PDA

View Full Version : OT: My new video (rockin' my fins gear)

Dubb Sicks
04-26-2010, 01:48 AM
Thought i'd post this off topic here. Maybe there's some Phins fans that like hip-hop. New music video of mine, rocking some of my fins gear in it. Check it out if you want. I'm real excited about the season!!!

4QmPCVs5q5Q

Ricky4Life
04-26-2010, 02:00 AM
Pat White jersey???

Dubb Sicks
04-26-2010, 02:08 AM
My actual last name is White and my favorite # is 6. What are the chances someone with your last name actually gets your favorite # for your favorite team. Had to get the jersey.

CedarPhin
04-26-2010, 02:09 AM
Nothing quite says "Hardcore Ghetto Gangsta" like a white dude rockin' a Pat White jersey.

CedarPhin
04-26-2010, 02:10 AM
What's with the cans of PBR? That doesn't exactly say "hardcore" either. I suspect your budget may have been running low though.

tylerdolphin
04-26-2010, 02:11 AM
Nothing quite says "Hardcore Ghetto Gangsta" like a white dude rockin' a Pat White jersey.
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/11/brown_block_LOLGIF-1.gif

Dubb Sicks
04-26-2010, 02:14 AM
Well, you're wrong about the "hardcore gangster" thing. I'm a white dude that likes to party and occasionally get in a bar fight. I don't have any guns or drive a car on rims. And I drink cheap beer.

CedarPhin
04-26-2010, 02:17 AM
Do you stand in front of that store like Jay and Silent Bob and do raps during the day? Or only for your video?

DisturbedShifty
04-26-2010, 02:17 AM
Well, as a guy that listens to mostly rock. I gues it's not bad. But I HATE that shirt. I wish it would never had been made.

CedarPhin
04-26-2010, 02:18 AM
Well, you're wrong about the "hardcore gangster" thing. I'm a white dude that likes to party and occasionally get in a bar fight. I don't have any guns or drive a car on rims. And I drink cheap beer.

So you're not black like Barry White, you're more white like Frank Black is?

Dubb Sicks
04-26-2010, 02:19 AM
Do you stand in front of that store like Jay and Silent Bob and do raps during the day? Or only for your video?

Nope, that's where I pimp ho's and buy 40's and blunts from.

tylerdolphin
04-26-2010, 02:20 AM
Im a rock guy too. Tough crowd so far though

CedarPhin
04-26-2010, 02:21 AM
I listen to mostly old hip-hop and that stuff, but I'm really not digging the video/song.

JT-forpresident
04-26-2010, 02:35 AM
well, i'm going in a different direction and i'll tell you I dig this...

although I agree with Cedar, it looks kinda cheesy and fake, you put a lot of heart in this and It's actually a very listenable song (although the lyrics are shaky)

I wish you all the best, between a 24 pack of PBR and a dolphins win

:)

JohnBeckHOF
04-26-2010, 02:54 AM
You are clearly a misguided soul who needs to find The Church. Shame on you for peddling this filth.

CedarPhin
04-26-2010, 03:09 AM
HOF, how are you handling the Jizz's win tonight over Denver?

KDog13
04-26-2010, 03:13 AM
You are clearly a misguided soul who needs to find The Church. Shame on you for peddling this filth.

Hey Cedar he is back...... long time no C since BYU went down I guess he checked into solitude. :chuckle:

CedarPhin
04-26-2010, 03:14 AM
It's good to see he didn't commit Hari Kari after the BYU tournament fail.

KDog13
04-26-2010, 03:19 AM
It's good to see he didn't commit Hari Kari after the BYU tournament fail.
:lol2:

JohnBeckHOF
04-26-2010, 03:34 AM
HOF, how are you handling the Jizz's win tonight over Denver?

It was amazing. I was hootin' and hollerin' to cheer the good guys on to victory over those thugs and rapists from Denver.

Had an O'Doul's to celebrate! I'm buzzed!

JohnBeckHOF
04-26-2010, 03:37 AM
Hey Cedar he is back...... long time no C since BYU went down I guess he checked into solitude. :chuckle:

There was a lot of soul searching, brother, but I eventually came through. Besides, its time to prep for the BYU national championship run in football!!! Who's with me?

CedarPhin
04-26-2010, 03:39 AM
There was a lot of soul searching, brother, but I eventually came through. Besides, its time to prep for the BYU national championship run in football!!! Who's with me?

I can't wait till FSU trounces you.

CedarPhin
04-26-2010, 03:40 AM
It was amazing. I was hootin' and hollerin' to cheer the good guys on to victory over those thugs and rapists from Denver.

Had an O'Doul's to celebrate! I'm buzzed!

Were you at the game? On TNT, they mentioned there was a "Jesus or Jazz" controversy there. Being a man of your faith, how did you handle/justify it?

JCane
04-26-2010, 03:40 AM

I think Jesus might actually come...eh, nevermind.

CedarPhin
04-26-2010, 03:43 AM
What's BYU going to win a title in anyway? They can't even win their conference. Horseshoes?

JohnBeckHOF
04-26-2010, 03:46 AM
Football. We actually win. Something that a Hurricanes fan wouldn't know about.

Have fun in the toilet bowl again.

KDog13
04-26-2010, 03:47 AM
What's BYU going to win a title in anyway? They can't even win their conference. Horseshoes?

Horseshoes is a tough game idk

CedarPhin
04-26-2010, 03:47 AM

Will you be back at your 1000th Las Vegas Bowel? When was the last time you won anything of note?

CedarPhin
04-26-2010, 03:48 AM
Horseshoes is a tough game idk

I don't know. If you're in Utah, there isn't much else to do except hone your craft at a game of horseshoes.

KDog13
04-26-2010, 03:50 AM
I don't know. If you're in Utah, there isn't much else to do except hone your craft at a game of horseshoes.

:lol2:

KDog13
04-26-2010, 03:51 AM
Well I am having a couple of good laughs till I will be forced to do 4am homework :(

CedarPhin
04-26-2010, 03:53 AM
At least you're entertained.

KDog13
04-26-2010, 03:56 AM
At least you're entertained.

True but when 4am strikes this will be me :earlyriser:

JCane
04-26-2010, 04:12 AM

Yeah man, five national titles...we wouldn't know anything about winning.

By the way, when is that BYU 30 for 30 going to air?

CedarPhin
04-26-2010, 04:14 AM
Maybe they'll have one on those guys from there that raped that girl at BYU.

CedarPhin
04-26-2010, 04:15 AM
BYU won one "national title" by beating a 6-6 Michigan team in a year that no one would play them.

They fail. That's about the only thing they can clutch to, but it's but a fading memory.

JohnBeckHOF
04-26-2010, 04:19 AM
We have our own TV Network, the BYU network...maybe you've heard of it. Sure beats playing 3rd fiddle on ESPN.

JCane
04-26-2010, 04:21 AM
We have our own TV Network, the BYU network...maybe you've heard of it. Sure beats playing 3rd fiddle on ESPN.

Nah never heard of it.

CedarPhin
04-26-2010, 04:23 AM

Can't say I've ever heard of it. Must be pretty obscure.

CedarPhin
04-26-2010, 04:23 AM
Is it like a giant infomercial

"But wait, there's more! Have two of your friends join the church, and get 10 dollars off of your next BYU sporting event!"

Arsenal WV
04-26-2010, 01:02 PM
Hey dude, that song was pretty legit.

You ever thought about making a live studio album? I have a friend in the business, i'll PM you his number. You remind me of Paul-Wall combined with Fred Durst, and a little Samuel L. Jackson and mixed in to a big blender.

Slim
04-26-2010, 02:38 PM
As a huge hip hop fan, i'll give you my perspective.

The video production was pretty solid. You probably paid a decent amount of money to have that video made. Love the respect you gave the Dolphins... just wish you wore the jersey of a player i didn't despise.

As for the actual track, you remind me a lot of Vinnie Paz from Jedi Mind tricks. Not sure if that's a complement or a shot to be honest. There are definitely some parts in the song where you fall off the beat and couldn't keep up. Especially early on in the track... Also, to be perfectly honest, i have a hard time making out what you say a lot of the time - and believe me i've spent the past 15 years listening to Rap music - so it's not like i'm an untrained ear.
The beat was solid and the chorus was pretty catchy. My knock on this song (and with most hip hop songs these days) is that nothing really stood out to be honest. The lyrics were same old, as was the beat and chorus. Even the title of the song and the album 'Lifestyles of the Sick and Fameless' screams 'Been Done'.

But that's just me. Perhaps the style of Hip hop that i enjoy is not what you're striving for. To each his own i guess.
I hope you take what i've said here with a grain of salt.

Anyway, congrats on the video and best of luck in your career.

Dubb Sicks
04-26-2010, 03:16 PM
Thanks for the views. Arsenal I have 2 studio albums done and on iTunes, but I'm down to make connections any way possible.

Slim, actually I didn't pay anything for the video...a couple of guys approached me after a set when I opened for Ghostface and asked if they could shoot a video for me. Also, I'm a fan of Jedi Mind Tricks...actually opened up for them a couple of times, so Vinnie Paz is a good frame of reference.

Thanks for the views.

**** the Pats and Jets.

:rimshot:

Vaark
04-26-2010, 04:28 PM
First, WTF????? JohnBeckHOF has got a "chaplain" award" ???????? Did I miss the vote???

Now to Mr Vanilla Ice. If you can cut down on the jumping, thumping, yelling and cursing, it might serve you well to consider becoming a Pink Floyd Tribute Band

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/04/DVDPink_FloydThe_wall-1.jpg

SpurzN703
04-26-2010, 07:51 PM
I like how the conversation in here went the opposite direction than what the OP probably hoped for :lol:

Video was good man. WTG :up:

LtDan
04-26-2010, 07:56 PM
not bad

JohnBeckHOF
04-27-2010, 04:26 AM
BYU won one "national title" by beating a 6-6 Michigan team in a year that no one would play them.

They fail. That's about the only thing they can clutch to, but it's but a fading memory.
Let's look at it more closely, shall we?
We do have 1 National Title in football...this is true. It isn't any worse than the MNC's that the Canes won. Those Canes teams were full of thugs, serial-rapists, and other assorted criminals; there should be an asterisk after them for that alone. We won with upstanding citizens.

Our basketball team has 21 NCAA appearances. How many does Miami have?

We're 3 time NCAA men's volleyball champions. How many does Miami Have? Oh wait, they don't have a team.

We won last year's rugby championship over super-powerhouse Cal. Has Miami done that? Oh no, they haven't.

We have a championship in Men's Golf (1981).

We are a national powerhouse in track and field. Miami isn't.

We have a super gymnastics team. Oh wait, Miami doesn't even have a team.

You fail. Stick to recruiting murderers and bank robbers. You need all of them you can get. Maybe you should recruit more of them, looking at your failures in recent years.

CedarPhin
04-27-2010, 04:28 AM
Miami's track and field would run circles around your pitiful squad. We've got more titles in football and baseball, and the same amount in basketball, you know, the only sports that matter.

CedarPhin
04-27-2010, 04:29 AM
I'd still wager that a Randy Shannon-coached team would smash your beloved Cougs into the ground, just like FSU did this year.

JohnBeckHOF
04-27-2010, 04:39 AM
We're going to whip FSU in Tallahassee (I'll be there) this year, en route to the CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!

CedarPhin
04-27-2010, 04:41 AM
Championship of what? Paper airplane making?

Bobby Humphrey
04-27-2010, 05:16 AM
Thought i'd post this off topic here. Maybe there's some Phins fans that like hip-hop. New music video of mine, rocking some of my fins gear in it. Check it out if you want. I'm real excited about the season!!!

4QmPCVs5q5Q

i personally don't like swearing, drinking and hoes ....... but that's just me. i thought the video looked good and you sounded good..... i just didn't like the words ..... but that's just me.

you have talent and i bet people who are into that kinda thing would love you and your thing. really, for what u had to work with i think you did an amazing job.

just keep it away from my children..... ha ha