PDA

View Full Version : Miami Dolphins Franchise (Madden 04)

Prime Time
11-30-2003, 07:55 PM
This will be my Miami Dolphins Franchise that I run on Madden on PS2 5 Min Quarters All-Pro. I will try to keep you all updated as much as possible but please drop a line to let me know you're reading and leave comments or tips on how to improve this and things I should change or leave the same. Here we go !!! Let's go Miami!!!

Miami Dolphins 0-0
Head Coach: Dave Wannstedt
Offensive Coordinator: Norv Turner
Defensive Coordinator: Jim Bates
Special Teams Coach: Keith Armstrong

Prime Time
11-30-2003, 08:17 PM
Miami's Front Office was busy today as they made the following transactions...

Released TE Marco Battaglia (62)
Released ROLB Justin Seaverns (43)
Signed P Matt Turk (81)
Signed TE Donald Lee (73 Created)
Signed ROLB Corey Jenkins (62 Created)

The Dolphins received no Cap Penalties for the releases of Battaglia and Seaverns as they did not have a Bonus and signed Punter Matt Turk to a 6 year deal worth a total of $4.60 Million with a Signing Bonus of $660 K. Corey Jenkins, a rookie OLB out of S. Carolina signed to a 4 year deal worth $2.99 Million and a bonus of $480 Thousand. Donald Lee, a rookie out of Mississippi State signed to a 3 year deal worth $2.36 Million and a Bonus of $360 K.

Prime Time
11-30-2003, 08:35 PM
Today Miami made a trad with the Arizona Cardinals which involved WR Oronde Gadsden (79) and 2004's 2nd Round pick for WR Anquan Boldin (71). General Manager Rick Speilman said he did this for future purposes because OG was not as young as he once was and they felt they were headed a diffrent direction. Anquan Boldin is a rookie out of Florida State who will be the 4th String WR.

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Prime Time
11-30-2003, 09:00 PM
Starters heading into Training Camp/Pre-Season

QB-Jay Fiedler
RB-Ricky Williams
FB-Rob Konrad
LT-Mark Dixon
LG-Jamie Nails
C-Tim Ruddy
RG-Todd Perry
RT-Todd Wade
TE-Randy McMichael
WR-Chris Chambers
WR-Derrius Thompson

RE-Jason Taylor
DT-Tim Bowens
DT-Larry Chester
LE-Adewale Ogunleye
LOLB-Morlon Greenwood
MLB-Zach Thomas
ROLB-Junior Seau
CB-Patrick Surtain
CB-Sam Madison
FS-Brock Marion
SS-Sammy Knight

K-Olindo Mare
P-Matt Turk
KR-Charlie Rogers
KR-Travis Minor
PR-Charlie Rogers
LS-Ed Perry

Prime Time
12-02-2003, 09:51 PM
Miami trades FB Deon Dyer (75) and 1st Round pick for Arizona's 4th Round Pick and Oronde Gadsden (79).

Stupid I know....but I wanted OG back for one more season just to play opposite of CC. When I realized this I already traded him. So what though? I can go a year without a 1st or a 2nd :(

Prime Time
12-02-2003, 10:45 PM
27-Tampa Bay @ Miami-24
(1-0) (0-1)

Miami's starters played one quarter and were dominant. The Defense held the Bucs to 41 yards in the 1st quarter but when the back ups came in, it all went down hill. The Second and Third Team Defense got stomped on...giving up all 27 points. 13 of those points coming in the second quarter. Miami's first TD was a Travis Minor run from 5 yards out.Griese 20 yard pass to TE Donald Lee was the Dolphins 2nd TD. The Dolphins gave up 14 points in the 4th Quarter and almost came back as Griese found newly acquired, locker room favorite Oronde Gadsden in the front of the enzone. Gadsden signaled off his touchdown with his OG hand celebration. His first one since last year. The fans answered very well to his. But Miami had given up 14 points in the 4th Quarter and could not come back. Miami loses it's first Pre-Season game...27-24.

Stats

Bucs Offense - 308 Yards
Sapp 3 Tackles, INT .....lol

Griese 11-16, 183 Yds, 2 TDs, INT
Minor 7 Att, 53 Yds, TD
Gadsden 4 Rec, 78 Yds, TD
Wade 4 Pancakes, 2 Sacks
Thomas 4 Tackles
Buckley 4 Tackles
Jenkins 4 Tackles
Taylor 1 Tackle, 1 Sack

Quotes from the Game

WR Oronde Gadsden
"I felt that I had a great return in front of the home town. You know It has been a while since they have seen me wear the aqua and orange. I am glad I had a good day, but we did not win, and that was discouraging. But It's Pre-Season, and that is what Pre-Season is for. Now we will go to practice and we know what to fix for next week."

Coach Dave Wannstedt
"Griese did get a little dinged up since he took so many hits. The second team O-Line must pass block better, but run block they did outstanding. I am glad to see the Offense is clicking, but we can still improve and that is what we plan to do."

CB Sam Madison
"We went out there and played hard. It was ahard fought game, it always is when Miami plays Tampa (chuckled). We have 3 weeks to improve in the areas we feel we must improve. I am just glad I played...I was listed as questionable and coaches did not want to risk me going out there, but I felt good, really good."

FB Rob Konrad
"The team did excellent. Against the Super Bowl Champs from last year on top of that. I mean we were doing a good job out there even though the score shows a loss. We will learn from this and move on, that is all there is to do....PLUS it doesn't count (laughs)."

Prime Time
12-03-2003, 01:08 AM
40-Miami @ Jacksonville-14
(1-1) (0-2)

Miami dominated in all phases of the game, especially on Defense. Miami forced 5 turnovers, all which were Interceptions. 2 by 4th String CB Jamar Fletcher who has been heavily criticized ever since entering a Dolphins uniform. 2 of them came by Patrick Surtain, who was selected to the Pro Bowl last year after having a monster year. One of his two INTs was for a score. The other INT came by Sam Madison. All three Miami QBs got playing time, but Griese put up the best numbers, although he did get clobbered as the lack of mobility is really showing this Pre-Season. Ricky ran for 67 yards on 8 attempts and had a fumble which the Fins recovered. The only Miami turnover came off a late INT by Kiwaukee Thomas as he Intercepted Sage Rosenfels and took it 53 yards to the house. Miami showed signs of improvement, but still have long ways to go before they can say they are Super Bowl Bound.

Key Stats

Miami Turnovers: 1
Jacksonville Turnovers: 5

Points off of Jax Turnovers : 27

Griese 6-9, 64 Yds, TD
Williams 8 Att, 67 Yds, TD, Fumble
Wade 7 Pancakes
Thomas 6 Tackles
Taylor 2 Tackles, 1 Sack
Fletcher 0 Tackles, 2 INTs
Surtain 2 Tackles, 2 INTs, TD
Mare 4-4, Long of 48
Turk 2 Punts, 47.0 Avg, 49 Long

Quotes from the Game

FS Brock Marion
"We played well out there, Defense especially. We really picked it up this week, ask the fans who saw us practice at Training Camp. We have been playing really hard and I feel real good about this up coming season."

QB Sage Rosenfels
"I had a decent game. Since the game was sealed, we ran the ball and I did not have many opportunities to throw the ball. I did make one mistake by overthrowing Oronde Gadsden and giving Jacksonville an Interception. Other than that I thought I played decent"

Coach Dave Wannstedt
"I think the team played solid overall. The Defensive Backs really stepped it up back there. Jamar (Fletcher) and Pat (Surtain) made some key plays as did Madison. They all had solid performances. I think the team had a pretty solid performance. We just need to build from here and move on"

LB Morlon Greenwood
"This was a good game for us all. I for one think the whole team was solid. We played 10 times better then we played last week against Tampa. I played better as well, Seau and Zach are really helping me out, and I look forward to a great season playing next to them."

CB Sam Madison
"Very good game. I enjoyed it, talked to some of my buddies, like Jimmy Smith. It was fun covering him, talking a little trash with him. The bad thing was we only played one half, so I did not get to do much talking, but we play them in the season, so hopefully I'll be healthy and ready to go. Next we play Michael Vick, who is always dangerous...so we have to be prepared."

gunsnroses
12-03-2003, 10:40 PM
Glad to see somebody else likes Madden Franchises like me. Keep it up. Great so far!

Prime Time
12-03-2003, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by gunsnroses
Glad to see somebody else likes Madden Franchises like me. Keep it up. Great so far!

Thanks for reading. I love Madden Franchises, and I love typing about them and everything but only when people are reading it and are interested. Otherwise I feel like I am waisting my time. Thanks for reading, I just hope more people start responding.

iceblizzard69
12-03-2003, 11:12 PM
You overpaid for Turk man. He is a punter, and you have him a 6 year deal worth over 4 million. :nono:

Prime Time
12-03-2003, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by iceblizzard69
You overpaid for Turk man. He is a punter, and you have him a 6 year deal worth over 4 million. :nono:

This is what I like to see....comments good or bad!

And In my defense....I have Mark Royals at Punter, so I was desperate :lol:

But for real...he is making less than 1 million each year and probably won't even see the final year in his contract. I still have Royals but I am letting him go in FA after this year. I am not going to do it this year because I will take a cap hit. I am IMO a very good GM (didnt show it in that OG move) in Madden, and I hate taking cap hits because I need all the money I can get. Watch, next year I will be going after Mike McMahon in Free Agency and still keep Griese and Fiedler.

Prime Time
12-04-2003, 03:31 PM
3-Atlanta (0-3) @ Miami-38 (2-1)

Miami had another dominant game against the Atlanta Falcons who are predicted to have one of the top offenses in the NFL. Miami held them to 3 points which came in the second quarter. Miami took total control of this game with 2:08 left in the first as Jay Fiedler found Randy McMichael in the endzone for a score. Miami's defense played extremely well against the pass and the run. Miami gave up 154 total yards on Defense and Vick picked up 22 of those on the ground on two rushes. At times though it seemed Miami was playing the Bengals. Miami was just controlling the tempo of the game throughout it. The front 4 put constant pressure on the QBs which lead to their combined 31% completion number, which was quite the opposite of Miami's QBs as they cominbed had an 81% completion number. Jay and Griese each got a half of playing time but Fiedler completely dominated throwing for 223 yards and 3 TDs. Miami caused one turnover off a Doug Johnson throw which Surtain took it back to the house, his second of the Pre-Season. Miami will take on the New Orleans Saints next week in their final preseason game.

Key Stats

Falcons Total Offense: 154 Yds
Vick 4-10, 59 yards --- 2 Att, 22 Yds
Fiedler 13-17, 223 Yds, 3 TD
Griese 7-8, 95 Yds, TD
McMichael 4 Rec, 56 Yds
Konrad 4 Rec, 41 Yds
Thomas 7 Tackles, 1 Sack (otherwise known as a ZACK!!)
Surtain 3 Tackles, INT, TD

Interesting Stat...

Fiedler 24-38, 343 Yds, 3 TD, 3 Sacks, 43 Long
Griese 24-33, 342 Yds, 4 TD, INT, 6 Sacks, 42 Long

Very Simliar...QB Controversy perhaps????

Quotes from the Game

QB Brian Griese (on his performance):
"I felt good out there, I am really picking up the system now. It is only a matter of time before I have it all together. I still don't have it all down because sometimes when I am out there I don't know the routes the WRs are running which has led to the hits I have given up. But once I get this down, it shouldn't be happening as often."

QB Brian Griese (On his similar stats with Fiedler so far):
"Hey Man, Jay has been doing it against teams regular defense, I have been doing it against team's 2nd and 3rd Defenses. None the less If I need to be called in to play for injury or something, I think I will be ready to do so"

CB Patrick Surtain (On how he feels especially ocming off of surgery):
"Well I am feeling really good right now, especially after the year I had last year, being nominated to the Pro Bowl and everything. I feel that I am improving and will continue to do so. It is great knowing that you do not have to take account to the third and 4th WR as well. I am very pleased that Jamar Fletcher and Terrell Buckley are on this team. They are making my job easier."

RB Ricky Williams (On the way the team is playing):
"We are playing very solid football. Both on the offensive and defensive side. Both the starters and 2nd and 3rd teams of players. We have more talent on this football team then I have ever seen. We have all 22 starters back and I personally can;t wait until regular season, since I will not be getting many touches versus New Orleans."

WR Chris Chambers (On what type of Season he is expecting)
" I am expecting a very productive one. One better than last year. My goal is to reach the 1000 yard mark, but I think I will hit 850 around there, but with Jay and his improved long ball, you never know. This year I will also be played in the slot once in a while like I did as a rookie, this should help provide mismatches and help Jay get me some deep balls. I am looking forward to a great year."

gunsnroses
12-04-2003, 07:58 PM
Keep it going. Really good so far.

Prime Time
12-05-2003, 12:43 AM
Keep it going. Really good so far.

Thanks man. Good to know you're reading. I appreciate that.

Prime Time
12-05-2003, 01:15 AM
14-Miami (2-2) @ New Orleans-21 (1-2-1)

Miami played their starters for one quarter. Then from there on out Miami's offense seemed to struggle as did the Defense at times. Miami looked nothing like the team that had been dominant the past two weeks. You could partially blame it on the inaffectiveness of the 3 backup RBs who together combined for 23 yards. Robert Edwards, Charlie Rogers, and Travis Minor all struggled and due to the inaffectiveness of the run game the Saints concentrated on the pass picking of Sage Rosenfels 3 times in the second half, before giving him a sprained ankle. Then 4th string QB Corey Jenkins who is an OLB who played QB in his college days came in and threw an INT returned to the house for a TD. That was the deciding factor in the game, but Miami's starters looked quite solid, and are prepared for the season opener next week against Houston.

Key Stats

(New Orleans) Bellamy - 2 INTs

Rosenfels 5-9, 48 yards, 3 INT
Williams 4 carries, 27 yards, TD
Gadsden 3 Rec, 49 yds
Knight 5 Tackles, FF
Thomas 3 Tackles, INT

Pre-Season Stats

Brian Griese 28-38, 374 Yds, 4 TD, INT, 42 Long
Jay Fiedler 27-41, 378 Yds, 3 TD, 43 Long
Oronde Gadsden 10 Catches 196 Yds, TD
Chris Chambers 9 catches, 137 Yds, TD
Todd Wade 17 Pancakes, 3 Sacks
Zach Thomas 19 Tackles, Sack, INT
Patrick Surtain 12 Tackles, 3 INTs, 2 TDs
Olindo Mare 6-6, 48 Long
Matt Turk 5 Punts, 43.0 Avg, 37.0 Net Avg
Mark Royals 5 Punts, 42.1 Avg (:eek:), 27.3 Net Avg
Not one WR,RB, TE, FB caught more than one TD pass.

Quotes from the Game

P Matt Turk (On If he believes he won the starting job)
" I don't know, that will be up for coach to decide. Whoever wins out the position between me and Mark (Royals) deserves it. We have both been playing well and our Averages have been pretty good and similar."

RB Travis Minor (On his play)
"Pathetic. 2 Carries, 0 Yards? I must improve, becuase there will be a time in the season when Miami needs me and I will need to step up and make a play or two. I only had 2 attempts, but still 0 yards is not something to be proud of. I am glad I have Ricky (Williams) to teach me some techniques because the way I played today looks like I need all the help I can get."

SS Sammy Knight (On His return back to New Orleans)
"Felt good. Felt very good. I talked to some of my friends who I did not get a chance to say good bye to. The fans cheered me as I came in the locker room and out to the field. Man I could not believe I stripped that ball off McAllister, I wanted to so make that a turnover, but the ball bounced out of bounds, but hey that is the way things go."

RT Todd Wade (On his outstanding Pre-Season Performance)
"I am feeling really good. I feel like I did my rookie year. I think I passed blocked and run blocked very well this Pre-Season, and I hope to carry that into the season. But there is always room for improvement."

Prime Time
12-05-2003, 01:22 AM
Starters heading into Training Camp/Pre-Season

QB-Jay Fiedler
RB-Ricky Williams
FB-Rob Konrad
LT-Mark Dixon
LG-Jamie Nails
C-Tim Ruddy
RG-Todd Perry
RT-Todd Wade
TE-Randy McMichael
WR-Chris Chambers
WR-Oronde Gadsden

RE-Jason Taylor
DT-Tim Bowens
DT-Larry Chester
LE-Adewale Ogunleye
LOLB-Morlon Greenwood
MLB-Zach Thomas
ROLB-Junior Seau
CB-Patrick Surtain
CB-Sam Madison
FS-Brock Marion
SS-Sammy Knight

K-Olindo Mare
P-Matt Turk (I meant to list Royals as starter before)
KR-Charlie Rogers
KR-Travis Minor
PR-Charlie Rogers
LS-Ed Perry

Snickersbps
12-05-2003, 02:24 AM
so wait...im enjoying reading, but I have no idea whats going on. i dont really play video games much at all anymore...are those quotes really from the game or do you make them up? Help a confused guy out over here!

Oh yeah, nice job, keep it up:D

Prime Time
12-05-2003, 01:50 PM
I just make them up. How cool would it be for them to actually do that in the game though?

Prime Time
12-05-2003, 01:56 PM
Miami (0-0)
0 Ranked Offense
0 Ranked Defense

Houston (0-0)
0 Ranked Offense
0 Ranked Defense

Stats:
Williams led league in rushing last year.
Carr led league in most times being sacked.
Taylor led league in sacks.

Injury Report (I will usually make it up since in real life there alot of injuries but in the game there aren't too many. But If it is one that actually happened in the game I will put a star next to it.)

Miami
Probable: Tim Ruddy (Ankle),Arturo Freeman (Calf), Taylor Whitley (Foot)
Questionable: *Shawn Wooden (Concussion)
Doubtful:
Out:

Houston
Probable: *Gary Walker (Shoulder), *Avion Black (Back)
Questionable:
Doubtful: *Seth Wand (Forearm), *Shannon Taylor (Ankle)
Out: *Dominick Davis (Femur?)

Prime Time
12-05-2003, 04:44 PM
(0-1) 20-Houston @ Miami-27 (1-0)

Miami against Houston. Should have been a route right? Well It wasn't. Miami struggled merclessly against the Texans almost losing the ball game. Miami came out running and running well. Ricky Williams broke a 61 yarder with 2:03 to play in the 1st quarter to make it 7-3 Miami. The Dolphins also tried to hit the big play but when they tried to in the first half, Jamie Nails let his defender go by and Fiedler got hit as he threw causing an underthrow and an INT. Fiedler threw 3 INTs, giving the Texans numerous chances to come back and attempt to win the game, but David Carr also made mistakes. He threw 2 INTs to Sam Madison, one returned to the house for a TD. Houston was down 20-3 at the start of the third quarter, then the Dolphins started to collapse. After a Fiedler INT, the Texans had good field position and the Defense could not stop a 19 yard pass from David Carr to rookie WR Andre Johnson who played for UM last year. Then with a little over 2 mins to play in the game Miami had to punt the ball, and Avion Black ended up returning it 75 yards to the house for a TD. The game was now tied and with the way Jay Fiedler was playing, it looked like they would have to take it into OT. But then, Jay came out and lit up the Texan's Defense, throwing 6 of 7 on the drive, and the crucial TD pass to Chris Chambers. But just when you thought it was over, Houston would not give up. With 59 seconds and no Time Outs Houston started driving down the field. Carr lit up the Dolphin Defense who looked very confused at times, and failed to get a pass rush as they only got 1 sack on the man who was sacked 73 times last year. On 3rd and 11 from the Dolphins 13 yard line with 11 seconds to go in the game, Carr dropped backed to pass threw the ball and completed it to Andre Johnson at the 2 yard line who was then hit by Brock Marion and fumbled the ball. Sam Madison recovered it and the Dolphins ran the ball on one play to end the game. Miami looked very shaky in the passing game and the Dolphins Defense struggled in the second half. Now after Week 1 of the 2003 Season, there is already a QB Controversy as people are calling for Brian Griese.

Player(s) of the Game:
Brock Marion, 7 Tackles, FF
Sam Madison 1 Tackle, 2 INTs, FR, TD

Key Stats

Hou
3rd Down Conversions 4-13 (30%)
Sacks allowed - 1
Avion Black 1 PR, 75 Yds, TD
David Carr 16-36 231 Yds, TD, 2 INT
Andre Johnson 6 Rec, 85 Yds, TD
Corey Bradford 3 Rec, 74 Yds
Tony Boselli 4 Pancakes, 1 Sack

Mia
Brock Marion 7 Tackles, FF
Ricky Williams 16 Att, 125 Yds, TD, 61 Long
Chris Chambers 6 Rec, 60 Yds, TD
Jay Fiedler 17-34, 166 Yds, TD, 3 INT

Quotes from the Game

DE Jason Taylor (On the game)
"We took the Texans for granted period. So did I. I said heck, worst passing O-Line in Football, heck I will have 2-3 sacks. Well Tony (Boselli) dominated me out there. He pancaked me 4 times, and allowed 1 sack. I did not get pass rush, even when they used me in the Tiger Defense. I took this team for granted as did most of us."

CB Sam Madison (On his 3 Turnovers)
"I am thrilled that I got those 3 Turnovers. 2 INTs, 1 TD and the game saving Fumble Recovery. It doesn't get much better than that for an individual, but the team lacked in some areas today, we need to improve before we head to New York this coming week."

TE Randy McMichael (On the game)
"We won. That's all that matters. Period. You will win some impressively and win others ugly. As long as you win all is well. Who knows we might go to New York and score 100 points. It does not matter as long as you win. A win is a win, doesn't matter how pretty or how ugly. I'll take winning ugly all year If that's what it takes to win the Super Bowl."

Coach Dave Wannstedt (On If this game has allowed Griese to have an opportunity to start next week)
"I do not want to talk about a QB Controversy, because there is none. Jay had a good game, 50% completion ratio, the only bad thing were the 2 INTs, the 1st one was not his fault, as he was hit as he threw and that caused an under thrown ball. Jay will be the starter next week unless other wise stated."

Prime Time
12-05-2003, 04:59 PM
Sam Madison was named Defensive Player of the Week for the NFL/AFC by the NFL for his performance against the Houston Texans.

Sam Madison
1 Tackle, 2 INTs, FR, TD

Prime Time
12-05-2003, 05:10 PM
1. New England Patriots 1-0
2. Miami Dolphins 1-0
3. New York Jets 0-1
4. Buffalo Bills 0-1

Prime Time
12-05-2003, 05:11 PM
Miami (1-0)
15 Ranked Offense
10 Ranked Defense

New York Jets (0-1)
5 Ranked Offense
6 Ranked Defense

Stats

Miami
Ricky Williams 5th in NFL in rushin (125 Yds)
Jay Fiedler 3rd Worst QB Rating in NFL (37.1)
Sam Madison 2 INTs
O-Line: 0 Sacks Given up
Miami 24th Ranked against the Pass

New York
Chad Pennington Best in AFC in Yards (297 Yds)
5 Sacks Allowed (Ranked 26th in the NFL)
Turnover Difference -3
Victor Hobson 2 Sacks (TIed for second in NFL)

Injury Report

Miami
Probable: *Shawn Wooden (Concussion), DE Rob Burnett (Hamstring), TE Donald Lee (Knee)
Questionable:
Doubtful:
Out:

New York
Probable: *Chad Pennington (Shoulder)
Questionable:
Doubtful: *Dave Yovanovitz (Hand)
Out: *Mo Lewis (Forearm)

Prime Time
12-05-2003, 08:04 PM
(2-0) 35-Miami @ New York Jets -17 (0-2)

Miami started out the same way it ended its game vs Houston. Jay Fiedler threw an INT to Aaron Beasley returned 82 yards for a TD. But on the following series, Fiedler found Chambers behind the secondary for a 64 yard TD pass. They later found each other on a 30 yard pass for a TD. Miami's Defense played quite solid, not giving up much yardage, but not forcing any turnovers. The accurate Chad Pennington threw balls either on the money or somewhere where the CB couldn't pick it off. He was sacked twice by Jason Taylor who now has 3 on the year. Jay Fiedler did throw 2 INTs but threw 3 Tds. Still, people are calling for Griese. Wannstedt is sticking with Fiedler for now, but If that INT number doesn't start to improve, we may see Bob's son in soon.

Player of the Game:

Chris Chambers 6 Rec, 141 Yds, 2 TD, Long 64, FF

Key Stats

NYJ
Chad Pennington 16-28, 157 Yds, TD
Curtis Martin 11 Att, 23 Yds
Aaron Beasley 4 Tackles, INT, TD
Donnie Abraham 6 Tackles, INT

Mia
Jay Fiedler 19-24, 265 Yds, 3 TD, 2 INT
Ricky Williams 20 Att, 79 Yds, TD
Chris Chambers 6 Rec, 141 Yds, 2 TD, Long 64, FF
Randy McMichael 5 Rec, 55 Yds, TD
Jason Taylor 4 Tackles, 2 Sacks
Morlon Greenwood 4 Tackles

Quotes from the Game

LB Junior Seau (On the Game)
"We went out there and got the job done. We are playing agressively and have not given up big plays. I just started playing for Miami, and can already see why Miami and New York has a big rival. It was a good game to be a part of."

RB Ricky Williams (On the passing game)
"It was nice to see Jay connect with Chris. They have both been working really hard this off-season to get the deep ball to work. Today they showed they can get it done. Chris showed he will be a top WR in the league for years to come."

QB Jay Fiedler (On the Big plays in the Air)
"Me and Chambers have worked on it and worked on it, and today we produced. Hopefully, we can continue to do so, because he and I will both take 140 yards from him a game (chuckles).

QB Jay Fiedler (On his INTs)
"I have made the wrong decisions. Plain and Simple, Cut and Dry. I will improve on that, I just have made the wrong reads. But we won today, and that is all that matters, now onto Buffalo."

gunsnroses
12-05-2003, 09:14 PM
Great game by Chambers. How did he get a force fumble? Did Fiedler throw an INT then Chambers force a fumble. Maybe you should start Chambers on D. :D

Prime Time
12-05-2003, 10:10 PM
Great game by Chambers. How did he get a force fumble? Did Fiedler throw an INT then Chambers force a fumble. Maybe you should start Chambers on D. :D

Actually, Jay threw a ball right on the money to CC, he caught it ran for extra yardage was hit fumbled, then the guy on the return got 5 yards up field before getting hit by CC and Gadsden recovered the Fumble.

Snickersbps
12-05-2003, 11:17 PM

I was wondering the same thing...galad Im not the only one

man, I havnt played video games for years, minus a few NFL Blitz and Project Gotham Racing games with a few friends, but boy, you're makin me want to head over to Target and pick me up some games!

What system is this on anyways?

Prime Time
12-05-2003, 11:22 PM
:lol: Glad I could have you pondering the thought of buying games, This is on Play Station 2.

Prime Time
12-05-2003, 11:36 PM
1. Miami Dolphins 2-0
2. New England Patriots 2-0
3. New York Jets 0-2
4. Buffalo Bills 0-2

Prime Time
12-05-2003, 11:38 PM
Miami (2-0)
13 Ranked Offense
2 Ranked Defense

Buffalo (0-2)
17 Ranked Offense
9 Ranked Defense

Stats:

Buffalo
Drew Bledsoe is 4th in NFL in INTs (4 INTs)
Travis Henry 8th in AFC in Rushing Yards (172)
19th Ranked in Passing
4 TDs all season (2 by Henry)

Miami
Jay Fiedler 3rd in NFL in INT (5 INTs)
Ricky Williams 6th in the NFL in Rushing Yards (204)
Chris Chambers 4th in NFL in Yards (201)
Chris Chambers 2nd in NFL in TDs for a WR (3)

Injury Report

Miami
Probable: *Shawn Wooden (Concussion), Patrick Surtain (Ankle), Zach Thomas (Hand)
Questionable: *Seth McKinney (Forearm)
Doubtful:
Out:

Houston
Probable: Sam Adams(Shoulder), Josh Reed (Finger)
Questionable:
Doubtful:
Out: *Jeff Posey (Ankle)

MarinoFan4Life
12-05-2003, 11:44 PM
Miami Herald note:

FANS CALL FOR TURNER TO CALL MORE CONSERVATIVLEY!!! "RICKY 2K" SIGNS ABOUND PRO PLAYER STADIUM!!!!!!!!

Prime Time
12-06-2003, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by MarinoFan4Life
Miami Herald note:

FANS CALL FOR TURNER TO CALL MORE CONSERVATIVLEY!!! "RICKY 2K" SIGNS ABOUND PRO PLAYER STADIUM!!!!!!!!

First they want him too not to be as conservative now they want him to be conservative, make up your minds Dol-Fans. :lol: :jk:

But seriously, keep it going, I love the comments.

zonk39
12-06-2003, 07:40 PM
Dude,

I'm loving this, I just stared my second year. I went 16-0 and won th SP (all-pro). Ricky ran for 2013 yards nd was MVP for the season. Its fun reading this. By he way I picked up Northcut from the Browns, I also sign DiNopli at center and traded Ruddy to Cleveland Saving abut 2 Mil in cap room. I did take a cap hit of 1 mil, I thought it would be worth it.

Zonk

t2thejz
12-06-2003, 08:12 PM
Hey zonk how long are your quarters

zonk39
12-06-2003, 08:30 PM
5 Min

zonk39
12-06-2003, 08:31 PM
I had 5 close games. 2 ot, 3 winning field goal, and 1 Goal line stance.

Prime Time
12-06-2003, 11:07 PM
Thanks for reading Zonk, please continue to do so, and add some comments about who is doing what or who is doing nothing. Just stuff like that keeps me wanting to continue to do this. Thanks for reading, by the way that sounds like 6 close games ;).

Prime Time
12-06-2003, 11:33 PM
(0-3) 14-Buffalo Bills @ Miami-34 (3-0)

A nationally televised game in front of a sold out Pro Player Stadium was the setting of Miami's third game of the year. The fans were jumpy and excited as they awaited the beginning of the game. Well the fans got their money's worth, unless they were BUffalo Bill Fans. Miami took control of this game with 2 sacks in the first drive, one by Jason Taylor and one by Adewale Ogunleye. This set the tone of the game. On the first play of scrimmage for Miami, Ricky Williams took a handoff to the right side, broke 3 seperate tackles and scored an 80 yard TD, the longest of his career. Buffalo now was already trailing with less than 4 minutes into the game. Buffalo's Offense struggled. Buffalo could not establish the run against the #1 Run Defense in the NFL so they had to pass and when Bledsoe got shut down, Buffalo had no chance of winnig this game. Jay Fiedler made Miami's only turnover as he was sacked and fumbled in Miami territory. Bledsoe ended the drive with a TD pass to Josh Reed from 25 yards out. Bledsoe and Reed hooked up for another score late in the game. After recovering an onside kick late, Bledsoe tried to score again but to no avail. As he was sacked two times, on back to back plays. Then on 3rd and 21, Bledsoe went deep and was picked off by Sammy Knight, his first as a Miami Dolphin. This sealed the game and Miami had an impressive win. Another quick note was Oronde Gadsden making his first TD catch as a Miami Dolphin since the 2001 season. He caught the ball in the back of the endzone, then did his "OG" pose and took the ball to the sideline. The fans responded extremely well to this. This sealed the game and Miami had an impressive win. They will now head in to their Bye Week undefeated.

Player of the Game:

DE Jason Taylor 5 Tackles, 3 Sacks, FR

Key Stats

Buf
Josh Reed 3 Rec 101 Yds 2 TD
Travis Henry 11 Att, 21 Yds
Turnover Ratio -1
7 Sacks Given Up
1-7 on 3rd Down

Mia
7 Sacks by Defense
Jay Fiedler 21-28, 232 Yds, 3 TD
Ricky Williams 14 Att, 123 Yds, TD
Rob Konrad 7 Rec, 49 Yds
Junior Seau 4 Tackles, Sack, FF
Sammy Knight 1 Tackle, INT

Quotes from the Game

SS Sammy Knight (On his INT)
"Well, we were playing a man to man Defense, with me and Brock (Marion) playing in Zone Coverage. I read Bledsoe's eyes and jumped in front of Moulds for the INT. I was very happy to make a play to stop a possible score for Buffalo."

RB Ricky Williams (On his longest run of his career)
"It didn't come easy. I broke 3 tackles, but the blocks were excellent. The whole line did a great job blocking for me on that play, all night as a matter of a fact. I am glad I did it on National TV, now people who were saying last year was a fluke know that I can break the big one. (Points to ball he kept from the 80 Yard Run)

RB/KR/PR Charlie Rogers (On his injury)
"Just a strained shoulder. I could not go after the first quarter, but now we have a Bye Week, which gives me extra time to heal up. I should be fine for our next game."

LB Zach Thomas (On the Sacks)
"We mixed the Defense up alot. Alot. Drew (Bledsoe) had trouble figuring out what we were doing and just couldn't have time to figure it out. HE is a tough guy though. 7 Sacks and he played all game. If that was me, well I wouldn't be here right now (laughs)."

Prime Time
12-06-2003, 11:39 PM
1. Miami Dolphins 3-0
2. New England Patriots 3-0
3. New York Jets 0-3
4. Buffalo Bills 0-3

Prime Time
12-06-2003, 11:40 PM
1. Miami Dolphins 3-0
2. New England Patriots 3-1
3. Buffalo Bills 1-3
4. New York Jets 0-4

Prime Time
12-06-2003, 11:52 PM
Miami (3-0)
9 Ranked Offense
1 Ranked Defense

New York Giants (2-1)
7 Ranked Offense
11 Ranked Defense

Stats:

New York Giants
28th in Rushing Offense
Allowing 13.6 Points a Game (3rd Best in NFL)
TO Difference 4 (5th best in NFL)
Tiki Barber 2nd Most TDs in NFL (4)

Miami
1st in Rushing Defense
Jay Fiedler Best in AFC Completion % (66%)
Chris Chambers 5th in AFC in TDs for a WR (34)
Jason Taylor 2nd in NFL in Sacks (6)

Injury Report

Miami
Probable: *Shawn Wooden (Concussion), *Charlie Rogers (Shoulder)
Questionable: *Seth McKinney (Forearm)
Doubtful:
Out:

New York Gaints
Probable:
Questionable: *Chirs Bober (Wirst)
Doubtful: *Frank Ferrara (Elbow)
Out: *Kerry Collins (Elbow)

Snickersbps
12-07-2003, 06:33 AM
wow...chambers has 34 TDs and is 5th in AFC?! J/p I know its a type :D

got no complaints at the moment...looks good thus far

t_scrible
12-07-2003, 03:10 PM
Good Luck with this. You should post this over at Maddenmania.com

Prime Time
12-08-2003, 12:49 AM
Thanks guys! Keep reading...I appreciate it.

MarinoFan4Life
12-08-2003, 05:51 PM
Prime, you've have like 18 hours to post a new game and I see nothing. Your ratings are falling!!!!!!!!!! :goof:

Prime Time
12-09-2003, 12:43 AM
:lol: Sorry, I was too depressed after our loss yesterday to type anything up, and school is back. Give me some time, when I do not have alot of homework and soccer to do, which will probably be Wednesday, then I will post. I have already played the Giants. It is just the matter of me having time to post the results.

MarinoFan4Life
12-09-2003, 12:15 PM
Haha buddy, just messin with ya! Seriously though, this is awesome. Anyone wanna know what's happening in year 4 of my dynasty? Jay Fiedler is up for MVP, but ended up with the Raiders in some dealing I did. The Dolphins have Mike Vick, and he is also up for MVP, the second leading candidate, behind Ricky Williams, of course. David Terrell has emerged as a SOLID #2 receiver behind Chambers with Sam Simmons and JR Tolver providing some serious depth. Miami traded a greedy Zach Thomas, who held out for 5 weeks, and a second round pick to Baltimore for Ray Lewis. Eddie Moore has emerged as a serious linebacker in the league. Sam Madison and Wally Ogunleye are in the lead of the league for Interceptions and Sacks, respectively. Artruro Freeman is playing well in the FS position since Brock Marions retirement. Jamar Fletcher is the teams #3 CB behind Surtain and Madison, and is currently the 4th(or 5th) CB being voted into the Pro-Bowl. The Dolphins are paying mucho money for their coaches Dave Wannstedt, Mike Sherman, Mike SHanahan and Norv Turner. Also, Ricky is leading the league in yards with a 200 yard cushion on Corey Dillon, the next leading rusher. Also, Ricky is the active leader among running backs with touchdowns. Surpassing the likes of Marshall Faulk and Curtis Martin. I can't think of anything else to report on my team, except that they are AWESOME! Oh yeah, in a true tribute to the DOlphins, 4 of my offensive linemen are being voted for in the probowl, and 3 of those 4 are up for offensive linemen of the year.

Awesome

Prime Time
12-09-2003, 07:36 PM
Cool, you should have Boldin start opposite of Chambers. He should have a low rating, trade for him.

MarinoFan4Life
12-09-2003, 07:51 PM
NOOOOOOOO... I hate to say it, but I LOVE terrell in this game... Boldin isn't coming to this team.

Snickersbps
12-09-2003, 07:58 PM
not to take away from your guys' convo and fun, but i saw madden 04 for x-box earlier today. is it significantly different than the PS2 one, and can you play it online?

and wow MarinoFan...talk about team of the century

MarinoFan4Life
12-09-2003, 08:01 PM
LoL, it's all legit, btw. I didn't turn off the cap or anything, I'm just a shrewd and awesome business man. My teams are ALWAYS making me money... I love it.

MarinoFan4Life
12-09-2003, 08:02 PM
and no, the Xbox doesn't support Madden Online... because EA and microsoft are a bunch of gays

Snickersbps
12-09-2003, 08:38 PM
oh hey, I just noticed they have it for PC too(eBay) lemme guess...still no Madden online for that either

NinersSBChamps
12-09-2003, 10:24 PM
if you get xbox live i believe you can play online...

Prime Time
12-10-2003, 01:06 AM
Sorry newbie that is not true. You may not play Madden Online If you have an XBOX. But PC is playable online as is Ps2. Those are the only two things. Well guys I was absent Friday, and I am doine with my make up work. Expect an update tommorow (Wed.)

MarinoFan4Life
12-10-2003, 10:50 AM
Bout friggin time...

Prime Time
12-10-2003, 04:57 PM
:lol: Update should be up in an hour or two.

Prime Time
12-10-2003, 06:17 PM
(4-0) 41-Miami @ New Yew Giants-7 (2-2)

A game that truly proved how much Kerry Collins means in New York. The QB was sidelined with an injury. His replacement was not so hot. Jesse Palmer through 4 INTs and was sacked twice, once by Adewale Ogunleye and once by Larry Chester, his first of the year. The game started getting points on the board with a Charlie Rogers 68 yard punt return for a TD. Then the points kept coming for Miami. McMichael scored a TD, as did Konrad. Palmer then tried to get his team back into it but to no avail. He threw 2 INTs in the 3rd Quarter, one to Brock Marion, which was almost brought to the house and one to Zach Thomas in the endzone. New York scored late on a 70 yard bomb and then recovered an onside kick. Palmer followed this up with an INT to Terrel Buckley who got down to the 3 yard line. After Miami put up 7, Giants got the ball and Palmer again threw an INT to Buckley who slid down for the win.

Player of the Game:
Terrell Buckley 3 Tackles, 2 INTs

Key Stats

NY Giants
Palmer 15-29 173 Yds, TD, 4 INTs
Barber 11 Att, 25 Yds
Strahan 2 Tackles, 2 Sacks
2-9 3rd Down Conversions
-5 Turnover Ratio

Miami
Williams 23 Att, 123 Yds
Marion 4 Tackles, INT
Thomas 6 Tackles, INT
Buckley 3 Tackles, 2 INTs
Mare 3-3 Long 44
+5 Turnover Ratio

Quotes from the Game:

CB Terrell Buckley (on his two INTs):
"I just read Jesse's (Palmer) eyes. He was locked on his receiver both times and I just stepped in front of it and almost took one to the house.I was one yard off, I don't want to sound unhappy, but I wanted that TD (chuckles"

LB Zach Thomas (On teams play):
"Good Game today. We played well on all sides of the ball. We put up points, we didn't allow points. Everyone did their part, and that is all you can ask for. If we keep playing like this we should be a team to be reckoned with."

K Olindo Mare (On If they can go undefeated):
"Of course we can. Anything is possible in the NFL. Will we? That remains to be seen."

DT Jeff Zgonina (On his injury):
"Nothing major. Just a sprained ankle. I will probably miss practice Tuesday but will try to come back Wednesday. I think this team is having a solid year and we can continue to do so. We just need to remain healthy and play the same. I am glad the team took a chance on a old man like me (laughs)."

MarinoFan4Life
12-10-2003, 09:03 PM
Olindo Mare may have jinxed the season...

Prime Time
12-10-2003, 09:54 PM
:lol: Maybe....:lol:

I have encountered a problem, I found a better way to keep games lower scoring and more realistic stats but I do not want to re-start the whole Franchise. I'll just keep playing the way I am playing.

MarinoFan4Life
12-11-2003, 03:26 AM
If it means that much to you, just start playing the games that way NEXT season...

zonk39
12-11-2003, 09:41 AM
What is the porblem?

BTW, I played the Rams in the first game of my second season. They are winning 35-14 in the third quater. Minor scores on a Kick off return , Buckley recovers kick off return fumble and scores, I stop them again score on a 73 yard run by ricky, Sam picks of Warner and runs it back for a TD with about 2:00 left on the clock, Seau picks of Warner and I run out the clock. Final score 42-35.

What a game

MarinoFan4Life
12-11-2003, 10:23 AM
how many minute quarters?

zonk39
12-11-2003, 10:25 AM
5 min.

MarinoFan4Life
12-11-2003, 10:26 AM
In that case, very impressive

Prime Time
12-11-2003, 05:45 PM
Nice comeback. I guess I will update but It may take until the weekend, but I ave soccer all weekend, so I don't know yet.

Prime Time
12-13-2003, 07:37 PM
Guys, I can't update until next weekend. Sorry, but that is when I ahve time. So until I get out of school this coming Friday, I can't update. I don't want to lose my fans! :lol:

zonk39
12-14-2003, 11:52 AM
Cool