PDA

View Full Version : I'm moving

WeVie
04-22-2010, 02:27 AM
Well, today it is official, I am moving. My wife is being relocated to Davidson, NC and we are moving. We hope to buy a house we have picked out in Moorseville. It is super sweet.

That is why I got a haircut. I need a new job. My wife has me an interview with her company for a sales rep position on Tuesday that has a very nice salary as well as kick a$$ commission possibilities. The tops sales reps in the company make over 200K a year!!! I know I can't except that but the bottom guys make well over 60K.

If I don't get that job, she has a few more good leads for me with a few other companies.

I will finally be close to the city I love. Charlotte!!

So who wants to be my new best friend in NC? I always have NFL Sunday Ticket. :lol:

JCane
04-22-2010, 02:31 AM
I'm roughly an hour South of Charlotte. Used to hang out Uptown all the time.

Good luck to you and the family, WeVie.

CedarPhin
04-22-2010, 02:46 AM
Sounds like you've got a sweet new set-up man.

Myles Fynch
04-22-2010, 09:24 AM
Good luck with the move and the job. I'm sure your family will be happy there.

Troysif
04-22-2010, 09:30 AM
Congrats and good luck with the move! You still watching the draft tonight?!?!?!?!?

WeVie
04-22-2010, 10:18 AM
Congrats and good luck with the move! You still watching the draft tonight?!?!?!?!?

I am working second shift right now and don't get home till about 1:20am but I will watch on DVR when I get home.

WeVie
04-22-2010, 10:22 AM
Sounds like you've got a sweet new set-up man.

I hope so anyway. If I can get the job at her company then we are good. If not, who knows what I will do.

I may have the option to go back to the old company I used to drill gas wells for and work out of town but I don't really want to do that and leave my family in a new place by their self 10 to 12 days at a time but if it will get us down there, then so be it.

Vaark
04-22-2010, 12:05 PM
Congratulations, sounds like a positive move for the family. I have a friend who relocated to Cary a few years ago and loves it!

Just my 2cents, but if you're interviewing for a sales job, it might not be a bad idea to have your wife try to hook you up with one of their top sales people for some pre-interview preparatory fact-finding. What I'd want to determine is: range of responsibilities, challenges including competition, profile of prospective and existing customers and their hot buttons, products' strong points vs. weaknesses, product advantages/features and (in classical salesmanship) how they translate into meaningful buyer benefits, what he does that separates him from the avg sales person, his view on why some salespeople there have failed, training/orientation programs, etc and so forth.

Bottom-line, the more you know about the job, company, its challenges and expectations, and how they relate to your past experience, skills and personal characteristics.... the more effectively you'll be able to sell yourself. And when interviewing for a sales job, doesn't selling yourself (with all that entails including probing the buyer's "needs" and "wants," and the "closing) make particular sense?? Me, I'd also go talk to a couple of existing customers - both big and small to get their candid perspective on the marketplace, company and its products. You demonstrate to the hiring decision-makers that you've gone the extra mile in understanding the job, company and customers, vs just going in there and winging it, usually separates you from your competition.

That's just my perspective.... which is basically worth what you paid for it!
Good Luck WeVie. :up:

edit: if any of this ended up proving helpful, remember that when the FH polls open next year. :)

Arsenal WV
04-22-2010, 01:56 PM
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF am I suppose to do now? The only fins fan on here within a 100 mile radius :lol:

Bumpus
04-22-2010, 02:03 PM

WTF am I suppose to do now? The only fins fan on here within a 100 mile radius :lol:

:lol: See what you did? You scared him off. :lol:

PhinzN703
04-22-2010, 02:07 PM
Enjoy the move Wevie :up:

Ricky4Life
04-23-2010, 07:50 AM
Enjoy moving and good luck in the new place.

WeVie
04-23-2010, 09:50 AM

We can still have our secret meetings at Wal-Mart when I come in to visit.

WeVie
04-23-2010, 09:56 AM
Congratulations, sounds like a positive move for the family. I have a friend who relocated to Cary a few years ago and loves it!

Just my 2cents, but if you're interviewing for a sales job, it might not be a bad idea to have your wife try to hook you up with one of their top sales people for some pre-interview preparatory fact-finding. What I'd want to determine is: range of responsibilities, challenges including competition, profile of prospective and existing customers and their hot buttons, products' strong points vs. weaknesses, product advantages/features and (in classical salesmanship) how they translate into meaningful buyer benefits, what he does that separates him from the avg sales person, his view on why some salespeople there have failed, training/orientation programs, etc and so forth.

Bottom-line, the more you know about the job, company, its challenges and expectations, and how they relate to your past experience, skills and personal characteristics.... the more effectively you'll be able to sell yourself. And when interviewing for a sales job, doesn't selling yourself (with all that entails including probing the buyer's "needs" and "wants," and the "closing) make particular sense?? Me, I'd also go talk to a couple of existing customers - both big and small to get their candid perspective on the marketplace, company and its products. You demonstrate to the hiring decision-makers that you've gone the extra mile in understanding the job, company and customers, vs just going in there and winging it, usually separates you from your competition.

That's just my perspective.... which is basically worth what you paid for it!
Good Luck WeVie. :up:

edit: if any of this ended up proving helpful, remember that when the FH polls open next year. :)

That is good advice. In fact, she had already spoke to one of the top if not the top guy in the company. She he makes more than the CFO if the company. I met him one time when I went to Jacksonville with her one time. A bunch of them from that office went out to dinner with us and he and I hit it off. I am supposed to talk to him before the interview.

You gave me some great questions to ask him when I talk to him. My interview is Tuesday.

WeVie
05-10-2010, 09:49 PM
Thought I would throw you guys a little update. I am not getting the awesome sales job at this time but I should be able to get on later on. In the meantime, I went back to the company I used to work out of town for so we could go ahead and move and that will give me plenty of time to find the right job if my wife's company gives me a job later rather than sooner.

Our house was only on the market for about three weeks before we signed a contract with some buyers and is set to close on May 27th but the agent said everything is running about two weeks behind due to the to the tax credit deadline which by the way we missed out on our new house by nine days. There is $6500 in free money gone. The house we are going to buy is set to close on June 25th. It's possible we may be homeless for a couple of weeks. The buyers of our house may let us rent from them a few weeks though.

I will still need some new NC friends so who wants to be my new friend?

Here are a few pics of our soon to be new house unless something crazy happens.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/05/lr10965661-1.jpg
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/05/lr10965664-1.jpg
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/05/lr10965663-1.jpg
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/05/lr10965666-1.jpg
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/05/lr10965668-1.jpg
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/05/lr10965665-1.jpg

Steveo 90
05-10-2010, 10:09 PM
nice home wevie...........best of luck to ya

Bumpus
05-11-2010, 01:50 PM
I like the new digs, bro. :up:

WeVie
05-13-2010, 10:03 PM
All goes well still. My house that I am selling passed the home inspection the other day. I should be moved by the end of June or maybe a little sooner.

I am still looking for my new best NC friend. So who is it gonna be?

WeVie
05-30-2010, 10:05 PM
I like the new digs, bro. :up:

Thanks. We finally have a close definite close date. June 18th. We plan to move the next day.

But one question still lingers. Who will be my new best friend once I move to NC? ;)