PDA

View Full Version : Evangelicals: Oil Spill sign of the apocalypse...

Locke
06-04-2010, 11:20 PM
http://www.newsweek.com/2010/06/04/blood-in-the-water.html

Now blogs on the Christian fringe are abuzz with possibility that the oil spill is the realization of Revelation 8:8–11. “The second angel blew his trumpet, and something like a great mountain, burning with fire, was thrown into the sea. A third of the sea became blood, a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed … A third of the waters became wormwood, and many died from the water, because it was made bitter.” According to Revelation, in other words, something terrible happens to the world’s water, a punishment to those of insufficient faith. The foul water, according to the New Oxford Annotated Bible, mirrors one of the plagues God called upon Egypt on behalf of his people Israel.

tylerdolphin
06-06-2010, 10:53 PM
Yea, if you totally ignore 75% of the passage it sounds about right.

overworkedirish
06-06-2010, 11:09 PM
I mean, according to Evangelicals, the apocalypse is the allowance of gay marriage. So yeah, it's coming. ;) Thank "God".

N.B. Pro-gay marriage atheist here, if my sarcasm wasn't clear enough.

SpurzN703
06-07-2010, 09:51 AM
So you don't have faith you die? Sweet

BobDole
07-06-2010, 09:20 PM
everything is a sign of the apocalypse to evangelicals - and hell - in the end they might be right. but there was already a massive oil spill we all remember, so ...

EvilDylan
07-07-2010, 02:04 PM
Wasn't the Haiti earthquake a sign too? Wasn't y2k gonna be the beginning of the apocalypse as well? So maybe they are just labeling every natural disaster a "sign of the apocalypse" just in case it really is and they can say "I told you so"?

NYCBillsFan
07-07-2010, 07:41 PM
So, when should I expect the apocalypse? It would be nice to know so I could tie up all of my loose ends before I burn in hell for eternity.

Gonzo
07-07-2010, 08:10 PM
Evangelicals like this do more to steer people away from the church than damn near anything I can think of.

Bumpus
07-12-2010, 03:31 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

... But fear not my sheep - er, um - friends. The lord god hath sayeth unto me that all who send $50 to the Church of Bumpus-ism (c/o Bumpus) shall be spared the horrors of the end times. :chuckle: