PDA

View Full Version : Merged 3X: Ricky gets the cover of EA Sports' new game, NFL Street

SkapePhin
11-29-2003, 04:00 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/photo/data/500/643RickyNFLStreetCover.jpg

Looks sweet! Dont worry, There is no curse involving non-realistic football games..

Miafan
11-29-2003, 04:04 PM
that looks sweet

iceblizzard69
11-29-2003, 04:33 PM
It is an EA Sports game though, the same company that makes Madden. :(

However, the cover looks awesome.

Prime Time
11-29-2003, 04:35 PM
The cover looks fresh...but the EA Sports curse goes for every sport, every game. Ricky please break the curse...PLEASE!

Chambers34Phins
11-29-2003, 04:37 PM
Are you saying madden isn't a good game? It's the best football game out. However I think nfl street is going to suck, it's gonna be to arcade, however I did like nfl blitz for nintendo 64.

Prime Time
11-29-2003, 04:54 PM
He is saying NFL Street is a non realistic football game...not Madden. Everyone knows Madden is the best football game around.

Saint Greg
11-29-2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Williams34Phins
Are you saying madden isn't a good game? It's the best football game out. However I think nfl street is going to suck, it's gonna be to arcade, however I did like nfl blitz for nintendo 64.

I think he's referring to the fact that the people on the cover of madden generally get injured....Vick, Warner, etc.

minus
11-29-2003, 04:56 PM
The curse only goes for Madden ..

Chambers34Phins
11-29-2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Prime Time
He is saying NFL Street is a non realistic football game...not Madden. Everyone knows Madden is the best football game around.

I thought he was saying it like, "awww but ea sports makes that game... the same company that made madden" like that game is going to suck cause he thinks madden sucks.

Chambers34Phins
11-29-2003, 04:58 PM
Only madden and SI cover lol.

Phinzone
11-29-2003, 05:01 PM
Man, though I LOVE my madden..I hate EA. But I have to live with it :) They won't support XBL. If they did, we'd have the best looking FB game with true online leagues. But BE CAREFUL you PS2 owners, EA is trying to go to a Pay Per Play feature (which MS won't let them do, that's why they don't support XBL). Which means for EVERY game you play online, you'll have to pay a fee..that would suck.

But enough of my Ranting. According to my Madden Team, we need to Pick up Phillip Rivers and start him next year :) He threw for 3,300 yards, 32 TD's and 15 Picks before dislocating his ankle in the 13th week. Also, Carstens teh DT from Iowa State is one fast mofo.....but a little on the weak side, lol. Also we need to trade JT for Peppers, and shop Zack around for a younger MLB....gotta love franchise.

Chambers34Phins
11-29-2003, 05:08 PM
They have been saying they were going to do that since madden 2003 it won't happen. And if it does I will only play madden, that is the only game I play online other then Nascar thunder 2004.

Why do you hate EA games? I love them, I had mvp baseball, that was the best of the new baseball games I Played, I can't wait for the new one.

Phinzone
11-29-2003, 05:16 PM
I don't hate EA games, I hate EA the company. They have many great games, I like Nascar Thunder 2004, Madden 2004, and NCAA 2004. But they're really screwing the XBOX (which I have). Sony actually signed a Deal for the PS3 with AOL for online capability. They'll have a pay per play, the reason their holding it off is MS. MS wants to run their own servers, where as EA wants to run them. Giving them to EA would allow EA to 1. charge a pay per play, 2. discontinue servers for older games (for instance if you had Madden 2004, it would become obsolete the day that Madden 2005 went online).

Also, the XBOX version of Madden 2004 had a bug, it didn't allow people to import draft classes from NCAA 2004. I had 2004 the day it came out, and played it up the wazoo in anticipation for madden, then had to wait 2 months for a replacement disk in the mail, lol. But it's all good they fixed it. EA is just trying to make money like any company, but their getting greedy. SOME games should be free online, MMORPG's have a reason to charge a monthly fee, but for madden they just write the script, and never pay another dime for online play, as the fee would go towards hosting servers which MS would do.

All in all great games, I just don't like the company. But i'll continue to buy Madden and NCAA games every year.

Gonk
11-29-2003, 05:36 PM
Is this supposed to be like NBA Street? If so, how is this possible? Trick moves in football?

Gonk
11-29-2003, 05:38 PM
Oh and by the way, the two guys chasing Ricky are apparently supposed to be Shannon Sharpe and Barry Sanders, according to ign.com

Here's a screenshot of Ricky:
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2003/11/nflstreet_ss01XBOX-1.jpg

Graphics don't look too impressive...

Phinzone
11-29-2003, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Gonk
Is this supposed to be like NBA Street? If so, how is this possible? Trick moves in football?

That's the general idea, I'll try to get a full preview posted, but you kind of have the gist of it there.

Chambers34Phins
11-29-2003, 06:02 PM
That is the reason I never got xbox or game cube. I knew stupid things like that would happen, plus i was happy with my ps1 and the game that were put out for it. I always thought ps2 had the best games out for it, and that is why I will buy ps3 when it comes out.

The pay per play would be no fun, but I would still do it because I dont play many games online other then madden.

Fresh
11-29-2003, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Prime Time
The cover looks fresh...but the EA Sports curse goes for every sport, every game.

Hell nahhh.. Vince Carter aka Vinsanity is tearin' the NBA up this year! :yes:

Phinzone
11-29-2003, 06:12 PM
That is the reason I never got xbox or game cube. I knew stupid things like that would happen, plus i was happy with my ps1 and the game that were put out for it. I always thought ps2 had the best games out for it, and that is why I will buy ps3 when it comes out.

The pay per play would be no fun, but I would still do it because I dont play many games online other then madden.

I was a PS2 man myself until my DVD lens crapped out on me, luckily I still had my PS1 (and coveted copy of FF7) to play my original games on. I was one of those guys that got the first wave, and most of those shelled out. I'm extremely happy with my XBOX though, great graphics, a 8 gig HD (for custom soundtracks in madden, and no need to buy memory cards), 4 players, and for the most part all the games i want. You can subtract FF from the lineup, but other than that, i'm a football and FPS fan anyway, and you can't beat the XBOX for FPSs. Halo, Halo 2, Half Life 2, CS, R6 (crap game, they took the tactics out of it) Doom 3, Area 51, etc.

iceblizzard69
11-29-2003, 07:01 PM

Madden is an awesome game, I am refering to the curse.

MarinoFan4Life
11-29-2003, 07:20 PM
Do some research... EVERY EA game cover star has gome through something bad after being on the cover, whether it's just a bad season or an injury, or even just a bad half a season (Miguel Tejada)... There's more athletes that had bad years after an EA cover than had good years... So... be nervous about Ricky on there....

Disgustipate
11-29-2003, 07:22 PM
I dont believe in an SI curse. Ricky put up 228 yards the week after he had that black and white cover photo, I believe.

TerryTate
11-30-2003, 01:52 AM
Kansas City went on the SI cover, then they lost to Cincy...

Vince has been on covers all over the place, and hes been hurt all the time, finally he is having success, hes been cursed so much, i think nothing will shake him...

McKnight80
11-30-2003, 01:58 AM
he dont deserve it minor is better. why dont they start minor? he has superstar potential unlike ricky "fumble" williams. u ppl think im gay but u should worry about our pretty boy heisman rb. the nose ring and the pretty dreads. we should call him Pretty Ricky. the curse should continue on him, minor should start.

Phin-o-rama
11-30-2003, 02:49 AM
wow...i wish u liked tampa instead

Snickersbps
11-30-2003, 03:01 AM
i just keep telling myself that everyone's opinion is right, in their own way...

Serenity NOW! Serenity NOW! :D

Pigskin Pimp
11-30-2003, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by McKnight80
he dont deserve it minor is better. why dont they start minor? he has superstar potential unlike ricky "fumble" williams. u ppl think im gay but u should worry about our pretty boy heisman rb. the nose ring and the pretty dreads. we should call him Pretty Ricky. the curse should continue on him, minor should start.

What planet do you live on :confused:, and what is with the half naked pose from your booty buddy McKnight?

I don't see how you could use that pick in your sig. and then use a derogatory comment on how pretty Ricky is. Am I the only one seeing the Irony in this?

I'm not even going to comment on how rediculously stupid your post is, probably a Hurricane first, Dolphins second fan.

McKnight80
11-30-2003, 03:50 AM
look at u and ricky in your avatar lmao. u wanna pic of his face dont cha? i can get one for u. pretty ricky lmao. closet freak.

JPhinfan86
11-30-2003, 04:08 AM
First of all ESPN NFL Football is better than Madden. NFL Street however is probably a title I could buy. There I would have my Realism title (ESPN) and my fantasy title (Street). I'm assuming this game will be similar to Blitz and according to some of the reviews in Electronic Gaming Monthly it will be.

Also, Minor is not the same calibur as Ricky. When you are the NFL's leading rusher you can have all of the damn rings and hair you want. Pigskin Pimp's avatar (the poster on my wall) shows what Ricky truly is--A GLADIATOR. He's been pounding it out this year (the leagues most carries by a RB) with a less than perfect O-line. Like I said in the other thread, Minor is cool and plays his part effectively. However, Ricky is where he belongs, playing his part.

McKnight80
11-30-2003, 04:15 AM
Ricky n Jim Brown

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

:hump: :hump: :hump: :hump: :hump:

Phinzone
11-30-2003, 04:15 AM
Originally posted by JPhinfan86
First of all ESPN NFL Football is better than Madden. NFL Street however is probably a title I could buy. There I would have my Realism title (ESPN) and my fantasy title (Street).

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTT!

Whoa buddy, hold your horses. ESPN better than madden? Now look, I know ESPN is a good game...but it isn't as realistic as madden. The Physics in Madden are Spot on, where as I routinely have Fletcher down A-Train, or Alstott with a vengeance in ESPN man. Also, the rediculous dive tackles in ESPN get on my nerves. Though it made LEAPS and bounds in the videogame field.

Tell me though, what does ESPN have that Madden doesn't have?....The Cribs feature? Ooooh lala, ESPN people get a home decorating option in their game...............lol. Not a bad game, like what you want, but don't claim that's it's more realistic than madden :)

JPhinfan86
11-30-2003, 04:43 AM
Quite a few guys know what I have to say about this. My first main peeve with Madden is the horrible run game, it is no where near realistic...i've seen better on Sega Genesis. My second main thing is that the game pays more attention to being a GM then it does to playing the game of football. Now if GM is your thing--Madden it is. If football is your thing, ESPN is the ultimate. Madden does a slop job of player models. Rent ESPN and zoom in on Sam Madison (or any other guy's face in the NFL) then compare that with the real guy.....PERFECTION. Madden calls it even with simply black or white. This years installment FINALLY got around to giving Ricky his dreads.

Cribs is ok, but its not the reason I bought the game.

Pigskin Pimp
11-30-2003, 04:48 AM
look at u and ricky in your avatar lmao. u wanna pic of his face dont cha? i can get one for u. pretty ricky lmao. closet freak.

Now why would I want a pick of his face....?:confused:

I think you might be the closet freak with a sycho samatic, deep rooted, homosexual, fatal attraction for Ricky, but he's not gay - so you hate him don't you? lol.

On the other hand, Tyrese looks gay and McKnight may very well be gay himself - so I see how you feel comfy with the two. :lol:

By the way, I see that your signiture mysteriously disapeared, coincedence - I think not. :tongue:

Phinzone
11-30-2003, 04:53 AM
Quite a few guys know what I have to say about this. My first main peeve with Madden is the horrible run game, it is no where near realistic...i've seen better on Sega Genesis. My second main thing is that the game pays more attention to being a GM then it does to playing the game of football. Now if GM is your thing--Madden it is. If football is your thing, ESPN is the ultimate. Madden does a slop job of player models. Rent ESPN and zoom in on Sam Madison (or any other guy's face in the NFL) then compare that with the real guy.....PERFECTION. Madden calls it even with simply black or white. This years installment FINALLY got around to giving Ricky his dreads.

Allright, first the gameplay has been the same for years, only improved on. Better gameplay in the Genesis? It's the same, they just added more stuff, better AI, etc. It's still the same madden you've played since the N64 days, etc. Changing the models is the only difference, plus they added gameplay elements. Like more audibles, playmaker, etc.

As for the player models, ESPN looks better, BUT the animations blow the big one. Guys move like stick figures, all of the linemen line up the same, all of the DB's back pedal the same. To me that really ruins the experience, it seems too scripted. I think madden players move so much like the real thing (ricky standing up etc)

As for the GM, i actually think the 2K series (now ESPN) had a deeper GM system than madden up until this season, it was highly advertised ast eh deepest, and you could actually set coaches, and waht you wanted to work on in the offseason.

I'm not sure what you mean about hte run game, I like it fine. I've always been a Madden guy, I just can't help it. It's ultra-realistic, but the gameplay is solid. I know each year is basically the same game with a few tweaks...a little better AI, a little better graphics, updated rosters, and some gimmicks to try to sell ya. But I honestly don't use them much. I never used the mini camp until it actually became of use in the 2004 installment. Also, all teh madden teaching you about football is a joke, and I haven't even touched situational and historic games.

To each his own I guess. ESPN could take the crown next year, but this year I think the gameplay still belongs to madden. HOWEVER, I will give ESPN this...they truely captured the feeling of a primetime football game. The updates, clips, etc. Truely give it a game like atmosphere, that Madden is extremely lacking. But robotic like movemets of the models really bug the snot out of me.

Snickersbps
11-30-2003, 04:57 AM
Originally posted by Pigskin Pimp

By the way, I see that your signiture mysteriously disapeared, coincedence - I think not. :tongue:

actually it is...your sig only shows up on your first post on each page...sorry, but half naked Tyrese is still there:)

honestly I dont have a problem with whose in your sig, as some people have bikini clad, or naked women for that matter. But please, just drop the Pretty Ricky thing, as NO ONE here is going to agree with you. However, head over to a Patsy or Bills forum and they probably will.

And oh yeah...that is sooooooooo Tyrese, not McKnight!

JPhinfan86
11-30-2003, 05:00 AM
I agree to each his own....but how does Madden portraying Ricky standing up show movement like the real thing? Maddens player models are all the exact same size. I know Mare isn't as tall as Griese, way off there.

In another thread Mcknight80 makes fun of my sig.....LOL. Mine isn't a ****-erotic depiction. Simply something I thought would be cool to do because of the common features. The visor mainly, but still the fact that Ricky kicks a$$ and that game kicks a$$.

Chambers34Phins
11-30-2003, 10:17 AM

Here is why you never listen to a guy that has a career bench player as his name on a message board. That's like making a name like RoundTreeIsTheBestCB

Chambers34Phins
11-30-2003, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Graythreat

I was a PS2 man myself until my DVD lens crapped out on me, luckily I still had my PS1 (and coveted copy of FF7) to play my original games on. I was one of those guys that got the first wave, and most of those shelled out. I'm extremely happy with my XBOX though, great graphics, a 8 gig HD (for custom soundtracks in madden, and no need to buy memory cards), 4 players, and for the most part all the games i want. You can subtract FF from the lineup, but other than that, i'm a football and FPS fan anyway, and you can't beat the XBOX for FPSs. Halo, Halo 2, Half Life 2, CS, R6 (crap game, they took the tactics out of it) Doom 3, Area 51, etc.

I will continue to be a ps2 guy. I love them b/c they stand behind their product. I have never had a problem until I got madden 2004, I was unable to connect online. I called them, they told me to send my in and gave me a new one for free. And my ps2 was far passed warranty mind you. Plus they have all the game I could ever ask for, and I am still able to rock out with all my old games haha. I never really got into any other game systems, they aren't big around here at all besides ps2.

TerryTate
11-30-2003, 10:33 AM
the reason why the running game sucks is that you dont know how to run in the game, i once ran 41/418 :)

The only thing ESPN has that is better than Madden is its menus and intros and such....MAdden's menus, etc are a joke...but overall as for the rest of it, Madden is totally realistic, and ESPN reminds me of an arcade game, please....

Gonk
11-30-2003, 10:44 AM

You could quite possibly be the dumbest poster I've ever come across at FinHeaven. First, I see you posting how McKnight should start over Chambers and that he's one of the top 3 WR's in the NFL. Then you say you want to start Minor over Ricky? Are you KIDDING!?

Are you friends with McKnight or something? Or did you just smoke a lot of peyote and start posting?

Chambers34Phins
11-30-2003, 10:57 AM

Yea ESPN has better graphics but the gameplay is HORRIBLE even worse then gameday and that is hard! The frame rate is sooooooo slow a 5 yeard old can beat that game.

Madden's run game is fine, it is realisitic. You probably don't play it because you can't take how realistic it is and can't beat it. Countless NFL players that do not promote the game said it was so realistic they could practice off it. And atleas the ball can bounce of people bodies and you have to be facing the qb to catch it. In espn I can throw it at the back of a WR head and it warps to their hands for a catch.

ESPN is possibley the worst football game ever made, you should play espn when you arent under the influence.

SkapePhin
11-30-2003, 11:25 AM
My main peeve with madden is that EA barely upgraded it.. All the celebrations scenes are the EXACT same as they were in 2003!!

Couldnt they have put just a little more effort into it? And the ESPN graphics blow madden out of the water...

That being said, Madden does have better game play.

Chambers34Phins
11-30-2003, 12:14 PM
They have the Terrel Owens balls siging, there are a few different celebrations. I'm not really into that stuff though, I'd rather just have a game with great game play such as madden.

They really upgraded the defensee though, atleast you can pick balls off when you should most of the time. And the game gets even more realistic as you turn up the difficulty level. All Madden is awesome.

Baz
11-30-2003, 03:11 PM

Please refrain from using personal attacks. That was uncalled for......

AngryDolphins
11-30-2003, 11:14 PM
When does this nfl street game come out? I might get it.

JPhinfan86
12-01-2003, 12:51 AM
Like i've told some other guys, I could play Madden if they fixed the runners movements. Run way left then immediately push right and tell me that looks natural.....not. I've experienced the same "glitch" in Madden where the ball goes through the players head. ESPN for the most part catches the bouncing off players idea. One new addition I really love is the fact that the recievers look at the ball the entire time its in the air, including the time it passes from their shoulders to their hands. Sorry for subtly changing the subject of this thread lol, being as pointless as it is though im sure no one cares haha. :lol:

This is definetly the single worst thread ever. I have never disagreed with another Finfan so strongly (not even in my past thread about ESPN and Madden haha). This guy must have some personal association with either McKnight or Minor, or he really doesn't like the University of Texas lol (can't stand Ricky for some reason). :lol:

XoPhinsoX
12-07-2003, 03:47 PM
I've never played ESPN but I know the runnig (for the most part) is realistic. Some smaller backs tend to break tackles that they usually wouldn't, but it's a game.

Anyway, gameplay owns graphics therefore I guess Madden is the winner ;\

JPhinfan86
12-08-2003, 04:54 AM
Originally posted by XoPhinsoX
I've never played ESPN

Anyway, gameplay owns graphics therefore I guess Madden is the winner ;\

If you've never played ESPN you can't just say Madden is better. What does "gameplay owns graphics" mean?:hmmm: I have heard more than one Madden fan say that ESPN has way better graphics.

Saint Greg
12-08-2003, 05:59 AM

If you've never played ESPN you can't just say Madden is better. What does "gameplay owns graphics" mean?:hmmm: I have heard more than one Madden fan say that ESPN has way better graphics.

I think he's saying gameplay is more important than graphics....And since Madden has better game play, madden is better.

t_scrible
12-09-2003, 07:16 PM
Street is going to suck. I will rent it though.

MarinoFan4Life
12-09-2003, 08:04 PM
I'm not excited about Street at all.

JPhinfan86
12-09-2003, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Saint Greg

I think he's saying gameplay is more important than graphics....And since Madden has better game play, madden is better.

Well, that might be true if Madden had better gameplay. However, Madden doesn't even come close.

:m83: Madden

:cpatch: (this smiley rocks)

NinersSBChamps
12-09-2003, 10:56 PM
I looked at the preview for street and I couldnt stop laughing. I cant believe they would waste time in making this game.

Prime Time
12-10-2003, 12:59 AM
Yeah, it looks stupid. NFL Street will be a one hit wonder. Wait, it won't even be a hit. I will play it, but you won't catch this kid buying it.

42ZRo
12-13-2003, 05:07 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2003/12/NFLSTgenPFTfront-1.jpg

12-13-2003, 05:11 PM
scary

iluvphan4ever
12-13-2003, 08:16 PM
That sure does look like weak tackling by Shannon. He looks like hes massaging him with his fingertips. If i were him, i would wrestle Ricky down onto the ground and make him squeal.

Prime Time
12-13-2003, 08:39 PM
This has already been posted. It is in the Gaming Forum, you guys should check that Forum out If you are into games.

Cazzeggiare
12-14-2003, 01:58 AM
ricky's hands look way too big in that pic...haha

JPhinfan86
12-14-2003, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by Cazzeggiare
ricky's hands look way too big in that pic...haha

HAHA! I thought the exact same thing. :lol:

baccarat
12-14-2003, 04:03 PM
I doubt I'll buy it but it could be fun. I am worried about the curse. Pray for Ricky tonight before MNF b/c of the cover.

BTW, anything bad happens to Ricky, I'm holding EA responsible!

JPhinfan86
12-15-2003, 02:03 AM
Well, EA is already responsible for defamation of character. Haha :lol:

Also, I wonder how Saddam will like being a prison b**ch :hump: :troops: :usa: :lol:

Baz
12-15-2003, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by m_churchill
I doubt I'll buy it but it could be fun. I am worried about the curse. Pray for Ricky tonight before MNF b/c of the cover.

BTW, anything bad happens to Ricky, I'm holding EA responsible!

The cover has been out for weeks......

gunsnroses
01-04-2004, 02:29 PM
Hey the Rosters just came out. Here are the Dolphins:

- Mark Dixon
- Randy McMichael
- Jason Taylor
- Sam Madison
- Tim Ruddy
- Junior Seau
- Jay Fiedler
- Sammy Knight
- Ricky Williams
- Patrick Surtain
- Zach Thomas
- Chris Chambers
- Brian Griese
- Brock Marion

Man I'm sure glad that that put the back up QB in there :rolleyes: .I would of much rather had Tim Bowens or Ogunleye. Plus, Czonka is on the legends roster! #39!

Baz
01-04-2004, 03:23 PM
I played a demo of the game. It was very different. It was tough to play defense......

MiamiFan1354
01-08-2004, 05:07 PM
I don't know if this was written yet, but Ricky Williams is gonna be on the cover of NFL Street. This worries me. The Madden Curse has been proven, and Madden is EA, so should we assume that Ricky may be hurt because of the, not madden curse, but the EA Cover Curse? We know there is a Madden, and I don't follow Hockey, but someone said the same kind of thing has happen with the NHL. Ne one know NE thing about this?

Ne way.. Just thought I would let everyone know.. sorry if this was already reported.

Dolfan954
01-08-2004, 05:13 PM
Don't lose sleep over it.

bigmiamifan
01-08-2004, 05:14 PM
Huh?

Anyways, looks like Shannon Sharpe trying to tackle him.

MiamiFan1354
01-08-2004, 05:17 PM
It is, players in street go both ways, so you can pick a good QB for your team, but if he's slow or a pansey, he won't help you for D. So getting Ricky would be good because he's fast, and he can tackle too. I'm gonna be taking Dante C. as my QB, dude is HUGE, and a runner.

SECfootball
01-08-2004, 05:21 PM
I was told by a reliable source (Editor of EGM) that it was Barry on the cover.

SECfootball
01-08-2004, 05:25 PM
Actually, it was a review version only, so they probably hadn't signed Ricky as coverboy yet

MiamiFan1354
01-08-2004, 05:26 PM
Yeah, here is a shot of the box. I think.. I dunno

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/239787.asp