PDA

View Full Version : CJ Spiller, why not

Fins23
04-16-2010, 03:22 AM
I think Cj Spiller would compliment this offense so much. Ricky is getting old and saying he will retire after this season. Ronnie is a beast when healthy but he's only played bout 20 games the last two years. So our Defense wasn't that strong last year, but it has already improved this offseason. Bringing in Dansby was a major upgrade and porter, wilson, ayodele are all replaceable. Say we draft Earl Thomas, is he that much of an upgrade over Clemmons? I understand Clemmons is unproven, but does Thomas have the size and experience to start right away?

Rush linebacker is a major need and I agree with that, but this draft is very deep and we have players that are coming back who will be better. Wake can only get better and Langford and Starks are proven starters. We need another olb so is Merling maybe the answer?

All said and done, Spiller is definitely not a need. But think of the options and firepower he brings to the offense. Running back is going to be a need next year, can't hurt to bring him in now. In his first 7 games last year, Spiller had atleast one play of 60 yards or more. This guy is a freak and solidifies our offense for years to come. I just love the sexiness of this pick, and thinkin how dominant our offense could be, with two new players who are threats to score everytime they have the ball.

Do we need Spiller, not really. Would he help make our offense a powerhouse, Hell Yes.

DKphin
04-16-2010, 03:30 AM
Because it does not matter how many playmakers we have on offense, if we can not shore up the SOLB and FS position, it will all matter for naught.

uga3406
04-16-2010, 05:23 AM
i love spiller as much as any 1 but miami needs defense, not offense. Spiller is going to be great just not for the dolphins

Clipse
04-16-2010, 06:03 AM
Why not? Because we have 3 huge ****ing holes on defense? It's that simple.

#1dolphinsfan
04-16-2010, 06:21 AM
After getting marshall I think we need to stay on defense in this draft and hope Ronnie and Ricky can stay healthy and have sheets as our third RB I think he is getting overlooked a little I think he is a very good RB that can also be a game changer he was the best RB in preseason football last year IMO and never got his chance in regular season.

dr.jake
04-16-2010, 06:35 AM
"CJ Spiller, why not"

that'd be wonderful if every team we kick to fumbles the ball.

Romy148
04-16-2010, 06:50 AM
OK now we have 5 RBs the only way we draft Spiller would be if we traded Ronnie for a second and maybe Cobbs for a 6 or 7. Then we would have more picks to play with Defense and secure that Rb position with Spiller however, Who will give us a 2 for Ronnie??? Pats they got 3 (2) round picks however i dont wanna see Ronnie vs. us twice a year it just wont feel right.

3rdandinches
04-16-2010, 07:26 AM
OK now we have 5 RBs the only way we draft Spiller would be if we traded Ronnie for a second and maybe Cobbs for a 6 or 7. Then we would have more picks to play with Defense and secure that Rb position with Spiller however, Who will give us a 2 for Ronnie??? Pats they got 3 (2) round picks however i dont wanna see Ronnie vs. us twice a year it just wont feel right.

Ronnie will not get a 2nd unless it's a 2011 2nd. He has been injury prone and happens to recovering from one now and that downgrades his value.

Cobbs has more value to us then any 6th or 7th.

Spiller is luxury we can't afford to get, our offense will be excellent next year with a tough run game and a great #1 WR. Right now the biggest need on offense is a down the field TE, but nothing is more important then our OLB position.

If we needed 1 OLB then we could take a chance on someone else in the first. But we need 2 or 3 OLB's on top of a NT, FS and that doesn't leave alot of room for luxury picks. Another reason why the P.White pick was so stupid when M.Johnson, C.Sintim, C.Barwin were all available helping fill a hole.

Ricky4Life
04-16-2010, 07:39 AM
I want to trade down and get some more picks as well as taking a linebacker in the first. We will be taking a safety in the later rounds I think.