he is raw. It was also reported that he came off as immature during the interview process.

8-Mike Iupati-OG-Idaho

The rumors surrounding about putting Justin Smiley on the trading block make it obvious that the Dolphins are looking for options at Left Guard. Smiley's injury history has taken it's toll in Miami and if they could get a 4th or 5th Round pick for Smiley I am confident they pull the trigger. Iupati is the best guard in the draft and is a real mauler.

7-Jared Odrick-DL-Penn State

Odrick is a brillaint player as he could play all three positions on our defensive line. Odrick is short and stout, plays the run very well, and is a guy whose stock is on the rise. Teams such as the Browns, Ravens, and Patriots have shown their interest in Odrick. I see him in the mold of Haloti Ngata;

6-CJ Spiller-RB-Clemson

For my money Spiller is the best Offensive player in this draft. His speed to the outside is the best I have ever seen. he is a much tougher runner than given credit for and as cliche as it sounds the guy is dangerous with the ball in his hands. Running back might not be our biggest need but Ricky Williams is getting older and Ronnie Brown has been injury plagued over his tenure in Miami. Spiller would give our Offense a new dimension.

5-Dan Williams-NT-Tennessee

Jason Ferguson isn't our long term and neither is Paul Soliai. Williams was a four year starter at Tennessee and would fill a major void. I don't see our front office spending the #12 pick on a two-down player but it could happen.

4-Sergio Kindle-OLB-Texas

I watched this kids performance in the National Title Game and was impressed. In fact I thought Kindle was the best player on the field. I understand the concerns for him playing the run but this guys' pass rushing ability is off the charts.

3-Brandon Graham-OLB-Michigan

Led the nation in tackles for a loss and was an absolute tear at the Senior Bowl. Graham could be the most balanced Outside Linebacker in this draft. Rare combination of run stopping and pass rushing ability.

2-Derrick Morgan-OLB-Georgia Tech

I have Derrick Morgan as a Top 7 player int his draft and would be shocked if he were available at #12. Reminds me of a healthy Shawn Merriman coming out of Maryland. Morgan is a monster in terms of size (although his arms are considered short) and he can get to the Quarterback as well as ANYONE.

1-Earl Thomas-FS-Texas

Earl Thomas is tied with Eric Berry as the best Safety in this draft. Free Safetyw as our biggest weakness last season and with a deep class of 3-4 Outside Linebackers I think Earl Thomas has to be our pick.

DcRy82
04-16-2010, 12:42 AM
i personally flip graham and morgan, but good post

finfan54
04-16-2010, 12:45 AM
select.... It seems everyone is doing Top 10 lists which David Letterman made famous so I figured I'd do one for who I think the Dolphins should draft at #12; #1 being the player we should draft most!

Clearly the best Tight End in this draft. Gresham is an above average blocker and a serious vertical threat in the passing game. He does have injury concerns as he blown out his knee a couple of time. I see pick #12 as too high to select Gresham but should the Dolphins trade down Gresham bares watching.

This guy might be the best athlete in the entire draft. He has rare pass rushing ability, great size, and should garner a lot of attention. There are many questions surrounding JPP; he was a JUCO transfer to South Florida and game tape is limited on him but there is no question that he is raw. It was also reported that he came off as immature during the interview process.

8-Mike Iupati-OG-Idaho

The rumors surrounding about putting Justin Smiley on the trading block make it obvious that the Dolphins are looking for options at Left Guard. Smiley's injury history has taken it's toll in Miami and if they could get a 4th or 5th Round pick for Smiley I am confident they pull the trigger. Iupati is the best guard in the draft and is a real mauler.

Odrick is a brillaint player as he could play all three positions on our defensive line. Odrick is short and stout, plays the run very well, and is a guy whose stock is on the rise. Teams such as the Browns, Ravens, and Patriots have shown their interest in Odrick. I see him in the mold of Haloti Ngata;

6-CJ Spiller-RB-Clemson

For my money Spiller is the best Offensive player in this draft. His speed to the outside is the best I have ever seen. he is a much tougher runner than given credit for and as cliche as it sounds the guy is dangerous with the ball in his hands. Running back might not be our biggest need but Ricky Williams is getting older and Ronnie Brown has been injury plagued over his tenure in Miami. Spiller would give our Offense a new dimension.

Jason Ferguson isn't our long term and neither is Paul Soliai. Williams was a four year starter at Tennessee and would fill a major void. I don't see our front office spending the #12 pick on a two-down player but it could happen.

I watched this kids performance in the National Title Game and was impressed. In fact I thought Kindle was the best player on the field. I understand the concerns for him playing the run but this guys' pass rushing ability is off the charts.

Led the nation in tackles for a loss and was an absolute tear at the Senior Bowl. Graham could be the most balanced Outside Linebacker in this draft. Rare combination of run stopping and pass rushing ability.

I have Derrick Morgan as a Top 7 player int his draft and would be shocked if he were available at #12. Reminds me of a healthy Shawn Merriman coming out of Maryland. Morgan is a monster in terms of size (although his arms are considered short) and he can get to the Quarterback as well as ANYONE.

1-Earl Thomas-FS-Texas

Earl Thomas is tied with Eric Berry as the best Safety in this draft. Free Safetyw as our biggest weakness last season and with a deep class of 3-4 Outside Linebackers I think Earl Thomas has to be our pick.

agreed.:up:

dolphinsbshaw72
04-16-2010, 01:08 AM

8-Mike Iupati-OG-Idaho

6-CJ Spiller-RB-Clemson

1-Earl Thomas-FS-Texas

Earl Thomas
Brandon Graham
Dan williams

#1dolphinsfan
04-16-2010, 01:10 AM
Eric Berry will be there when we pick and he will be a dolphin I hope

Aqua and Orange
04-16-2010, 01:36 AM
I'd switch Morgan and Graham, chuck Berry at the top of the list and lost Gresham. Otherwise good ;)

MrEd
04-16-2010, 02:05 AM
CJ Spiller
Brandon Graham
Dan Williams

3rdandinches
04-16-2010, 02:37 AM

8-Mike Iupati-OG-Idaho

6-CJ Spiller-RB-Clemson

1-Earl Thomas-FS-Texas

10. M.Iupati OG - Because of the weaknesses we have at OLB and FS and the OLine has been really good Mike becomes an after thought. We would have to trade back in the late 20's and everyone else gone to make this choice.

9. J.Odrick DE/DT - I just can't see him getting picked when we have good players at his position and nobody at OLB and FS. This would be a good pick but a head scratcher to me with our glaring holes on defense. If we could pick anyone then Odrick climbs the list a great deal to 3 or 4.

8. D.Williams NT - I don't think he's much better then Troup, Joseph, Thomas or even Owens for that matter. FO loves NT's late, all this adds up to a pass on Williams unless a big trade back happens, even then I still doubt it.

7. CJ.Spiller RB/KR - (The ultimate wildcard #2) I would think Brown would have to be traded to make this move, the FO likes RB's in the mid rounds and in this draft there's real good depth there. He's exciting to watch but with Marshall on board R.Brown becomes a bigger threat then before, health is still the issue for Brown.

6. E.Thomas FS - He excells in coverage and does a good job on the run, I believe the FO looks for someone to excell in the run and does real well in coverage. To me he's only in the picture if we trade back, R.Jones, M.Burnette are 3rd round options.

5. B.Graham OLB - His lack of height really hurts his chances in my eyes. If we trade back to the late teens then he becomes a much stronger possibility.

4. JPierre-Paul OLB - (The ultimate wild card) If he had more years starting at University he could easily be 1a or 1b. His upside maybe enough to over look that and wouldn't shock me if his name gets called.

3. D.Morgan OLB - I would have him #1 if you could tell me there's a chance he could actually cover someone. I also don't think he will be available.

2. S.Kindle OLB - Everything the FO looks for in a player.

1. E.Berry FS - Since he won't drop and we won't trade up he becomes a distant dream.

I really believe Kindle will be the pick with Morgan and JPP real close.

BigNastyDB13
04-16-2010, 02:38 AM
Eric Berry will be there when we pick and he will be a dolphin I hope

Really? :err:

Danny
04-16-2010, 03:54 AM
10. M.Iupati OG - Because of the weaknesses we have at OLB and FS and the OLine has been really good Mike becomes an after thought. We would have to trade back in the late 20's and everyone else gone to make this choice.

9. J.Odrick DE/DT - I just can't see him getting picked when we have good players at his position and nobody at OLB and FS. This would be a good pick but a head scratcher to me with our glaring holes on defense. If we could pick anyone then Odrick climbs the list a great deal to 3 or 4.

8. D.Williams NT - I don't think he's much better then Troup, Joseph, Thomas or even Owens for that matter. FO loves NT's late, all this adds up to a pass on Williams unless a big trade back happens, even then I still doubt it.

7. CJ.Spiller RB/KR - (The ultimate wildcard #2) I would think Brown would have to be traded to make this move, the FO likes RB's in the mid rounds and in this draft there's real good depth there. He's exciting to watch but with Marshall on board R.Brown becomes a bigger threat then before, health is still the issue for Brown.

6. E.Thomas FS - He excells in coverage and does a good job on the run, I believe the FO looks for someone to excell in the run and does real well in coverage. To me he's only in the picture if we trade back, R.Jones, M.Burnette are 3rd round options.

5. B.Graham OLB - His lack of height really hurts his chances in my eyes. If we trade back to the late teens then he becomes a much stronger possibility.

4. JPierre-Paul OLB - (The ultimate wild card) If he had more years starting at University he could easily be 1a or 1b. His upside maybe enough to over look that and wouldn't shock me if his name gets called.

3. D.Morgan OLB - I would have him #1 if you could tell me there's a chance he could actually cover someone. I also don't think he will be available.

2. S.Kindle OLB - Everything the FO looks for in a player.

1. E.Berry FS - Since he won't drop and we won't trade up he becomes a distant dream.

I really believe Kindle will be the pick with Morgan and JPP real close.

of that group and the players that "should" be there at for us I'd take Kindle as well....but I think we can move down and still take him.

Ozzy rules!!

thejetssuck
04-16-2010, 01:10 PM
I draft Berry if available, then Bryant if available, then Graham, if available.

TheBow305
04-16-2010, 01:15 PM
Here's who my Top 5 with explanations would be:

1. Earl Thomas/Eric Berry
-I put these two together because it simply comes down to who will be there. If Eric is there, he's absolutely the biggest no-brainer in the draft. He has the playmaking, centerfielder ability akin to Ed Reed, can cover the slot and posseses toughness and above average tackling ability. As for Earl Thomas, he isn't quite the overall prospect that Berry is, based on his inferor run support and tackling ability compared to Berry. But he is arguably the superior prospect in pass coverage, instincts and man coverage ability. He would immediately gives us a PERFECT compliment to Yeremiah Bell as a centerfielder, while also giving us the perfect weapon in covering the slot against guys like Wes Welker in our division. Earl seems like the most logical pick at #12 IMO.

2. Derrick Morgan
-He may not be the most pro-ready conversion linebacker available here, I think that title belongs to Sergio Kindle. But he has the motor, run support ability and smarts to make it work. And I still think he has LOADS of potential. Morgan is for sure the top defensive end prospect in this year's draft, but fits our "prototype" mold almost perfectly and I could easily see him being our guy at 12.

3. Sergio Kindle
The MOST pro-ready linebacker/defensive end prospect in this year's draft. Has loads of experience already as a linebacker at Texas and in high school. IMO is above average as a run defender and in pass coverage. Doesn't have the explosive first step that a guy that JPP has, but is a relentless monster rushing the passer and is EXTREMELY physical. Fits our "prototype" mold to a T, and has a skillset very similar to a former Parcells draftee, DeMarcus Ware. Gun to my head, I'd say he's the pick.

4. Jason Pierre-Paul
-The biggest "freak" pass rusher in this year's draft. Posseses the elite athleticism and explosion to be a Top 5 overall pick and a DOMINANT pass rusher in the NFL. But as big as his potential is, there's an even BIGGER question mark concerning his lack of smarts and ability to make a smooth conversion to OLB and being more than a below average pass defender. If I had to go OLB and it was my choice, this would probably be my guy at 12. Just the most potential easily of any prospect here and could go a lot earlier than this.

5. C.J. Spiller
-Arguably the biggest playmaker in this year's draft. A heisman trophy candidate and explosive draft prospect. If we go this route, it would probably be the end of Ronnie's reign in Miami. There are concerns over Ronnie's injury history and obviously the contract decision after the 2010 season. Some believe Spiller could have a Chris Johnson-type impact in the NFL. And if he does, I'm all for it, but we have bigger needs and I'm just not sure this is a luxury pick we can afford to make.

HawkDolphan
04-16-2010, 07:22 PM
Ummm... I think it is a pretty good analysis, but Jared Odrick is 6'5". I wouldn't call that short! He is physical, strong and quick. He was the Defensive player of the year in the BigTen. He's a real man and we'd be a better team if we get him. I do think we have needs elsewhere, though.