PDA

View Full Version : Questions about this forum (Newbie)



Dreads-4-Prez
12-03-2003, 12:20 PM
1. How can I change my user name?

2. How do you place a quote in a reply?

3. How do you put a picture in your signature?

Sorry for the probably obvious questions guys ~ I would appreciate the help, though.

SuperMarksBros.
12-03-2003, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by RICKHURD


2. How do you place a quote in a reply?



on the far right hand side of every post, there's a qoute button...hit it ;) welcome, and i hope you enjoy the site, its a good one.

Dreads-4-Prez
12-03-2003, 12:28 PM
It can't be used on a Quick Reply though, can it?

SuperMarksBros.
12-03-2003, 12:30 PM
not that i know of...but if you click it, i will take you directly to the reply screen...just as fast

Dreads-4-Prez
12-03-2003, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Fiedler for MVP
not that i know of...but if you click it, i will take you directly to the reply screen...just as fast

Got it - Thanks a lot man!

unclemonty
12-03-2003, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by RICKHURD
1. How can I change my user name?

2. How do you place a quote in a reply?

3. How do you put a picture in your signature?

Sorry for the probably obvious questions guys ~ I would appreciate the help, though.

Hi, welcome aboard!!!!

1. Go to "user CP" at top of screen. There you can change all of your options.

2. Just hit the quote button at the top of the message you want to quote.

3. The easiest way is go to user CP at the top of screen. Once there go to UPLOAD PHOTO. The photo can be no larger than 400x300 for your sig. If you have a larger pic you would like to use go to here:
http://www.mihov.com/eng/ir.html
this is a simple free program to resize pics whatever size you want.
OK after photo is uploaded here, right click and copy the pics address
next go to edit profile and copy this info in the signature box
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif
you can also write text if you want after this
it seems confusing, but it's not. Let me know if you have problems.

dolphan39
12-03-2003, 12:52 PM
:welcome: a-board - RICKHURD

please check out the FAQs - http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/misc.php?s=&action=faq

Dreads-4-Prez
12-03-2003, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by unclemonty


Hi, welcome aboard!!!!

1. Go to "user CP" at top of screen. There you can change all of your options.

2. Just hit the quote button at the top of the message you want to quote.

3. The easiest way is go to user CP at the top of screen. Once there go to UPLOAD PHOTO. The photo can be no larger than 400x300 for your sig. If you have a larger pic you would like to use go to here:
http://www.mihov.com/eng/ir.html
this is a simple free program to resize pics whatever size you want.
OK after photo is uploaded here, right click and copy the pics address
next go to edit profile and copy this info in the signature box
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif
you can also write text if you want after this
it seems confusing, but it's not. Let me know if you have problems.

I really appreciate the help - thanks

Dreads-4-Prez
12-03-2003, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by unclemonty


Hi, welcome aboard!!!!

1. Go to "user CP" at top of screen. There you can change all of your options.

2. Just hit the quote button at the top of the message you want to quote.

3. The easiest way is go to user CP at the top of screen. Once there go to UPLOAD PHOTO. The photo can be no larger than 400x300 for your sig. If you have a larger pic you would like to use go to here:
http://www.mihov.com/eng/ir.html
this is a simple free program to resize pics whatever size you want.
OK after photo is uploaded here, right click and copy the pics address
next go to edit profile and copy this info in the signature box
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif
you can also write text if you want after this
it seems confusing, but it's not. Let me know if you have problems.

Last time i will bug you.
2 things:
1 ~ when i go to Edit Options, nowhere to change username
2~ I did what you said about the signature pic, all I am getting is the address to the pic in my address.

thanks again

unclemonty
12-03-2003, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by RICKHURD


Last time i will bug you.
2 things:
1 ~ when i go to Edit Options, nowhere to change username
2~ I did what you said about the signature pic, all I am getting is the address to the pic in my address.

thanks again

did you do it exactly like this (no spaces between img and address though)

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

you are not bugging me LOL.
let me know if it worked.
Make sure pic is no bigger than 300x400

unclemonty
12-03-2003, 02:45 PM
You can't change your username. You could just start over with a new username since you are new anyhow.

Muck
12-03-2003, 02:49 PM
Not True. Changing Your Username is Right Here. :) (http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/store.php)

Dreads-4-Prez
12-03-2003, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by unclemonty
You can't change your username. You could just start over with a new username since you are new anyhow.

thanks

Bowl_Bound
12-05-2003, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by unclemonty


Hi, welcome aboard!!!!

1. Go to "user CP" at top of screen. There you can change all of your options.

2. Just hit the quote button at the top of the message you want to quote.

3. The easiest way is go to user CP at the top of screen. Once there go to UPLOAD PHOTO. The photo can be no larger than 400x300 for your sig. If you have a larger pic you would like to use go to here:
http://www.mihov.com/eng/ir.html
this is a simple free program to resize pics whatever size you want.
OK after photo is uploaded here, right click and copy the pics address
next go to edit profile and copy this info in the signature box
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif
you can also write text if you want after this
it seems confusing, but it's not. Let me know if you have problems.

I have been having probs with my pic since I started on this forum. Reading your post helped alot but I am still having probs. I downloaded the software you suggested but the pic I wanted to use is a PDF file. I am very confused and would appreciate any help or advise you may have.