PDA

View Full Version : Article: Jason Taylor not torn on Fins-Jets QB's

bpackers13
06-21-2010, 02:22 PM
Jason Taylor not torn on Fins-Jets QBs (http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/14588/jason-taylor-not-torn-on-fins-jets-qbs)

June, 21, 2010 Jun 21
10:47
AM ET

Email (http://sendtofriend.espn.go.com/sendtofriend/SendToFriend?URL=/blog/afceast/post/_/id/14588/jason-taylor-not-torn-on-fins-jets-qbs&title=Jason%20Taylor%20not%20torn%20on%20Fins-Jets%20QBs)
Print (http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/print?id=14588)
Comments (http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/14588/jason-taylor-not-torn-on-fins-jets-qbs#comments)46 (http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/14588/jason-taylor-not-torn-on-fins-jets-qbs#comments)

By Tim Graham

Jason Taylor (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=1245) wouldn't let me get the question out of my mouth.

"Who do you think I'm going to pick?" he interjected, as if to convey his answer was so obvious I shouldn't waste my breath. And it was, really.

[+] Enlargehttp://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/06/nfl_g_sanchez12_200-1.jpg (http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/14588/jason-taylor-not-torn-on-fins-jets-qbs#) Al Pereira/Getty ImagesJason Taylor has been impressed with QB Mark Sanchez's preparation off the field.

We had been talking about Taylor's perceptions of his previous quarterback with the Miami Dolphins (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=mia): Chad Henne (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=11291), compared to his current New York Jets (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=nyj) quarterback, Mark Sanchez (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=12482).

"I know who I'm going to pick, and it's my quarterback here," Taylor said after last week's public practice in the new Meadowlands stadium (http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/14486/first-impressions-of-new-jets-stadium). "I've always been one of those guys that rides or dies with his quarterback.

"Sanchez is my guy, and I better not hear anybody say anything bad about him."

What else could Taylor have said? His quotes would have been all over the New York newspapers' back pages had he said Henne was the better quarterback.

Taylor would have rototilled all of the grassroots campaigning (http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/14475/respectfully-yours-taylor-signs-for-jets-fans) he has done to win over the Jets fans he has angered over the years (http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/12296/taylors-contempt-for-jets-on-the-record).

"Naturally, there will be [a rivalry] because of the teams and quarterbacks draw a lot of attention," Taylor said. "I played with Chad. I think Chad's going to be a darn good quarterback. He has all the tools.

"At this level, when you get a guy like a Sanchez or a Chad Henne that has all the physical tools, it's the other things that separate you. It's the preparation, the development you go through. For quarterbacks, it doesn't just start in August and end in February. It's an evolution."

Taylor has been amazed at Sanchez's dedication to both rehabbing his surgically repaired knee to studying in the film room.

"You can see it," Taylor said. "No. 1, it's his work ethic. I came around in April, and you can see how he focuses. He understands what it takes to be a quarterback in this league and the time and commitment that it takes."
WHat would you expect him to say. He knows deep inside Henne is better. :up:

ROADRUNNER
06-21-2010, 02:25 PM
F##k Taylor and the Jets.................

X-Pacolypse
06-21-2010, 02:29 PM
JT supported a mediocre quarterback like Jay Fiedler for years here in Miami, he might as well support another mediocre QB in New York.

justdev7
06-21-2010, 02:29 PM
Nothing that JT says will meet my approval as long as he's wearing green and white.

justdev7
06-21-2010, 02:31 PM
Nice sig ROADRUNNER Ryan Williams is a stud. Don't think he'll come out until he's after his junior year though

34miami23
06-21-2010, 02:33 PM
whatever Jason ... what's he going to say?

I will say I think its kinda funny that he does give Henne some props though.

state06
06-21-2010, 02:39 PM
"Sanchez is my main squeeze, and I better not hear anybody say anything bad about him."

fixed

nyjunc
06-21-2010, 02:41 PM
JT supported a mediocre quarterback like Jay Fiedler for years here in Miami, he might as well support another mediocre QB in New York.

It amazes me how unfair you guys were w/ Fiedler. I'm guessing if the board was around you would have been starting "Jay fiedler sucks" threads even though he did a really good job for you and he was the starter the last time you guys won a playoff game.

NYinBostonFin
06-21-2010, 02:45 PM
It amazes me how unfair you guys were w/ Fiedler. I'm guessing if the board was around you would have been starting "Jay fiedler sucks" threads even though he did a really good job for you and he was the starter the last time you guys won a playoff game.

Your kidding me right junc? He was a mediocre QB at best. Truthfully should have been a backup QB.

Our defense was our strength...so don't start pulling out our win % with him. We should have been more than a one playoff win during his tenure...and that playoff game won was when Lamar went nuts.

bpackers13
06-21-2010, 02:45 PM
The Jets suck!!!!!!

GoonBoss
06-21-2010, 02:49 PM
Meh, a reporter trying to stir up trouble. He's a Jet now, so of course he's going to side with them, as he should

nyjunc
06-21-2010, 02:49 PM
Your kidding me right junc? He was a mediocre QB at best. Truthfully should have been a backup QB.

Our defense was our strength...so don't start pulling out our win % with him. We should have been more than a one playoff win during his tenure...and that playoff game won was when Lamar went nuts.

You had the same D(a very overrated one by the way) w/ marino and you didn't win a div title in the late 90s. No Fiedler wasn't great but b/c you guys were so spoiled w/ marino for so long you were too critical of jay who did a good job for you guys.

X-Pacolypse
06-21-2010, 02:50 PM

You damn right I would have. Jay's play (or lack thereof) held some pretty good Dolphins teams back. Granted, having Wanny at the helm didn't help either, but Jay was very limited in what he could do. Also, for a guy who was a Dartmouth graduate, he made some pretty boneheaded mistakes on the field. Jay was a guy who was an average backup, who could possibly win a couple games for you when called upon, but otherwise was a guy you didn't want to build a franchise around. Unfortunately, Wanny didn't understand this.

Yes, Jay had the heart of a lion, and was tough as nails (I'll give him that) but talent wise he was never going to lead Miami to the Super Bowl.

MadDog 88
06-21-2010, 02:51 PM
The media is going to hype stuff like this with JT all season so get used to it.

34miami23
06-21-2010, 02:52 PM

To be honest, I don't think it mattered who was the QB at the time ... whoever was the guy after Marino was gonna get bashed unless he put up 5000 yards and 40 TDs. Even though Dan had a poor season his last year, the guy stepped into a tough spot.

Fiedler was gritty and tough. Kinda reminds me of Pennington, except alot more reckless

nyjunc
06-21-2010, 02:56 PM
You damn right I would have. Jay's play (or lack thereof) held some pretty good Dolphins teams back. Granted, having Wanny at the helm didn't help either, but Jay was very limited in what he could do. Also, for a guy who was a Dartmouth graduate, he made some pretty boneheaded mistakes on the field. Jay was a guy who was an average backup, who could possibly win a couple games for you when called upon, but otherwise was a guy you didn't want to build a franchise around. Unfortunately, Wanny didn't understand this.

Yes, Jay had the heart of a lion, and was tough as nails (I'll give him that) but talent wise he was never going to lead Miami to the Super Bowl.

:lol: he held you back. W/o Jay you ended '98 and '99 losing playoff games by a combined 100-10 and had alot less talent in 2000 yes you won the division yet Jay held you back.

No one is confusing jay for marino but it was unfair to expect marino ability out of jay. He didn't have great offensive talent around him, he didn't have great coaching, he didn't have a D that would step up in big games or big moments but w/ all that he helped you win alot of games.

MadDog 88
06-21-2010, 03:02 PM
Junc you're right on the money on this one. Fiedler was never going to be what Marino was such a common problem when a legend retires. But Fiedler did what Miami needed him to do, win games. He didn't have much of a running game or WR corps and didn't have the big arm that Danny did. What he had was a defense that notoriously swooned in December. Jay played with a lot of heart and was a tough SOB. Sometimes he made really bad decisions but for the most part he seemed to will the Dolphins to a victory at times.

tay0365
06-21-2010, 03:11 PM
You had the same D(a very overrated one by the way) w/ marino and you didn't win a div title in the late 90s. No Fiedler wasn't great but b/c you guys were so spoiled w/ marino for so long you were too critical of jay who did a good job for you guys.

Marino had only 1 D close to as good as the one Fiedler had, and that year they went to the SUPERBOWL, after that Marino saw his team's defense go down hill fast.

If before his injury Marino had the type of defense Fiedler saw week in and week out, he would have reached the superbowl, and probably won 1 or 2.

tay0365
06-21-2010, 03:21 PM
To be honest, I don't think it mattered who was the QB at the time ... whoever was the guy after Marino was gonna get bashed unless he put up 5000 yards and 40 TDs. Even though Dan had a poor season his last year, the guy stepped into a tough spot.

Fiedler was gritty and tough. Kinda reminds me of Pennington, except alot more reckless

I agree, Fiedler was not as bad as all that, but he was very limited, and it hurt Miami. The Jets fans (Like Junc) don't understand how big a difference it is from going from an all world QB, to a limited but grity QB, and because they never had a QB even close to as good as Marino they will never feel this.

JT is sticking up for Sanchez because that is his new teams QB, but deep down he knows Sanchez has a long way to go, while this may be Henne's break out year.

nyjunc
06-21-2010, 03:41 PM
Marino had only 1 D close to as good as the one Fiedler had, and that year they went to the SUPERBOWL, after that Marino saw his team's defense go down hill fast.

If before his injury Marino had the type of defense Fiedler saw week in and week out, he would have reached the superbowl, and probably won 1 or 2.

he played w/ the same Ds late in his career. '98 was even better than '00 and the '90 D was as good as any of those D's so your atatemtn about marino isn't quite correct though I agree lack of D and lack of offensive weapons around him kept him from making and winning multiple SBs.

Ther's no way those late 90s-early 00s Dolphin D's reach the SB w/ any QB. They just couldn't play in big games and big moments.

I agree, Fiedler was not as bad as all that, but he was very limited, and it hurt Miami. The Jets fans (Like Junc) don't understand how big a difference it is from going from an all world QB, to a limited but grity QB, and because they never had a QB even close to as good as Marino they will never feel this.

JT is sticking up for Sanchez because that is his new teams QB, but deep down he knows Sanchez has a long way to go, while this may be Henne's break out year.

Yep, henne is ready for stardom while sanchez has a long way to go:rolleyes2:

34miami23
06-21-2010, 03:44 PM
[QUOTE=nyjunc;1063472617]

Yep, henne is ready for stardom while sanchez has a long way to go[QUOTE]

ah ... good to see you are coming around Junc ... lol jk

tcdrover
06-21-2010, 03:50 PM
Beating the jests is always sweet, but beating them with JT on board will be delicious.

I'm so tired of hearing about Marino this and Marino that. Let it go already. If you are so convinced that all he needed was a better Defense, you probably shoud check out his playoff passing numbers & turnovers compared to Joe Montana's. Football is a team sport. Danny played a long time in the NFL he had every chance possible to win a Superbowl.

Vaark
06-21-2010, 04:09 PM
So consider the source. Isn't this the same twinkletoes who not too long ago was gushing over the Redskins "talent" he was getting to play with?

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/06/1127400-1.jpg

nyjunc
06-21-2010, 04:10 PM
So consider the source. Isn't this the same twinkletoes who not too long ago was gushing over the Redskins "talent" he was getting to play with?

he's never played w/ the amount of talent he'll have this year. he may ruin it for us brining his bad luck and losing mentality but it's still the most talented team he has been a part of.

PhinsPhan11
06-21-2010, 04:26 PM
Of course he is going to side with his own quarterback. What else is he going to do? He probably knows deep down that Henne is better, but he is smarter than to say that in front of the media.

Phinsome
06-21-2010, 04:43 PM

I believe Finheaven was called Phinzone.com back then, and yes we bashed the crap out of him because he sucked terribly.

He had no business behind an NFL offensive line. Our defense was tops in the league back then shutting people down and Fielder would chuck the ball around and throw interceptions ever single week. He was a pathetic excuse for a quarterback. He is basically our Bill Buckner. He wasted the careers of some great players.

Well, maybe Wannstadt was our Bill Buckner. Either way, both should have been let go 4 years earlier than they were.

Stefins
06-21-2010, 04:49 PM
Pointless...

Dredd1050
06-21-2010, 04:51 PM
he's never played w/ the amount of talent he'll have this year. he may ruin it for us brining his bad luck and losing mentality but it's still the most talented team he has been a part of.

He's played with better pass rushers opposite him. Much better. He'll get them 7-8 sacks and Jet fans should be extatic.

jfaulknercahill
06-21-2010, 04:57 PM
you are clearly so out of your mind.

dolpns13
06-21-2010, 05:01 PM
Jason Taylor's opinion means absolutely nothing to me.

SRM
06-21-2010, 05:04 PM
Only reason JT is picking Sanchez over Henne is because Sanchez agreed in closed doors to be JT's dancing partner.

tay0365
06-21-2010, 05:09 PM
he played w/ the same Ds late in his career. '98 was even better than '00 and the '90 D was as good as any of those D's so your atatemtn about marino isn't quite correct though I agree lack of D and lack of offensive weapons around him kept him from making and winning multiple SBs.

No he didn't, it is obvious you saw little of those games or do not remember. He might have played with some of the same names, (Zach, JT, Surtain, Madison), but they were all nowhere near as good as they would get. Another aspect is, by the time Jimmy came in and started to fix the defense, he was also trying to get away from Marino's bread and butter, and attack offense that could score quickly and at will, instead he tried to force a running game that was not there. Marino also was not the same player he was before the injury, yet if he had the same exact defense Fielder had (he didn't), he would have a good amount of damage.

Ther's no way those late 90s-early 00s Dolphin D's reach the SB w/ any QB. They just couldn't play in big games and big moments.

Actually wrong, those early 00 defenses were stingy, and would get turnovers at the perfect time. In his 1st 10 years, you give Marino just a little room to work with, you will not beat Miami, because even if an offense all of a sudden starts to pick it up, Marino will continue to match point for point and rarely in crunch time would he fail.

Yep, henne is ready for stardom while sanchez has a long way to go:rolleyes2:

Did not say stardom, said he was in good shape to have a turnaround season, where he could be good, to maybe great, Sanchez has very little experience. Henne has been starting since his whole career, Sanchez had to backup a QB of Booty's stature.

Henne has one of the best receivers in the game with two very sure handed receivers (Bess & Cam), and a another Receiver that showed great potential last year in Hartline to be a quality #2, Sanchez has some very talented receivers, but not one of them has shown the consistency of a #1 receiver. So Henne has better talent just with Marshall and some #2s and/or 3s, then Sanchez with all his #2s (one of which will be in a #1s clothing).

Both have been working hard in the off season, both have good coaching to help them, but only Henne will have a backup as good and smart as Penny to help him get better.

Finally Henne will have proven RBs to help him, while Sanchez will have potentially a good running game, with a RB that has shown that his best years are behind him, and another RB that has yet to prove he can be a proven starter for an entire year.

josekareh
06-21-2010, 05:14 PM
JT is an old worn out idiot... who will be lapdancing for senior citizens next year when the fat ******* kicks his sorry ***

Clipse
06-21-2010, 05:28 PM

How so? Sanchez was mediocre last year, worse actually. Good chance he'll be mediocre again.

As for JT, who cares. When do you see players go to a new team and criticize other players? It's never happened.

CRAZYDOLFAN305
06-21-2010, 05:28 PM

Yeah it amazes me to. Everyone forgets the year when Norv and Ricky came in, how well Jay was playing until that thumb injury in Denver derailed our entire season. Chambers and Orande got hurt in that game. We endure the Ray Lucas fiasco. Fiedler, comes back, we kill the Raiders who made it to the Superbowl that year. And following that win, that Monday was the famous Wanstache lobster trap. We go to Minnesota and Fiedler threw a bomb to Chambers on the very first play. The defense choke and Chris Carter drop a sure TD in the end zone. A late career long FG by Mortensen ended that game. The following week with the playoffs on the line leading by 13 points with the help of ( Fiedler, Chambers and Ricky) with less than 3 minutes remaining the Man Press Every down Vanilla Defense Chocked again.

At one poing Among active quarterbacks in the NFL, Fiedler owns the fifth-best starting record (minimum 25 starts) with a 37-23 record for a .617 winning percentage mark.

This is what killed him!

Fiedler's stint with the Miami Dolphins featured satisfactory regular season performance with poor post-season performances. He threw one touchdown and seven interceptions with a record of one win and two losses in post-season play while with the Miami Dolphins.

phintim
06-21-2010, 05:39 PM
When we had Marinio the excuse was we never had a ruuning game and when Marinio left the excuse has been we have a running game now but not a QB. Well I am darn glad we have both this year IMO which is why I am excited. I know we have questions at the OLB and FS spot but other than possibly TE in we are going into this season in fine shape. TE might be OK too. For once we have more possible answers than question marks. As far as this JT thing he is what they call out west riding for the brand that pays him. The JETS hired his services before the PHINS so they get his loyalty as long as he is picking up that paycheck. That should be how it works too or he should have never taken there money. Sure I want us us to whip the JETS this year just like last year and we should be in better shape to do it. Lets get this season started hope we don't get any injuries and start kicking butt.

Dolphins11
06-21-2010, 05:45 PM
Can this be moved to the JETS forum?

NYPhin24
06-21-2010, 06:06 PM
"he's never played w/ the amount of talent he'll have this year. he may ruin it for us brining his bad luck and losing mentality but it's still the most talented team he has been a part of."

He played with enough talent to beat the Jest twice last year. Bad luck and losing mentality? are you serious? the Jest are known to be one of the unluckiest losing teams in sports, anaylists and sports casters say it all the time, ive heard such things as "they just have black cloud over their franchise"....your drinkin way 2 much coolaid and are sounding delusional

dolpns13
06-21-2010, 07:24 PM

So is NYJUNC for his recent statements about our old defenses. Consistenly around a top 5 defense for years

SamTodd
06-21-2010, 08:43 PM

Some of us respect the guy. It's not his fault that wanstashe made him the starter. dude gave his all and got hurt and smashed every game. That year he broke his thumb in denver, had that not happened that team might have made it the whole way...

crumpdaddy
06-21-2010, 08:43 PM
i always said i wish that aj feely wouldve had fielders brains and leadership. he was a courageous leader and smart, just didnt have the arm to make hte 10-15 yard out pass. feely had a cannon but just sucked. thats one of the reasons it was imperitive to keep penny around. henne needs to develop the leadership and smarts that penny can help him with. all and all as much as i crinched with all his passes fielder had the heart of a pro bowl qb, just pennys arm

SamTodd
06-21-2010, 08:44 PM
Yeah it amazes me to. Everyone forgets the year when Norv and Ricky came in, how well Jay was playing until that thumb injury in Denver derailed our entire season. Chambers and Orande got hurt in that game. We endure the Ray Lucas fiasco. Fiedler, comes back, we kill the Raiders who made it to the Superbowl that year. And following that win, that Monday was the famous Wanstache lobster trap. We go to Minnesota and Fiedler threw a bomb to Chambers on the very first play. The defense choke and Chris Carter drop a sure TD in the end zone. A late career long FG by Mortensen ended that game. The following week with the playoffs on the line leading by 13 points with the help of ( Fiedler, Chambers and Ricky) with less than 3 minutes remaining the Man Press Every down Vanilla Defense Chocked again.

At one poing Among active quarterbacks in the NFL, Fiedler owns the fifth-best starting record (minimum 25 starts) with a 37-23 record for a .617 winning percentage mark.

This is what killed him!

Fiedler's stint with the Miami Dolphins featured satisfactory regular season performance with poor post-season performances. He threw one touchdown and seven interceptions with a record of one win and two losses in post-season play while with the Miami Dolphins.

damn you beat me to it with all the details. gj. Fiedler had the courage of a lion, ears of a elephant & a gelatin arm.

KlausC
06-21-2010, 09:25 PM
Until he wins a game for the Jets he's still a dildo.

MiamiMonster
06-21-2010, 11:56 PM
He's obviously gonna support his own QB. If he had been with the Raiders he would of claimed that Russell was going to be the next best thing.

Tupac Shakur
06-22-2010, 12:09 AM

indeed i've been sayin this all my life i hated taylor his whole career except for the oakland home game in '02

72champagne
06-22-2010, 12:17 AM
it amazes me how retarded that post is.

Until he wins a game for the Jets he's still a dildo.
to be fair, anyone that wins a game for the Jets is a dildo. no reason to pick on Taylor for that.

mega-fin-love
06-22-2010, 02:49 AM
I am so tired of seeing jets fans post on this site. F the jets. Post on your own site

nyjunc
06-22-2010, 07:59 AM
I believe Finheaven was called Phinzone.com back then, and yes we bashed the crap out of him because he sucked terribly.

He had no business behind an NFL offensive line. Our defense was tops in the league back then shutting people down and Fielder would chuck the ball around and throw interceptions ever single week. He was a pathetic excuse for a quarterback. He is basically our Bill Buckner. He wasted the careers of some great players.

Well, maybe Wannstadt was our Bill Buckner. Either way, both should have been let go 4 years earlier than they were.

You do realize that he led you to your first div title since 1994, right? You also realize those defenses were known for always choking in big spots, right?

He's played with better pass rushers opposite him. Much better. He'll get them 7-8 sacks and Jet fans should be extatic.

I'll give you that but he's never played on a better, more talented D or more talented team overall.

No he didn't, it is obvious you saw little of those games or do not remember. He might have played with some of the same names, (Zach, JT, Surtain, Madison), but they were all nowhere near as good as they would get. Another aspect is, by the time Jimmy came in and started to fix the defense, he was also trying to get away from Marino's bread and butter, and attack offense that could score quickly and at will, instead he tried to force a running game that was not there. Marino also was not the same player he was before the injury, yet if he had the same exact defense Fielder had (he didn't), he would have a good amount of damage.

Actually wrong, those early 00 defenses were stingy, and would get turnovers at the perfect time. In his 1st 10 years, you give Marino just a little room to work with, you will not beat Miami, because even if an offense all of a sudden starts to pick it up, Marino will continue to match point for point and rarely in crunch time would he fail.

Did not say stardom, said he was in good shape to have a turnaround season, where he could be good, to maybe great, Sanchez has very little experience. Henne has been starting since his whole career, Sanchez had to backup a QB of Booty's stature.

Henne has one of the best receivers in the game with two very sure handed receivers (Bess & Cam), and a another Receiver that showed great potential last year in Hartline to be a quality #2, Sanchez has some very talented receivers, but not one of them has shown the consistency of a #1 receiver. So Henne has better talent just with Marshall and some #2s and/or 3s, then Sanchez with all his #2s (one of which will be in a #1s clothing).

Both have been working hard in the off season, both have good coaching to help them, but only Henne will have a backup as good and smart as Penny to help him get better.

Finally Henne will have proven RBs to help him, while Sanchez will have potentially a good running game, with a RB that has shown that his best years are behind him, and another RB that has yet to prove he can be a proven starter for an entire year.

Those Ds were the same, the '98 D was the best D you had in those years. Your Ds were always great in Sept/Oct, got worse as the season went along before choking in the big games down the stretch.

I never said marino was the same player late in his career that he was earlier in his career but he had a better D in 1998 than Fiedler ever had and it ended w/ him putting up 3 pts in a div rd loss.

Those early 00 D's were chokers just like the the late 90s. Do you not remember how you blew the div title in 2002?

As great as marino was if he played w/ those D's early in his career he wouldn't have won a SB b/c those dolphin D's folded in big games.

Henne has more experience on an NFL roster and I think that helped him last year but Sanchez has more pro starting experience including starting 3 playoff games which is HUGE.

I think henne will have a good year, I also think sanchez will as well. yes Henne has Marshall and that will be huge for him but Mark has Edwards, Holmes, Cotchery and Keller. He'll be fine too.

Shonn Greene almost carried us to a SB, he hasn't proven he can be a feature back(neither has Ronnie brown) but he won't have to be. We both have guys w/ injury questions as our #1 backs and we both have old vets as our #2 backs. Our RB situations are very similar.

"he's never played w/ the amount of talent he'll have this year. he may ruin it for us brining his bad luck and losing mentality but it's still the most talented team he has been a part of."

He played with enough talent to beat the Jest twice last year. Bad luck and losing mentality? are you serious? the Jest are known to be one of the unluckiest losing teams in sports, anaylists and sports casters say it all the time, ive heard such things as "they just have black cloud over their franchise"....your drinkin way 2 much coolaid and are sounding delusional

The most talented team does not always win and we are more talented this year than last year(as are you guys). Our bad luck took us all the way to the title game w/ a rookie HC and QB. I hope that bad luck continues.

So is NYJUNC for his recent statements about our old defenses. Consistenly around a top 5 defense for years

and consistently chokers in big spots. Look beyond the #s, the rankings tell part of the story.

PhinPhan910
06-22-2010, 11:53 AM

Hahahha. I could see after the season if you guys don't do well. "But JT's bad luck sabotaged the year.":chuckle:

dolpns13
06-22-2010, 12:26 PM
You do realize that he led you to your first div title since 1994, right? You also realize those defenses were known for always choking in big spots, right?

I'll give you that but he's never played on a better, more talented D or more talented team overall.

Those Ds were the same, the '98 D was the best D you had in those years. Your Ds were always great in Sept/Oct, got worse as the season went along before choking in the big games down the stretch.

I never said marino was the same player late in his career that he was earlier in his career but he had a better D in 1998 than Fiedler ever had and it ended w/ him putting up 3 pts in a div rd loss.

Those early 00 D's were chokers just like the the late 90s. Do you not remember how you blew the div title in 2002?

As great as marino was if he played w/ those D's early in his career he wouldn't have won a SB b/c those dolphin D's folded in big games.

Henne has more experience on an NFL roster and I think that helped him last year but Sanchez has more pro starting experience including starting 3 playoff games which is HUGE.

I think henne will have a good year, I also think sanchez will as well. yes Henne has Marshall and that will be huge for him but Mark has Edwards, Holmes, Cotchery and Keller. He'll be fine too.

Shonn Greene almost carried us to a SB, he hasn't proven he can be a feature back(neither has Ronnie brown) but he won't have to be. We both have guys w/ injury questions as our #1 backs and we both have old vets as our #2 backs. Our RB situations are very similar.

The most talented team does not always win and we are more talented this year than last year(as are you guys). Our bad luck took us all the way to the title game w/ a rookie HC and QB. I hope that bad luck continues.

and consistently chokers in big spots. Look beyond the #s, the rankings tell part of the story.

Cant argue with that... although I guess being a completely dominating defense in the regular season takes it toll on you in the playoffs - - - And december :(

Nawledge
06-22-2010, 12:58 PM

yo junc how long are you gonna go on and on and on and on about that afc championship game? are we gonna hear about it for the next 5 years? i think you bring it up in almost every single thread you post in....you got lucky, end of story.

nyjunc
06-22-2010, 01:54 PM
Hahahha. I could see after the season if you guys don't do well. "But JT's bad luck sabotaged the year.":chuckle:

I hope that doesn't happen but he has been a jinx most of his career.

yo junc how long are you gonna go on and on and on and on about that afc championship game? are we gonna hear about it for the next 5 years? i think you bring it up in almost every single thread you post in....you got lucky, end of story.

I'll bring it up as long as I see foolish posts like that or when I see dolphin fans crowing about some meaningless regular season sweep. Thanks for asking.

p4allin1
06-22-2010, 02:45 PM
I wouldn't even say they were lucky. When Cinci and Indy played their backups and they had the luxury of playing the worst teaam in the playoffs in the first round. Have fun with the senior citizen brigade around week 9 or so in NY AND OH YEAH, Jason Taylor is dead to me.