PDA

View Full Version : MERGED: Crowder done for the season - UPDATE: False News By Dumb Jets Writer

johnnyB
07-11-2010, 05:58 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=175540&id=3284

Rhody Phins Fan
07-11-2010, 06:02 PM
Yeah just saw that on Rotoworld. Good thing we have Dobbins. We'll get a good look at our new middle linebackers now.

miami234ever
07-11-2010, 06:02 PM
Wow! This came out of nowhere! Dobbins/Edds...

SRM
07-11-2010, 06:05 PM
Holy ****. Man. Glad Dobbins is up! As much as I've hated on Crowder though, I do feel bad for him. Would have rather just saw him lose the job. But hey. We now have A HARD HITTING, PLUG THE HOLE ILB to play with Dansby.

papahotel
07-11-2010, 06:05 PM
that sux but hope the guys can take advantage of the opportunity!

SRM
07-11-2010, 06:08 PM
Also, this clears Spitler to make the team if he keeps it up.

DKphin
07-11-2010, 06:14 PM
Good thing we brought in all those LBs.

DphinBillkiller
That's a bummer, but a chance for somebody to step up and fill the void.
But it happened early enough there is plenty of time to transition and give more reps for the younger guys.

hardhitn23
Dolphins linebacker Channing Crowder will miss the 2010 season with a foot injury, per the Associated Press.

More details to come. Jul. 11 - 5:55 pm et

rotoworld.com

cuban_refugee
Glad we went heavy on LBs this draft!!

j0hnny63
07-11-2010, 06:16 PM
Bummer for Crowder but, similar to the Pennington injury, it helps the coaching staff with a decision that had to be made.

Valandui
07-11-2010, 06:19 PM
It looks like we will get to see what Edds has sooner rather than later.

Posito
What happened?

13Dolfan87
Good thing we have Dobbins and drafted LB.

Nublar7
WTF? Where did this come from? I find it odd that rotoworld is quoting that guy on Twitter, yet on the twitter page there is nothing about Crowded.

If this is true, this is a MAJOR blow, regardless that we have Dobbins. This is terrible news for an already questionable linebacking corps.

TheBow305
07-11-2010, 06:20 PM
Kind of a shocker here. Guess that foot injury was much worse than originally thought. We should be fine though with Dobbs and those other LB's we brought in. I used to like Crowder, but he does way too little for all the talking he does.

COphinphan89
07-11-2010, 06:22 PM
Well that came right out of nowhere.

miami23
07-11-2010, 06:28 PM
on nfl network during the viking game that was on espn they said out for the year beacuuse it was in december maybe a mix up?

Nublar7
07-11-2010, 06:29 PM
I can't believe some of you are just like "oh well, we got Dobbins." I know Crowder is not the best player in the league, but it has been obvious the past few seasons how much better our defense actually is when he is on the field. This is an extremely big blow and something that should just be brushed aside because we have Dobbins. We are much worse off on defense now. Not good. Not good at all.

flynryan15
07-11-2010, 06:30 PM
How the hell does a foot injury short of an amputation end his season this early? Man who is going to trail a TE 5 yards and coverage and disappear in the back field for us now? Guess we have to change his name from Channing "The Ghost Chrowder" to "Channing The Glassman Chrowder" now!

Asicswrg85
07-11-2010, 06:31 PM
Wow that really stinks, like really stinks

emeraldfin
07-11-2010, 06:31 PM
Wow, thats a shocker. Going to see much more of Dobbins/Edds than I expected.

flynryan15
07-11-2010, 06:33 PM
I can't believe some of you are just like "oh well, we got Dobbins." I know Crowder is not the best player in the league, but it has been obvious the past few seasons how much better our defense actually is when he is on the field. This is an extremely big blow and something that should just be brushed aside because we have Dobbins. We are much worse off on defense now. Not good. Not good at all.

Relax Nub there is time to add another LB if this really is the case. Sorry but Channings play really feel off the planet and hurt us down the stretch. I am still scratching my head how he can be out for the season so soon for a foot? Even Ronnies injury would have had him back for the second half of the season.

NH-PhinPhan
07-11-2010, 06:34 PM
I'm reading reports on Twitter that this might be a bad report

My colleagues from #ESPN (http://twitter.com/search?q=%23ESPN) 760 on #WPTV (http://twitter.com/search?q=%23WPTV) interviewed Crowder yesterday @ his camp, say he was running around no problem, looked fine. #Dolphins (http://twitter.com/search?q=%23Dolphins)

http://twitter.com/KLV760

@NDNMafia (http://twitter.com/NDNMafia) I've contacted them. Strange about the NFLN bottom line. Could have been glitch since Crowder missed end of last yr with foot

http://twitter.com/TheJetsStream

miami23
07-11-2010, 06:35 PM
relax ppl hes not out for the year at all...it was on nfl netwrork during bear-viking game from week 16

SRM
07-11-2010, 06:36 PM
I'm reading reports on Twitter that this might be a bad report

My colleagues from #ESPN (http://twitter.com/search?q=%23ESPN) 760 on #WPTV (http://twitter.com/search?q=%23WPTV) interviewed Crowder yesterday @ his camp, say he was running around no problem, looked fine. #Dolphins (http://twitter.com/search?q=%23Dolphins)

http://twitter.com/KLV760

Wouldn't surprise me, since this is coming as a shocker to all of us.

Nublar7
07-11-2010, 06:36 PM
The guy who broke the news on twitter is backtracking now. Appears miami23 might have been right.

1 hr ago, NFL Network's bottom line said Channing Crowder (foot) was out 4 season per Associated Press report. That news doesn't appear now 3 minutes ago via web

I haven't seen Channing Crowder news on wire. So I'll assume he's not out for season with foot injury. 1 minute ago via web

If this turns out to be incorrect, Manish Mehta of the New York Daily Times needs to be fired asap.

cuban_refugee
07-11-2010, 06:37 PM
I also saw the "source" in the rotoworld article......I think it may be a bad report also.

Ilovemyfins4eva
07-11-2010, 06:38 PM
ya i also couldnt believe it, it cant be true, how could he have gotten hurt, camp isnt even in session now, i think its a bad report.

SRM
07-11-2010, 06:38 PM
Just lol.

Asicswrg85
07-11-2010, 06:39 PM
His play hurt us down the stretch? He wasnt on the field for most of that time!!! Thats what happened to our defense because he was OUT

cuban_refugee
07-11-2010, 06:39 PM
That Mehta guy would be a real idiot if he was watching a NFL Replay game on NFL Network and thought they were talking about live events!

flynryan15
07-11-2010, 06:40 PM
Dolphins linebacker Channing Crowder will miss the 2010 season with a right foot injury, per the Associated Press. Good thing they signed free-agent LB Karlos Dansby in the offseason. Tim Dobbins will take over for Crowder at "Mike" while Dansby will serve as Miami's starter at "Ted" in the Dolphins' 3-4 scheme. Crowder suffered a season-ending foot injury in Week 16 of 2009 against the Texans.

Well here it is apparently it is from last year and lingereing, I guess this is why we went after Dobbins.

Nublar7
07-11-2010, 06:41 PM
Relax Nub there is time to add another LB if this really is the case. Sorry but Channings play really feel off the planet and hurt us down the stretch. I am still scratching my head how he can be out for the season so soon for a foot? Even Ronnies injury would have had him back for the second half of the season.It appears it may have just come from a stupid Jets blogger who doesn't know an old bottom line from a new one.

Still though, the loss of Crowder for the entire season who be devastating and definitely something not to be downplayed. Again, not the best player in the league but definitely would be a big time loss for this defense. I like Dobbins, think he was a great addition, but I would rather Crowder and Dobbins than just relying on Dobbins for 16 weeks.

Clipse
07-11-2010, 06:41 PM

Crowder was awful last year. There is no way Dobbins can be any worse than Crowder was last year.

That being said, I'm calling bull**** on this. This was originally reported by Associated Press. And now it's not on their site anymore.

SRM
07-11-2010, 06:43 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/07/Special_Ed1-1.jpg

flynryan15
07-11-2010, 06:44 PM
It appears it may have just come from a stupid Jets blogger who doesn't know an old bottom line from a new one.

Still though, the loss of Crowder for the entire season who be devastating and definitely something not to be downplayed. Again, not the best player in the league but definitely would be a big time loss for this defense. I like Dobbins, think he was a great addition, but I would rather Crowder and Dobbins than just relying on Dobbins for 16 weeks.

I am biased I have never liked Chrowder so take my view with a grain of salt, but I am interested to see Dobbins and then Edds on passing downs. It can't be worse then " The Ghost" was last year! The source I quoted was rotoworld and I just went there.

SkapePhin
07-11-2010, 06:45 PM
This looks bogus. A Dolphins beat writer would have reported it if true. Looks like PFT and other news outlets got punked.

flynryan15
07-11-2010, 06:49 PM
Where is Finatic? Paging Finatic! Time for you to start email/texting/sending smoke signals to your sources!

Geforce
07-11-2010, 06:50 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/07/Special_Ed1-1.jpg
So sad.

Geforce
07-11-2010, 06:52 PM
Interesting that this is reported three days after an article comes out about Channing saying that he will be ready for July 30th and the start of camp.

flynryan15
07-11-2010, 06:57 PM
Well for what it is worth the 3 stooges have nothing on their twitter! Omar, Jeff, Hackmando have nothing on it. Either way I think Dobbins replaces Chrowder, Parcells and Ireland are real high on the guy and one thing is for sure Parcells knows his LBs!!!

Nublar7
07-11-2010, 06:59 PM
BOGUS! He said about 29 minutes ago he saw it on NFL Network on the bottom about an hour before that. That would have put him around 5:30 or 5:40 PM ET. So, being the smart cookie that I am, I ran to my TV turned on on NFL Network and re-winded my DVR to around that time. At roughly 5:44 PM ET, the ESPN bottom line from the Vikings/Bears game came up and said this: "Dolphins LB Channing Crowder (foot) out for season, AP reports. Dolphins (7-8) are in wild card hunt."

So there you go, typical from the Jets area. I can't believe we the fans have to do the work and research to correct the mistakes of dumb sport writers. But he is a Jets sport writer, so what do you expect?

flynryan15
07-11-2010, 07:04 PM
BOGUS! He said about 29 minutes ago he saw it on NFL Network on the bottom about an hour before that. That would have put him around 5:30 or 5:40 PM ET. So, being the smart cookie that I am, I ran to my TV turned on on NFL Network and re-winded my DVR to around that time. At roughly 5:44 PM ET, the ESPN bottom line from the Vikings/Bears game came up and said this: "Dolphins LB Channing Crowder (foot) out for season, AP reports. Dolphins (7-8) are in wild card hunt."

So there you go, typical from the Jets area. I can't believe we the fans have to do the work and research to correct the mistakes of dumb sport writers. But he is a Jets sport writer, so what do you expect?

I expect an IQ hovering around the level of a plant or a table leg!

Clipse
07-11-2010, 07:08 PM

Good job. I figured it was all bogus being I searched AP's site and they had nothing. Being reported by a Jets fan pretty much lets you know there's nothing to it.

Sgt.FinFan
07-11-2010, 07:08 PM
I did the same thing, it's amazing how stupid the reporter was/is. Now it's all over the place. He's not even
saying it was his fault yet. How about the other news it was showing, NBA scores, the news about the college
coach being suspended, did he think he was in a time machine ? DUH !!!!

LennyV
07-11-2010, 07:09 PM
THe source PFT is referencing is a link to the guys twitter page. I am a little more disappointed in NBC Sports: http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/38194583

Dolphins linebacker Channing Crowder will miss the 2010 season with a right foot injury, per the Associated Press.

Good thing they signed free-agent LB Karlos Dansby in the offseason. Tim Dobbins will take over for Crowder at "Mike" while Dansby will serve as Miami's starter at "Ted" in the Dolphins' 3-4 scheme. Crowder suffered a season-ending foot injury in Week 16 of 2009 against the Texans.

Source: Manish Mehta on Twitter (http://twitter.com/TheJetsStream)

Seems like news outlets are more concerned with being the first to break the news rather than the accuracy.

If nothing else it has added a little excitement to the offseason

Clipse
07-11-2010, 07:13 PM
THe source PFT is referencing is a link to the guys twitter page. I am a little more disappointed in NBC Sports: http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/38194583

Dolphins linebacker Channing Crowder will miss the 2010 season with a right foot injury, per the Associated Press.

Good thing they signed free-agent LB Karlos Dansby in the offseason. Tim Dobbins will take over for Crowder at "Mike" while Dansby will serve as Miami's starter at "Ted" in the Dolphins' 3-4 scheme. Crowder suffered a season-ending foot injury in Week 16 of 2009 against the Texans.

Source: Manish Mehta on Twitter (http://twitter.com/TheJetsStream)

Seems like news outlets are more concerned with being the first to break the news rather than the accuracy.

If nothing else it has added a little excitement to the offseason

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/07/313-1.jpg

Journalism fails again.

sinPHIN
07-11-2010, 07:15 PM
Crawl was NOT live. So Channing Crowder is NOT out for year with foot injury. (That news referred to last yr's injury). Hope that clarifies less than 10 seconds ago (http://twitter.com/TheJetsStream/status/18310803591) via web what a idiot

http://twitter.com/TheJetsStream
---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

the guy needs to be fired asap

COphinphan89
07-11-2010, 07:17 PM
Crowder probably won't start this year, but we need him for depth. Good thing this is all crap.

sphincter
07-11-2010, 07:17 PM
PFT just updated the error.

paskerbrandon
07-11-2010, 07:22 PM
Thank god this is false, I wouldn't want a rookie starting at MLB, along with another question mark at outside linebacker.

sphincter
07-11-2010, 07:23 PM
False he is NOT out for the 2010 season.

Nublar7
07-11-2010, 07:27 PM
I did the same thing, it's amazing how stupid the reporter was/is. Now it's all over the place. He's not even
saying it was his fault yet. How about the other news it was showing, NBA scores, the news about the college
coach being suspended, did he think he was in a time machine ? DUH !!!!Not only the news about Mike Leach being suspended or even the NBA scores, right after it said Crowder is out for the season it says that Miami is 7-8 and alive for a wild card spot. That didn't seem odd to him?

I love how he is trying to pass it off as a NFL Network bottom line glitch when it was in fact HIS screw up. He needs to be accountable for this because his tweet set off a fire of other tweets and articles being posted on NBC, rotoworld, PFT, etc. If anybody should miss the 2010 season it is Manish Mehta. I call for a suspension from the New York Daily News over this, it was unacceptable for him to do this.

sinPHIN
07-11-2010, 07:31 PM
the guy writes for the jets and is just hopeing he broke something on the phins. the guy is a retard. come on it said news about Mike Leach being suspended or even the NBA scores, right after it said Crowder is out for the season it says that Miami is 7-8 and alive for a wild card spot. OWN UP TO YOUR MISTAKE STOP SAYING ITS A GLITCH!!!

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

Not only the news about Mike Leach being suspended or even the NBA scores, right after it said Crowder is out for the season it says that Miami is 7-8 and alive for a wild card spot. That didn't seem odd to him?

I love how he is trying to pass it off as a NFL Network bottom line glitch when it was in fact HIS screw up. He needs to be accountable for this because his tweet set off a fire of other tweets and articles being posted on NBC, rotoworld, PFT, etc. If anybody should miss the 2010 season it is Manish Mehta. I call for a suspension from the New York Daily News over this, it was unacceptable for him to do this.

yea i say suspend or fire him. i wouldnt want some idiot working for me

Sgt.FinFan
07-11-2010, 07:35 PM
I agree, the fact he still is playing games and not just saying, I screwed up, should result in some kind of employer punishment. You can't be in the media and get away with this kind of thing.

Ruby2
07-11-2010, 07:39 PM
You guys are frickin hysterical saying that Mehta should be fired. Mehta is a great, and I really do mean great beat writer. He simply reports the facts, unlike his predecessor Rich Cimini, who like many beat writers, just tried to stir the pot. So he made a mistake, big deal, I'm sure he will own up to it. Fired for an honest mistake? That is just laughable.

Sgt.FinFan
07-11-2010, 07:44 PM
He made a huge error that then went viral all over the net. He has yet to say he messed up, acting like a politician, it's everyones fault but his. Maybe he'll listen to a jets fan, write him and tell him to man up. Next time it might be a error about the jets, I'm sure you'd not like that.

You guys are frickin hysterical saying that Mehta should be fired. Mehta is a great, and I really do mean great beat writer. He simply reports the facts, unlike his predecessor Rich Cimini, who like many beat writers, just tried to stir the pot. So he made a mistake, big deal, I'm sure he will own up to it. Fired for an honest mistake? That is just laughable.

Ruby2
07-11-2010, 07:49 PM
He made a huge error that then went viral all over the net. He has yet to say he messed up, acting like a politician, it's everyones fault but his. Maybe he'll listen to a jets fan, write him and tell him to man up. Next time it might be a error about the jets, I'm sure you'd not like that.

Its not like this was run in the paper. It was on the web for what, like an hour and pretty quickly corrected. I know that because we surf the web all day on the forums and blogs we tend to think that everyone else does, but that isn't the reality. The majority of football fans will never even know this happened. He should apologize, definitely, but to be fired over something like this just seems a bit extreme imo.

PhinsPhan11
07-11-2010, 07:56 PM
It's a good thing all this is crap. Crowder is an ok linebacker and it's good we have him.

Mr_Freezetag
07-11-2010, 08:19 PM
Off with his head!!!!!!!!

Nublar7
07-11-2010, 08:26 PM
You guys are frickin hysterical saying that Mehta should be fired. Mehta is a great, and I really do mean great beat writer. He simply reports the facts, unlike his predecessor Rich Cimini, who like many beat writers, just tried to stir the pot. So he made a mistake, big deal, I'm sure he will own up to it. Fired for an honest mistake? That is just laughable.Look he messed up, BIG TIME. A mistake that started to make shock waves across other news outlets. It wasn't a personal twitter it was a "Jets Stream" twitter page that goes with his news paper.

It is obvious that this Manish Mehta character does not double check his facts. He runs with whatever he hears and that should not sit well with you as a Jets fan. If he reports something about the Jets in the future, how can you fully trust him? How do you know if he has multiple league sources or just a drunk guy at the bar he is at?

Armando got a lot of flack because he made a jab at Rex Ryan saying that Sparano lost weight the natural way. Mehta makes a post that the AP is reporting Crowder is out for the 2010 season. However, the AP never said that, and Crowder is actually not out for the season.

Manish Mehta needs to be held accountable for his massive mistake. A suspension is the least the New York Daily News should do.

josekareh
07-11-2010, 08:29 PM
UUUUUUFFFFFFFFFF!!!! I sh*t my pants, we don't need that.... not now!!

X-Pacolypse
07-11-2010, 08:31 PM
WTF happened?

allsilverdreams
07-11-2010, 09:14 PM
stupid jets mo fo

hooshoops
07-11-2010, 09:17 PM
what...so this booze i've been drinking the last 3 hours in pure elation was all for not???

son of a *****

Nublar7
07-11-2010, 10:31 PM
WTF happened?A Jets beat reporter said that the AP was reporting that Crowder was out for the 2010 season. Yet the AP never reported that. The dummy was reading the ESPN bottom line on the Vikings/Bears replay on NFLN. The news was from last December when Crowder was put on IR.

PhinsPhan11
07-11-2010, 11:14 PM
What an idiot, well he is a Jets beats reporter.