PDA

View Full Version : Earl Thomas!

gnome011
04-16-2010, 04:15 AM
Bring this guy in with our #12 pick!!!

Though we have many holes on defense I think we should spend our #12 pick on this guy. This guy is just plain nasty! Supposedly Eric Berry is higher in the draft..... I think Thomas is better than Berry by far! This draft is deep in NTs and LBs and we can grab them all in the later rounds. What do u think?

Phinatic8u
04-16-2010, 04:17 AM
Berry better all around player , Thomas better coverage saftey & draft fourm next time bro

X-Pacolypse
04-16-2010, 04:19 AM
I hope Miami can trade down. If not, I wouldn't mind Earl Thomas. Miami has certainly spent a lot of time with him.

Yessir
04-16-2010, 04:23 AM
On the surfarce, Earl Thomas is a nice player, but history shows Parcells and co like the bigger safeties.

state06
04-16-2010, 04:24 AM
i am starting to believe that at the time of the draft his stock is going to be so high that if we want him we will have to take him at 12. there is talk now about him going before we get a chance to pick. I sure would like Thomas as our pick, but honestly wouldn't be bitter if we took OLB or NT either even though it is better value to trade back for those 2 positions.

finfan54
04-16-2010, 04:25 AM
jason Laconforarra or whatever his name is has said his stock is rising. Most boards however seem to have him around 15-20 so that may mean we are def. taking him.

If we trade down, not so much. Dude could climb to top 10 easy.

Randy Moss would not burn us deep anymore with Thomas deep and Vontae like glue on him.

miami71
04-16-2010, 04:29 AM
I think we trade down! Spiller will be there when we pick. Lot of mocks have him going to S.F. at 13 or Seattle at 14. Somebody will want to jump those guys to get Spiller.... I hope!

state06
04-16-2010, 04:31 AM
On the surfarce, Earl Thomas is a nice player, but history shows Parcells and co like the bigger safeties.

its Nolan's D though, and while nolan likes more veteran FS's being a quarterback on his D, im sure he would love the ball hawking and coverage abilities of Thomas. his size thing is all over analyzed.

Danny
04-16-2010, 05:03 AM
I like Thomas but we need a pass rusher more than a FS imo......problem is the talent at safety will drop more after the first 2 guys are taken than OLB's will.NT is not worth taking at imo.....so is either OLB or FS with our top pick...the ideal would be to move down and take the higher player on our board and get an extra 2nd or 3rd.I think the player the FO wants is Kindle tho....Parcells hasn't drafted a pass rusher like him in his first 2 years with us and I'm sure he wants one.

Ozzy rules!!

Dogbone34
04-16-2010, 05:04 AM
Thomas has good instincts reading the QB. He gets in the right spot, fast.

a1csiriaS
04-16-2010, 05:40 AM
What about major wright he prob be there in the third. So kindle or morgan in the 1st wright in the 3 cody in the 4th all set

uga3406
04-16-2010, 05:44 AM
What about major wright he prob be there in the third. So kindle or morgan in the 1st wright in the 3 cody in the 4th all set

i like morgan burnett a lot more then i do wright...burnett is very physical player and if miami passes on thomas he could be a good fit for them

#1dolphinsfan
04-16-2010, 06:15 AM
If Eric Berry is there he should be our pick if not I am all for Thomas

j-off-her-doll
04-16-2010, 06:55 AM
Given the choice between Graham/Morgan in the 1st and Burnett in the 3rd and Berry in the 1st and an OLB in the 3rd . . . I'd probably go OLB in the 1st.

But, I don't think Burnett will be there in the 3rd, and Berry most likely won't be there when we draft in the 1st.

JahnDho
04-16-2010, 12:36 PM
Isn't Mays a reach with the 12th?

gnome011
04-16-2010, 06:27 PM
There will be other linebackers and NT in the later rounds. After Earl Thomas there is a significant drop in talent. We need this guy!

Aqua and Orange
04-16-2010, 07:25 PM
Bottom line is that Parcells and co. are value nuts, and unless Berry falls or they are high on Spiller they will do EVERYTHING to trade down.

I think unless they can do that, Earl Thomas is the closest thing to value at a need position and would be a great, great choice.

Fin Thirteen
04-16-2010, 07:34 PM
Thomas has incredible instinct and great timing, plus an impressive afterburner that gets him to the contact point when he needs to be there.

But I can't help thinking he'll get broken up in the NFL. He's on the small side and pretty suicidal with how he puts his body about. SOmetime those guys who are totally kamikaze get away with it, but I think he's a major injury waiting to happen.

Miami making a big fuss over Major Wright. I call smokescreen and I'm predicting they go for Taylor Mays. He's not Thomas calibre but he's a big unit and Nolan obviously got the most out of him at the Senior Bowl.