PDA

View Full Version : Jets fans starting on us already LOL!!!!

JRoX85
04-18-2010, 03:18 PM
Well I have been bored all day and decided to nosey my way over to the gangreen forums.. Well it seems they are talking all kinds of smack about how Revis and Cromartie will shut down our WR corp this season ( wasn't Revis the one that got burned by Ted stone hands Ginn last year LOL) ( and Cromartie hasn't been good in 3 yrs) Seriously....

They are also saying that
Edwards, Holmes, and Cotch > Marshall, Bess, Hartline
and that with LT (The one who is farting dust now in the backfield) that they have a far superior offense than us... They also claim to have had a better offseason than us....:crazy::crazy::crazy::tumbleweed::tumbleweed:

I just hate the fact that most Jets fans think there crap doesn't stink, and that they can't come to the conclusion that they had an easy schedule last year and were handed several games...

They do have a great CB in Revis but who else do they have?
LT- is on the wrong side of 30
Holmes- Will miss the first four games of season
Comartie- LOL seriously???
Edwards- drops as many passes as Ginn LOL
Cotch- decent
Sour cream Sanchez- LOL who wants a model premadonna as a QB (Will be a decent QB if he develops though) I question his toughness....

vs

Henne- Howitzer arm, great leader, tough as nails, can make any throw, lacks a perfect touch pass and scrambling ability..
Ronnie- When healthy as good as they come
Ricky- at over 30 he still has the wow factor (pot treated him well lol)
Davis- Developing into a shut down CB
Smith- Needs to show better ball awareness and tracking ability but still developing and pretty solid given we get him a decent FS
Dansby- Need I say more
Marshall- He is a beast plain and simple top 3 in NFL
Bess- Heart of a Lion tough as they come catches anything thrown at him lacks a second gear though
Hartline- Everything needed in a #2 may even develope into another #1

This is going to be a hell of a season and years to come GO Fins

Scoffaveli
04-18-2010, 03:22 PM
this is a homer of a thread

jlfin
04-18-2010, 03:26 PM
Well I have been bored all day and decided to nosey my way over to the gangreen forums.. Well it seems they are talking all kinds of smack about how Revis and Cromartie will shut down our WR corp this season ( wasn't Revis the one that got burned by Ted stone hands Ginn last year LOL) ( and Cromartie hasn't been good in 3 yrs) Seriously....

and that with LT (The one who is farting dust now in the backfield) that they have a far superior offense than us... They also claim to have had a better offseason than us....:crazy::crazy::crazy::tumbleweed::tumbleweed:

I just hate the fact that most Jets fans think there crap doesn't stink, and that they can't come to the conclusion that they had an easy schedule last year and were handed several games...

Cotch- decent
Sour cream Sanchez- LOL who wants a model premadonna as a QB (Will be a decent QB if he develops though) I question his toughness....

vs

Henne- Howitzer arm, great leader, tough as nails, can make any throw, lacks a perfect touch pass and scrambling ability..
Smith- Needs to show better ball awareness and tracking ability but still developing and pretty solid given we get him a decent FS
Dansby- Need I say more
Bess- Heart of a Lion tough as they come catches anything thrown at him lacks a second gear though

I did the same a few days ago. They certainly don't think much of us here on Finheaven.
They are a vulgar, profane, classless and vitriolic bunch. If it were up to them the league would cancel the 2010 season because the Lombardi trophy is as good as theirs. :crazy:

LordPicklewagon
ummmm they are jets fans. ive known sheep that could outwit the smarter jets fan

Fin_Frenzy_84
Greatest thread of all time!!!

bobw999
04-18-2010, 03:30 PM
this is a homer of a thread

Take a trip over to the gang green. I was really getting tired of the Jets ragging here I till I took a trip there.

I find it funny that they still talk smack about us even though they haven't beaten us since September of 2008.

DzakkH13
04-18-2010, 03:50 PM
Offensively we are pretty similar. I would rank it like this:

OL - Jets

We have a great OL that is among the tops in the league, but I think the Jets have one of the top 3 OLs in the league. They run their zone blocking scheme very well and Mangold is great at calling blocking assignments in the passing game. We are right behind them though and maybe our recent addition at G will help propel us ahead this coming year (also a healthy Grove would help a lot).

RB - Dolphins

I think the Jets got weaker at the RB position this offseason. LT is a former shell of himself and the second year man out of Iowa will have to prove that he can handle the resposobility of being the feature back. Washington returning healthy will help, but Thomas Jones was a great RB behind that zone blocking scheme. Ronnie, Rickie, and Cobbs are all very good and propel us over the Jets in this category. Richardson and Polite are about equal when it comes to run blocking.

WR & TE - Jets

This is essentially a toss up between the two. I give the slight edge to the Jets because of the TE position. On paper Edwards, Cotchery, and Holmes look tough, but Edwards is horribly inconsistent. Holmes has always been a great #2 and should make a solid #1. Miami has one of the top 3 WRs in the league. Marshall will make a very promising WR in Hartline that much better. Bess is now set up to accel in the slot and Camarillo is now a great 4th option.

QB - Dolphins

Sanchez had a tough rookie year and was protected by a great running game and great defense. Chad Henne came in and was asked to win games as a second year player. Henne had three 300 yard passing games with a team who's #1 WR was an undrafted rookie free agent. Henne took care of the ball well and only had one turnover a game compared to Sanchez's 1.4 TOs a game.

Offense - Dolphins

Bottom line, we are pretty even on offense, but I would say right now Miami's offense is slightly better. The edge at QB is in our favor. I expect Sanchez to play better this year, but I also expect Henne to have more passing TDs and our offense to score more as Brandon Marshall is a game changer. We know the Jets D is better, but we will be in for a battle everytime we play them this year. I can't wait to beat them Jest!

Fin_Frenzy_84
04-18-2010, 04:00 PM
We got them on offense they got us on defense... We got them on COACH!!!! FAT BOY

Phin-Phan 66
04-18-2010, 04:00 PM
It's a good thing they are writing about it - it means they are scared.

I would be scared if they weren't writing about us.

Phin-Phan 66
04-18-2010, 04:03 PM
We got them on offense they got us on defense... We got them on COACH!!!! FAT BOY

They have us on defense because of their coach.

I'm as loyal a Dolphin fan as there is, but NY has the better coach until proven otherwise.

Valandui
04-18-2010, 06:14 PM
Sorry, but Nolan is a better defensive coach than Ryan.

Phin-Phan 66
04-18-2010, 11:38 PM
The discussion was Sparano and Ryan.

In my eyes Ryan is better than Sparano at present. Nolan is better than both.

nyjunc
04-19-2010, 08:11 AM

Cotch- decent

vs

Dansby- Need I say more

We both have really good teams on paper but to act like Marshall will doninate Revis b/c Revis made one mistake against Ginn is foolish. I am sure over the years they will each have their moments against each other but considering revis shut down better WRs last year I feel confident he can slow down Marshall.

I think most objective observers would give us the talent edge but again we both have alot talent and both have really good teams on paper. Both might be big time teams or both might crack undre the pressure- who knows? I think we are going to have some fun battles over the next few years.

Offensively we are pretty similar. I would rank it like this:

OL - Jets

We have a great OL that is among the tops in the league, but I think the Jets have one of the top 3 OLs in the league. They run their zone blocking scheme very well and Mangold is great at calling blocking assignments in the passing game. We are right behind them though and maybe our recent addition at G will help propel us ahead this coming year (also a healthy Grove would help a lot).

RB - Dolphins

I think the Jets got weaker at the RB position this offseason. LT is a former shell of himself and the second year man out of Iowa will have to prove that he can handle the resposobility of being the feature back. Washington returning healthy will help, but Thomas Jones was a great RB behind that zone blocking scheme. Ronnie, Rickie, and Cobbs are all very good and propel us over the Jets in this category. Richardson and Polite are about equal when it comes to run blocking.

WR & TE - Jets

This is essentially a toss up between the two. I give the slight edge to the Jets because of the TE position. On paper Edwards, Cotchery, and Holmes look tough, but Edwards is horribly inconsistent. Holmes has always been a great #2 and should make a solid #1. Miami has one of the top 3 WRs in the league. Marshall will make a very promising WR in Hartline that much better. Bess is now set up to accel in the slot and Camarillo is now a great 4th option.

QB - Dolphins

Sanchez had a tough rookie year and was protected by a great running game and great defense. Chad Henne came in and was asked to win games as a second year player. Henne had three 300 yard passing games with a team who's #1 WR was an undrafted rookie free agent. Henne took care of the ball well and only had one turnover a game compared to Sanchez's 1.4 TOs a game.

Offense - Dolphins

Bottom line, we are pretty even on offense, but I would say right now Miami's offense is slightly better. The edge at QB is in our favor. I expect Sanchez to play better this year, but I also expect Henne to have more passing TDs and our offense to score more as Brandon Marshall is a game changer. We know the Jets D is better, but we will be in for a battle everytime we play them this year. I can't wait to beat them Jest!

Don't forget that thomas Jones had a 3.6 YPC before we made the OL changes, it went up to 4.5 a year later.

Also don't forget that Ronnie is coming off another injury.

RBs are even, QBs I'll say even although I think sanchez stepping up in the biggest games vs. Henne shrinking in Miami's biggest games would give Sanchez the edge.

Henne wasn't asked to win games, his running game was asked to win games. When they did ask him to win games late w/o Ronnie he couldn't do it. Henne had no pressure on him until December, sanchez had pressure all year.

Our O is better b/c we have better talent around the QB. Marshall is the best WR of the 2 teams but #s 2-4 are all Jets and we have a big time receiving threat at TE who might rank #5 when comapring the 2 teams receiving threats.

How so? Rex in one year took a team to the AFC Championship game, Sparano has never even been part of a staff that has won a single playoff game.

Sorry, but Nolan is a better defensive coach than Ryan.

:lol2::lol2: Nolan is a good DC, Ryan is a great one.