PDA

View Full Version : Draft game plan post Marshall trade

Marinodominates
04-16-2010, 12:44 AM
Here's what I'd do with draft taking into consideration yesterday's trade

Stay at 12 and hope that FS Earl Thomas is there. If he is, wait 4 seconds then send card to podium.

Earl is best combo of playmaker and need solver we could get outside of Eric Berry who will almost certainly be gone.

If Earl is gone and trade down not possible- select OLB Sergio Kindle. He is the most pro ready pass rusher with upside at OLB in draft.

If trade down is possible and offer of at least 3rd rounder comes in- do it
Order of then becomes:

Kindle OLB
B Graham OLB
S Witherspoon OLB
Jerry Hughes OLB
Jermaine Gresham TE

I think Gresham has a chance to be a Fin provided we traded down and highly rated defenders are gone b.c of his excellent all around game.

If draft plays out as I suspect where we can not trade down, I have two mocks dependent on which Texas defender we select with the #12 pick:

Earl Thomas
Dennis Pitta in Round 3
Best available NT in Round 4

Sergio Kindle
Morgan Burnett in round 3
Dorin Dickerson in Round 4

Thoughts?

#1dolphinsfan
04-16-2010, 12:49 AM
Sean Weatherspoon is a ILB in the 3-4 and Eric Berry will be the pick he isnt going to get drafted by the KC, SEA, CLE, OAK, BUF,JAC, and DEN and i dont see him going to any of the top four teams so i am hoping that he will slide to Miamis pick the only real threats i see taking him are Sea, and Jac

newlownorder
04-16-2010, 12:53 AM
We have to address the OLB position unless you want Wake and Anderson being our starters.

BlueFin
04-16-2010, 12:59 AM
Draft Spiller, resign JT, spend the rest of the draft on defense.

Danny
04-16-2010, 04:05 AM
Here's what I'd do with draft taking into consideration yesterday's trade

Stay at 12 and hope that FS Earl Thomas is there. If he is, wait 4 seconds then send card to podium.

Earl is best combo of playmaker and need solver we could get outside of Eric Berry who will almost certainly be gone.

If Earl is gone and trade down not possible- select OLB Sergio Kindle. He is the most pro ready pass rusher with upside at OLB in draft.

If trade down is possible and offer of at least 3rd rounder comes in- do it
Order of then becomes:

Kindle OLB
B Graham OLB
S Witherspoon OLB
Jerry Hughes OLB
Jermaine Gresham TE

I think Gresham has a chance to be a Fin provided we traded down and highly rated defenders are gone b.c of his excellent all around game.

If draft plays out as I suspect where we can not trade down, I have two mocks dependent on which Texas defender we select with the #12 pick:

Earl Thomas
Dennis Pitta in Round 3
Best available NT in Round 4

Sergio Kindle
Morgan Burnett in round 3
Dorin Dickerson in Round 4

Thoughts?

Dickerson will still be there in the 4th round?....but I'd love if we could end up with those 3 tho.

Ozzy rules!!