PDA

View Full Version : Wtf Was That!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

defiant
04-23-2010, 09:13 AM
Let's do a quick recap of the 2009 season....

What were the main reasons we lost games?

A) we allowed too many big plays through the air for opposing teams
B) we didn't create enough big plays through the air for ourselves

This pick does not help either of those two problems!

It was a luxury pick, a guy with no real position for a team with needs at several positions

Was the reason we lost last year because we couldn't stop the run, which Odrick is supposed to be able to do? NO

Was the reason we lost last year because we didn't have enough pass rush on 3rd downs from the NT position? NO

We couldn't cover a Peewee TE or slot WR last year, Odrick doesn't fix any of our most glaring problems in any appreciable way.

We got a tiny bit better at stopping the run, and a tiny bit better at pass rushing, which wasn't a problem at all last year.

They traded down there with a plan of pciking up Dan Williams, an actual nose tackle, and missed out.

Terrible pick.

Pick up Golden Tate, Arrelious Benn, a safety, or a LB with #40 or this draft will be a complete catastrophe

Chuck-182
04-23-2010, 09:15 AM
Agreed

Mr_Freezetag
04-23-2010, 09:17 AM
Disagree

Mr_Freezetag
04-23-2010, 09:19 AM

It was a luxury pick, a guy with no real position for a team with needs at several positions

Was the reason we lost last year because we couldn't stop the run, which Odrick is supposed to be able to do? NO

Was the reason we lost last year because we didn't have enough pass rush on 3rd downs from the NT position? NO

We couldn't cover a Peewee TE or slot WR last year, Odrick doesn't fix any of our most glaring problems in any appreciable way.

We got a tiny bit better at stopping the run, and a tiny bit better at pass rushing, which wasn't a problem at all last year.

They traded down there with a plan of pciking up Dan Williams, an actual nose tackle, and missed out.

Terrible pick.

Pick up Golden Tate, Arrelious Benn, a safety, or a LB with #40 or this draft will be a complete catastrophe

Did you watch any Dolphin games last year?!?!?!

nbrewer22
04-23-2010, 09:19 AM
I think we resolved B by getting Brandon Marshall, we do not need a WR in the second round. We need to pick up a safety or OLB.

KPDolfan424
04-23-2010, 09:20 AM
dude, chill, have faith in the front office, im kinda confused about the pick, but to me, we need a olb and a safety, plenty of good players left man. Chilllllllllllll out.

BGtoKNfor6
04-23-2010, 09:20 AM
I hear the jets bandwagon is loading up. Better hurry up though as many of the expats from NE are finding their way onto it...

HurriPhin
04-23-2010, 09:23 AM
Please don't feed the misinformed debutant.

defiant
04-23-2010, 09:24 AM
I hear the jets bandwagon is loading up. Better hurry up though as many of the expats from NE are finding their way onto it...

Wow, what a well thought out refutation of my points.

When logic and reason fail, you always have "WELL, U KAN GO R00T FOR TEH JETS THAN!" to fall back on.

Nice job, sport.

foozool13
04-23-2010, 09:25 AM
This guy will be our future NT...SEE JAY RATLIFF in Dallas.

HurriPhin
04-23-2010, 09:27 AM
It's hard to respond with sensible logic when you suggest that we should spend our #40 pick on a WR. :crazy:

defiant
04-23-2010, 09:27 AM
Please don't feed the misinformed debutant.

Wow, what another great well crafted argument against my points.

Call me a name and run away.

One might think that if you were so much more informed than me, you could, you know, actually provide some reasons and points for disagreeing with me, rather than resorting to sophomoric name calling.

Oh wait, I forgot I'm on finheaven.

HurriPhin
04-23-2010, 09:28 AM
Wow, what another great well crafted argument against my points.

Call me a name and run away.

One might think that if you were so much more informed than me, you could, you know, actually provide some reasons and points for disagreeing with me, rather than resorting to sophomoric name calling.

Oh wait, I forgot I'm on finheaven.

Glad you remembered. :up:

defiant
It's hard to respond with sensible logic when you suggest that we should spend our #40 pick on a WR. :crazy:
Oh sorry you're right, let's start one of our 50 slot WRs in our base offense again, that will help us match teams like Indi and NO, it's worked out so well recently...you know, like when you have to combine all of our WR's stats to keep up with a single receiver on NO or Indy

Predaphin

Terrible pick.

you forgot to mention a key factor.....

we are not running last year's defense. This is now Nolan's system, which starts up front.....the more bigger, faster guys you have up front, the more the system will be successful.

FinAtic8480
04-23-2010, 09:29 AM
Jared Odrick is an excellent player. He is a protypical 3-4 DE, but can play NT on passing downs. I personally love the pick. The kid was one of the standouts at the Senior Bowl and was give Tackles and Guards headaches in drills. He is very disruptive and will be an excellent player.

Fins will address their needs at OLB and Safety this is one of the most talented drafts ever.

defiant
04-23-2010, 09:31 AM
you forgot to mention a key factor.....

we are not running last year's defense. This is now Nolan's system, which starts up front.....the more bigger, faster guys you have up front, the more the system will be successful.

The defense may start with guys up front, but games ended last year because of the guys in the back.

MP-Omnis
04-23-2010, 09:32 AM
If we picked Earl Thomas and hung out to dry for the 2nd round, any good QB would still be able to pick apart our secondary. Trading down was certainly the right pick, whether we would wind up picking Hughes or Odrick.

We already have guys (or one at least) that can rush the edge. The problem is, there is nobody to collapse the pocket from the front. If Odrick can help do that in time and become like a Jay Ratliff or Richard Seymour or something, that would be great. He and Hughes were the BPA, but he was the safer pick.

dolfan06
04-23-2010, 09:33 AM
I think we resolved B by getting Brandon Marshall, we do not need a WR in the second round. We need to pick up a safety or OLB.right, and a safety, the best safety in the draft fell right in our lap. i had no idea thomas would still be around at 12 and we passed. we drafted ginn as a kick returner and somebody thought we could turn him into a receiver, THAT DIDN'T WORK! now they want to take a defensive tackle and make a NT or DE? lets draft a safety that can play safety.

BGtoKNfor6
04-23-2010, 09:33 AM
Wow, what a well thought out refutation of my points.

When logic and reason fail, you always have "WELL, U KAN GO R00T FOR TEH JETS THAN!" to fall back on.

Nice job, sport.

Because where does anyone start?

You bust on the F.O. for bringing talented and young, versatile depth at the d-line in a 3-4 scheme when our starting NT is suspended for 8 games? I guess Carlos Dansby doesn't count for anything either. Additionally, the draft is only 1 round deep and already you are complaining.

Anyone with rational sense and a decent amount of football knowledge of the 3-4 scheme knows that a talented guy at the 5 technique is pretty invaluable. Also we had to recoup a 2nd rounder so there goes your Earl Thomas and Rolando Mcclain aspirations (he was gone before we picked anyway). Williams was taken a pick before us anyway so he was gone as well.

Let me guess, you wanted Kindle? The guy is still on the board, passed over by the NE's of the NFL as well when they were in stark need of LB's. That should tell you what you need to know as well.

Judge the F.O. at the end of June, not now. That doesn't speak well for your credibility in terms of understanding how the team is being built.

dolfan06
04-23-2010, 09:35 AM
Jared Odrick is an excellent player. He is a protypical 3-4 DE, but can play NT on passing downs. I personally love the pick. The kid was one of the standouts at the Senior Bowl and was give Tackles and Guards headaches in drills. He is very disruptive and will be an excellent player.

Fins will address their needs at OLB and Safety this is one of the most talented drafts ever.how many LOVED the ginn pick, and where is he now?

HurriPhin
04-23-2010, 09:37 AM
how many LOVED the ginn pick, and where is he now?

:rimshot: Ha ha that was a good one. :lol:

KTOWNFINFAN
04-23-2010, 09:38 AM
Ireland's press conference made it much more clear. When asked where he would play Ireland said he can play outside and inside rushing the passer (meaning DT on passing downs).

So Ireland has a plan of making him kinda a clone of the role Starks now has, a DE who can play DT on 3rd and long.

Got it?? We now have another player to add to the DL rotation. Did it fill one of the three glaring needs we have at OLB, FS, DT ?? Absolutely not, but at least we have some depth at DE....with our 1st rd pick.

I try and give the FO the benefit of the doubt but this pick really has me wondering what our starting 11 on defense is gonna look like. At this point either Solai is starting week one or we are looking at getting three starters out of the rest of the draft. Either that or we will use the next 10 of our picks on more DLman and can feel really good about at least one area of our team.

defiant
04-23-2010, 09:40 AM
Because where does anyone start?

You bust on the F.O. for bringing talented and young, versatile depth at the d-line in a 3-4 scheme when our starting NT is suspended for 8 games?

uhm, yes. Obviously we need a nose tackle. Odrick would need to put on a lot of weight to be an every down NT. And Ireland already said he's going to be moved around based on the situation. He's not an every down NT.

I guess Carlos Dansby doesn't count for anything either. tark need of LB's. That should tell you what you need to know as well.

This draft pick has absolutely nothing, zero, to do with Karlos Dansby.

Let me guess, you wanted Kindle? The guy is still on the board, passed over by the NE's of the NFL as well when they were in stark need of LB's. That should tell you what you need to know as well.

No, I didn't. Is this another terrible form or argumentation on Finheaven? Just make **** up about a person and then attack them for the point that you yourself made up?

Beautiful

Judge the F.O. at the end of June, not now. That doesn't speak well for your credibility in terms of understanding how the team is being built.

There are plenty of draft pundits and scouts that judge picks as they are made.

It's odd, I don't see you telling people who "love the pick" to wait until June before they judge it. Biased much?

HurriPhin
04-23-2010, 09:40 AM
right, and a safety, the best safety in the draft fell right in our lap. i had no idea thomas would still be around at 12 and we passed. we drafted ginn as a kick returner and somebody thought we could turn him into a receiver, THAT DIDN'T WORK! now they want to take a defensive tackle and make a NT or DE? lets draft a safety that can play safety.

:shakeno: the best safety was drafted by the Chiefs.

BGtoKNfor6
04-23-2010, 09:41 AM
Ireland's press conference made it much more clear. When asked where he would play Ireland said he can play outside and inside rushing the passer (meaning DT on passing downs).

So Ireland has a plan of making him kinda a clone of the role Starks now has, a DE who can play DT on 3rd and long.

Got it?? We now have another player to add to the DL rotation. Did it fill one of the three glaring needs we have at OLB, FS, DT ?? Absolutely not, but at least we have some depth at DE....with our 1st rd pick.

I try and give the FO the benefit of the doubt but this pick really has me wondering what our starting 11 on defense is gonna look like. At this point either Solai is starting week one or we are looking at getting three starters out of the rest of the draft. Either that or we will use the next 10 of our picks on more DLman and can feel really good about at least one area of our team.

Hasty generalizations are awesome!

LtDan
04-23-2010, 09:43 AM
horrible thread

defiant
04-23-2010, 09:46 AM

The only way this pick can even possibly make any sense is if there is a true NT we can pick up in the later rounds that is a one dimensional run stuffer. Even then, people will be able to audible out of their plays based on whether we put Odrick or someone else at NT, which lessens both of their effectiveness.

BGtoKNfor6
04-23-2010, 09:47 AM
uhm, yes. Obviously we need a nose tackle. Odrick would need to put on about 50 pounds to be that guy.

This draft pick has absolutely nothing, zero, to do with Karlos Dansby.

No, I didn't. Is this another terrible form or argumentation on Finheaven? Just make **** up about a person and then attack them for the point that you yourself made up?

Beautiful

This draft pick has EVERYTHING to do with Dansby and the rest of the linebackers. It appears you may not know how a 3-4 scheme works, maybe you should brush up on that. Even better is the guy can get pressure from the 5 technique as can Wake coming off the other side or any combination of guys that can rotate in and out. It is all about winning up front FIRST before you can be successful anywhere else. BP, JI and TS are doing a great job stocking up on young talent up front.

So who did you want at that point?

You do also realize that BP has never had a tubbie at the NT position. You also may or may not know that Odrick is actually about 5 lbs lighter than our current NT who has played the position for a couple of years. Unless Nolan is going to change something (good chance he will), our NT is a guy that plays 1 technique and not the prototypical 0 technique many people think that a 3-4 NT should be. If we draft Cody, he fits that mold but may have the ability to be that 0-1 guy.

I don't have to tell those that "love" the pick anything because they aren't posting stuff that is borderline downs syndrome-esque, foreshadowing the failure of the upcoming season that rests soley on our first round draft pick when the guy hasn't hit the field yet and there are 6 more rounds to go??

Your points are regurgitations of well known "problems" that plagued the team last year. So what you are saying is that Earl Thomas would solve all of our problems or "enter whatever top name guy" when in fact there are quite a few holes that will need to be addressed and will be through the DEEP draft this year. That is what it sounded like. OMG, we drafted a guy that won't help us cover a TE. However maybe, just maybe, he will get pressure at the point of attack (something we didn't have last year from anyone other than Starks) which makes it harder for a qb to hit his wideout or TE.

It all starts up front man. Like it or not. I didn't write the book on it but have watched enough football to understand the importance of young talent on the D-line. It helps keep fresh bodies on the field in the 4th qtr and allows our D-coordinator to fabricate schemes to keep the offense on their toes. Heaven forbid the injury bugs hits and you are using your 4th string guard as a DT..

DolphinDynasty
04-23-2010, 09:47 AM
Jared Odrick is Megaman

defiant
04-23-2010, 09:48 AM
horrible thread

Another great finheaven tactic; enter a thread, if you don't like what was written, you don't actually have to offer any good, logical reasons as to why, just say that it's a horrible thread, and then run away!

KTOWNFINFAN
04-23-2010, 09:56 AM
[quote=CPtoTGfor6;1063421997]Because where does anyone start?

You bust on the F.O. for bringing talented and young, versatile depth at the d-line in a 3-4 scheme when our starting NT is suspended for 8 games? I guess Carlos Dansby doesn't count for anything either. Additionally, the draft is only 1 round deep and already you are complaining.

quote]

I have no problem with the player if he even slightly filled one of the 3 glaring holes. But the player we picked might as well play WR when it comes to filling one of the three holes. We are EXACTLY as close to fielding a team now as we were before the draft started. If the FO knows who is going to start at FS, NT, and SOLB and how we are going to get them then I am wrong for complaining. And this could very well be the case. But as it stands right now unless some miracles happen we are going to start the year with a defense much worse than it was last year. MUCH worse.

Forgive me for not having your blind faith. I just don't see how they can pull off three starters out of the draft without even attemping to use our 1st pick. That's all I'm saying

DisturbedShifty
04-23-2010, 09:58 AM
You do know that there are two more days of the draft right?

BGtoKNfor6
04-23-2010, 09:59 AM
Maybe one day I will remember Karlos has a "K" in his name and not a "C"....meh...

defiant
04-23-2010, 10:00 AM

Ahh, the anthem for Day 1 Losers.

Roman529
04-23-2010, 10:01 AM
Too many Chicken Littles...."The Sky is Falling."

"B) we didn't create enough big plays through the air for ourselves"
....... GEEEEE, I could swear we obtained one of the best wide receivers in Brandon Marshall??????

We have the 8th pick tomorrow....I bet we take FS Nate Allen.

Give it time before you get all upset people

gerblack
04-23-2010, 10:02 AM
Another great finheaven tactic; enter a thread, if you don't like what was written, you don't actually have to offer any good, logical reasons as to why, just say that it's a horrible thread, and then run away!

Thanks Sun Tzu for the art of posting. I can't wait to find out which tactic I am using right now. Tell me how big have all of BPs NT been? Ferg as many have pointed out is five pounds lighter and has been doing it for what 12 years or so. Lets wait and see what the teams does with the 2nd round pick and the higher fourth rounder and this kid before we run off at the mouth. For all you know NT may not be a need anymore. :ohno:

defiant
04-23-2010, 10:04 AM
Too many Chicken Littles...."The Sky is Falling."

"B) we didn't create enough big plays through the air for ourselves"
....... GEEEEE, I could swear we obtained one of the best wide receivers in Brandon Marshall??????

Yeah? There's no doubt that was a good move. Too bad that's not what this thread is about.

We have the 8th pick tomorrow....I bet we take FS Nate Allen.

We may make the best pick in the history of the world tomorrow. It has nothing to do with the one we made today.

KTOWNFINFAN
04-23-2010, 10:04 AM
Hasty generalizations are awesome!

And, unlike yours, correct!!! :tongue2:

KTOWNFINFAN
04-23-2010, 10:06 AM

No!!!! Just two more evenings. :up:

gerblack
04-23-2010, 10:06 AM
Yeah? There's no doubt that was a good move. Too bad that's not what this thread is about.

We may make the best pick in the history of the world tomorrow. It has nothing to do with the one we made today.

For fun who would you have picked?

DisturbedShifty
04-23-2010, 10:07 AM
Ahh, the anthem for Day 1 Losers.
Ahhh. The anthem of someone who has no patience.

No!!!! Just two more evenings. :up:
Oops. My bad. I stand corrected.

KTOWNFINFAN
04-23-2010, 10:08 AM

Why??? Where's the fun in that?? What would we have to argue about?? That would never work:hi5:

Roman529
04-23-2010, 10:10 AM

The front office went out and fixed our "problems in making big plays" by obtaining Brandon Marshall? Problem solved....end of story.

We made ONE pick tonight.....Jared Odrick.....you have to give it some time. :up: Would you have rather reached for a guy like Dez Bryant at #12 and not have another pick until the middle of round three???? :rolleyes2:

defiant
04-23-2010, 10:11 AM
For fun who would you have picked?

At 12, Brandon Graham or Earl Thomas

At 28, Hughes, Tate, or Benn

NoblePhin
04-23-2010, 10:12 AM
I feel that we are trying to get those two areas that you want fixed addressed. We traded 2 2nd rounders for a 100 reception receiver for the past three years, recouped a HIGHER 2nd round pick for us to be in good position to take a pass rusher or a safety, and at the same time picked up another solid young body for our nasty front line. I don't really see where your problem is. The draft isn't over yet and we are making good strides so far. I don't know what games you saw but the games I saw when we needed pressure on the qb we couldn't get it. It was disgusting watching Peyton Manning or Drew Brees dissect our backfield for over five seconds because we couldn't even get near them! It all starts up front. Odrick is supposed to be relentless, powerful, and a good pass rusher from the inside. Yes he's not a brandon graham or jerry hughes but we get better and get a pick. Chill out and lets see who we get these next two days.

DisturbedShifty
04-23-2010, 10:13 AM
We made ONE pick tonight.....Jared Odrick.....you have to give it some time. :up: Would you have rather reached for a guy like Dez Bryant at #12 and not have another pick until the middle of round three???? :rolleyes2:
That is another good point. Sure we gave up a late round pick or two in trading down. But now we have a second round pick back and we got a player out of it (not sure if he is any good, but still). Sure we didn't shake the draft world with our pick, but in all honesty, we played it smart.

defiant
04-23-2010, 10:14 AM
The front office went out and fixed our "problems in making big plays" by obtaining Brandon Marshall? Problem solved....end of story.

No, it's really not. Super bowl teams have more than 1 good receiver. Bess, Hartline, and Camarillo are all fine slot players. No #2.

Roman529
04-23-2010, 10:17 AM
No, it's really not. Super bowl teams have more than 1 good receiver. Bess, Hartline, and Camarillo are all fine slot players. No #2.

OK so we take a game breaker like Dexter McCluster in round 3, or someone like him....it's going to be ok!!!!!!!!!! :up:

defiant
04-23-2010, 10:20 AM
OK so we take a game breaker like Dexter McCluster in round 3, or someone like him....it's going to be ok!!!!!!!!!! :up:

Well, apparently this regime preferred a situational defensive linemen that has no real position instead of a player that will actually play on every down at a position we have sorely lacked since the 1990s.

Golden Tate or Arr Benn could have been perfect additions to round out the WR corps for years. Maybe we can still get them, but it definitely wasn't worth risking them to get a situational defensive player.

NoblePhin
04-23-2010, 10:24 AM

How is obtaining Brandon Marshall not what this topic was about? You are concerned with the fact that A. We couldn't make enough big plays on offense and B. We couldn't stop teams on defense when we needed to

We basically traded a future second round pick for Brandon Marshall and got a HIGHER second round pick this year. In the process we have got younger, stronger, nastier, and more versatile on our defensive line and are in position to take a second tier safety or olb with our second round pick. If thats not enough we still have the rest of the draft to possibly find another NT and playmaker in the later rounds. HOW CAN YOU BE POSSIBLY SO BUTTHURT?

ps. I will admit I, myself, was butt hurt when we did not go for brandon graham but I think if i was ireland I would of got a second round pick as well. Spiller wasn't there, Berry wasn't there, trading back was the best option. THere have been times this past season where we couldn't get offenses off the field if our lives depended on it. Not only pass but also running. Adding to our DL doesn't hurt us in any way, especially when we can get a pick in the process.

CHILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL:hump::hump::hump:

COphinphan89
04-23-2010, 10:34 AM
I don't know how to feel about this one. It wasn't what I expected at all but I'll give the guy a shot. We'll see what happens.

sm0kinfins
04-23-2010, 10:49 AM

You made it at least partially about the Marshall pick up when you said "B) we didn't create enough big plays through the air for ourselves" and started acting pi$$y that we didn't take a WR with our 1st day pick. :rolleyes2:

Dolphasaur
04-23-2010, 10:53 AM
Defiant;

Is it (1) the quality of the Odrick pick that you disprove of or (2) the apparent inability of the front office to fill a 'need'?

1. Odrick is clearly an impressive football player. He is dominant, durable and possesses a strong 'motor'.

2. FO's have their board for a reason. Imagine a team that has a single hole on its roster: RB if you will. Now imagine that the only RB available when this team picks is sub-par and that there are significantly better players on the board. Would you take the RB?

Lets suppose that you do take the running back - despite a lack of talent - in order to fill a need. Now suppose that next year you are in need of a safety (and RB considering that the RB picked previously was not of good quality). If the safeties and RBs that fall to your pick are not as good as players still available, do you take them?

As you can see, it isn't wise to draft solely for needs. The team will eventually only get worse unless the drafts just happen to be rich in their positions of 'need'.

Obviously the talent differential is a factor as well, clearly Parcells and the FO valued Odrick significantly more than Hughes or Kindle. Maybe your opinion is better than theirs, maybe not. They do appear to possess a little more credential than you though, don't you think?

Fl_Neil
04-23-2010, 11:31 AM
I will reserve judgment until I see Odrick play. I like that we got our #2 pick back, and we have Brandon Marshall, nothing to complain about. I think this draft is going just danddddy!

DOLFAN_51
04-23-2010, 12:19 PM
I always thought that when a defense allowed the most 40+ yard pass completions and allowed more rushing touchdowns than 21 other NFL teams they had some serious concerns with their play at the line of scrimmage.

Because it usually takes a lot of time for a Qb to find an open receiver deep down field and since we only allowed 6 running plays of 20 yards or more most of those rushing td's were scored in the red zone and my bet is our d-line was not very good at the point of attack which is why our safeties played so close to the line of scrimmage.

Oh, and we were 26th in turnover ratio mostly because we always seemed to be backed up in terrible field position going up against a defense that had their ears pinned back because they were up by two scores facing a first year starting Qb. Our defense can use help everywhere and we needed that 2nd round pick back to find more help for our defense, never mind if we hope to find a TE or OG in the draft.

sm0kinfins
04-23-2010, 12:24 PM
I always thought that when a defense allowed the most 40+ yard pass completions and allowed more rushing touchdowns than 21 other NFL teams they had some serious concerns with their play at the line of scrimmage.

Because it usually takes a lot of time for a Qb to find an open receiver deep down field and since we only allowed 6 running plays of 20 yards or more most of those rushing td's were scored in the red zone and my bet is our d-line was not very good at the point of attack which is why our safeties played so close to the line of scrimmage.

Oh, and we were 26th in turnover ratio mostly because we always seemed to be backed up in terrible field position going up against a defense that had their ears pinned back because they were up by two scores facing a first year starting Qb. Our defense can use help everywhere and we needed that 2nd round pick back to find more help for our defense, never mind if we hope to find a TE or OG in the draft.

Well put.

WelcomeBack
04-23-2010, 12:29 PM
Look at what Starks did last year. Jared Odrick is possibly our very own Richard Seymour. A great pass rusher from the 5-technique that can also kick inside is a great thing to have. His presence can open up a shot forthe linebackers to make a play. There was obviously questions about Jerry Hughes and Kindle. Three AFC East teams that could each use pass rushers passed on them. Dolphins got their pass rusher in a different form.

Watch Odrick play. The kid is good. Relentless motor, great work ethic, powerful guy. He's a high character kid, basically everything you want in a player. There are still quality players at the other positions. You have Nate Allen, Major Wright and Morgan Burnett at free safety. Koa Misi, Everson Griffen, Jason Worilds, Thad Gibson and more at OLB. Jared Odrick is a top 25 talent and we got him at a great spot. We also got out second round back, and added a solid player in Tim Dobbins.

sixzero
04-23-2010, 12:43 PM
I was confused about the pick as well but I know that D-line help is critical to the 3-4 defense. This could work for us. In Parcells I trust (even blindly).

rickd13
04-23-2010, 01:08 PM
how many LOVED the ginn pick, and where is he now?

Did I miss something? Did this regime pick Ted Ginn? Not only did they not select Ginn, they traded him away and got, what I think, was good value for a guy who would have probably been cut this preseason.

esafille
04-23-2010, 01:08 PM

Terrible pick.

Well, at least you're not freaking out and overreacting over 1 frickin pick

rickd13
04-23-2010, 01:25 PM

You have no idea what you are talking about if you think Hartline is just a slot receiver. Hartline looks like he can line up anywhere and would be a perfect compliment opposite Marshall. Bess would then become the perfect slot guy with those two starting on the outside.