PDA

View Full Version : Miami needs to stop getting rid of their tough guys, if they want to good again.

DOLMET
07-11-2010, 07:29 PM
Miami should of never got rid of andre goodman, a few years ago. They guy was a leader and a winner. He was a fierce competitor. Miami got rid of him after one year. Then they got rid of there most intense and hard working player, in matt roth. They get rid of joey porter, who is a winner and tough guy. Do we have anymore leaders and tough guys on this team. So one please tell me.

Mr_Freezetag
07-11-2010, 07:52 PM
Joey Porter cried because his performance on the field didn't match the walk he was talking because Wake was getting playing time in his place. He might have been tough at times but this organization wants team oriented players and as far as I am concerned I feel we are getting rid of the trash and bringing in quality players.

I understand the Roth argument but I don't remember the details or reasoning for it. I was scratching my head at first on that one.

But the past is the past. I mean if you are complaining about getting rid of tough guys, what do you have to say about getting Incognito in here? The man is a bad *ss

phintim
07-12-2010, 01:22 PM
Goodman they wanted back at the right price as he was a veteran that had a history of being injury prone. That drives down the value in their book. Denver paid much more.
Roth same thing he has been nicked up every since he got here and just started earning his keep when they moved him from DE to OLB. After that move Roth demanded more money IMO which is why he was around but not around. A healthy Roth they may have paid a bit of what he wanted. He is pulling the same stuff in Cleveland. He needs to take a look in the mirror a bit more. IMO
Porter was a big mouth who caused more issues for the team last year than his play could cover on the field. You better either put up or shut up with these guys or you will be replaced. Porter is already a issue with his behavior for Arizona.
JT on the other hand kept his mouth shut and worked hard and played injured they should have kept him. He is a tough guy who plays hard but not play cheap.

EvilDylan
07-12-2010, 05:13 PM
Porter was tough? Since when? How much was he injured last year and how many plays did he take off?

Roth was sidelined with a "groin injury" for what seemed to be half the season. Yeah what a tough guy. Sorry, but those two are not the definition of tough.

X-Pacolypse
07-12-2010, 05:24 PM
Joey Porter is tough? I didn't realize that running your trap nonstop and being unable to back it up on Sundays qualified as "tough," but OK. Whatever you say.

dolpns13
07-12-2010, 05:25 PM
Miami should of never got rid of andre goodman, a few years ago. They guy was a leader and a winner. He was a fierce competitor. Miami got rid of him after one year.

1 year? Are you sure about that? Try 3 years.. (and he wasnt a winner, he came from Detriot)

And yes, it is of my opinion, he should not have been released.

Then they got rid of there most intense and hard working player, in matt roth.

You cant be serious? What about him skipping OTA's and TC with seemingly fake injuries tells you he was a hard worker? Because he ran around the field like a chicken with its head cut off?

They get rid of joey porter, who is a winner and tough guy. Do we have anymore leaders and tough guys on this team. So one please tell me.

This is one of the funniest quotes of your entire post... What made him a leader and a tough guy? because he had a loud mouth? Did it make him a tough guy when he talked smack ALL WEEK before the Ratriots game, saying he did not respect them at all, subsequently ending the game with not one tackle... LOL

IMO Porter isnt tough, he's a TOTAL softy.. Which is why he completely sucks against the run.

Is Ricky not tough? Is Long not tough? Is Polite not tough? Is Dansby not tough? Is Marshal not tough? Is Bess not tough? is Hartline not tough? is Starks not tough? is Bell not tough?

Sounds like you only want loud mouths, primadonna's and fakes on this team. Sorry man, but you should have done some research before posting this stuff

foozool13
07-12-2010, 05:48 PM
Andre Goodman was a big loss and a legit mistake by the trifecta. I understand they felt he was worth a certain amount but they misjudged him. We paid Gabril Wilson 5 yrs $27 million but that $ would have been WAY better spent on Goodman, who signed with Broncos for 5 yrs $25 million. This was one of the glaring mistakes of the trifecta who in general has done VERY well.

Nublar7
07-12-2010, 05:52 PM
Miami should of never got rid of andre goodman, a few years ago. They guy was a leader and a winner. He was a fierce competitor. Miami got rid of him after one year. Then they got rid of there most intense and hard working player, in matt roth. They get rid of joey porter, who is a winner and tough guy. Do we have anymore leaders and tough guys on this team. So one please tell me.

Andre Goodman is 31 years old and when he left Miami(where he played three seasons not one), he was looking for big bucks. Despite still having gas left in the tank it is hard to argue against the Dolphins deciding to go younger at the position. Lets not forget that Miami replaced Goodman with Davis and Smith who have much more long term potential. It was a difficult decision for the team to make, but you can definitely see why they went that route.

Matt Roth was intense on the field, but hardly a hard worker. Remember, this is the guy who faked an injury all training camp last season and was becoming a locker room distraction. Also, just earlier this year he demanded a trade from his new team. Not even been with the Browns a full year and he already wants out.

Joey Porter's production dropped big time last year and was more of a locker room distraction then a leader. Plus, he publicly said he wanted out of Miami back in January. He talked his way out of town and at 33 years old and his production slipping, wasn't worth keeping around.

Miami has a lot of leader candidates and tough guys. Best leader candidate on defense has to be our big FA acquisition Karlos Dansby.

sensation24
07-12-2010, 05:53 PM
Fail post

Nublar7
07-12-2010, 05:53 PM
Andre Goodman was a big loss and a legit mistake by the trifecta. I understand they felt he was worth a certain amount but they misjudged him. We paid Gabril Wilson 5 yrs $27 million but that $ would have been WAY better spent on Goodman, who signed with Broncos for 5 yrs $25 million. This was one of the glaring mistakes of the trifecta who in general has done VERY well.

I think we missed Renaldo Hill more than we missed Goodman.

GoonBoss
07-12-2010, 05:58 PM
Yeah..Joey Porter is really tough.

lol.

I think we've got lots of really tough guys like Davon Bess and Yermiah Bell on the team. I'll take their kind of tough over a D bag like Porter any day.

DcRy82
07-12-2010, 06:05 PM
1 year? Are you sure about that? Try 3 years.. (and he wasnt a winner, he came from Detriot)

And yes, it is of my opinion, he should not have been released.

He wasnt released. He was a FA.

MiZFiT
07-12-2010, 07:10 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

dolpns13
07-12-2010, 08:09 PM
He wasnt released. He was a FA.

Ok, not resigned

KTOWNFINFAN
07-12-2010, 08:22 PM
Was that an attempt at humor?? I think we would miss Jason Allen more than Hill. He was absolutely horrible.

Bumpus
07-12-2010, 08:27 PM

^ bottom line ^

Phantom
07-12-2010, 08:52 PM
Who doesn't want out of Cleavland? Hell, the whole team left once.

footsteps_falco
07-12-2010, 08:56 PM
we got tough guys who also keep their mouths shut in players like randy starks, kendal langford, yeremiah bell, tony mcdaniel, jake long, richy incognito, and now brandon marshall, also ronnie brown and ricky williams are pretty "tough" wouldnt you say? and lousaka polite.... we have tough guys.. seems like your definition of tough is loud mouth lazy players... underachievers who talk a big game but dont deliver.

i think it was brandon marshall who said himself joey porter has.... "popcorn muscles" lol

Phinatic8u
07-12-2010, 08:59 PM
Joey "popcorn muscles" Porter wasn't ****. He was a loud mouth garbage player.

hemidemon
07-12-2010, 08:59 PM
Why do people cry about Matt Roth? The guy sat half the year with a ghost injury. That's not a tough guy leader. It's a quitter.

Clipse
07-12-2010, 09:00 PM

Wildbill3
07-12-2010, 09:38 PM
I miss hill, goodman and even JT. the others? not so much.

dolpns13
07-12-2010, 10:08 PM
Random thought here...

Would've Dolly Parton been successful without big boobs?

Vaark
07-12-2010, 11:03 PM
If being a clubhouse cancer equates to toughness, then Porter was as tough as they come.

KlausC
07-12-2010, 11:09 PM
The OP reminds me exactly of a poster on TGG who pretends to be a Jets fan but makes retarded threads like this all the time. lmao.

can a Mod please send me the IP of this guy? I wanna see if it's the same person.

PhinsPhan11
07-12-2010, 11:38 PM
I miss hill, goodman and even JT. the others? not so much.
I agree, I miss those guys, but not so much the others.