PDA

View Full Version : Glen Beck makes fun of Malia Obama on his radio show...

Locke
05-31-2010, 03:21 PM
So much for the right leaving children out of politics...

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/too-far-glenn-beck-mocks-malia-obama-on-his-radio-show/

For years thereís been debate over whether or not mocking a politicianís family (particularly their children) is fair game. For the most part, political opponents and comedians have kept their swipes at the Chelsea Clintons and the Bush Twins of the world to a minimum. This morning though, Glenn Beck clearly stepped over the line when he began insulting and denigrating 11-year old Malia Obama.

PATSSUCK
05-31-2010, 04:04 PM
So much for the right leaving children out of politics...

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/too-far-glenn-beck-mocks-malia-obama-on-his-radio-show/

Yea, he is jerk for doing that. Both sides cross the line when it comes to families. It the result of the US media have no dignity or honor anymore. That being said I really hate Glenn Beck with a passion.

Nawledge
05-31-2010, 04:35 PM
mediamatters isnt real news

Nawledge
05-31-2010, 04:41 PM
the left dont care about Palins kids getting ripped on, or the stalker at Palins house...its not ALL kids are off limits, just Obamas...right?

Locke
05-31-2010, 04:59 PM
the left dont care about Palins kids getting ripped on, or the stalker at Palins house...its not ALL kids are off limits, just Obamas...right?

Do you even know whats going on? Do some research before posting this drivel.

When all that immature crap was being said about Palin's kids, all we saw was how "immoral and insensitive" the left was. The right would "never do anything as low as make fun of someone's kids". It was a bombardment of condescension. Then lo and behold, a mere 3 months later, one of the loudest voices criticizing the attacks on the Palin kids is caught doing the exact thing he was condemning. THAT'S why this is being posted. Know what you're posting on, geez...

PATSSUCK
05-31-2010, 05:02 PM
mediamatters isnt real news

Neither is Fox. Dont be a hypocrite have the same standard for both sides not just the side you agree with. I heard Beck say this so I dont know what you are saying here. Who is talking about Palin? What they did to Palin kids was as unexcusable to as this, so whats your point? Oh the liberal media coming to Obama's aid just like Fox came to Palin's aid but has said nothing about this.

Nawledge
05-31-2010, 05:18 PM
Do you even know whats going on? Do some research before posting this drivel.

When all that immature crap was being said about Palin's kids, all we saw was how "immoral and insensitive" the left was. The right would "never do anything as low as make fun of someone's kids". It was a bombardment of condescension. Then lo and behold, a mere 3 months later, one of the loudest voices criticizing the attacks on the Palin kids is caught doing the exact thing he was condemning. THAT'S why this is being posted. Know what you're posting on, geez...

how do i not know whats going on? i thought what i said made perfect sense...i didnt see you saying how unfair Palins kids are treated, i personally dont care about their kids because it comes with the job. If it was my kid of course i wouldnt like it but im not a politician and if i was i would expect it...especially when you use your kids and portray them like Palin and Obama has.

Do you really think Obamas daughter asked him that question? I dont. The only thing Beck said that was a little "over the line" was calling her stupid when he brought up the education but overall it seemed to be making fun of Obama more than his daughter. The point i was making is when its Palins kids or Bush's kids its ok but because its Obamas kid now its a problem. Im not saying what Beck did was right, but lets not be hypocritical Locke. You dont care when it happens to the others but its a problem when its Obama.

Neither is Fox. Dont be a hypocrite have the same standard for both sides not just the side you agree with. I heard Beck say this so I dont know what you are saying here. Who is talking about Palin? What they did to Palin kids was as unexcusable to as this, so whats your point? Oh the liberal media coming to Obama's aid just like Fox came to Palin's aid but has said nothing about this.

i was just mocking all you guys who say FOX isnt real news on a daily basis.

Whatd they say about Palin? Um they said her autistic son wasnt hers, her 13 year old daughter got pregnant under the bleachers at yankee stadium, tons of jokes and comments about Bristol...shes got stalkers peeking in her windows...and the left doesnt think anything of that but as soon as it happens to Obamas kid then its a big deal. What Beck said was nowhere close to the stuff said about Palins children, you cant even compare them.

Locke
05-31-2010, 05:26 PM
how do i not know whats going on? i thought what i said made perfect sense...i didnt see you saying how unfair Palins kids are treated, i personally dont care about their kids because it comes with the job. If it was my kid of course i wouldnt like it but im not a politician and if i was i would expect it...especially when you use your kids and portray them like Palin and Obama has.

Do you really think Obamas daughter asked him that question? I dont. The only thing Beck said that was a little "over the line" was calling her stupid when he brought up the education but overall it seemed to be making fun of Obama more than his daughter. The point i was making is when its Palins kids or Bush's kids its ok but because its Obamas kid now its a problem. Im not saying what Beck did was right, but lets not be hypocritical Locke. You dont care when it happens to the others but its a problem when its Obama.

Whatd they say about Palin? Um they said her autistic son wasnt hers, her 13 year old daughter got pregnant under the bleachers at yankee stadium, tons of jokes and comments about Bristol...shes got stalkers peeking in her windows...and the left doesnt think anything of that but as soon as it happens to Obamas kid then its a big deal. What Beck said was nowhere close to the stuff said about Palins children, you cant even compare them.

For the second time, know what the hell is going on before you post. I openly stated, several times, that the attacks on the Palin kids were immature and had no place in educated conversation. I agreed with everyone who said it was a low blow. You can't just say things and expect them to be true. That's not how the real world works. It would be behoove you to look back at past threads on the topic before posting an assumption...

Nawledge
05-31-2010, 05:28 PM
Plus Beck apologized for it:

In discussing how President Obama uses children to shield himself from criticism, I broke my own rule about leaving kids out of political debates. The children of public figures should be left on the sidelines. It was a stupid mistake and I apologize–and as a dad I should have known better.

Nawledge
05-31-2010, 05:33 PM
For the second time, know what the hell is going on before you post. I openly stated, several times, that the attacks on the Palin kids were immature and had no place in educated conversation. I agreed with everyone who said it was a low blow. You can't just say things and expect them to be true. That's not how the real world works. It would be behoove you to look back at past threads on the topic before posting an assumption

I wasnt specifically talking about you OR Patssuck to begin with, i was talking about the left as a whole. Like i said tho i didnt see you state that you thought it was unfair when it was Palins kids and i havent. Although you are right, i didnt go back and read the threads where Palins kids were attacked.

PATSSUCK
05-31-2010, 05:34 PM

I didnt ask what they said about Palin's kids. I know what they said and I said it was UNEXCUSEABLE. I am just saying be consistent. There was no need to bring is 11 year old daughter into the picture. It was low class and it truely shows what a piece of **** this guy is. That goes for Letterman too by the way. I dont think Fox is very news worthy, but then again I dont think MSNBC is either. What they do is a disservice to the us and to the country.

PS- The only one who brought up Palin was you. No one was comparing them before that. Fun how you say no one condemned the liberal media for Palin smears, but has Fox or any other conservative blog/website publically reprimanded Beck?

Nawledge
05-31-2010, 05:43 PM
I brought up Palin because i didnt see the left in an uproar over what her kids dealt with...but this is a big deal

Nawledge
05-31-2010, 05:58 PM
and im not justifying what Beck did, the main point i was making was its not right to think its ok when it happens to one and its wrong when it happens to the other just because your a democrat or a republican.

spydertl79
05-31-2010, 06:05 PM
Making fun of anyone's kids is wrong on many levels.

Can all of the people on the right agree that the people mocking Bristol/ Trig Palin aren't representative of a majority of the left?
Furthermore, can all of the people on the left agree that Glenn Beck is not representative of a majority of the people on the right?

Great, moving on...

This is a calculated publicity stunt by Beck IMO, who'll see a boost in his ratings when all is said and done. The bigger of a fuss we make about it, the more money ends up in Mr. Beck's already fat wallet.

SpurzN703
05-31-2010, 07:16 PM
Plus Beck apologized for it:

You can apologize for doing anything, it doesn't make it right. Especially coming from a guy who comes off as an idiot most of the time.

Nawledge
05-31-2010, 07:35 PM
You can apologize for doing anything, it doesn't make it right. Especially coming from a guy who comes off as an idiot most of the time

never said apologizing made it right, all i did was say he apologized...

Locke
05-31-2010, 09:16 PM
This is pretty tame compared to most of the threads in the PoFo. I wonder why it got moved...

LANGER72
05-31-2010, 11:17 PM
Beck is a clown, bringing someone's kids into an argument or political story is completely classless.
His show used to be better, those remarks were scrapping the bottom of the barrel.
There is plenty of other material to criticize Obama.